BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is a LOT of weight.

I just moved cases of rounds in my ammo bunker. It took me a while.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
60 magazines?  He was carrying 1800 rounds of ammunition with him?

That is a LOT of weight.

~70 pounds.

From your bling, I bet that you could have carried that at 18.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I see the cops were also a bunch of children
View Quote

8yr olds had more guts. They're not cops and they're damn sure not men.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm only 7 minutes in and already confused by the timeline.

BorTac arrived at 12:15, but they breached the door at 11:50? Did he get confused at start saying 11 instead of 12?

Am I dumb?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Because they could have been shot by the shooter. I'm not joking, the cop spokesman said that was the reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't watch the video, but any explanation on why they decided to let kids be killed?
Because they could have been shot by the shooter. I'm not joking, the cop spokesman said that was the reason.

People need to be fired over this.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

They deserve a little more than losing their job.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The IC should be criminally charged for negligence, barred from ever serving in LE for life, no pension, and tarred and feathered.

All officers waiting to be instructed to go in vs dutily performing their sworn oath to those kids should be fired, no pension, and barred from ever serving in LE for life.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree, it just infuriates me.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Border patrol tac team arrived to breach.
Local police told the border patrol tac team to stand down, it was just a barricaded subject.
View Quote

Charge all of them with 20 counts of murder.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The IC should be criminally charged for negligence, barred from ever serving in LE for life, no pension, and tarred and feathered.

All officers waiting to be instructed to go in vs dutily performing their sworn oath to those kids should be fired, no pension, and barred from ever serving in LE for life.
View Quote
So this. THERE MUST BE ACCOUNTABILITY over this shit. I was listening to reports today and used the opportunity to drill into my 16 year old daughter that she is responsible for her own safety, cops are not there to help you, they are not "heros", never trust them or talk to them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think there's as much cowardice as folks believe.  I watched the video.

- Teacher propped open the door
- SRO arrived quickly, but drove past the shooter, who was crouched by a truck.
- IC changed from Active Shooter, to Barricade strategy.
- 911 calls came in from children asking for help.

- What's not known, why didn't the IC revert to Active Shooter and call for full breach
- Did the 911 calls not get relayed to the IC?
- If the 911 calls did get relayed, why didn't the IC revert to Active Shooter

It sounds like a cluster from either a communication perspective, or the IC failed.

However, there were 19 officers in that hallway.  What I can't ascertain is, while they were waiting for keys, acting under Barricade protocol, did they not hear another shot?  Yelling?  They waiting for BORTAC to arrive with proper breach equipment, then used keys to breach.  They should have breached earlier, regardless of IC direction - that's my best guess at this time.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Assumed he was just barricading himself in the classroom? Full of kids?

That's a stupid assumption. The default assumption, when an armed perp enters a school is that they intend to kill as many people as possible. Police should react accordingly, and as fast as possible.

ETA: Couldn't they HEAR the gunshots? A rifle is FUCKING LOUD AS SHIT, as we all know. The cops sat outside after hearing what must have been at least a couple dozen shots inside the school?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everyone involved will be re-hired at a different agency after some time passes. They'll get some black-eyes over this but, they'll all stay in this occupation.

Remember the name of the SRO that ran away from the Parkland shooting? No? That's my point - these turds will all land on their feet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#13]
OST
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can we get back to when men were men, and we kicked ass when the situation required it?

It should have been "let's go get that fucker" as soon as good guys with guns rolled up.  

It literally could not have been handled any worse.
View Quote

It would be nice but our society is way too damn feminized for that.  We allowed it to happen too.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any responders on scene that day (up until when a non-coward showed up) has no right to call themselves a man. What a bunch of spineless cowards. My god...total fucking disgrace.

May fuck be upon anyone who stood idly by as kids were slaughtered.
View Quote

There should be criminal charges. Bring back stoning.

No mercy for these cowards
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people evidently agree.

EXCLUSIVE: Uvalde Police Officers Receiving Death Threats After Texas School Shooting
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I am just going to throw this out.

Incident started with this guy shooting at a business NEAR the school.   Shooter runs into school 12 minutes later.   This is not your classic
school shooter.  Cops on the scene made a decision(wrong one) that this was a barricaded shooter and not a mass murder event.    Let's say it was a robbery
gone wrong and the guy takes hostages in a school.   Dirty Harry barges in an kills the bad guy but 5 kids die.  GD is  jumping on the cops because they GOT 5 kids killed for being reckless.

Decisions were made in the heat of the battle.

8nBAIT

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do we have facts on how many were killed after the police arrived and could have had the opportunity to stop additional killings?
View Quote

All of them.  Police were on the scene before he entered the building.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Incident started with this guy shooting at a business NEAR the school.   Shooter runs into school 12 minutes later.   This is not your classic
school shooter.  Cops on the scene made a decision(wrong one) that this was a barricaded shooter and not a mass murder event.    Let's say it was a robbery
gone wrong and the guy takes hostages in a school.   Dirty Harry barges in an kills the bad guy but 5 kids die.  GD is  jumping on the cops because they GOT 5 kids killed for being reckless.

8nBAIT

View Quote

No. Just fucking no.

They sat on their asses for 60 goddamn minutes while they KNEW kids were being murdered.

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That is a LOT of weight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a LOT of weight.

It's not like he had to be in a hurry, nobody was trying to stop him.

He could have just put it all in a wheelbarrow.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No. Just fucking no.

They sat on their asses for 60 goddamn minutes while they KNEW kids were being murdered.

THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Uvalde Police Initiates A Coward Investigation For Delayed Police Response

Kinda my position
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Plus mags and rifle? About 100lbs. Not that much when I was 18.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thats a lot of weight

Plus mags and rifle? About 100lbs. Not that much when I was 18.

So it says he had 30 mags on him and 30 in the backpack he dropped.

How was he carrying 30 mags on him?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#24]
If that teacher is not dead they need charged with accessory to murder or something. That is inexcusable!

Oh, and what’s up with this cops flair. A full bird colonel.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Uvalde is a SMALL town.  That entire police dept will be changed out completely in 2 years.  The chief is out of a job.

Some of those kids who bled out might have been saved.  
View Quote

This incident will BREAK this town. Townsfolk will NOT trust the police for anything.
Hell, the police inaction did so much more damage than defund the police ever could.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#26]
how the fuck does one assume an armed individual that is actively shooting is a barricaded suspect.

Barricaded by who in a school full of kids.

I don't believe his lying ass.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#27]
If there was shooting going on then you breach the barricade, regardless of the other factors.

Fear of making a wrong decision has made a great many people so risk adverse that they can’t, and won’t, do anything."

I can see how this decision was made based on some of the scenarios I’ve seen presented in active shooter training where the scenario turns into a barricaded hostage taker.

Fucking horrible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Children called 911 from inside, begging for the Police to come.

View Quote

I don't how anyone could live with that.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This incident will BREAK this town. Townsfolk will NOT trust the police for anything.
Hell, the police inaction did so much more damage than defund the police ever could.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uvalde is a SMALL town.  That entire police dept will be changed out completely in 2 years.  The chief is out of a job.

Some of those kids who bled out might have been saved.  

Spot on analysis.  See my sig line.

The perception that the cops were a bunch of lily-livered cowards that opted to protect their tiny gonads rather than save precious little children has already gone viral.  EVEN IF it turns out that the perception is in error, it's too late.  I suspect the police force(s) anywhere near that little town will lose officers over this.  Others will become alcoholics and drug abusers.  Some may even commit suicide.  At worst  you may see some unhinged people target off-duty officers anywhere you care to name because of this.

It's an ugly gift that's going to unfortunately keep on giving.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

8nBAIT

View Quote

Username fits
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#31]
FUCKING COWARDS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

~70 pounds.

From your bling, I bet that you could have carried that at 18.
View Quote

I was a bean pole at 18. MAYBE 150 lbs. I could have carried that no problem.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Spot on analysis.  See my sig line.

The perception that the cops were a bunch of lily-livered cowards that opted to protect their tiny gonads rather than save precious little children has already gone viral.  EVEN IF it turns out that the perception is in error, it's too late.  I suspect the police force(s) anywhere near that little town will lose officers over this.  Others will become alcoholics and drug abusers.  Some may even commit suicide.  At worst  you may see some unhinged people target off-duty officers anywhere you care to name because of this.

It's an ugly gift that's going to unfortunately keep on giving.

View Quote

IMHO this allowed massacre is 100 times worse than George Floyd. In that incident you had a cop and a criminal interaction go horribly sideways in so many ways.
But this situation the local cops just sat there and  let their own children get slaughtered.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

8nBAIT
View Quote

Just wait until we get the time the 911 call from his shot grandmother came in, and the call from his online gaming buddy to the FBI.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet they will still get to pay their taxes.  Maybe some of the officers will leave with a tax free disability retirement out of the deal.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

They have no duty to protect, only enforce.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We expect 18 and 19 year olds to change enemy machine guns if needed but these cowards wouldn't go in to save their own town's small children.

And restrict...

...as in restrict the parents and others from attempting to subdue him or help the kids
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people evidently agree.

EXCLUSIVE: Uvalde Police Officers Receiving Death Threats After Texas School Shooting

That took long. They are the real victims.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And restrict...

...as in restrict the parents and others from attempting to subdue him or help the kids
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We expect 18 and 19 year olds to change enemy machine guns if needed but these cowards wouldn't go in to save their own town's small children.

And restrict...

To be fair, they only used tasers and cuffs on the parents. Admirable restraint.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Is this that "smile and wave" police work I keep hearing about?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I assume the 30 he carried with him were also in a backpack?
I'm struggling to figure out how to carry 30 mags on my person, without a pack.
View Quote

^^^^ This ^^^^

I don't LARP, but as an old man, I have a chest rig in the closet with 6 mags in it. Fairly bulky for me, but I'm sure I could pull that off if I needed to get out quickly.

5 times that many?  He seemed pretty slight of frame. I can't imagine how he'd carry that away from his truck over fences, through doors all the while managing his rifle?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Hard to imagine how the decision could have been made that the shooter was no longer a threat to children when he was barricaded in a classroom.

Did they think he was in an empty room and simply didn't know there was an adjoining room that was not empty?

There were NINETEEN cops in the hallway outside, there HAS to be a reason why the decision was made not to go in.  I'm struggling to think through this calmly and rationally.  

I just can't believe that 19 cops including BORTAC agents would leave kids to die, in Texas of all places.  There has to be a reason.  In hindsight it obviously was the wrong reason.  Obviously is it a horrible tragedy and terrible mistakes were made, and I hope if negligence is found that those responsible will be punished severely.

It is likely that most of the fatalities happened in a matter of minutes; their inaction may not have mattered but their perceived lack of response absolutely matters.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I was really hoping this wasn’t true when I read the first rumors because I’m skeptical of everything I read.

Calls for help from kids inside the school. Damn.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#43]
What I would like to know is if there is any truth from reading on another thread in GD about some LEOs entering the school and rescuing their own children and GTFO.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Calls for help from kids inside the school. Damn.
View Quote

Yeah.  My God.  This is going to become the 9/11 of the 2020's.  I don't think I'm exaggerating, unless something worse happens.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just wait until we get the time the 911 call from his shot grandmother came in, and the call from his online gaming buddy to the FBI.
View Quote

Wait for the children's phones calls to be released.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

And NEVER forget this.   They only enforce when they want also.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do we have facts on how many were killed after the police arrived and could have had the opportunity to stop additional killings?

I can’t imagine they hung out in the hall while he was blasting away in a classroom. I know it would be impossible for many cops to not go in if shots were being fired in there and they had the gear to do something.
View Quote

All of them.  Police were on scene before the shooter entered the school.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I think I'm going to stop reading all Uvalde news until next week. I can feel my blood pressure going way up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#49]
11:27 a.m., Tuesday: A teacher propped open an exterior door of Robb Elementary, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

11:33 a.m.: Ramos walked into the school through the door that was propped open.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
11:27 a.m., Tuesday: A teacher propped open an exterior door of Robb Elementary, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

11:33 a.m.: Ramos walked into the school through the door that was propped open.
View Quote

And that teacher's career is over in 3....2.....1....
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top