Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 204
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd say near 100% since we saw the story shift almost immediately to "well it doesn't matter if he declassified them" since they all know that POTUS has unilateral authority to declassify anything at any time he wishes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the chances that the Trump files from Mar a Lago were declassified already by Trump

I'd say near 100% since we saw the story shift almost immediately to "well it doesn't matter if he declassified them" since they all know that POTUS has unilateral authority to declassify anything at any time he wishes.
Can the rotting potato reclassify the documents, and I believe the potato can.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We have to prove our innocence now? The government no longer has the burden of proof? That's fucking rich.

How does that boot taste, or did you break your neck trying to turn your head to get a good lick while it was on your throat?

This thread really did bring out all the leftist/statist agitators.
View Quote

Well John Brennan did say in an interview that, "...people are innocent until they're alleged to be involved in some type of criminal activity."
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
If FJB reclassified, then Trump didn't knowingly break the law
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If FJB reclassified, then Trump didn't knowingly break the law
View Quote

Honestly, since when did the law actually matter in regards to anything they did to go after this man?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Did I just see a headline saying the doj wants the affidavit kept sealed?

Why?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well John Brennan did say in an interview that, "...people are innocent until they're alleged to be involved in some type of criminal activity."
View Quote

Somewhere out there I’m sure there is someone making a naughty/nice list and it’s not gonna be Santa. The odds are just too great for it not to be happening.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

Because the process is the punishment
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, I don't think a successor can re-classify, and certainly not attach any criminal liability to possessing theoretically de-classified then re-classified documents.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

Probably because that's the proof of the lies underpinning this sham.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Folks, keep in mind that in the background Congress is trying to get access to six years of Trump tax records from the IRS so that the democrats can comb through it in a blatantly unconstitutional attempt to dig up anything they can use as dirt. The USSC has previously ruled on Congress attempting to grab an individual's tax returns and financial records for a political purpose.

So the idea that the feeb is on the up and up here is complete bullshit.

It's the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]

I’ve never wanted to punch words before lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Weird that.

Almost like the warrant didn't even matter one bit.

If the government is doing this to a former President and billionaire - what are regular folks to them? I miss living in the United States of America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were his passports created during the Trump administration? Are they national defense information? Classified? Are they in any conceivable way related to the contents of the affidavit?

Odd. It's almost like they... just grabbed every piece of paper that they could get their hands on, or something.

Weird that.

If the government is doing this to a former President and billionaire - what are regular folks to them? I miss living in the United States of America.
It's as if they read everything that we were called conspiracy theorists for believing was going to happen, and set about proving us right.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Trump lawyer: This would be a "monstrous mistake" by the DOJ

Trump lawyer: This would be a "monstrous mistake" by the DOJ
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@Consigli, I thought it was a masterful reply! Skillfully done. Apparently a lot of sarcasm meters are woefully out of calibration.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a sarcastic reply to Low_Country everyone. Put down the pitchforks and torches!

@Consigli, I thought it was a masterful reply! Skillfully done. Apparently a lot of sarcasm meters are woefully out of calibration.

Thanks. I can see sarcasm and humor are a bad idea right now. Everyone is on edge, including my wife and I. People don't know who I am. For the record, we are Trump supporters. Voted for him twice and will again in 2024. DeSantis may have his time someday, but not now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are exactly right that DeSantis is playing it safe.

Its dangerous for him to support Trump and get too far out in front on this. Because if they find Trump is really dealing in nuclear weapons, or something even more nefarious, they might come back to DeSantis, and accuse him of aiding and abetting a criminal. Or of being a co-conspirator.

Best for DeSantis to let the smoke clear. And when this turns out to be another witch hunt, he can really lambast the FBI and their fascist raid. That way he won't step on his dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is he avoiding it because he is scared he might be next, or does he think this gives him a chance in 2024?

I’d imagine he is waiting to see what the substance of the material seized by the FBI is. Seems prudent to wait and see and avoid potentially stepping on your dick.

Its dangerous for him to support Trump and get too far out in front on this. Because if they find Trump is really dealing in nuclear weapons, or something even more nefarious, they might come back to DeSantis, and accuse him of aiding and abetting a criminal. Or of being a co-conspirator.

Best for DeSantis to let the smoke clear. And when this turns out to be another witch hunt, he can really lambast the FBI and their fascist raid. That way he won't step on his dick.

The smoke will never clear.

Trump is out of office:the fellow thinkerism of the left managed to subvert the 2020 election and we now have an installed junta doing what they want and they are STILL going after him.

All desantis has to do is tell the truth about the raid. Not more. Not less.

The feds ran the lawyers out, and asked for the cameras to be turned off, when they should have WANTED the lawyers there during the search to ensure they wouldn't catch blowback and frankly, the lawyers getting to see the warrant allows the lawyers to say "I know exactly where that is, we will go directly to it, you can catalog it and give us the receipt."  The indicators are that this was not a criminal investigation, they were not looking for a known bit of evidence. Their behavior fits exactly with a fishing exepdition, where they didn't know what they wanted, but knew they wanted dirt on their target.

Pointing these things out would have been plenty enough.

ETA: and desantis didn't get popular by being safe. It'll be shameful if he goes that route.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Debate with some posters is like talking to a brick wall. Absolute refusal to admit being incorrect, despite having it broken down in the simplest terms possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there what is?

Thats an opinion without any proof to back it.

But then again, thats your MO.

Debate with some posters is like talking to a brick wall. Absolute refusal to admit being incorrect, despite having it broken down in the simplest terms possible.

Do you think you would be the first one to think they had it all figure out just to realize they have much of it wrong?

Arrogance, pride, defensiveness, "welcome to the party pall".

And no, Im not talking about them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you think you would be the first one to think they had it all figure out just to realize they have much of it wrong?

View Quote

I have no problem admitting when I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ok, no more sarcastic replies to Low_Country from me. I see I got everyone upset. I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So is he avoiding it because he is scared he might be next, or does he think this gives him a chance in 2024?

I’d imagine he is waiting to see what the substance of the material seized by the FBI is. Seems prudent to wait and see and avoid potentially stepping on your dick.

What nonsense. DeSantis getting out front of this disastrous raid would show that he isn't going to put up with that kind of BS should he become the GOP nominee (which is likely at some point in the future). By cowering in hiding and wringing his hands, he just solidifies in the minds of the people he needs support from that he is weak. It will cost him on the national stage.

Ok, no more sarcastic replies to Low_Country from me. I see I got everyone upset. I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!

I figured that was the case, but I thought I'd pile on just to re-iterate my point.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right. They do.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

They want to act on the up and up so that the public maintains its trust
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No, it's actually a fact. PM is basically a troll who I generally ignore as well. One time I even went so far as to take a screenshot and highlight words from a pdf document and he still insisted the words didn't say what they said. Imagine posting a picture of the color green then having someone try to convince you that the color you posted isn't green. That's having a debate with PM.

His debate strategy is generally to keep repeating the same lie until the person he is arguing with gives up.

Trump could be an effective politician if he wasn't so off putting to a lot of people because of his abrasive behavior. He thinks he needs to act like this to keep his base but he needs more than his base to be elected. THAT is why he lost in 2020.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't waste your breath, Planemaker is never wrong.. I tried once to have an intelligent discussion with him regarding his misinterpretation of the meaning of simple medical data.. I pretty much ignore him now (without a button).  Not surprisingly he has many in GD who agree with him.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

Well there what is?

No, it's actually a fact. PM is basically a troll who I generally ignore as well. One time I even went so far as to take a screenshot and highlight words from a pdf document and he still insisted the words didn't say what they said. Imagine posting a picture of the color green then having someone try to convince you that the color you posted isn't green. That's having a debate with PM.

His debate strategy is generally to keep repeating the same lie until the person he is arguing with gives up.

Quoted:

Why should he?  If you aren't pissed off as all hell about this then GTFO of the country.

Trump could be an effective politician if he wasn't so off putting to a lot of people because of his abrasive behavior. He thinks he needs to act like this to keep his base but he needs more than his base to be elected. THAT is why he lost in 2020.

No, I've corrected your mistakes in reading comprehension on innumerable occasions. That is why you get so angry because every time you say something ridiculous and get called on it, you try to deflect, ignore, and obfuscate. But, your complete and utter lack of debate skills is not the subject of the thread.

Your Never-Trump is showing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fuck you don't, I recall the Afghanistan withdrawal drone strike that killed innocent civilians that you supported because no way they could've gotten bad Intel .
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there what is?

Yes, I have had that problem with you in the past. That and your lack of debating skills and appeal to emotion rather than facts, logic, and reason. But that's not the subject of this thread.

Your Never_Trump is showing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the chances that the Trump files from Mar a Lago were declassified already by Trump

A major problem with the national dialogue right now is that we went through four years of Trump where every action he took was challenged by a judge, rescinded by act of congress, or slow-walked by some nameless federal bureaucrat. The media was glowing about "career public servants" sabotaging Trump and leaking information to the press. The ambassador to Syria was gloating about lying to Trump about troop numbers.

So now the idea that Trump as president had total authority to do something is beyond people's comprehension, they just can't believe that it's true.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

Turn your brain on. You know why.

They'll say it's because they can't discuss the classified material that is the subject of the affidavit. That is not the case.

Their case is garbage and the affidavit is horseshit. That's the actual reason. If they had an strong case then you can bet your ass they'd release it lickety split.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure that's true. Once a document is declassified by an OCA (ie the President), then that document is declassified.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

Speculation: Because they completely fabricated the information in the affidavit just like they did with the FISA crap and they don't want their criminal activity exposed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Speculation: Because they completely fabricated the information in the affidavit just like they did with the FISA crap and they don't want their criminal activity exposed.
View Quote

It’s the most likely explanation at this point given their history.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They'll say it's because they can't discuss the classified material that is the subject of the affidavit. That is not the case.

Their case is garbage and the affidavit is horseshit. That's the actual reason. If they had an strong case then you can bet your ass they'd release it lickety split.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Yeah it's horseshit and they want it secret because then they can imply things about it. Remember that the "Steele dossier" was originally touted as some monumental intel document on Trump, and the only reason why we know that it's ridiculous lies is because Buzzfeed (of all organizations) leaked it. Probably the greatest public service they ever did.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Consigli,

First, say the bold part out loud and see if it sounds ridiculous to you. If it doesn’t, please seek help.

Second, even though the idea of Trump “dealing in nuclear weapons” is absolutely ridiculous, please tell us what would be “even more nefarious”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consigli,

First, say the bold part out loud and see if it sounds ridiculous to you. If it doesn’t, please seek help.

Second, even though the idea of Trump “dealing in nuclear weapons” is absolutely ridiculous, please tell us what would be “even more nefarious”

I just snickered out loud. Well done.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah it's horseshit and they want it secret because then they can imply things about it. Remember that the "Steele dossier" was originally touted as some monumental intel document on Trump, and the only reason why we know that it's ridiculous lies is because Buzzfeed (of all organizations) leaked it. Probably the greatest public service they ever did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

They also need the media to butter the public up with lots of outlandish speculation and inferred guilt. They have McCabe and Strozk out there right now bullshitting the public about how much integrity the FBI has. Have to give them credit for being brazen but thats how corrupt the people involved are. They give zero F's about the irony of trotting out two stooges who were fired over lying.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I understand the police don't give details out during an investigation if there are still parties they are trying to get, but this stinks to high heaven. If the FBI wanted to calm the public, they would release the info otherwise they better come out with some damning evidence soon.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The fuck you don't, I recall the Afghanistan withdrawal drone strike that killed innocent civilians that you supported because no way they could've gotten bad Intel .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buzzfeed didn't leak anything. They published a leak provided to them by the leaker
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah they are peddling BS.

There's not going to be any actual classified information in the affidavit.

They had someone create a false pretext for the raid.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right.  Like I would believe anything out of a doj officials mouth
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Weird that.

View Quote

I grew up in that country.  

It's unrecognizable these days.  Degenerate authoritarians and corrupt pedos have infiltrated the government and perverted it from something great to a third world banana republic.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Buzzfeed didn't leak anything. They published a leak provided to them by the leaker
View Quote

Comey got them to publish it by briefing Trump. He briefed Trump about it which created the "news hook" that allowed the media to report it. Otherwise is was just unsubstantiated bullshit.

That's the type of games the director of fib was engaging in.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Makes you wonder what else that they stole took but no longer have in their possession.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Makes you wonder what else that they stole took but no longer have in their possession.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they hid them, stole them, or through them away.

That's the kind of corrupt petty people we are dealing with.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was wrong, and admitted as much.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are some things the President cannot declassify unilaterally under the Atomic Energy Acts of 1946 and 1954. There are a few other exceptions as well.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol so now they are returned?

Why were they taken in the first place?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Double tap
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consigli,

I thought it was pretty good as well.

Then Consigli comes along and admits he was being sarcastic and ruined it for me.  
Page / 204
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top