Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#1]
One of the things I have done that I still wish I had not, was calling a girl back in almost the exact same situation.  To this day, if I think about it, I end up kicking myself in the rear.

What good can come out of it???  If you guys would end up back together could you ever trust her again, doesn't sound like you trust her now or you would not be talking to the rest of us.  You can try to put stuff like this out of your mind, but you can never get it all the way out.  A line was crossed that you can't un-cross.

Just be thankful that you got out of the situation as clean as you did, you could have gone through a year of hell to find out she was cheating or whatever.  Keep on trucking dude.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I never agreed to two and she knew form the start I was a collector, as is my father.  It was just a reason for her to fight with me.  But she would go tell me to buy guns after she spent a lot of money.  So I never got one unless she said for me to.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Women are like monkeys, they don't want to let go of one vine until they have ahold of the next one.  The vine she let go of you for has snapped, and as she's falling to the jungle floor she's reaching back to the last secure vine she knew; you.  Once she's righter herself & established that you are still the stable vine, she'll swing on.

Uncommon wisdom.  

Love the analogy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you feel you need to return that call  which is right out of the play book for head games. Say this " well i'mglad you realized your mistake and you're sorry. maybe  the next guy won't have to go through it then" and hang up.

+ 1/2
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
She has been living with some guy for about 6 months, who she met the weekend we split or earlier.  They are still together as far as I know but she tells me he treats her like crap.  She still denies cheating on me to this day.

Women are fucking stupid, illogical animals.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Women are like monkeys, they don't want to let go of one vine until they have ahold of the next one.  The vine she let go of you for has snapped, and as she's falling to the jungle floor she's reaching back to the last secure vine she knew; you.  Once she's righter herself & established that you are still the stable vine, she'll swing on.

Uncommon wisdom.  

Uncommon wisdom.....or....recently watched Mission Impossible
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
call her back, lead her on a bit, tell her you still love her, but you are also in live with her mom, and do not know what to do

Hahaahahaha....I did that shit once, except I used the sister instead.......
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
THEIR ALL SLUTS AND NOT TO BE TRUSTED

My wife would disagree with that statement and I wouldn't want to be the one that said that infront of her.
(she'd kick your ass dude, LOL)
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#9]
She wants something.  Run away, run away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Everyone told me she wold realize one day what a dumbass she had been, and I am surprised it took her this long to actually tell me she is still in love with me.  We were highschool sweethearts and were married for 5 years before the split.  I still feel the same way but I don't think I could allow myself to get back together with her after the stuff she pulled.

Oh yeah, she also ran all my credit cars up to 15k and hers to 30k while we were married.  I still am paying mine, as she is hers.  AND she hated guns.  I was told when we were first married only two guns in house , when we split I had 12 now I have 20 , and AWB is over soon so that means one million guns will soon be in my house (all AK-47s and UZIs I will pick up off the street)

IF YOU GET BACK TOGETHER WITH HER I WILL PERSONALLY DRIVE TO TEXAS AND BEAT YOUR ASS.   IN A FRIENDLY MANNER OF COURSE
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Change you phone number. Get a new job. Move to another state.

rk
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#12]
You have to ask yourself a few questions before you make your decision to even call her back.

1) Could you ever forget what she's done?

2) Could you ever forgive her for what she's done?

3) Could you ever trust her again?

And last, but not least...

4) Do you still love her?

If you answer NO to any or all of #1-3 then # 4 doesn't matter. It won't work.

It would take an exceptionally repentent woman and an exceptionally forgiving and trusting man to make something like this work. The odds are overwhelmingly against it.

I know that I could not (and would not) take her back.

By the sounds of what she's already done, she's not through hurting people yet.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

she got into a relationship... dude treated her like crap... they split up and now she realizes how much worse things can be.

P.S.: agree with others. DO NOT CALL BACK OR GET TOGETHER. there is a reason you guys split in the first place.

BINGO

My first ever +1.

I speak from experience, as I made the mistake of calling back.  Run Forest run.
Typically they leave the good guy for the bad guy (personally, I'm normally the bad guy, but in this one case I was the good guy).  After the badguy finally treats them bad enough to make them want to leave, they start remembering just how good you were.  Then once they figure out that they've got you back on the hook & can have you anytime they want, they head back for the bad guys knowing they have you in their hip pocket.

I always kind of understood this as I was usually the bad guy, but now that I've been the good guy this once, it's become crystal clear to me.

AND THAT'S A NO SHITTER!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:37:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Actually, the whole "hanging up" thing screams to me that it's a game she is playing. She is now waiting for you to take the bait and call back, once that happens she'll set the hook. Don't call, but maybe keep an open mind when she does call back, maybe it's no game.

Then, take her to lunch maybe and have an adult conversation.

Later, stuff it in her pooper and post pics.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe the realization of her actions and their consiquences finally caught up to her.

Oh well, maybe she'll remeber this next time.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#17]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife would disagree with that statement and I wouldn't want to be the one that said that infront of her.

So is your wife not a slut or not to be trusted?

Clarify.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#18]
So she says she didn't cheat on you.  She certainly gave you reason to believe she did, and this serves as a great reason why you should never give even the hint of impropriety.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#19]
OK- I just get a call on my voice mail from her.  She says "When I called last night I did not mean I want to get back together, I just wanted to tell you that I still feel thast way and that will never change."  WTF?  I bet she is feeling stupid because I did not call her back, so to make herself fell less stupid she called me back and said that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#21]
dude if my wife ""bansihed " for  a few days,,with out some VERY good reason like ""while you were at work i won  the lottery and went to pick it up,,heres your 1/2..""
she'd hit the crib before she got thru the door!!!

do not call this women back,,sorry to be blunt,,but she is fishing for something good to hold her thru till she dumps the loser she is with now and finds someone new! meanwhile useing you to keep her busy!
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
OK- I just get a call on my voice mail from her.  She says "When I called last night I did not mean I want to get back together, I just wanted to tell you that I still feel thast way and that will never change."  WTF?  I bet she is feeling stupid because I did not call her back, so to make herself fell less stupid she called me back and said that.

Send her this voicemail:

"Would you like to talk sometime?"

Await a reply. Be sure that if she takes you up, and you give her the opportunity to make her peace, and get her closure, be SURE you get to tell her why you kicked her out. Be SURE she knows what she did wrong.

beyond that, everything is up in the air.

Has it occured to anyone else how sad this whole situation is?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Dude,

She is fucked up and trying to fuck with your mind.  Don't you have an attorney?  Get rid of her ass now.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

See, games, she wants you on the hook.  Don't be that vine.  Even if you have to gnaw your own leg off, let her monkey ass fall to the jungle floor.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

That's what i call backpeddling...leave that alone. Nothing good will ever come of it.Women like her  are just like disposable diapers. They serve their purpose the 1st time. The 2nd time around they may look nice clean outside but, they're still full of shit.

J
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Restraining order against her?
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:56:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stop it...

No, really....I'm going to write a book about this stuff one day.

"9 Million Reasons and Examples of Why our Worlds Fall Apart when we do Stupid Stuff."

The sequel:

"One Simple Thing that Will Keep You from Making 9 Million Mistakes"
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 8:56:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The obvious question to me is, "Then what is the point???"

Wish her well in her new life, but I'd advise against joining her on that adventure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Send her this voicemail:

"Would you like to talk sometime?"

Await a reply. Be sure that if she takes you up, and you give her the opportunity to make her peace, and get her closure, be SURE you get to tell her why you kicked her out. Be SURE she knows what she did wrong.

beyond that, everything is up in the air.

Yes, it has occured to me, and in a way I do feel sorry for her. However, I can't find myself agreeing with the idea of allowing her 'closure'. I don't say this in the typical 'ugh - hate all women - women evil - ugh' way.....but simply put, she made her choice, and it is not EagleArmsHBAR's problem if she cannot live with the consequences of that choice. She screwed up, and in the process inentionally screwed him over. She choose to break the faith, she chose to close the door....and as such she does not have ANY right to 'closure' to soothe her psyche over her own actions, and in fact she has an obligation to refrain from messing with the man because she can't handle her own life....
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Call her back and tell her that you think about her too, but only when you're jerking off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Call her back and tell her that you think about her too, but only when you're jerking off. banging her mom

Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just stop it...

No, really....I'm going to write a book about this stuff one day.

"9 Million Reasons and Examples of Why our Worlds Fall Apart when we do Stupid Stuff."

The sequel:

"One Simple Thing that Will Keep You from Making 9 Million Mistakes"

Ok Dr. Laura.......
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Ok HBAR, try this one...

Gather up all the pictures you can find of hot looking women (WITHOUT one of her). Get them from wherever you can, friends, old girlfriends, whatever. Put them all in a large manila envelope along with this letter:

Dear ________

It was nice hearing your voice last night, but it's been awhile since I've seen you.  I'm sorry, but I can't quite recall what you look like. I've dated a few women since we were together, so would you please pick your picture from the envelope and send it back to me so I'll know which one was you?

Thanks,

HBAR

I'm sure she'll get the warm, fuzzy feeling she deserves when she gets your package...
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#37]
OK guys, her mom is not hot.  She is a piece of white trash and smoker, alcholic, drug addict, married 6 times, and lives far away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#38]
i retract my previous statement....closure is good..but if you think shes just playing games and there is no chance for reconsiliation, fuck it man....dont even aknowledge her phone call.  just go on about daily life as if it didnt happen.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
OK guys, her mom is not hot.  She is a piece of white trash and smoker, alcholic, drug addict, married 6 times, and lives far away.

Whoa!...Now that explains a lot! Women often repeat the only life they know. That's why so many women with abusive fathers, end up with abusive husbands. And it doesn't have to be the identical behavior, it can be any other form of dysfunction. Your ex may be living the life she's programmed for. And the cycle continues....
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Ok HBAR, try this one...

Gather up all the pictures you can find of hot looking women (WITHOUT one of her). Get them from wherever you can, friends, old girlfriends, whatever. Put them all in a large manila envelope along with this letter:

Dear ________

It was nice hearing your voice last night, but it's been awhile since I've seen you.  I'm sorry, but I can't quite recall what you look like. I've dated a few women since we were together, so would you please pick your picture from the envelope and send it back to me so I'll know which one was you?

Thanks,

HBAR

I'm sure she'll get the warm, fuzzy feeling she deserves when she gets your package...hr

I like this Idea.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Well she never lived w/her mom after her mom and dad got divorced at age 3.  He dad is super cool guy and I introduced him to shooting/collecting.  Now he has a C&R, 2 AKs, an AR and lots of other guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Eagle,  

I think the key is to focus on what is best for you.  No need to be vindictive.  

I respect your decision on the breakup.   I think KBL pretty much nailed my thoughts about your asking yourself what is important to you.  If this were my situation and my Ex, who I threw out because of her infidelity (and I never did anything wrong), called to say she still cared & wanted to talk, I might talk.   That doesn't mean we would get back together.  And, if "closure" helps her move on that's great... then she is more likely to remain out of my life in the future.  

Regardless, if you choose to talk, be very careful and make NO commitments.   Don't even think about "hitting it".    If there are no kids involved at this point, it really is pretty simple.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#43]
yup, no kids here
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#44]
I hate the word 'closure'.  Did she give Hbar 'closure' when she ran off?  I don't get it.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Personally for me, I think everyone is worthy of a second chance. But then, I've never travel the roads that alot of guys have traveled. I've only married once.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is your wife not a slut or not to be trusted?

Clarify.

I never thought a reasonable person would take it literally.  

This QUOTE was from one of the youngest guy on my crew.  25 years old and seems to be the nicest guy you would ever want to meet.  He has been screwed over more times in his short little life than anyone should.  I quoted him not in a literal sense but figuratively.

If anyone was offended please feel free to IM for a personal apology.

Link Posted: 7/21/2004 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Later, stuff it in her pooper and post pics.

..no, Im sorry its not funny and that is very cold AZ-K9.  Bad AZ-K9.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
yup, no kids here

Good thing, too, from the way it sounds.....

My ex was THE person that Mike Myers is referring to on "Wayne's World" as the psycho-hosebeast.'

That girl was nuttier than a box of squirrels, and if she'd stuck around any longer, I honestly think
that I'd have ended up having her committed. Luckily for all involved, she ran off for some strange,
and I dropped her faster than a one-second fuzed handgrenade. Later restrospect allowed me to
see that I was being kept around for entertainment value, plus whatever financial gain was available,
and that was about it. Ah well, f#*$ her......
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Call her back.

Tell her you'd like to get together, and have reserved a room at the most romantic spot in town (even if it IS Motel 6).

Tell her you'll call her and let her know when you'll be by.

Then take off to Vegas, do some gambling, get a high dollar whore to blow you all weekend, and make sure you leave the cellphone at home.

Have a neighbor watch your house/apartment to protect from vandalism.

I consider myself chivalrous and well mannered, but I'm NOT a nice guy. I can be fucking ruthless.
I treat people like I want to be treated by them. Treat me like shit, expect the same in return.
Revenge is sweet. Give her a dose of her own medicine.

I've done this myself, to a POS in St. Louis, and another POS in PRK. Told her I had a room at the lodge in Yosemite (she though that was one of the most romantic places ever) and then I went to Tahoe for the weekend.

Never heard from either of them again, and I ain't losing any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2004 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

This QUOTE was from one of the youngest guy on my crew.  25 years old and seems to be the nicest guy you would ever want to meet.  He has been screwed over more times in his short little life than anyone should.  I quoted him not in a literal sense but figuratively.

If anyone was offended please feel free to IM for a personal apology.

Nice? Women screw him over? No! Whodathunkit?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top