Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
@40 there should be divorced milf pussy raining down from the heavens on you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the same boat but a little older and wiser than you.

Ask yourself a tough question. Do you really want a girlfriend? I asked myself that question and I realized that I don't really want one. I sort of like dating and going out with women, but I've never seen much value in maintaining a romantic relationship. I also look at my other relationships and realize I don't keep in touch with coworkers when I leave a job and I'm not too close to my family. Maybe I don't value relationships like 'normal' people do.  So it's not that I repel women, it's that I drag my feet when i try to get a girlfriend and in essence I'm rejecting them.

As for advice on getting a girl, here's a good cracked article on how the world needs you. Good all around advice. Maybe you'll hate it, maybe you'll get something out of it. https://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm in the thing of if she will cheat on him, she will cheat on me, thought process. So there is no chance of actually "dating".

Wasn't really looking for dating material at the time anyway but banging some dudes GF does not appeal to me.
View Quote

True and I’ve had couples ask me to have sex with her while he watches, so that’s another twist for that situation.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey OP, try not to give a shit. Confidence is in itself an art form of not giving a shit.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#8]
1: Be good looking

2:Don't be ugly
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
If nobody said it already, watch 40 year old virgin.   Pen and paper, ready to take notes.   It’s a mediocre movie, with some humorous scenes, but, there will be profound wisdom for you.  

To add to it:  Don’t be ugly, don’t be poor, don’t be awkward or bashful.

If you're inherently lazy and introverted, just channel the most charismatic person you know, and fake it till ya make it.  100% serious.  
You obviously can’t just “be yourself” at this point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]
TLDR;

It takes effort and time. It doesn't just happen. It's a goal you have to set and achieve.

Work is required to foster it once you've found her as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This 100%.

Also I'd just like to add:

3. Don't have a micropenis

4. Don't be poor.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You guys seem to go after the shallowest women...

I made about 20% less than my wife when we met 10 years ago. I make the same now. I have friends who make 100% less than their wives and are happily married. Money and looks don't make a relationship work and don't necessarily get your foot in the door either.
View Quote

I'll stand by my comment. Women want men who can support them financially and materially  in the lifestyle they envision themselves having
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If we’re going there - tall {6’2 or more} good looking > not tall & good looking unless famous or rich and then tall good looking famous and rich  > not tall famous rich and good looking
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This...and you never know when it'll happen......my step mother set me up with a blind date once....married for 33 years now.
View Quote

lol......you momentarily threw me off.  I was going to credit you for being especially so big-hearted with regarding folks that have a physical handicap as being on equals with everybody else. Then I realized you meant  "on a blind date", instead of "with a blind date".
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Confidence and not being needy or clingy.

When I was much younger I tried too hard and repelled women.   Later on I learned life's lessons, became indifferent and appeared uninterested, and I had dates lined up left and right without even trying.  They came to me instead of me pursuing them.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Too many variables.  

$$$
Availability (of single females.  My AO was bad about this)
Confidence
Skillset
Personalities
Baggage (phys and mental)

The lists go on and on, and the older you get, the more you have to be willing to compromise on.

The one thing I heard a long time ago that seems to ring true is find someone with very similar morals and beliefs.  

Other sage like advice - dont marry for looks.  Marry brains.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You couldn't be more wrong.  Maybe they don't want sex WITH YOU but dating apps are awash with single moms riding the cock carousel.
View Quote

I'm sure that applies as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Abed's Effective Flirting.wmv
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll stand by my comment. Women want men who can support them financially and materially  in the lifestyle they envision themselves having
View Quote

FF 7 minutes
Men vs Women - Chris Rock || Kill The Messenger 2008
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm in the thing of if she will cheat on him, she will cheat on me, thought process. So there is no chance of actually "dating".

Wasn't really looking for dating material at the time anyway but banging some dudes GF does not appeal to me.
View Quote

Oh she absolutely would.

I'd like to think they don't usually fuck the guy first. But when they break up with you, they've got another guy they've been talking to.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There was a reddit thread a while back asking how guys went from being invisible to girls to being in a relationship.

You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many said, "I started taking showers more often" or just better hygiene in general.  

Other common themes were:

Stopped dressing like a slob, stopped coming off as desperate for attention/approval, started working out/lost weight, started talking to girls like they're just people and not a different species.
View Quote

It’s that bad out there? Holy shit
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat but a little older and wiser than you.

Ask yourself a tough question. Do you really want a girlfriend? I asked myself that question and I realized that I don't really want one. I sort of like dating and going out with women, but I've never seen much value in maintaining a romantic relationship. I also look at my other relationships and realize I don't keep in touch with coworkers when I leave a job and I'm not too close to my family. Maybe I don't value relationships like 'normal' people do.  So it's not that I repel women, it's that I drag my feet when i try to get a girlfriend and in essence I'm rejecting them.

As for advice on getting a girl, here's a good cracked article on how the world needs you. Good all around advice. Maybe you'll hate it, maybe you'll get something out of it. https://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person
View Quote

Good point. Answer is mostly no for me. There's a lot of headache that comes with that.

They're fun to hang out with sometimes. Spend every waking second with? Gunna be a no for me.

As for OP, I think environment has a lot to do with it too. Work as a teacher/nurse/fashion industry and tell me you can't get a girl. I work in the construction industry.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I dated some in high school (15-16)  and was in serious relationship with my current high school sweet heart for more than half my life now.  To be honest, She picked me up for a first date. I am sure I could date again if I had to. With you being in your 40s and never dating, I got nothing. And I am very anti social. My wife being a socialite cancels me out.
View Quote

That would depend on whether you being anti-social is something that your wife is OK living with.
Someone with a spouse who expects you to keep them entertained with new life experiences and stimulating times will come up short if they aren't up to meeting that standard
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If we’re going there - tall {6’2 or more} good looking > not tall & good looking unless famous or rich and then tall good looking famous and rich  > not tall famous rich and good looking
View Quote

Look at how dating is now .

Women have hundreds if not thousands of dudes in their inboxes on all the various apps, not to mention the dudes hitting on them at the bar .

No amount of "confidence" and "humor" is going to make up for being a 4-5 guy in her list when said list includes multiple 7-8-9s .

I'm a hilarious confident in who I am motherfucker, and that means jack and shit .

But then again , idgaf  and haven't in a few years.

Wait a second......gd says if you don't gaf,  pussy will fall from they sky.....hmmmm

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Women have hundreds if not thousands of dudes in their inboxes on all the various apps, not to mention the dudes hitting on them at the bar .

No amount of "confidence" and "humor" is going to make up for being a 4-5 guy in her list when said list includes multiple 7-8-9s .

I'm a hilarious confident in who I am motherfucker, and that means jack and shit .

Wait a second......gd says if you don't gaf,  pussy will fall from they sky.....hmmmm

View Quote

It's probably because you're a tanker
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm 42 and have no idea how to get a girlfriend either. I haven't had a girlfriend since 2003. That's because I married her and we're about to celebrate our 19th anniversary. I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends, I have a enough attractive women who only one one night stands or casual dating from me now but I’m like a pariah whenever long term pops up and supposedly all women ultimately want a relationship. Clearly I pop red flags often enough that it’s been an ongoing issue. I’m bored with 1 night stands, so I’ve been assessing what the red flags are and what I need to do to remedy that because my opportunities aren’t nearly as peak as they were in my early 40s and younger and I don’t myself see turning Brad’s Pitt age 60 and still pulling the same chicks wearing a linen skirt, so I’ll find the push the door instead of pull the door solution before becoming a senior citizen Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#29]
most dudes marry someone at work bc their social circles suck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Listen to me and don't be a schmoe.  You can't find a girlfriend because you're a nice guy.  Women are foolish and they don't value nice guys.  So stop being a nice guy.  Here's exactly what you need to do to not be a nice guy.

1.  Learn to become selfish. Stop trying to please other people and put yourself first.
2.  To become truly selfish, learn to indulge in various vices.  Gluttony is a good one.  Take yourself out for dinner and gorge yourself.   Also go out and buy yourself the nicest clothes.  Then admire yourself in the mirror.  Vanity is a wonderful vice and it is something that you should develop.
3.  Stop caring.  You should never care one iota about what a woman thinks.  It does not matter whether a woman likes you or not.  It does not matter when a woman calls you back or not.  You should only care about yourself and your dreams in life.
4.  When dealing with women, speak your mind.  The more unfiltered you are the better.
5.  Never compliment a woman.  If you compliment a woman, you are putting her on a pedestal and you are telling her that she is better than you.
6.  Never buy a woman anything.  Never, ever, ever.  Too many guys buy women gifts and take them out for expensive dinners. These foolish guys wind up abused and in the friend zone.  If a woman wants you to take her out for dinner, tell her this:  "Let's have sex".  If she does not want to have sex with you, tell her to get lost.
7.  Don't ever call a woman just to talk to her on the phone.  Only call her if you have a reason to speak to her.  
8.  Never text a woman unless you have a specific reason to do so.
9.  Don't get yourself hung up over one woman.  Sooner or later every woman will leave you and that's just the way it is.
10  Never chase women. Live your life and chase your dreams and sooner or later a woman will show up. If you chase women, they will flee.
11. Never share your feelings with a woman.  Keep your feelings to yourself and to your brothers.  If you share your feelings with a woman, she will never respect you.
12. Never tolerate disrespect from a woman. If a woman misbehaves, check her behaviour.  And she persists, leave her.  Always be prepared to leave a woman.
13. If a woman does not want to have sex with you, leave her.
14. Never allow a woman to change you.  If a woman does not follow your lead and agree to what you want, then get rid of her.
15. Don't live with a woman.
16. Don't ever get married.
17. Never argue with a woman. If you argue with a woman, you will appear to be weak, effeminate and emotional. If a woman wants to argue with you, just shrug your shoulders and walk away.
18. Always let a woman know what you want.  Learn to use the phrase, "I would like".  As an example you might say, "I would like you to cook my dinner"

These are just a few tips off the top of my head.  But if you follow my advice, you will have women around.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#32]
37 years.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#33]
The Cat has arrived
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw her.
Had to have her.
Didn't let anything get in the way.  

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks + personality + luck.

Looks is black&white.  

You can have a great personality but be on the quiet/shy side and never meet anyone.  You can be a complete ass but hook up constantly by being outgoing, funny, confident, etc.

By luck I mean timing and how often you come in contact with others.  Might be hard to meet someone if you work at home or in a shop/factory with a bunch of guys and don't go out much.
View Quote

This.

People can say all they want about other small qualities that have benefited them, but they are just describing subsets of these groups above.

The only outlier to these is being sugar daddy material.

“The right place at the wrong time”

Ever meet a girl/woman that you naturally hit it off with? You think to yourself how easy it is to get along, how funny she is, and the way she looks at you. Then, a moment later find out she is in a relationship, with a guy she met yesterday of all days.

Looks - this is a loaded description.

Personality- again, a loaded description.

Timing - you cannot do anything about this other than increase you chances by trying and trying.

Money - can alleviate any or all of these problems, especially if you are willing to meet people further away than your zip code.

This has been pondered by every man to grace the earth OP.

You should have asked this 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Fluffy forgot about the snow shoveling rule. No matter how good they are in the sack or can cook, if they do not shovel snow with a smile on their face every time there is anything from a dusting to a blizzard…..to the curb they go.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#37]
My dating game changed a lot when I bought my first airplane.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Get turned down by 7 girls, hit on 8.

Honestly, it's more about giving the appearance that you know she's going to say yes to joining you in a conversation or on a date, you guys just have to work out the details.   Giving the appearance that you are really hoping she will be interested at all is not a good look.  Look the best you can, walk and talk as directly as you can.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:16:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Listen to me and don't be a schmoe.  You can't find a girlfriend because you're a nice guy.  Women are foolish and they don't value nice guys.  So stop being a nice guy.  Here's exactly what you need to do to not be a nice guy.

1.  Learn to become selfish. Stop trying to please other people and put yourself first.
2.  To become truly selfish, learn to indulge in various vices.  Gluttony is a good one.  Take yourself out for dinner and gorge yourself.   Also go out and buy yourself the nicest clothes.  Then admire yourself in the mirror.  Vanity is a wonderful vice and it is something that you should develop.
3.  Stop caring.  You should never care one iota about what a woman thinks.  It does not matter whether a woman likes you or not.  It does not matter when a woman calls you back or not.  You should only care about yourself and your dreams in life.
4.  When dealing with women, speak your mind.  The more unfiltered you are the better.
5.  Never compliment a woman.  If you compliment a woman, you are putting her on a pedestal and you are telling her that she is better than you.
6.  Never buy a woman anything.  Never, ever, ever.  Too many guys buy women gifts and take them out for expensive dinners. These foolish guys wind up abused and in the friend zone.  If a woman wants you to take her out for dinner, tell her this:  "Let's have sex".  If she does not want to have sex with you, tell her to get lost.
7.  Don't ever call a woman just to talk to her on the phone.  Only call her if you have a reason to speak to her.  
9.  Don't get yourself hung up over one woman.  Sooner or later every woman will leave you and that's just the way it is.
10  Never chase women. Live your life and chase your dreams and sooner or later a woman will show up. If you chase women, they will flee.
11. Never share your feelings with a woman.  Keep your feelings to yourself and to your brothers.  If you share your feelings with a woman, she will never respect you.
12. Never tolerate disrespect from a woman. If a woman misbehaves, check her behaviour.  And she persists, leave her.  Always be prepared to leave a woman.
14. Never allow a woman to change you.  If a woman does not follow your lead and agree to what you want, then get rid of her.
17. Never argue with a woman. If you argue with a woman, you will appear to be weak, effeminate and emotional. If a woman wants to argue with you, just shrug your shoulders and walk away.
18. Always let a woman know what you want.  Learn to use the phrase, "I would like".  As an example you might say, "I would like you to cook my dinner"

These are just a few tips off the top of my head.  But if you follow my advice, you will have women around.
View Quote

Damn dude did Sean Connery write that?

Lol

Replace the roles in what you wrote and you have how 95% of women on dating sites think.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So I am fast approaching 40 and while not the end of the world, I never had a serious relationship. Kind of never thought it would happen this way but it is what it is. However, I am not really trying to find tips on how to get a girlfriend but rather trying to understand why some people do and others don't.

It appears a lot of guys tend to keep "how they met" a big secret. Oftentimes try to give well meaning advice to folks who are asking for advice but it doesn't seem like something they did. It also appears that both the men and women make good choices with each other and oftentimes their marriage seems to be really good.

I do think most men and women tend to be in good viable conditions. They have jobs, look fairly good, and don't seem to be all that bad of a choice. A lot of people say looks aren't important and it's about confidence and whatnot, and while that may be true, a lot of guys seems to be "out there" and yet still cannot successfully close the gap between conversation and getting to the point of being in a relationship.

So what is the "big secret" that some guys do and others don't? I know this is ar15.com and a lot of you guys are prior or current military and a lot of you guys are probably not the shy type.

View Quote

Just "bee" yourself.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like Alpha fucks advice, I hope you earn enough to keep them away from the rich betas!
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Lol

Replace the roles in what you wrote and you have how 95% of women on dating sites think.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

That is gold
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@40 there should be divorced milf pussy raining down from the heavens on you.
View Quote

You mean the 80% of women who left their guy and want to snare a new one so they're handing out party favors
Why would any guy even consider settling down with such a person and end up being nothing beyond the latest branch she's swinging from to get to the next Chad?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Don’t stink
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OP, you have been here long enough to know most of the posters here are trying to get rid of their wives, not attract one

Stay single, slay poon, keep your money and buy more toys.
View Quote

If I could do it all over again, I’d do those last things you said.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#46]
This thread is hilarious and a great example of how the left points to incels on this very forum on DU.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Confidence.
View Quote

Well yes but not only.

• You need to be squared away. This doesn't mean you need to be a millionaire, but you need to have your house in order. You need to be independent (and appear so), mentally and financially.

Hygiene. Hopefully that's not lacking. Fix your teeth if they are busted. Wash yourself. Remove some of that unwanted hair.

Looks. Physical health is apparent. You could be "fat" but if you look like the "Mountain" you will score anyways. Also, dress nice, it doesn't take much. Pants, shirt, shoes, belt and watch. A bit of fragrance. Fresh haircut.

• Item 2

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This thread is hilarious and a great example of how the left points to incels on this very forum on DU.
View Quote

Do you think the preponderance of incels is a new thing, or do you think it’s always been a thing, but only now can they bring their issue to everyone’s attention via the internet?  Pre-internet, incels just led quiet lives with little to no social interaction outside of work and very few people if any even thought twice about them.  

It’s something I’ve always wondered
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top