Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2001 8:21:46 PM EDT
Soon I'm looking to snag my second AR (a pre-ban this time), and I've seen some good deals in my area on a few.  There is an A2 style 20" Eagle Arms I'm considering, about $100 less than a similar Colt (though I believe the Eagle has a lug, and the Colt doesn't).

Are these good?  The quality looks superb.  And I think Eagle is/was related to Armalite at some point, so I feel pretty confident there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I own an eagle armalite.The ones stamped eagle are usually sold as stripped lowers as armalite is sold as complete rifles although some eagles are sold as complete rifles look for the white stamped eagle on the front of the mag well to see if it was a complete rifle if not it could have been a parts rifle
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre-ban Eagles are good stuff. EA bought the Armalite name, and now low-end Armalites are sold under the EA name. Check Armalites web site for more info.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Eagle Arms bought the name Armalite and then became Armalite.
Every Eagle Arms reciever I have ever seen is a quality product.
All of the pre-ban Eagle Arms are also pre-Armalite too.
Eagle Arms are not Armalite seconds either.
One thing to do and that is to make sure that the lower is an fact an Eagle Arms. I have seen shitheads who try and pass off Essential Arms (EA) as Eagle Arms (EA).
Check the Armalite forum board for more info, or the Armalite web page.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys.  It actually says "Eagle Arms" on it, though the eagle isn't white.  If it is a parts gun, the fit is pretty good.  I'll have to give it a thought when purchase time comes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have several Eagle Arms prebans.  They are excellent.  The white stamp on a postban Eagle means it was built as a complete rifle at the factory.  The white stamp is also on the ArmaLites, but they are sold as complete guns only.  You can buy a new Eagle Arms lower (stripped or complete).  It will not have the stamp.  Most of the preban Eagles do not have the stamp even if they left the factory as a complete rifle, as that is a new practice started when they became ArmaLite.  The exception is the batch of prebans that they released in the last year or so.  These were Eagles that were built as the ban approached and then stashed to sell later.  I am the proud original owner of one of these NIB, never been fired prebans.  I believe that the preban Eagles are the best prebans and the postban ArmaLites are the best postbans.  The postban Eagles are an excellent rifle as well.  The main difference is that the Eagles come with a chrome moly barrel as opposed to the chrome lines on the ArmaLites.  ArmaLite says that the postban Eagles are not quite up to the ArmaLite brand, but I have one of those as well as the new ArmaLite and I would disagree.  The postban Eagle is an extremely nice rifle and again, the main difference is the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I just bought a preban Eagle lower and the quality is topnotch.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
As you can tell by my user name, I own an Eagle M4C Carbine for four years now.
It is a factory-assembled preban unit with the white stamp.
I cannot speak highly enough of its quality and performance after 1,600 rds of many types of commercial/military/surplus ammunition. Yet somehow its finish still looks new --- they sure got that finish right.
A real pleasure to handle and shoot.

This is one firearm I plan on passing on to my sons way down the line.

Ypu would do good by putting your money into an Eagle preban. They're keepers, IMO.
Wish you the best on your purchase.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Seeing as you are in CA....I doubt that you will legally be able to pass it down the line to your sons if they also live in CA...They would have 30 days to remove the rifle from the state. :(

Does your M4C have the dark gray/blue tint finish to it?? All of mine do and I love it! All Armalite/Eagle Arms currently feature a deep black finish. :( However I have seen some black M4C's which had the 4.33" fixed flash supp and bayo lug ground off...

On a side note....I picked up a M4C upper featuring a full 16" stainless bbl with A2 flash supp...Odd thing is, that when it came in, the carry handle did not have the hole machined through it...Therefore I can't mount anything to the handle??? It is bizzare that such an upper would ever leave the factory without the hole!!! The upper is new and in pre ban factory Eagle Arms configuration....IT came off of a complete rifle and has the original Eagle Arms finish...Don't know what to make of it!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't worry, not planning on staying in the sorry ass state.

I believe the finish on mine is a very matte/dull gray with no sign of blue hues at all. It is immaculate in its evenness.

Don't know what to tell ya about the handle holes missing. Check with Armalite moderator for an explanation of this. (?)

take care/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top