I can just hear it now.

"Hey, what do you think of my new electric 'Cuda?"

"Well, ya 'Cuda bought something that wasn't gay."
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:35:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In June of 2021, the EV mustang outsold the gasoline version. So far in 2022, Ford has sold every EV mustang that they have produced.  In April, they stopped taking new orders because they cannot meet market demand.

I have no idea of Dodge will make an EV version of their sports cars or if they will see the success that Ford is having, but they aren't doing it because they are dumb.  Arfcom is a very small slice of the world

View Quote

You cannot buy cars that were not built.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bullllshiiiiit
View Quote
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a36916782/the-mustang-mach-e-outsold-the-traditional-mustang-in-june/

"Ford sold 2465 examples of the Mustang Mach-E in June, eclipsing 2240 Mustangs sold in the same stretch. It marks the first-ever head-to-head sales win for the electric-only crossover against its fellow Mustang. "
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You cannot buy cars that were not built.
View Quote
I agree.  There are most certainly supply issues (hence the pause in orders).  Ford claims they are ramping up production for 2023 to meet demand.  We will see I guess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a36916782/the-mustang-mach-e-outsold-the-traditional-mustang-in-june/

"Ford sold 2465 examples of the Mustang Mach-E in June, eclipsing 2240 Mustangs sold in the same stretch. It marks the first-ever head-to-head sales win for the electric-only crossover against its fellow Mustang. "
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullllshiiiiit

Comparing an SUV to a sports car. Apple's to oranges.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Dodge leaving the American market in 3, 2, 1 ...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullllshiiiiit

Bullllllshiiiiiit
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess this is how private vehicle ownership will be dramatically reduced.

Make every damn vehicle the same and boring.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A certain segment of the population will not be pleased.
View Quote

Doesn’t matter since they never make their payments anyways.

Seriously I have never met a dodge minivan or sedan owner that wasn’t a POS
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]
That's racist
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree.  There are most certainly supply issues (hence the pause in orders).  Ford claims they are ramping up production for 2023 to meet demand.  We will see I guess.
View Quote

Fair enough. At 62, I doubt I am ever forced into an EV.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
People in this thread are acting like Dodge is making some detrimental and idiotic decision that is going to cause the failure of the company.  Despite the politics related to it which I fucking hate, the objective reality is that so far, that hasn't been the case for others.  More people want to buy them than they can make fast enough.

It might end up being a bad decision in the end, I certainly can't see the future.  It's not nearly as bad of a decision as some are making it though, with the information that we have right now.  I have my reservations about the strings that come attached to EVs....but it is important to put feelings and bias aside, to be objective.  The objective view is that the demand certainly appears to be there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullllshiiiiit

It's interesting that the electric version of the most popular vehicle in the country (4 door SUV) has roughly 10% more sales the one of the least popular styles of vehicles sold in the country (2 door sedan) and this is considered a great win.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bullllllshiiiiiit
View Quote
k
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Ive been working at a Dodge Ram Jeep dealer the past month and or the all the cars ive seen come in for the service the challenger and charger I see the fewest

1 hellcat with a PCM failure and a

6.4ltr challenger needed a engine and a another got a transmission which had failed soon after install

But compared to the Jeeps and renegades and rams  i see coming thru the shop every Id rather have the challenger

But Stellanis parts prices

270.00 for one wheel bearing for a 2014 jeep wrangler for one wheel

960.00 for a oil filter housing for a cherokee

1750.00 for a intake manifold for a avenger

I get a ear full already from folks complaing about pricing but EV parts are gonna be stupid expensive

Mopar/stellanis are cutting there own throat killinng ICE vehicles

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Dodge has always been poor people cars.     So...    Let's see what happens next
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Are they discontinuing their police fleet offerings too? That's a huge market to flush down the toilet.

Just ask Ford and GM. They'll tell you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:46:36 PM EDT
[#19]
The dealers must be suicidal at this news.  My local Dodge dealer is charging, and getting, $5,000 over list for those things.  The sticker on the window calls it a “market adjustment.”
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Man,  I can see the sales potential.
" Buy one before there all gone... Come in for a test drive and  we'll give you a free carton of Newports.
Must have a credit score of at least 610 to qualify.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#21]
The Challenger is the best looking car on the road, and I wish I still had one.  Damn shame.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What cars will they steal now?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't wait for the American revolt when we have no reliable transportation in this country.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#25]
bruh
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis can get ass cancer for all I care now. Fuck the customers and the heritage.  I wouldn't piss on Dodge corporate to put them out if they were on fire. Fuck the democrats and the EPA. I'll keep my gas guzzlers on the road for as long as I can. I'll laugh when all these green new deal tools see their EV fad bite them in the ass. We are in the year 2022 how does this country have rolling black outs, how is that a thing where governments can tell you not to run your AC in the summer because of electricity, yet these fucking dimwitted assholes want everyone to have an electric car.

This amount of stupidity in congress should be an automatic ejection from holding a government position.

Absolutely everything good in the world the commie fucks want to take away from us and destroy.

Fuck them all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

They still make Altimas right?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#28]
So much for a new viper release
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really like the charger. If I could afford three cars, I’d have one.  Too bad, though.
View Quote

Same here and I'm not a car guy.  I want a Charger wide body just for weekend fun car.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Can someone please explain to me why coal powered cars are better than gasoline powered cars ?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:58:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

960.00 for a oil filter housing for a cherokee

View Quote

If you're referring to the 3.6 oil filter housing, the aftermarket appears to be getting ramped up to fix this massive fucking mistake of equipment and I thoroughly hope that Chrysler chokes on that shit. Aftermarket parts are low, but starting to show up more often, and I hope the engineer at Chrysler that designed this piece of shit has one of those items rammed up his ass daily until his rectum has the appearance of the guts of the Dana 30 that those shitfucks put in JKs for a decade
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Can someone please explain to me why coal powered cars are better than gasoline powered cars ?
View Quote

Crony capitalism
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#34]
who cares if they quit making the four door
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

The same way that buying meat in the grocery store is better than hunting?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm sure that will work out great for them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I am going to celebrate the days when these morons go out of business.

Go woke, go broke.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#38]
This reminds me of the time GM killed off the F body in 2002, with no viable substitute in mind.

It pissed off a whole slew of buyers, and opened the door for the Charger and Challenger.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis can get ass cancer for all I care now. Fuck the customers and the heritage.  I wouldn't piss on Dodge corporate to put them out if they were on fire. Fuck the democrats and the EPA. I'll keep my gas guzzlers on the road for as long as I can. I'll laugh when all these green new deal tools see their EV fad bite them in the ass. We are in the year 2022 how does this country have rolling black outs, how is that a thing where governments can tell you not to run your AC in the summer because of electricity, yet these fucking dimwitted assholes want everyone to have an electric car.

This amount of stupidity in congress should be an automatic ejection from holding a government position.

Absolutely everything good in the world the commie fucks want to take away from us and destroy.

Fuck them all.
View Quote

So sad as to what our country is becoming.
Keeping my 60's gas guzzler going forever.
Going to save it for burnouts to ridicule greenie EV'ers when all the electric cars can't charge when the grid goes poof!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Fuck Dodge was awesome.

Dodge Challenger Commercial

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#41]
This feels like it's on the verge of becoming truth

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I will keep my 392 scatpack forever as well.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Won't all of the electric cars come with a charger? It's probably going to really be a challenger since they probably cuda' done better.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#44]
What about their police model?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Get woke , Go Broke. Muh climate change!
FEVs. They will be bankrupt in no time.
V8 power is all they had going for them.
View Quote
That's all Chrysler has ever had going for them. 440 six-pack. 426 Hemi. Awesome engines, installed in the crappiest car bodies ever produced. No Chrysler products at my house.

Caprice PPV owner with a cammed 6.0L LS and a Chevy Volt PHEV. Got my bases covered.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#46]
I very much enjoy my 2022 Charger Scat Pack 392.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#47]
The Dodge customer base is not going to buy EV's.
The Tesla customer base is not going to buy a Dodge.

In a few years Dodge will be shut down just like Plymouth was after they ran it into the ground...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#48]
They had so much friggin potential...  

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#49]
New generation of gear heads?!?!

Gear heads?

Okay, I guess that’s what we’re going with now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In June of 2021, the EV mustang outsold the gasoline version. So far in 2022, Ford has sold every EV mustang that they have produced.  In April, they stopped taking new orders because they cannot meet market demand.

I have no idea of Dodge will make an EV version of their sports cars or if they will see the success that Ford is having, but they aren't doing it because they are dumb.  Arfcom is a very small slice of the world.

View Quote

It’s really not the same market though…
One is an egg shaped SUV, the others are traditional performance cars.  

Pretty sure most people shopping for challengers and real mustangs are NOT cross-shopping the Mach-E…
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top