User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mitary-industrial complex has been lying about the strength and ability of the Russian military for the last 50 years to sell more stuff.
View Quote

A country the size of Texas isnt holding them off. A country the size and shape and GDP of the US is holding them off. We are holding them off. The US and some of Europe is holding them off.
You and I are fundng the war. If not for suckers like you and me, Ukraine would have been pulverized months ago.

Ukraine gets no  credit IMHO. They did jack shit to prepare and fully relied on and still rely on handouts

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Imagine sitting in a bar and telling that to a Ukrainian soldier who fought the Russians.

Wouldn’t you cringe with shame and embarrassment for all eternity?

You should.  I bet you won’t though.  But you should.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mitary-industrial complex has been lying about the strength and ability of the Russian military for the last 50 years to sell more stuff.

A country the size of Texas isnt holding them off. A country the size and shape and GDP of the US is holding them off. We are holding them off. The US and some of Europe is holding them off.
You and I are fundng the war. If not for suckers like you and me, Ukraine would have been pulverized months ago.

Ukraine gets no  credit IMHO. They did jack shit to prepare and fully relied on and still rely on handouts

Imagine sitting in a bar and telling that to a Ukrainian soldier who fought the Russians.

Haven't you heard?  War is all just high tech gear and no guts now.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

They spent a greater share of their GDP in defense than we do, and have 100,000 dead and wounded countrymen so far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Stop with the Afghan comparisons. We dominated tactically and had no terminating strategy. Russia is clownshoes tactically but has a defined strategic goal. They can't reach their strategic goal because of how bad they are tactically.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stop with the Afghan comparisons. We dominated tactically and had no terminating strategy. Russia is clownshoes tactically but has a defined strategic goal. They can't reach their strategic goal because of how bad they are tactically.
View Quote

The bigger difference is that Ukraine is a sufficiently legitimate and functioning national government to be a suitable client.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wouldn't you cringe with shame and embarrassment for all eternity?

You should.  I bet you won't though.  But you should.
View Quote
Let's not all drop and fellate Ukrainian grunts quite yet.  

The history takes time to write.  We'll see said the Zen master.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How did Afghanistan hold us off for 20 years?

View Quote

Because we restrained ourselves?

If we'd gone full English colonizer or better yet, Belgian, or even better, full on Draka, we could have depopulated most of the country and had lots of extra land for ourselves in a part of the world that hates us.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 11:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Insulting them is one end of the spectrum.

Fellating them is the other end.

If you use less lube, you won't be so open to the slippery slope
View Quote
Ok. I'm confused.    

They deserve a bunch of credit, no question.   The fight isn't over yet is my only point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The globalists lose in this weather Ukraine wins or loses. There is nothing here that will further their agenda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia military not as good as expected.  Western intelligence and weapons assistance better than expected.  Result:  prolonged war, more death, more profit (financially and politically) for the globalist warmongers. Cost:  lots of unnecessary death, misery, and added potential for energy and food shortages to further the globalist agenda.  Evil at play all around.

The globalists lose in this weather Ukraine wins or loses. There is nothing here that will further their agenda.

Wish it were true but it’s extremely complex and no one know quite how this will turn out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What is Russia’s “defined strategic goal”?

View Quote

They want the whole thing. They may end up getting the Donbas region eventually but the failed attempts to take Kiev point to a more ambitious initial goal. They were satisfied with Ukraine as a puppet state but after losing their hold on the government they want the whole thing. If nothing else they are still wrapped up in paranoia and want more land between them and NATO.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except the USA isn’t contributing forces. The USA isn’t flying combat missions or deploying naval assets.

The USA is contributing a small portion of aid.

Weapons and aid have to have good fighting forces to be used effectively.

They are doing very very well for fighting a nation 10x their size with a much smaller force

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:01:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Tell me, who was in control of the country after the war ended?

That's who the real winner was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We weren't beaten in the field there either.
Tell me, who was in control of the country after the war ended?

That's who the real winner was.

The problem in Afghanistan was that the objective was something not attainable by military force.  You cannot bomb Pashtuns into wanting to live like Westerners.

That’s not the problem facing Russia at all.  They are in a conventional war against a culturally similar enemy who they aren’t trying to turn into friends.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:04:55 AM EDT
[#18]
From what I hear from family that lives in the region...Ukraine is not doing well against the Russians.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:11:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Except the USA isn’t contributing forces. The USA isn’t flying combat missions or deploying naval assets.

They are doing very very well for fighting a nation 10x their size with a much smaller force

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the US is providing a massive amount of aid. Ukraine is on puppet strings at this point.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:13:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

even the ukie minister of defense has openly debunked that....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than half of all the Russians who have stepped foot in Ukraine since February have become casualties.

That’s impressive restraint.

even the ukie minister of defense has openly debunked that....

Uh, no, he hasn't. There are various estimates that Ukraine, the US, and the UK MoD have put out that would support half the original number of Russian troops committed to Ukraine have either been killed or wounded. So, the number is as correct as anybody can estimate.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seizing all of Ukraine and stealing all their natural resources?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:18:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
From what I hear from family that lives in the region...Ukraine is not doing well against the Russians.
View Quote

From what we hear from Arfcommers who are actually in country, Ukraine is doing very, very well against the Russians. They are playing things very smartly. That's a good thing because they don't have a lot of room to make mistakes.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actually the US is providing a massive amount of aid. Ukraine is on puppet strings at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US has pledged to provide a certain amount of aid. What we've actually delivered isn't all that massive. And, remember, some of the "Ukraine aid" package was actually to pay for US troops to be permanently stationed in NATO countries to provide a deterrent to asshole Russia from invading NATO countries. European countries like UK, Poland, and so forth have provided equivalent amounts of aid as we have because they are delivering what they pledged and we're dragging our deliveries out. As to how much we provide vs. other countries in the long run, that remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:27:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure I could have clarified it better. I meant from a political standpoint. The Ukranians pulling triggers are to be commended. I support their defense as individuals. I would be glad to meet one.

Still not a fan of the people running it. To me it will always be a 2nd rate shithole just as corrupt and fucked as Russia is.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seems like they kind of just wing it depending on the time of day or how bad thier troops did
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I meant from a political standpoint. The Ukranians pulling triggers are to be commended. I support their defense as individuals.

I just dont worship Ukraine like some of you do. I hope they win. But they as governmet seem to be as shitty as expected. Their troops? So far so good. The Russians were predictaly terrible. But to think Ukraines success belongs to Ukraine is insane. If not for everyone helping them, they would have been demoloshed.
View Quote

I think Ukraine could have largely done what they did until late spring when the artillery ran out. Then it would have collapsed for lack of munitions.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think Ukraine could have largely done what they did until late spring when the artillery ran out. Then it would have collapsed for lack of munitions.
View Quote

If it were still near peer then yes. They would have been smoked by now. Advanced western weaponry saved their asses
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The US has pledged to provide a certain amount of aid. What we've actually delivered isn't all that massive. And, remember, some of the "Ukraine aid" package was actually to pay for US troops to be permanently stationed in NATO countries to provide a deterrent to asshole Russia from invading NATO countries. European countries like UK, Poland, and so forth have provided equivalent amounts of aid as we have because they are delivering what they pledged and we're dragging our deliveries out. As to how much we provide vs. other countries in the long run, that remains to be seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have been training and equipping them since 2014. Billions of dollars and massive amounts of weapons plus our intel apparatus. Do you think Ukraine has the power to seize assets or put global sanctions on them?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We have been training and equipping them since 2014. Billions of dollars and massive amounts of weapons plus our intel apparatus. Do you think Ukraine has the power to seize assets or put global sanctions on them?
View Quote

The US blocked arms transfers and sales to Ukraine for years until trump was elected, and again after Biden took the presidency.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:12:10 AM EDT
[#30]

This. We have a population of 300 million but the real numbers of those involved in Afghanistan are trivial in the big picture. Especially when factor in lack of a clear endgame.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The USA isn’t in the top 3. Thats Poland and the Baltics and England.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sure I could have clarified it better. I meant from a political standpoint. The Ukranians pulling triggers are to be commended. I support their defense as individuals. I would be glad to meet one.

Still not a fan of the people running it. To me it will always be a 2nd rate shithole just as corrupt and fucked as Russia is.

View Quote

The guy at the top literally told Biden to pound sand. That’s every arfcommers dream.

Then the same day he told Putin “deez nuts” and “send it ya pussy”.

Dude has some balls and street cred.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet you wouldn’t have the balls to say that to a Ukrainian soldier face to face.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 5:18:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The russian military sucks and has always sucked
View Quote

This, and we have given them literally billions of dollars of cash and weapons.

It's not rocket surgery
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did we roll artillery and knock down each city grid by grid square?
View Quote

Mud huts can take a pounding and still be standing after…
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This, and we have given them literally billions of dollars of cash and weapons.

It's not rocket surgery
View Quote

How did that work out with the Afghan army?
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Russian restraint.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We weren't beaten in the field there either.
View Quote

Most wars are won politically, not on the field. If you drag a superior force into an extended guerrilla war, eventually political, public and economic pressure can    sway the enemy leadership to withdraw. Hell, look at the American Revolution. Lee knew this as well and had generals who had every intention of scattering into the woods to fight guerrilla style which is why he ended it at Appomattox.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They certainly did not we went where we pleased.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They certainly did not we went where we pleased.

lol yup sure right back to merica while leaving everything behind......including....wait for it.......some Americans.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:10:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

The AF Foreign Technology Division would get a picture of a Russian asset and put out an intelligence assessment of

“ if we built something that looked like that, this is what it could do”

Then when they actually exploited one, it would have 10% of the projected capability.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If they try to keep this up for 6 months, they will collapse.  Period.

How do I measure this?  By looking at what they have, and the pace by which it is being destroyed.

It’s a bargain!
View Quote

And it should be said…

That’s not factoring in winter. RU can’t even supply enough ammo and spare parts, let alone winter gear for everyone there.

Sergey will ratfuck the boots and jackets to trade for booze, and they will not survive winter.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#44]
We are footing the bill under orders of our government that holds us in utter disdain.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep.

The AF Foreign Technology Division would get a picture of a Russian asset and put out an intelligence assessment of

" if we built something that looked like that, this is what it could do"

Then when they actually exploited one, it would have 10% of the projected capability.
View Quote
All the way back to the foxbat...but at least we got one of the best fighters in history out of it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

They held Russia off pretty good too
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#47]

The April lines are even better.  About the same in the East and lost everything their gained in the “feint” from the north.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Proxy war. Without US military aid Ukraine would have folded long ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Russia military not as good as expected.  Western intelligence and weapons assistance better than expected.  Result:  prolonged war, more death, more profit (financially and politically) for the globalist warmongers. Cost:  lots of unnecessary death, misery, and added potential for energy and food shortages to further the globalist agenda.  Evil at play all around.
View Quote

The alternative was just let them waltz in and take control of their country.  From the point of view of Russia shouldn't have started shit it is very unnecessary.  From the point of view of living in an country that just got invaded fighting like hell to maintain your sovereignty is damn well necessary.

You have a third way of getting Russia to leave that doesn't involve a bunch of people getting killed?  Yeah, didn't think so.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top