Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I've ran a Griffin M4SD,  SiCo Omega 9k, and Silentium MG7K.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will it work in a PS90?????

Why wouldn't it?

Well, the American Eagle ball sucks in it. So it's somewhat a fair question.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So what happened to the MP5 tho
View Quote

Stop being a poor and buy the H&K Sp5 or one of the many Turkish version licensed copies made on H&K machinery. PSA is busy selling every AR and AK including 9mm PCC versions they can make, not to mention the Dagger and the Rock pistols.
 It really doesn’t make any sense to waste time on a PSA MP5 when you  can get a Turkish one for $900 or the real thing for twice that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A new 5.7 round PS90 P90 capable? Without a FTE, FTL? Count me in AE 5.7 is crap, and I can only run 195, 197 or 198 with reliability.
View Quote

I have a Turbo K on my PS90, I can run the red box American Eagle just fine.

Maybe I just got a good lot?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have a Turbo K on my PS90, I can run the red box American Eagle just fine.

Maybe I just got a good lot?
View Quote
I generally have very few issues. Maybe less than 5 AE failures over the last 6000+ rds in my 5.7 runs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]

What’s the dial on the left with the wire going up to the RDS? I have one of the M1 Bullpup lighted reticle kits from over a decade ago, but that looks like something different.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A SiCo Sparrow, while it'll handle 5.7. It's not a good choice. Still very loud.

5.7 really needs a rifle can. With some exceptions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A suppressor. I will be using a Sparrow.

A SiCo Sparrow, while it'll handle 5.7. It's not a good choice. Still very loud.

5.7 really needs a rifle can. With some exceptions.

This is correct. I used my recored SFN-57 for years, but finally got a Saker 556 K can in a few weeks ago and I’m going to go rezero it today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What’s the dial on the left with the wire going up to the RDS? I have one of the M1 Bullpup lighted reticle kits from over a decade ago, but that looks like something different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Trijicon RMR Model RM08A 12.9 MOA Dual-Illuminated Amber Triangle Sight with added Tenebraex kill-flash to serve as LED holder mounted with Design Machine RMR fixed optic mount and custom M1bullpup.com REM-T3 LED illuminator.  (Chris made me one with a 4" wire and bare LED, then I fitted it to the kill-flash and used plastic epoxy to attach and Sharpie to blacken.)
Attachment Attached File

I've since done a slightly better job on tucking the wire out of the way
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#9]
My PS90 SBR and Rock are ready...
My YHM R9 should be out of jail any day now...
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Trijicon RMR Model RM08A 12.9 MOA Dual-Illuminated Amber Triangle Sight with added Tenebraex kill-flash to serve as LED holder mounted with Design Machine RMR fixed optic mount and custom M1bullpup.com REM-T3 LED illuminator.  (Chris made me one with a 4" wire and bare LED, then I fitted it to the kill-flash and used plastic epoxy to attach and Sharpie to blacken.)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328408/9FB6ADEA-4653-467C-9F72-AC3724FF135E_jpe-2411679.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328408/9FB6ADEA-4653-467C-9F72-AC3724FF135E_jpe-2411679.JPG

That’s interesting. Something similar could be used on ACOGs and make the tritium a moot concern at the end of its life.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very interesting. Keep the same RMR in action without messing with the illumination issues of the dual illum model. Wouldn’t it be easier to just run an RM06 though, haha?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Very interesting. Keep the same RMR in action without messing with the illumination issues of the dual illum model. Wouldn’t it be easier to just run an RM06 though, haha?
View Quote

Yes but, well I had the RM08 sitting there and had gotten a screaming deal on it so… it’s actually pretty good outdoors without the LED on and the REM dial is a lot easier to adjust so I kinda like it as-is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes but, well I had the RM08 sitting there and had gotten a screaming deal on it so… it’s actually pretty good outdoors without the LED on and the REM dial is a lot easier to adjust so I kinda like it as-is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s true. The rheostat dial is pretty easy to manipulate and it gives you some fixed adjustments on an otherwise uncontrollable RDS. Points for originality and ingenuity.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there a 198LF equivalent loading coming?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a 198LF equivalent loading coming?
View Quote

Excellent question.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thank you AAC! Can't wait!!!

https://i.imgur.com/e3WaWjh.png
View Quote

January 40th?  I can't wait that long!
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Excellent question.
View Quote

Yeah to follow up, something specifically loaded hot. Not like 195 which is just slower 198 for no reason.
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Do we have any idea of cost per round yet?
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, it's January ??
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, it's January ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it's January ??

Holding off on a bulk (for me) 5.7x28 purchase till we see the release news on this AAC 5.7 -- hope Jan 4 is good news!  I've got two hungry little ones to feed!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#22]
One day to go fellas
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Is today the day?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Am I the only one hoping for steel cased 5.7?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would that work?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brass would still be nice. I ordered a couple boxes of Fiocchi 40gr THP. Reviews say about as good as FN, for 0.20-0.30 cheaper per round. I was hoping the AAC would be on the market by now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 12:24:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Would that work?
View Quote
I don't think the steel would stretch properly, but who knows.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it?

I’ve run about two thousand rounds of AE through my sbr p90, AR57 upper, fn 5.7, ruger 5.7 and psa rock 5.7. Never had a problem in any gun.

Not saying it’s good ammo. It’s just range plinking ammo. I’m just surprised how many people hate it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’ve run about two thousand rounds of AE through my sbr p90, AR57 upper, fn 5.7, ruger 5.7 and psa rock 5.7. Never had a problem in any gun.

Not saying it’s good ammo. It’s just range plinking ammo. I’m just surprised how many people hate it.
View Quote

Like almost everything on the interwebz, a few people, for whatever reason, have legitimate issues with it, but thousands more just parrot the lines and think it’s cool to hate stuff.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would that work?

Thats what I was thinking. I am hoping to get some for my PS90.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Why was it stated that It would come out on January 4?

I’m guessing they are waiting for for shotshow to announce it

edit for all kinds of voice to txt errors

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Spent all my money on other shit while I wait

Hoping it comes sooner than later

Is it going to be available for the most part? Or small batches from time to time?

Any plans for subs?
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#33]
update?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#34]
I need to ping them again. They were close last I checked.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it?

Ditto

Runs fine in my PS90, AR57, Ruger 57 and PSA 5.7.

The only problem with ammunition I’ve had is running the V-MAX tip through my PS90. The plastic tip often breaks-off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Bump for shart show 2023
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#37]
yeah uhm,..
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#39]
That looks like a nickel plated case?  It is hard to tell, but it also doesn't appear to have the coating on it.  I wonder if that is just a model/prototype for the show, or the final production product?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Ok, the picture says that AAC 5.7x28 ammo is "currently in production", but when can us mere mortals actually BUY it?
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:48:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That looks like a nickel plated case?  It is hard to tell, but it also doesn't appear to have the coating on it.  I wonder if that is just a model/prototype for the show, or the final production product?
View Quote

Two things….

First, I think it is brass but in a weird light. Secondly, you must be jonesing for that sweet, sweet 5.7 ammo to make this your first post in 11 years!
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could it be that the nickel plating aids in extraction of the straight-walled 5.7 case?  Just a guess, as most other ammo designed for semi automatics have tapered cases for that reason.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2023 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#44]
when will this be available?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, at least we know they've had a box printed up
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Ammo cost has held me back, as well as the fact that all the 5.7 pistols are full sized (little large for carry) .
Well it seems you guys are going to solve both these issues between the ammo and possibly a compact 5.7 pistol.    

Great news!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#47]
yup. Looks like a 4.4"er version of the rock will be available.. ordered.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ammo cost has held me back, as well as the fact that all the 5.7 pistols are full sized (little large for carry) .
Well it seems you guys are going to solve both these issues between the ammo and possibly a compact 5.7 pistol.    

Great news!
View Quote

it’s a blasty little round whose terminal ballistics benefits from muzzle velocity.  Whether taking an inch off pistol barrel length is a good trade remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

it's a blasty little round whose terminal ballistics benefits from muzzle velocity.  Whether taking an inch off pistol barrel length is a good trade remains to be seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great news!

it's a blasty little round whose terminal ballistics benefits from muzzle velocity.  Whether taking an inch off pistol barrel length is a good trade remains to be seen.

Yeah it's kinda dumb.

30 Super Carry is a better mousetrap for short barrels and high capacity.

Regardless I am very glad to see all these new options on the market. I'm most looking forward to the S&W 5.7, they have been doing a great job with the design and execution of their M&P line.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah it's kinda dumb.

30 Super Carry is a better mousetrap for short barrels and high capacity.

Regardless I am very glad to see all these new options on the market. I'm most looking forward to the S&W 5.7, they have been doing a great job with the design and execution of their M&P line.

View Quote

Yeah I'll have to have me one of the new S&W 5.7s.
Intrigued by the design.
It might not need any coating to function.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top