Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't get in a gunfight with the owner over the dog.  Send the cops first if you see him with the dog.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She’s 23 and my baby living alone. Shots are like 200-300 each for a total of 3 shots. Wife and I will cover that. We prefer to kill and test the dog.
View Quote

Good hunting.

Hope your kid is ok.
Beyond the infection worries, that's gonna bruise like a mofo.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hopefully everything turns out OK for you. I don't trust those fuckers and we even had one as a family pet growing up that my mom's friend gave us, just something off about it.

My sister currently has one and whenever I stop by to visit it rushes to the door with the intention of mauling me, or if it's in his cage he'll try chewing through the metal wires with a bloodthirsty gaze. I'm not exaggerating, and the damn thing didn't have a rough life, they had it soon after birth. My sister will tell me to just "come on in, he won't bite", he'll stop but only because I don't show any fear and the asshole is just an instinctual beast. I'm sure if I made the wrong move or acted scared it would lunge at my neck.
View Quote
i've been bit a couple times, itworks better if you aggro 1st
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]
BOP thread
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be beyond pissed over something like this.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She's 23 and my baby living alone. Shots are like 200-300 each for a total of 3 shots. Wife and I will cover that. We prefer to kill and test the dog.
View Quote
It's a series of 4 and much more than $300 each (depending on insurance)
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a Gold Dot in a pit bull that came charging at me last year.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank God your daughter is not any younger or smaller thsn she is , or God forbid a multi pit attack.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought it is a lot better now than it used to be?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn.  Hope they find the dogs.  I hear the treatment is quite unpleasant.
I thought it is a lot better now than it used to be?

i had the shots....just two in each arm, legs and ass...

felt like a pin cushion, but othere than that, not bad
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sorry that happened to your daughter.    I hope the popo catch the dude and catch the dog for testing and for disposal.
View Quote

FIFY.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Long ago story in a far away thread, neighbors down the road had a fat, ugly bitch sister moved in with them with all her kids from different baby daddies and their unneutered male pit

Pit wasnt fenced or leashed,  allowed to roam at will, wandered onto my property,  chased my Livestock and my tractor several times. I called the sheriff,  a deputy came out and talked to neighbors.  Deputy left, neighbor came down and threatened me in my own front yard. Said bad things would happen to me and my place/livestock if I ever called the sheriff and reported them again "because we got family all up and down this road (fuck with me and yet fucking with the whole damb trailer park)

Pit came onto our property one night about dusk and chased my wife near our front yard fire pit. I said fuck that shit and drew down on the dog. Yes. I had come armed for a fight. I put the green laser on the pit and it immediately was distracted and chased the laser like a friggin cat. Pit forgot about my wife, everyone went home safely

Pit got killed by a passing delivery truck a few days later, driver stopped,  dog dead and mangled.  Driver said pit just ran off the porch, across the bar ditch and dashed right in front of the truck...chasing a green flash of some sort just before the crunch under the axles

Still never figured out what happened to "Odie" ("Odin") but dog is fuckin-A dead
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had a neighbor who always walked his pittbull off leash.

3 times it charged my dog while growling, snarling and biting at her. I had to kind of jerk my dog around to keep her out of the kill zone and pick her up. The first time I was cool about. The second time I was annoyed. The 3rd time when the dog charged from 100yrds away I drew a line in the sand and unholstered my Glock 23 and kind of aimed it at the ground between myself and the Pitt. It stopped maybe 15 yards away showing teeth and growling.  The second it flinched to move forward I was going to unload a the mag. The owner who was more concerned about the situation this time came running up begging me not to shoot and snatched his dog back.

I am a laid back person. But I saw red and absolutely went off on the guy. He was in the military and always wearing his BDUs. So I was threatening to call his command and all sorts of crap. Walking a dog off leash is a liability. But if it’s a known aggressive breed like a Pitt, cane corso or something like that and you walk it off leash after it’s shown not to be trained well then your are a f***ing idiot and probably should be working at McDonalds.

I never saw the guy or dog again after that.

View Quote

When I lived in Murfreesboro, TN,  the people up the street had a pit that charged me and the wife when we came back from a late dinner and movie.
Wife had to jump back in the car as it closed the distance quick. I was close enough to let it have one shot in the dome with my 1911.
As it was after midnight and a gun shot that late at night would get the sheriff's department called. I sat on the front porch and waited. It wasn't but 3 or 4 minutes before a deputy pulled up. I told him what happened and pointed out the dog. He asked if I knew where it lived. I told him it was a house about 5 or 6 houses down from us.
He went and woke the owner. He came down pissing and moaning about his dog. Cop told him he should have kept his dog in his fenced backyard.  
Cop wrote it up. Told the guy to collect up his dogs corpse and go home. Guy came down a few days later and said he would get me back.
He moved about 2 months later.

Growing up on a dairy farm, we had a guy down the road from us that raised pits. He let them roam. After they got in our pasture and chased calves and milk cows, dad said shoot every one of them I saw.
Took me about 3 or 4 months and I had killed 3 of the neighbors male pits.
He finally fenced in his large barn lot and kept his others fenced in.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers sent OP.   Hope yall can get the dog but at this point, try not to get yourself arrested.   Live to fight another day and all that...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:04:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't get in a gunfight with the owner over the dog.  Send the cops first if you see him with the dog.
View Quote

This. It will probably escalate. But I would be on the police constantly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I’m a dog lover, but if they come on my property without a collar they’re dead.
Second time, dead regardless. I may or may not have shot several.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I hope they kill the dog, and I hope the owner resists/gets violent enough to earn a lethal force response.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I received that same bite on both of my legs from my next door pit (loose and in my yard).  

In a day or so that will be a giant bruise!  The punctures hurt at the moment but the muscle was also crushed and that hurts a lot more, and for a long time.  Please give her the benefit of the doubt as she heals, it will take some time.  Also don’t discount PTSD from that experience.  I still get really mad when I hear that POS barking next door.

In my case I called LEO, but the dog was up to date on shots with no priors so it lives to mock me through the fence.

I hope she recovers well.  If it was my daughter that got bit and not me…oh my!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Damn.  Hope they find the dogs.  I hear the treatment is quite unpleasant.
View Quote

Last time I was bit they gave me rabies shots directly into the wounds, It's definitely unpleasant.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Remember when getting bit by a dog was no big deal?

Now we need sympathy threads.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's nice of you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I got bitten yesterday too. It was a German shephard. Owners couldn’t give me an answer on when it’s last rabies vaccine was.

OP, what do you mean by “7 days or treatment begins?” Are you referring to rabies? I ask because all the info I’ve seen says that post exposure treatment needs to start within 24 hours of the bite?

Sorry this happened man. Hopefully she heals quickly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a big deal when a Pittie chomps down on you. Or your kid.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Long ago story in a far away thread, neighbors down the road had a fat, ugly bitch sister moved in with them with all her kids from different baby daddies and their unneutered male pit

Pit wasnt fenced or leashed,  allowed to roam at will, wandered onto my property,  chased my Livestock and my tractor several times. I called the sheriff,  a deputy came out and talked to neighbors.  Deputy left, neighbor came down and threatened me in my own front yard. Said bad things would happen to me and my place/livestock if I ever called the sheriff and reported them again "because we got family all up and down this road (fuck with me and yet fucking with the whole damb trailer park)

Pit came onto our property one night about dusk and chased my wife near our front yard fire pit. I said fuck that shit and drew down on the dog. Yes. I had come armed for a fight. I put the green laser on the pit and it immediately was distracted and chased the laser like a friggin cat. Pit forgot about my wife, everyone went home safely

Pit got killed by a passing delivery truck a few days later, driver stopped,  dog dead and mangled.  Driver said pit just ran off the porch, across the bar ditch and dashed right in front of the truck...chasing a green flash of some sort just before the crunch under the axles

Still never figured out what happened to "Odie" ("Odin") but dog is fuckin-A dead
View Quote

Huh. One of the mysteries of life, I suppose.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I got bitten yesterday too. It was a German shephard. Owners couldn't give me an answer on when it's last rabies vaccine was.

OP, what do you mean by "7 days or treatment begins?" Are you referring to rabies? I ask because all the info I've seen says that post exposure treatment needs to start within 24 hours of the bite?

Sorry this happened man. Hopefully she heals quickly.
View Quote
You better hunt that dog down and kill it. For the community.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you volunteering to be a chew toy?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a scar on my arm from a pit bull, pal.
I didn't cry about it. I didn't make a thread. I didn't hunt the dog down. I didn't whine. I didn't call the police.
Jesus fucking christ the amount of attention seekers here is extraordinary.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#28]
we got the rabies series when our golden saved us from a rapid raccoon. my wife got 2 and I got three the first visit and one a week for 3 weeks. the local or state health dept will provide the vaccine if you don't have health insurance or on of the doctors in a box at a pharmacy will provide it for low cost.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Don't shoot it in the head.
They need the brain for rabies testing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a scar on my arm from a pit bull, pal.
I didn't cry about it. I didn't make a thread. I didn't hunt the dog down. I didn't whine. I didn't call the police.
Jesus fucking christ the amount of attention seekers here is extraordinary.
View Quote

And yet here you are, seeking an entirely different kind of attention….
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Owners probably took their dog to another location...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's a series of 4 and much more than $300 each (depending on insurance)
View Quote

I had them done last year.

Total cost was almost $12 K
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Same old shit, asshole owner, dog out of control!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:10:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That had to be satisfying. I hope the owner wept.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:10:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
we got the rabies series when our golden saved us from a rapid raccoon. my wife got 2 and I got three the first visit and one a week for 3 weeks. the local or state health dept will provide the vaccine if you don't have health insurance or on of the doctors in a box at a pharmacy will provide it for low cost.
View Quote

I guess it varies from state to state . In CT it has to done at a hospital and the first visit has to be at the ER

EDIT

I called my Primary care doctor the day it happened and was instructed by him the only place that can administer rabies vaccines is a hospital in CT.
I was told to get there right away from him and he was calling the ER .
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Good luck to your daughter OP.  As others have said, keep a cool head when dealing with the shit head owner and let the cops handle the dog, if possible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#38]
If we’re me I’d be putting a hole in that thing where the head might be the only thing left, but I don’t view dogs as “furbabies”
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Prayers for your Daughter, dog bites hurt and those look like it will leave a mark.

OP      Get a Lawyer soonest.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Hope your daughter heals up quickly and you can get that dog put down and sue the shit out of the owner.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Get a cosmetic surgeon to do what he can to control scarring.   It might suck for her if she shaves her legs as an adult.  A good surgeon can do wonders with a puncture and tear wound like that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like it is 12 gauge time!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Having had an infection from a dog bite, please make sure the docs get her on appropriate antibiotics ASAP.  

They tried me on an oral which didn't take care of business.  I think it took four (daily) rocephin jabs.  Would've been much better off if they had started me on the rocephin from the get-go.

My infection went up my entire arm from the wound site (wrist), fever/sweats for a week.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:51:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Having had an infection from a dog bite, please make sure the docs get her on appropriate antibiotics ASAP.  

They tried me on an oral which didn't take care of business.  I think it took four (daily) rocephin jabs.  Would've been much better off if they had started me on the rocephin from the get-go.
View Quote

Me too. Having surgery and removing dried out wound packing a few days later is hell on earth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Niiiiice!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My infection went up my entire arm from the wound site (wrist), fever/sweats for a week.
View Quote

This,  and don't let them stitch it up.   Had a buddy almost loose his hand over a dog bite that got infected.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually no.

Getting bit by a dog and having to worry about rabies has been a big deal since “pretty much forever.”
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Yep, lawyer up.

I had a niece who was bit by a dog in her face when she was about 5-7yr old.  The ER doc passed her off to a plastic surgeon who did a pretty good job fixing her up.  She just finished high school.  You can still see the scar but it doesn't jump out at you.

There was something about the settlement that came from my niece's attach like the insurance would have to pay the fuck up now, and would be responsible for any future medical costs related to this attack.  When kids are young like that, you just don't know how they will heal up.  As they grow up, there may be some lingering effects.  You don't want to completely settle it now and then down the line, it turns out she has pain or trouble walking and needs surgery or therapy or something.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top