BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:43:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonder if I can convince them to make a 35gr copper solid competitor to Black Dragon Fang and T6B :D
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This American Eagle is terrible doesn’t function in my ps90
View Quote

Curious if these are recent experiences or not? Buddy and I both have had zero issues with the red box AE in SBR'd PS90s... I dimly recall hearing something about early AE having troubles and Federal changing something to address it, so I wondered if the folks with AE issues have tried in the last 4-5 years of production?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FMJ
V-max
TSX
Blitsking
View Quote

Hell yeah to all those !! I bought all the V Max I could find at $14-$16 per 50 years ago. A BlitzKing loading would be tits.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I feel less stupid for having just bought this!
Always wanted one. PSA Emails got me again.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77917/20220901_174430_jpg-2519393.JPG
View Quote

WHAT!!!??  Didn't know PSA offered that.
I guess I know my  next purchase is now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
300 BO last week.

5.7 teaser this week.

What's next?
View Quote

surprised they have not jumped on 5.45x39 considering they sell guns in that caliber and russian imported ammo is going to become a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't make it (I don't think). Advertised as Panzer Arms, although it doesn't say Panzer anywhere on it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They don't make it (I don't think). Advertised as Panzer Arms, although it doesn't say Panzer anywhere on it.
View Quote
They are supposedly the same company as "AR57 Center" was. Trying to get the guy at Panzer to answer questions is difficult. I've been trying to get a T&E for 9 months from them..
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

surprised they have not jumped on 5.45x39 considering they sell guns in that caliber and russian imported ammo is going to become a thing of the past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
300 BO last week.

5.7 teaser this week.

What's next?

I thought that was going to be served by their steel case line - not sure on the status of bring that production online.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#12]
i'll resell you my FN 5.7 ammo
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So what happened to the MP5 tho
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Curious if these are recent experiences or not? Buddy and I both have had zero issues with the red box AE in SBR'd PS90s... I dimly recall hearing something about early AE having troubles and Federal changing something to address it, so I wondered if the folks with AE issues have tried in the last 4-5 years of production?
View Quote
This has been an issue with AE TMJ since it's inception. It's a short 40gr bullet. They rely on neck tension and a "glue" to keep them seated. There is very little bearing surface on the 40gr FMJ. My theory is that the glue just doesn't have enough area to hold the bullet in place, especially when use in the P90/PS90 with it's heavy bolt. The easiest solution is to replace the glue with a mechanical crimp. I don't crimp all of my AE TMJ, but when I do, I have zero problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hope you're making lots of it
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pointy .22 mag is mo' bettah!
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They are supposedly the same company as "AR57 Center" was. Trying to get the guy at Panzer to answer questions is difficult. I've been trying to get a T&E for 9 months from them..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Buffman_LT1
Want me to send you this one? Guarantee to get a production upper and not a fluff and buff job. Just send it back when you're done. No limitations. Just don't throw it down the driveway.

It's unfired. I just greased it up because it was a bit rough and hard to cycle dry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#19]
AAC 9mm from the PSA website is 30 cpr, higher than equivalent brands (PMC, Blazer, Federal) available elsewhere.

Federal 5.7 can be had for ~66 CPR online.

I have a hard time believing a much less popular cartridge is going to be beat current market prices if your 9mm can't.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what happened to the MP5.

It got back burnered by their venture into ammo production, or so I’ve read.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:55:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

@Buffman_LT1
Want me to send you this one? Guarantee to get a production upper and not a fluff and buff job. Just send it back when you're done. No limitations. Just don't throw it down the driveway.

It's unfired. I just greased it up because it was a bit rough and hard to cycle dry.
View Quote
I would not look that gift horse in the eye. May be a good opportunity to see how it runs with the AAC 5.7 ammo if we can secure some :D
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Awesome to hear.

I reload 5.7, but buy factory ammo for the brass before scrapping it after my 3rd reload. Another source of brass and/or factory ammo is always a good thing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would not look that gift horse in the eye. May be a good opportunity to see how it runs with the AAC 5.7 ammo if we can secure some :D
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Buffman_LT1

PM me your address and best way to get it to you (some places have less than reliable services from one carrier or another). Also if you want or need signature required.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
AAC 9mm from the PSA website is 30 cpr, higher than equivalent brands (PMC, Blazer, Federal) available elsewhere.

Federal 5.7 can be had for ~66 CPR online.

I have a hard time believing a much less popular cartridge is going to be beat current market prices if your 9mm can't.
View Quote
Their 9mm came in at $15/box when everyone else was still in the 18/20 range. I don't know what AAC is planning on charging but all domestic production surely could equate to lower ammo costs. All current 5.7 brass comes from Belgium.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
hmmm, betcha still gonna charge for shipping, even when it’s “on sale.”
View Quote

Is shipping a zero cost endeavor for businesses?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This has been an issue with AE TMJ since it's inception. It's a short 40gr bullet. They rely on neck tension and a "glue" to keep them seated. There is very little bearing surface on the 40gr FMJ. My theory is that the glue just doesn't have enough area to hold the bullet in place, especially when use in the P90/PS90 with it's heavy bolt. The easiest solution is to replace the glue with a mechanical crimp. I don't crimp all of my AE TMJ, but when I do, I have zero problems with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Buffman_LT1

What do you use to crimp 5.7?

I've loaded 40gr VMAX projectiles in FN brass with a Lee 2 die set since 2014, but just got a Lee crimp die last week. Have 20rds crimped up to give me something to chrono against uncrimped rounds in the SBR'd PS90 and new PSA ROCK, but I haven't gone back and crimped my entire gallon bag of handloads yet. I first want to see if it's worth the...wait for it.....squeeze (yuck yuck yuck)

The Lee crimp die was very touchy. Less than a 1/4 turn from no crimp being applied to the point where it was closing so hard I was getting a tiny bit of brass cut off the top of the case.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:04:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck that shut it down and ramp up production of a useful caliber

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@Buffman_LT1

What do you use to crimp 5.7?

I've loaded 40gr VMAX projectiles in FN brass with a Lee 2 die set since 2014, but just got a Lee crimp die last week. Have 20rds crimped up to give me something to chrono against uncrimped rounds in the SBR'd PS90 and new PSA ROCK, but I haven't gone back and crimped my entire gallon bag of handloads yet. I first want to see if it's worth the...wait for it.....squeeze (yuck yuck yuck)

The Lee crimp die was very touchy. Less than a 1/4 turn from no crimp being applied to the point where it was closing so hard I was getting a tiny bit of brass cut off the top of the case.
View Quote
I am using the Lee Crimp die, and yes it's very very touchy. I was sure to mark the adjustments with a sharpie :D
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is what happened to the MP5.

It got back burnered by their venture into ammo production, or so I’ve read.
View Quote

Ammo is a bigger service to the community, and likely a more reliable money maker.  Good choice.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Is shipping a zero cost endeavor for businesses?
View Quote

Inb4 the thread announcing PSA/JJE has purchased UPS down the street.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I am using the Lee Crimp die, and yes it's very very touchy. I was sure to mark the adjustments with a sharpie :D
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Unless I missed it, do we know yet if this stuff will be a proper defense loading, or anemic range loads?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Unless I missed it, do we know yet if this stuff will be a proper defense loading, or anemic range loads
View Quote
They told me not anemic :D
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#34]
@Buffman_LT1

UPS lady was adamant about knowing what was being shipped. So you are about to receive trolling motor parts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I’m running the Design Machine mount for my MRO.
Probably the best upgrade for it so far.

I’ve had no issues with either the American Eagle or the FN SS197SR.

I’m also reloading for it and the Five-seveN.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@Buffman_LT1

UPS lady was adamant about knowing what was being shipped. So you are about to receive trolling motor parts.
View Quote

Lol trolling motor parts hahaha
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yall forget PSA cuts out the middle man.   From ammo plant straight to website shipped to your home.
View Quote

I aint not didnt forget nothin'?  I was correcting the other guy about his prediction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what is really needed. I’m loving my psa 74
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Cool cause the prices on that ammo these days is stupid at a $1 a round or more.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’m running the Design Machine mount for my MRO.
Probably the best upgrade for it so far.

https://i.postimg.cc/wT6jhF9q/EB562827-231-B-4-FCA-B291-9-FB6-BA74-FA64.jpg
I’ve had no issues with either the American Eagle or the FN SS197SR.

I’m also reloading for it and the Five-seveN.
View Quote

Care to share load data? The FiveseveN Forum has a bunch, but always glad to see what others are using.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a suppressed rock and it’s nice. also double tax stamped ps90. Need some ammo to go with it. Send a box or two my way and I’ll test it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure you are signed up for emails, they come in stock frequently but sell out quick
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They told me not anemic :D
View Quote

You have my attention…
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You have my attention
View Quote
They said they want to be above and beyond the factory loadings. If they have the equipment to pressure test then they certainly can easily beat AE TMJ and SS197SR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#45]

What he said
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#46]
PSA is best gun company!
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:29:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

FMJ
V-max
TSX
Blitsking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would be interested in knowing what all loadings y’all plan on offering….

FMJ
V-max
TSX
Blitsking

Really wish you guys would make some hard solid coppers similar to the EA T6B or Vanguard Black Dragon.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wonder if I can convince them to make a 35gr copper solid competitor to Black Dragon Fang and T6B :D
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#49]
So when will this hit the market?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#50]
So PSA will have AR15 conversion kits soon right?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top