Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Your farmer buddy doesn’t know how to take photos will his cellphone?

Edit, my bad, didn’t see previous post.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This feels like a safe thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/6/2022 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That's a big thing in my AO. Vehicle left sitting for long periods of time always get shot and set on fire.
View Quote
Everything I have has comp on it even stuff that has been sitting 3 years
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Still no pics?  Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:06:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Landowner doesn't have cell service.  OP was alerted by telegram.
View Quote
-.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. .- .-. / --. --- - / ... .... --- - / - .... . / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / ..- .--. .-.-.-
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't know anything about Canadian insurance policies.  In the States I don't think you friend would be liable for your damages so the liability part of their policy wouldn't respond.  Your friend's policy might extend property damage coverage to you.  This could be in voluntary property damage type coverage language for damage to property in their care, custody & control.  I would be surprised if homeowners insurance is able to cover  this.
View Quote

Yeah....there is a 0% chance is HOI will cover it.... hopefully your friend has a garagekeepers liability policy
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#7]
15 days and not a single pic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Waiting on the police report. I am frustrated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any word yet ?

Waiting on the police report. I am frustrated.

Are you waiting on the cops, or the property owners?

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not going to give up on this thread.  I believe it will deliver.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you for your input, no matter how retarded it may be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know it's not funny and I'm sorry about the loss of your Yukon but your post made me laugh. I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh but I'm just picturing a bunch of drunk farmers shooting the shit out of your SUV in the middle of the night while yelling, "Yeeehaw!!"

Thank you for your input, no matter how retarded it may be.

Yeah, I'm sorry. It does suck that someone shot up your car. I know I didn't add anything to the discussion and I shouldn't find it funny. I can be a dick sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

Agreed! Dagger is a good guy, he will deliver as soon as he can I expect.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad you can't figure out a way for homeowners insurance pay to get it fixed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
This is turning, it turned into a Safe thread....
Op hates GD
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry Dagger, that fucking sucks!

Can't the land owner just shoot you some pics? Not sure why you need to wait for the RCMP to send them to you.
View Quote

its tough to find a 1 hour photo lab for a 110 kodak. then they only pickup the mail once a month.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

its tough to find a 1 hour photo lab for a 110 kodak. then they only pickup the mail once a month.
View Quote

.. -. ..--.. --- ..-- -... ..- --..--- .- -...- -- -. .- -
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

I'm betting things have gotten more complicated and he can't say anything or post pictures.  As in they may have a really good idea who did it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Still waiting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't want this thread to fade away
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Plot twist.

OP was in the Yukon the whole time.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Came for the update once again.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd hoped that this was going to pan out, I'm losing faith.

Have we been scammed?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I think (or believe at least) that Dagger has been had, sadly. It has been too long at this point for the story to be legit.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Since I can't "like" your post, I'll follow it up with this.

YOU OWE ME RESTITUTION!

YOU OWE ME RESTITUTION! Sally and Linus misses trick or treat
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#27]
@Dagger41

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Landowner doesn't have cell service.  OP was alerted by telegram.
View Quote

In all this time the land owner hasn't had cell service?
Digital camera and email? Hell I could have taken 35mm developed it and mailed the pictures in the time given.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#29]
18 days and counting
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#30]
This thread STILL sucks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Lol...wtf.. they not have cameras on that farm?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#33]
So I'm still here waiting for OP to deliver.  Maybe give us an update.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#34]

It's almost like he's avoiding us, almost.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's almost like he's avoiding us, almost.
View Quote

Last post was the 18th.  You may not be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I thought all guns were banned in Canadia?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:  Last post was the 18th.  You may not be wrong.
View Quote

Was OP arrested by the FBI in the Trump raid?  Maybe he's a political prisoner?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Will this be another 'dirt thread' ala scratch45?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I know how the OP feels...since (about 40 years ago), while I was out dove hunting, somebody completely smashed the front windshield of my 72 Datsun sedan with a concrete block.

Then about 35 years ago...my 76 Chevy C-10 pickup's right side window was shot out by a pistolero --- while I was trying to track a whitetail buck; that I wounded with my bow an arrow. Trouble is...I saw it all happen, but I was like 200 yards away on top of a hill --- when I saw the perp's 64 Ford sedan pullup to my truck, with the passenger getting out and shot one time at the shotgun side window with a pistol --- That's when I starting running down the hill towards my truck, and up the centerline of a two way street.

The driver sighted me about 100 yards away, and I heard him whistle to the perp --- The perp rushed into the car, and they sped away while fishtailing it up the street. But I was about 30 yards too far away from seeing the license number (since I didn't bring my binocs). I reported the incident to the county police --- They saw the car that fitted my description...but they didn't pull it over.

I never recovered that wounded whitetail buck.

Then just last year (in the approximately same neighborhood) as my boss was about to drop me off at a park an ride, where I had my 4Runner parked. I saw a guy that was closely checking out my SUV...and it looked like the same guy that took a shot at my C-10. The guy disappeared by the time we pulled up to my vehicle.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This thread STILL sucks.
View Quote

Yes it does. All I have is an investigation number. Don't call us, we'll call you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#41]
So, nobody at the farm has a phone?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes it does. All I have is an investigation number. Don't call us, we'll call you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread STILL sucks.

No pics?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So, nobody at the farm has a phone?
View Quote

No cell service in igloo land.  The generators melt through the ice and the tower sinks.  That's why CATT went bankrupt.

There's a reason Canada still has telegram service.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#45]
“Shot the SHIT out of it.”

But has no pics
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#46]
If I ever get a home off some obscure dirt road, my plan is to get an old rusty car towed into place near the entry and then literally (not literally) shoot the shit out of it.  I figure that's more effective than a No Trespassing sign.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know why you'd lie about this and it all sounds pretty fucked up.  Condolences, this sucks.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#48]
A few years ago my brother and I were headed to work. He spotted a gun on the side of the gravel road. Turns out the previous evening some teens were shooting at random ranch equipment and the rancher who owned the land heard the gunshots and gave Chase in his wife's SUV. Apparently at some point in time the teens chucked the gun out the window during the chase and it being evening the rancher didn't see it while chasing them. Anyhow long story short it had been stolen two weeks prior and ultimately the teens were caught later.
On a unrelated note my same Brother had multiple vehicles stolen off his property and the cops were less than helpful, even when he found one of the vehicles mostly stripped out. As he puts it, if it doesn't lend itself to a good photo op the cops probably aren't really going to go out of there way to help you
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:54:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Dagger, is there any chance that your are being fucked over by the property owner?

That has been my thought since the onset with no pics after however long it has been, a month? EVERYONE can send pics these days. Please don't tell us you are waiting on the cops from the Artic to send you proof that you got ripped off.

Can you provide details on the "arrangement" with the storage place? Did you pay them monthly? Was this a handshake deal? Receipts?

Do you "really" trust them? Man up, spill the beans.

My gut says that they figure "he hasn't been here in over a year, so lets take / sell / hide / just use the truck and tell him it was bullet ridden and we had it hauled off", and he can work it out with his insurance co. He is now in Florida, which is like a million miles from here.

I want to believe you had an honest deal, but fuckery is clearly afoot at this point. Come clean. What do you think is up? Surely you aren't placing faith in "the law" to make you whole, and that if you just wait awhile longer things will play out as they should, right?

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dagger, is there any chance that your are being fucked over by the property owner?

That has been my thought since the onset with no pics after however long it has been, a month? EVERYONE can send pics these days. Please don't tell us you are waiting on the cops from the Artic to send you proof that you got ripped off.

Can you provide details on the "arrangement" with the storage place? Did you pay them monthly? Was this a handshake deal? Receipts?

Do you "really" trust them? Man up, spill the beans.

My gut says that they figure "he hasn't been here in over a year, so lets take / sell / hide / just use the truck and tell him it was bullet ridden and we had it hauled off", and he can work it out with his insurance co. He is now in Florida, which is like a million miles from here.

I want to believe you had an honest deal, but fuckery is clearly afoot at this point. Come clean. What do you think is up? Surely you aren't placing faith in "the law" to make you whole, and that if you just wait awhile longer things will play out as they should, right?

View Quote

Yes there is very much that chance. I have a feeling there will be an arrest and it will be either the property owner or somebody close to him. I have been waiting for pics since day 1 and it's more than frustrating, I am fucking MAD.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top