BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

^^^^ This ^^^^

I don't LARP, but as an old man, I have a chest rig in the closet with 6 mags in it. Fairly bulky for me, but I'm sure I could pull that off if I needed to get out quickly.

5 times that many?  He seemed pretty slight of frame. I can't imagine how he'd carry that away from his truck over fences, through doors all the while managing his rifle?
View Quote

Not to open up this very deep rabbit hole, but are we sure he had 30 magazines on him and not 30 round magazines on him?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
just from my limited reading of what happened, it looks like the LEOs messed up and misjudged the whole situation at first?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
just from my limited reading of what happened, it looks like the LEOs messed up and misjudged the whole situation at first?
View Quote

But they can say "My Bad", and go home safe to their loving family at home.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, great job on the after action report, don’t discount the monumental task of counting all the spent shell casings, in the summer heat. Can you imagine the copper who gets stuck having to write up that school property damage report, in triplicate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And that teacher's career is over in 3....2.....1....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11:27 a.m., Tuesday: A teacher propped open an exterior door of Robb Elementary, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

11:33 a.m.: Ramos walked into the school through the door that was propped open.

or suicide watch

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hard to imagine how the decision could have been made that the shooter was no longer a threat to children when he was barricaded in a classroom.

Did they think he was in an empty room and simply didn't know there was an adjoining room that was not empty?

There were NINETEEN cops in the hallway outside, there HAS to be a reason why the decision was made not to go in.  I'm struggling to think through this calmly and rationally.  

I just can't believe that 19 cops including BORTAC agents would leave kids to die, in Texas of all places.  There has to be a reason.  In hindsight it obviously was the wrong reason.  Obviously is it a horrible tragedy and terrible mistakes were made, and I hope if negligence is found that those responsible will be punished severely.

It is likely that most of the fatalities happened in a matter of minutes; their inaction may not have mattered but their perceived lack of response absolutely matters.
View Quote

If those 19 cops arrived outside that door after all shooting was done, and there was only silence, and they believed the shooter was barricaded beyond the door, then you can at least perceive the thought process of waiting.

If they arrived outside the door, there was no more shooting, and they knew that was the location of the shooting,  but they didn’t enter, they still are culpable because of the obvious possibility of wounded beyond the door.

If they arrived outside the door, and they heard even one shot beyond the door, and failed to enter as quickly as possible, regardless of the orders of any senior officer present, than there should be criminal charges for failing in their duty to intervene.

This whole fucking thing is unbelievable. Like completely unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

And the BIG lesson is, boys and girls?  YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOURSELF.  DITTO  YOUR CHILDREN.

In our "About Damn Time" department this will advance the concept of personal protection, armed teachers, and yes, less gun control.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The people of that town need to run the mayor, police chief, and every police officer out of town.
View Quote

If I was a parent of one of those dead children, you can bet your ass I would want to do more than "run them out of town".
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
30 MAGAZINES or 30 ROUNDS in a magazine??……I mean the kid looked like a milk toast who could barely bench press 60 pounds, let alone tote around 30 loaded magazines…..this story gets worse by the hour as details come out. Talk about dropping the ball. They failed big time.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:30:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If I was a parent of one of those dead children, you can bet your ass I would want to do more than "run them out of town".
View Quote

Something about a black sticky substance and the lightweight covering of flighted birds.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#12]
from today's press conference, sounds like most important decision made by cops that day, the decision to treat it as no longer active shooter but as barricaded suspect, was made by the chief of the ISD PD,  a police force of 6 cops. so barney fife made the call while wyatt earp and frank hammer were standing in the hall.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Allegedly. It's also the third or forth version of what happened to be reported by "officials".
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can't watch the video, but any explanation on why they decided to let kids be killed?
View Quote

Officer Safety, Cowardice, No balls. Just cause they run around dressing like hardened SOCOM Operators don’t mean they are. These kids deserved better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I smell a massive lawsuit coming on...heads may role over this lack of action that resulted in death.
View Quote

There better be some goddamn charges file like they did against the pussy SRO in Florida. Fuck these pussies heads need to fucking roll.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's a lot of volume, too. How did he manage to carry them?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats a lot of weight

That's a lot of volume, too. How did he manage to carry them?

Sound like more BS to me.  This thing is sad all around.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Assumed he was just barricading himself in the classroom? Full of kids?

That's a stupid assumption. The default assumption, when an armed perp enters a school is that they intend to kill as many people as possible. Police should react accordingly, and as fast as possible.

ETA: Couldn't they HEAR the gunshots? A rifle is FUCKING LOUD AS SHIT, as we all know. The cops sat outside after hearing what must have been at least a couple dozen shots inside the school?
View Quote

The Barricade was literally a locked fucking door. That little twink wasn’t a hard target to reach.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
A shitshow of unfathomable proportions.

There is that saying "well they wrote a lot of terrible things about us in the papers..... but we gave them a lot of material to work with."

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am just going to throw this out.

Incident started with this guy shooting at a business NEAR the school.   Shooter runs into school 12 minutes later.   This is not your classic
school shooter.  Cops on the scene made a decision(wrong one) that this was a barricaded shooter and not a mass murder event.    Let's say it was a robbery
gone wrong and the guy takes hostages in a school.   Dirty Harry barges in an kills the bad guy but 5 kids die.  GD is  jumping on the cops because they GOT 5 kids killed for being reckless.

Decisions were made in the heat of the battle.

8nBAIT

View Quote

I think you’re wrong. We’ve learned enough as a nation about school shooters to know you can’t sit on your dick and wait.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly, it should be.  Whole lot of peoples careers should be over because of this.  Obviously the dead piece of shit pulled the trigger and is burning in hell but there’s a shitload of incompetence that made his evil task much easier.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:53:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't see how they "misjudged" jack shit. They were already there on the scene when he ran into the school. According the the press conference he fired well over a 100 rounds in the school (I can't remember the exact number). The cops had to have been standing there in the hall while he was executing those kids. Fucking cowards.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If those 19 cops arrived outside that door after all shooting was done, and there was only silence, and they believed the shooter was barricaded beyond the door, then you can at least perceive the thought process of waiting.

If they arrived outside the door, there was no more shooting, and they knew that was the location of the shooting,  but they didn’t enter, they still are culpable because of the obvious possibility of wounded beyond the door.

If they arrived outside the door, and they heard even one shot beyond the door, and failed to enter as quickly as possible, regardless of the orders of any senior officer present, than there should be criminal charges for failing in their duty to intervene.

View Quote

They were already on the scene when he ran into the building so they had to have been right behind him. He fired over a 100 rounds in the building. Which of your scenarios is the most likely? That's not even getting into leaving the kids there to bleed out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#23]
We are truly on our own anymore.  Have been for a while, actually.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#24]
One thing that keeps rolling in my mind.  Every town, especially rural county seats has there own way of doing things.  Smaller towns are sometimes even worse about this.  They don't want city people coming in and telling them how to run things.  I have to wonder how much this came into play here - especially considering Uvalde is a largely democrat and largely Hispanic town.  I can see them steaming if a Border Patrol group was trying to take charge of the operations.  I can imagine them thinking the last thing they wanted to do is let the Border Patrol endanger their kids - cause they all know (based on national reporting by Democrats) how much the Border Patrol hates them.  I can imagine that the various groups that responded to the emergency don't play well together.

I don't think even Democrats would have wanted this tragedy to push their agenda, even if they absolutely will do everything they can to use it to push their agenda.  I don't have much problems believing that different LOE groups have trouble working together due to political and cultural biases.  Hell even the Fed vs Local issue could have easily caused issues.  I mean honestly, how many of us would have wanted the FBI or ATF to take control of the situation - Even if we accept that the FBI Hostage Response Team is the best trained and equipped to do it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#25]
It wasn't the Police Chief calling the shots, it was the School Police Chief calling the shots. The School District better have good Insurance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Fucking sad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It wasn't the Police Chief calling the shots, it was the School Police Chief calling the shots. The School District better have good Insurance.
View Quote

No it was the 18 year old twink faggot calling the shots. The police were too busy playing dress up and  tackling, tazing, and pepper spraying concerned parents
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Why does it matter how many magazines and ammo the guy had? Cops are for gun control.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
When you sign your name when your hired you know the risk. They pay the money you take the risk. That being said you are also trained that the chief is in charge and knows best, follow the orders end of story. In this case the chief shit his pants and everyone else has to smell it. I foresee Officers involved becoming alcoholics, suicides and divorces from the guilt, this over things that may or may not be their fault. These men will carry that burden until they are laid in the ground and nothing will ever stop that. Just because you weren't responsible for the decision doesn't mean you don't feel the burden.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
60 magazines?  He was carrying 1800 rounds of ammunition with him?
View Quote

Dafuq? Was he Superman? That’s some damn video game load out.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
This entire situation makes for low hanging fruit for cop bashers, and really don't want to become an online cop basher

I really don't have anything good to say except that I'm truly sorry for the families involved with this
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anybody who doesn't think this is so, is a fucking retard. I grew up homeless from 12-18 and learned very early in my life the only security you have is the security you provide yourself. Lots of sheep out there.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The IC should be criminally charged for negligence, barred from ever serving in LE for life, no pension, and tarred and feathered.

All officers waiting to be instructed to go in vs dutily performing their sworn oath to those kids should be fired, no pension, and barred from ever serving in LE for life.
View Quote

They’ll just move them to another jurisdiction after a paid admin leave.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Anybody who doesn't think this is so, is a fucking retard. I grew up homeless from 12-18 and learned very early in my life the only security you have is the security you provide yourself. Lots of sheep out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

another reminder this site needs a "like" button for posts. until then i'll use whats available

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#36]
So wait....theres shooting going on inside while the cops are waiting outside but.....no big deal, the guy is barricaded.

What?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

thats a lot of weight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
60 magazines?  He was carrying 1800 rounds of ammunition with him?

thats a lot of weight

hmmmm really doubt he was carrying nearly 1-2,000 rounds.....guess we'll never know the truth
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Children are being murdered yards away from you and you need "commands" to tell you what to do????  What the fuck is wrong with you?
View Quote

"Just Following Orders"

but they will write you a ticket and laugh
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

hmmmm really doubt he was carrying nearly 1-2,000 rounds.....guess we'll never know the truth
View Quote

They had how many rounds where and how many shot where in the press conference.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's called peak "go home safe at night"

Cops will refuse to rescue 10 year fucking kids to go home safe at night, and they will shoot you when you pull up your pants (reaching) to go home safe at night.

Enjoy them roosters, LEOs!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I really don't have anything good to say except that I'm truly sorry for the families involved with this
View Quote
Amen.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I smell a massive lawsuit coming on...heads may role over this lack of action that resulted in death.
View Quote

Lol.

Guess you missed it but cops have ZERO liability and requirement to protect you.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do we have facts on how many were killed after the police arrived and could have had the opportunity to stop additional killings?

I can’t imagine they hung out in the hall while he was blasting away in a classroom. I know it would be impossible for many cops to not go in if shots were being fired in there and they had the gear to do something.
View Quote

ALL OF THEM
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So wait....theres shooting going on inside while the cops are waiting outside but.....no big deal, the guy is barricaded.

What?
View Quote

I don't know if anyone could write a movie script this bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And the BIG lesson is, boys and girls?  YOU HAVE TO PROTECT YOURSELF.  DITTO  YOUR CHILDREN.

In our "About Damn Time" department this will advance the concept of personal protection, armed teachers, and yes, less gun control.

View Quote

Can’t protect my kids if I’m not with them. We still have 1 in school, I’d be very surprised if he ever sees the inside of a school again. We were kinda leaning toward that base after the mask bullshit our school district pulled anyway, and we aren’t over that yet by any means. The hard truth is that schools cannot be protected and people fail, all the time. We have been comfortable outsourcing our kids security at school because we assumed there will be a swift police response in the event of a shooting, turns out that isn’t the case after Parkland, and Columbine, and now this. We have a trend here guys, not a one off. Wanna stop school shootings? Close the fucking schools.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Border patrol tac team arrived to breach.
Local police told the border patrol tac team to stand down, it was just a barricaded subject.
View Quote

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/uvalde-shooting-update-tragedy-good-work-unimaginably-wrong/

Within two minutes of entering the school, three Uvalde Police Department officers attempted to open the locked school room door and were fired on, receiving what would be non-life threatening wounds. They then called for backup.

While those three officers were attempting to get to the shooter, two volunteer officers and a Sheriff’s deputy began evacuating the school.

At that point, things went from bad to much, much worse.

The on-scene incident commander, who appears to be the school district police chief, notifies on-scene and arriving officers that the “active shooter” incident is over, and now they have a “barricaded subject” situation.

In the words of DPS Director McCraw:

He was convinced at the time that there was no more threat to the children and that the subject was barricaded and that they had time to organize.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

thats a lot of weight
View Quote

A thousand rounds is about 28-30 pounds.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am just going to throw this out.

Incident started with this guy shooting at a business NEAR the school.   Shooter runs into school 12 minutes later.   This is not your classic
school shooter.  Cops on the scene made a decision(wrong one) that this was a barricaded shooter and not a mass murder event.    Let's say it was a robbery
gone wrong and the guy takes hostages in a school.   Dirty Harry barges in an kills the bad guy but 5 kids die.  GD is  jumping on the cops because they GOT 5 kids killed for being reckless.

Decisions were made in the heat of the battle.

8nBAIT

View Quote

Throughout the entire 30-40 min they were sitting around with their thumbs up their ass, they didn’t receive a single report from kids/teachers as to what had actually occurred in the school (you know, an AS, not some dude who decided to take hostages after committing some other minor crime)?

Yeah, that’s straight fucking BS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Truth. The cops ended up protecting the shooter from the parents. The situation literally would have been better without the cops.
View Quote

There are very few situations that aren't better without law
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Throughout the entire 30-40 min they were sitting around with their thumbs up their ass, they didn’t receive a single report from kids/teachers as to what had actually occurred in the school (you know, an AS, not some dude who decided to take hostages after committing some other minor crime)?
View Quote

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/uvalde-shooting-update-tragedy-good-work-unimaginably-wrong/

It is not yet known how such an incredibly bad call was made. Even as at least one student inside the classroom was speaking with a 911 dispatcher, the on-scene commander apparently told everyone there was no more danger to the children, according to what McCraw said today at his press conference.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top