Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2001 9:29:31 AM EDT
If you liked the Violence Policy Center "report" on sniper rifles, you'll LOVE the one on "lead poisoning"

We're trying to kill our kids by exposing them to lead at shooting ranges.  "Poisonous Pastime"

[url]http://www.vpc.org/studies/leadcont.htm[/url] With this one they want to get all shooting ranges closed.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I just read the report. Rarely, in my life, I've seen truth and lies mixed together to obtain, as a result, such a piece of garbage...
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Very Politically Correct? Old news, this is why several states have enacted range protection laws. Lead poison? Give me a break, sure if your eating your bullets or firing maybe 10,000 rounds a day in a closed very confined range with no ventilation. Even then I doubt it. What a bunch of horse sh*t.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Very Politically Correct? Old news, this is why several states have enacted range protection laws. Lead poison? Give me a break, sure if your eating your bullets or firing maybe 10,000 rounds a day in a closed very confined range with no ventilation. Even then I doubt it. What a bunch of horse sh*t.
View Quote

Ah, yes!  But in combination with the Army going to "green" tungsten-core bullets ostensibly because their target ranges were "contaminated" with high concentrations of lead, how long do you think it will be before the gun grabbers join up with the tree huggers to close down ranges by insisting that the range operators must "clean up" these "toxic waste sites"?  

How much do you think it would cost to scrape the top 3' of soil from a range, transport it to a "hazardous waste" landfill, and then replace the soil you scraped off with new?  Can your favorite range afford it?  Can they afford the years of legal wrangling involved in fighting this idiocy?

More than anything else, this idea scares me. [V]

[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top