Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those assholes are going to make me spend money on their products.

Their response really says it all.

ETA: what's a good Smith these days? M&P 2.0?
View Quote
I think so. Probably my favorite handgun is my M&P 2.0 45C;  I think I like it even better than my VP9; it just works for me in every way.
Also, for a 'budget' MSR, the Sport IIs and Volunteers are pretty solid.
I wouldn't mind getting one of their wheelguns, maybe a 66, 686 or 19.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Like.

How’s it shoot?

@Default-Gateway
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Great. Now do a Mountain Gun in 44mag with no Cun Hillary Hole.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's kind of a nice change from 30-odd years ago when the British-owned S&W bent over for the Klintons

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/guns-house-oversight/2022/08/15/id/1083205/

Smith & Wesson fired back at the House Oversight and Reform Committee subpoena filed by Democrats, which seeks details on its modern sporting rifles (MSR), issuing a stinging rebuke of crime in Democrat-run cities with strict gun control on law-abiding citizens and "soft-on-crime policies."

"A number of politicians and their lobbying partners in the media have recently sought to disparage Smith & Wesson," CEO Mark Smith wrote in a statement Monday. "Some have had the audacity to suggest that after they have vilified, undermined and defunded law enforcement for years, supported prosecutors who refuse to hold criminals accountable for their actions, overseen the decay of our country’s mental health infrastructure, and generally promoted a culture of lawlessness, Smith & Wesson and other firearm manufacturers are somehow responsible for the crime wave that has predictably resulted from these destructive policies.

"But they are the ones to blame for the surge in violence and lawlessness, and they seek to avoid any responsibility for the crisis of violence they have created by attempting to shift the blame to Smith & Wesson, other firearm manufacturers and law-abiding gun owners.

View Quote

Thank you for posting this, Sir.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Like.

How’s it shoot?

@Default-Gateway
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like.

How’s it shoot?

@Default-Gateway

Very well, I can shoot it as well as full size guns.  Trigger is awesome and breaks right at 90 degrees, which is great especially if you have larger hands.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]
That's how ya do it.

Current carry lineup:

The 2.0 with an Apex trigger is very, very good.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Very well, I can shoot it as well as full size guns.  Trigger is awesome and breaks right at 90 degrees, which is great especially if you have larger hands.
View Quote

Second this, the only reason for the full-size is ammo capacity, I shoot the sub-compact as well as the full size. (not that that's saying much )
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They need to bring charts and set them up for display, showing who is doing the crime, and where it is happening.
Rub their noses in their failures, and make them own it. All manufactures should do this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boss level response.

They need to bring charts and set them up for display, showing who is doing the crime, and where it is happening.
Rub their noses in their failures, and make them own it. All manufactures should do this.

That’s racist
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be impressed when S&W and all the other gun companies STOP SELLING FIREARMS to Federal, State and local entities that work to remove our rights under the Second Amendment.  

Example: With California allowing lawsuits against gun manufacturers, why would any of them still sell to that State?

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really do need one of their full size revolvers.
View Quote

I bought a model 57 a while back

I love it
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's kind of a nice change from 30-odd years ago when the British-owned S&W bent over for the Klintons

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/guns-house-oversight/2022/08/15/id/1083205/

Smith & Wesson fired back at the House Oversight and Reform Committee subpoena filed by Democrats, which seeks details on its modern sporting rifles (MSR), issuing a stinging rebuke of crime in Democrat-run cities with strict gun control on law-abiding citizens and "soft-on-crime policies."

"A number of politicians and their lobbying partners in the media have recently sought to disparage Smith & Wesson," CEO Mark Smith wrote in a statement Monday. "Some have had the audacity to suggest that after they have vilified, undermined and defunded law enforcement for years, supported prosecutors who refuse to hold criminals accountable for their actions, overseen the decay of our country’s mental health infrastructure, and generally promoted a culture of lawlessness, Smith & Wesson and other firearm manufacturers are somehow responsible for the crime wave that has predictably resulted from these destructive policies.

"But they are the ones to blame for the surge in violence and lawlessness, and they seek to avoid any responsibility for the crisis of violence they have created by attempting to shift the blame to Smith & Wesson, other firearm manufacturers and law-abiding gun owners.

View Quote

Nice to see from a company I own stock in.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Good to finally see a gun manufacturer have the balls to tell tell congress the truth about why things are the way they are.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#17]
That's awesome. Good for them. It's a great message. Somebody should start repeating their points.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#18]
More and more people are becoming fed up with the Liberal's and their MSM sock puppet's lies and bullshit and are beginning to push back. Hopefully, it's not too late.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Que the chorus of "RECLAIMING MY TIME!!!!" so they can't get a word in edgewise.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.
View Quote
The important thing here is to criticize our allies when they stand up to the gun grabbers when we don't think they are pure enough.  Good job!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This, you FPNI guys need to let the lock thing go, not the same crew now that it used to be. S&W revolvers are great, and the M&P line I like almost as much as my Glocks. Let it go and move on already.
View Quote

FPNI!!!  Not letting it go! Just buying the older models, waiting on the company to come to its senses.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay....um, Smith just got a little bit of respect back from me.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If only Ruger and Daniel Defense had that much if a spine
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.
View Quote

This! Bring back pinned barrels!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sig would double down with three generations of Improved lock and patented crooked dick-grip angle before dumping revolvers entirely and telling customers to pound sand. Fuck Sig USA with Weinstein's dick.
View Quote

That's pretty much how I feel about Sig.  Sig sucks
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Their modern guns still suck
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good for him.

The NRA should make a video of this ass kicking.
View Quote
Hell the NRA should get it's ass kicked right along with Congress. Might acutally do them some good.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Avid S&W fan.  Have 3 3rd gen 45 series, M&P M2.0 5" FDE and love it!  Makes me look like I know how to shoot.

Just ordered this one from Buds.  pick it up Thurs.

S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Optics Ready Flat Dark Earth 9mm Pistol

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Just picked it up today.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If only Ruger and Daniel Defense had that much if a spine
View Quote

They all need to act this way if they want to last much longer if things keep going the way they are.

Good on Smith. Glad I own some.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:53:40 PM EDT
[#33]
That CEO has some balls.  Nice to see in a modern corporate setting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:55:31 PM EDT
[#34]
S&W CEO is right.  Leftist soft-on-crime "just a block party" attitude and tolerance for criminal activity only encouraged more crime.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#35]
good for them, well said
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:50:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Okay....um, Smith just got a little bit of respect back from me.  
View Quote

For real.  I think I'm going to look for a new S&W.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.
View Quote

This.  S&W sold out to the Clintons, and they continue to make shitty revolvers with a hole drilled in the side.  I own about a dozen vintage S&W revolvers.  I own exactly zero with the Hillary hole.  If S&W really stood for freedom, they would start making good revolvers again without the lock, without the two piece barrel, and with the firing pin on the hammer where it belongs.

-30-
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:11:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.  S&W sold out to the Clintons, and they continue to make shitty revolvers with a hole drilled in the side.  I own about a dozen vintage S&W revolvers.  I own exactly zero with the Hillary hole.  If S&W really stood for freedom, they would start making good revolvers again without the lock, without the two piece barrel, and with the firing pin on the hammer where it belongs.

-30-
View Quote

They make no lock models now. Maybe alot of women like the locks and keep that manufacturing line going, as well as being cheaper vs. Non lock equivalent.

Best thing to counter that feature is selling your old lock style revolvers and buy non lock replacement, never buying a lock model in the future, and the excess old lock style models will supress prices and demand with excess supply.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Now eliminate the lock.
View Quote

Bro!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:29:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn. I was not expecting that from the CEO of a publicly traded company. It's about fucking time one of the big boys stepped up to the plate.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

and with 2 round extension:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:34:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sig would double down with three generations of Improved lock and patented crooked dick-grip angle before dumping revolvers entirely and telling customers to pound sand. Fuck Sig USA with Weinstein's dick.
View Quote

You like playing that short game, eh?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#45]
I’d love a 686
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's the only gun in this thread which doubles as a melee weapon.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:39:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread sliders, eh?

S&W just stood up for us but you two need to find a way to detract from them? Definitely blue trolls in here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Here's the only gun in this thread which doubles as a melee weapon.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/73538/E76AB924-AD0E-4E77-8AA6-53BBEFDEA6C9_jpe-2490966.JPG
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:41:57 AM EDT
[#49]
I should buy another S&W to show my support for them supporting us finally.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I took the S&W AR15 Armorers class a couple of years ago. Thanks!

It was free.
View Quote

At a former employer, we had Marcus Smith (not the CEO) teach the M&P handgun armorers course to us one day.

This was in 2015.

I asked him if S&W did an AR class and he said they'd never do one because it would give you the knowledge to work on other company's ARs

Good to know there's an option in case I want another cert.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top