Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Forced Option Rapid Destruction
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The current generation Ranger has a 2.3L, not the same as the 2.7L.

...and from a quick Google, no MY Ford Ranger has ever had a 2.7L.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 2.7 in the Ranger I had was a POS and developed a horrible buzz sound on any throttle application and you could hear metal scraping metal somewhere inside. This was 2k miles on it. I took it in they told me it's just a normal characteristic of the engine. And it's the "high pressure fuel injectors working"

The current generation Ranger has a 2.3L, not the same as the 2.7L.

...and from a quick Google, no MY Ford Ranger has ever had a 2.7L.

Came to post this. Before spouting off at the mouth about something knowing what you are talking about is helpful.

This has been found to be limited to a batch of motors. And ford is covering it to the best of their ability. And yes the ticking you hear is the direct injection. Car in my avatar does the same thing as well as all the direct injection motors.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Lots of reports of Broncos being delivered damaged from transport. Lots of electrical issues. Seems the rollout of the new Bronco has been a compete disaster for Ford.
View Quote

Further proof they should have abandoned the Bronco Sport and put all their eggs in the Bronco basket.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be pissed.

Enjoying the shit out of the old boomer tech in my 4.0 liter V6 in the 4Runner. At least Honda makes a decent turbo 4 banger in the 2 liter variety.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Further proof they should have abandoned the Bronco Sport and put all their eggs in the Bronco basket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of reports of Broncos being delivered damaged from transport. Lots of electrical issues. Seems the rollout of the new Bronco has been a compete disaster for Ford.

And the relationship between those two is what, exactly?

The Bronco Sport is on a completely different platform, it was almost certainly designed by a completely different team, and it's built in a completely different facility.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My buddy is going through the cam phaser clusterfuck on his F-150 right now. The solenoid failed at the beginning of an 1800-mile road trip.
View Quote

Who in their right mind would voluntarily drive a Ford 1800 miles? And expect it to make it that far? WTF?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Bronco Sport is on a completely different platform, it was almost certainly designed by a completely different team, and it's built in a completely different facility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wasted corporate resources on a product nobody gives a shit about in a market segment saturated with wheeled appliances instead of focusing on a product everyone gives a shit about in a market segment that’s been begging for competition for true competition for decades.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They wasted corporate resources on a product nobody gives a shit about in a market segment saturated with wheeled appliances instead of focusing on a product everyone gives a shit about in a market segment that's been begging for competition for true competition for decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wasted corporate resources on a product nobody gives a shit about in a market segment saturated with wheeled appliances instead of focusing on a product everyone gives a shit about in a market segment that's been begging for competition for true competition for decades.
Ford sold over 100k bronco sports last year. Lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Justin Bieber has sold millions of albums.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
So companies shouldn't use their resources to make things that will sell well? Lol.

The Bronco Sport is a great update to the Escape it's based on and fairly competent off road for about the 99th percentile of people. But yes keep being butt hurt.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

The Bronco Sport is a HOT product in a growing segment of the market.

There are a lot of granola munching active lifestyle types, dog owners, rural types, and people in general that want something with a rugged interior, decent capability on crap surfaces, and that doesn't cost $50k+ or get 15 MPG.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So companies shouldn't use their resources to make things that will sell well? Lol.

The Bronco Sport is a great update to the Escape it's based on and fairly competent off road for about the 99th percentile of people. But yes keep being butt hurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

aNyOnE wHo rEfUtEs Me Is BuTtHuRt

Jeep sells over 200,000 Wranglers a year with ZERO competition, that’s the market Ford should be focusing on. Instead they’re letting the Bronco flounder with problem after problem and the only thing driving sales at this point is the fact that it’s the new kid on the block.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My buddy is going through the cam phaser clusterfuck on his F-150 right now. The solenoid failed at the beginning of an 1800-mile road trip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well it's a Ford and they have a pretty good history of having issues with their boosted engines.

Good luck.  What revision on the parts are they up to now?  None of the "fixes" last.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife's hasn't yet. First day reservation, received August 6th. About 6k miles on it so far.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/185965/33986_jpeg-2398615.JPG
View Quote

Can't believe you just put that out in the universe. Tell wife to put some walking shoes in the Bronco and stay within cell distance LOL.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No replacement for displacement. Just say'n.
View Quote

Amen Brother!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Jeep sells over 200,000 Wranglers a year with ZERO competition, that’s the market Ford should be focusing on. Instead they’re letting the Bronco flounder with problem after problem and the only thing driving sales at this point is the fact that it’s the new kid on the block.
View Quote

Flounder? Please explain how having enough orders to have sales out a year from now is letting it flounder. And initial reports are everyone is loving the bronco.

EVERYONE is having supply issues. They know there is a problem with a limited number of builds and they are fixing them. What more should ford do?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's not pretend that it's business as usual and the Bronco's problems exist in a vacuum.

The industry in general has been on a rough ride, and Ford in particular is struggling with supply issues, labor issues, and all the other nonsense going on these days. The F-150 is their bread and butter product that has single-handedly paid their bills for the last 50 years, and Ford is having all kinds of problems getting those built and delivered.

And again... what resource should Ford be diverting from Bronco Sport to Bronco, and how would that help?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#20]
The f150 was Ford's most dependable and best selling vehicle for many years.
Ford was supposed to base the full size Bronco on a shortened version of the F150.
What they put out was totally different from the reliable F150 based design.
Plus the Covid didn't help with the rollout either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:50:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The f150 was Ford's most dependable and best selling vehicle for many years.
Ford was supposed to base the full size Bronco on a shortened version of the F150.
What they put out was totally different from the reliable F150 based design.
Plus the Covid didn't help with the rollout either.
View Quote

“Was supposed to” was only backed by rumors started from magazines who profit off of wishful thinking. It was the same places that posted year after year after year that the Raptor was going to ditch the v6 any day now and people bought it up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#22]
These were bad valves coming from a specific date range with early builds that has long since been rectified. I take delivery of a 2.7 Bronco next month and have zero concerns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What electrical issues? I've been a regular on the Bronco boards and have never seen any electrical issues. If it is it has to be EXTREMELY isolated cases.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Shit happens. Pretty much every manufacturer has had an issue like this at some point.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Went used car shopping in Feb, every used car lot we went to had the new model broncos (bronci?) in it. I was surprised as they are so new. This was in Tyler, TX.
Seemed odd to me, them being such a new model and already at the buy it, pay it here, places.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#26]
This has been a big deal on the Ford forums. Seems they figured out pretty quickly it was a bad batch of poorly heat-treated valves. My 2.3 Ranger has been perfect for 99k miles. I decided to install a catch can about 1000 miles ago because friends who build Ecoboost cars suggested it. Barely a film in the can in that time. I am very pleased with my Ranger.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#27]
The Ford Bronco Sport is made in Mexico and shit.  The Basic Bronco is made in Michigan and is better made.  Who would you rather put together your new car?  Mexicans making $7 a day or Americans making north of $25-30 per hour?

No One is Telling You the Truth About the New Ford Bronco, So I Have to
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:34:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Went used car shopping in Feb, every used car lot we went to had the new model broncos (bronci?) in it. I was surprised as they are so new. This was in Tyler, TX.
Seemed odd to me, them being such a new model and already at the buy it, pay it here, places.
View Quote

Used lots are paying extra for C8 Corvettes, Gladiators and Broncos as come-ons to get you into their lots.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
well it's a Ford and they have a pretty good history of having issues with their boosted engines.
View Quote

.and everything else.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Found On Road Dead
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no clue what you're talking about...Bronco Sport is selling like hotcakes and Bronco is sold out probably through next model year, lol. Don't ever run a business.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#32]
I think we will find in a few years that many products from many companies, but perhaps especially cars, made in a large window of time (probably still ongoing) after labor and supply chain disruptions due to covid fucked over everything have statistically significantly increased failure rates and overall quality issues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Ops
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Chevrolet ever figure out there rodents eating the wiring harness issues? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It was a supplier problem in a specified date range of engines, not a hit or miss issue.
View Quote

Yeh, they always blame it on "the supplier".

Apparently, nobody does incoming QC any more.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#36]
56K trouble free miles with mine before I traded it in. 49k of those miles were tuned and me with a very heavy foot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
7000 miles is about time for a new one anyways. The '23s have heated and cooled power memory cup holders! Makes the current models virtually useless.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a supplier problem in a specified date range of engines, not a hit or miss issue.

Wait--you expect car manufacturers to test the heat treat of engine parts they order? Not asking sarcastically. What company do you think does that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#39]
This is why I had my wife dump her ecoboost escape for a rav4.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Ford Bronco Sport is made in Mexico and shit.  The Basic Bronco is made in Michigan and is better made.  Who would you rather put together your new car?  Mexicans making $7 a day or Americans making north of $25-30 per hour?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hmg7vfAmWo
View Quote

I have heard some qc stuff on the maverick made down there as well, but on the other hand the Tacoma is being made in Mexico now and those NEVER have any issues

Still though the issues on the new vehicles across multiple manufacturers sucks.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wait--you expect car manufacturers to test the heat treat of engine parts they order? Not asking sarcastically. What company do you think does that?
View Quote

My thought too.
I outsource all of our heat treating. Upon receiving the parts back I get a certification report showing that the vendor tested the parts within spec. Company as big as ford would have to have a crew of people just testing incoming parts to be within spec. That is not realistic. You have to trust your suppliers to some degree.
I question if the real issue was a spec being called out incorrectly on an engineering drawing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:03:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have heard some qc stuff on the maverick made down there as well, but on the other hand the Tacoma is being made in Mexico now and those NEVER have any issues

Still though the issues on the new vehicles across multiple manufacturers sucks.
View Quote

Manufacturers are going the wrong direction with engines.  Smaller turbo engines with and without direct injection simply wear out faster than conventional engines.  Of course, outside of Toyota and Honda, I think that manufacturers build "planned obsolescence" into their vehicles to force people to buy new vehicles again.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typically, you pull a few parts out of a shipment, and test them to destruction.

If they fail long before they should, they're examined to determine how they failed.

If they failed due to improper heat treatment - then the entire batch gets sent back to the supplier.

Small mom-and-pop outfits may not have the staff or facilities to do this - but the fifth-largest auto manufacturer in the world does.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but it literally is a fucking Bronco
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Bronco"

My ass it's a Bronco

Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but it literally is a fucking Bronco

no it's a little gay suv that man sized folks won't fit in that is a disgrace to the 80s ones

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What electrical issues? I've been a regular on the Bronco boards and have never seen any electrical issues. If it is it has to be EXTREMELY isolated cases.
View Quote

Nope. Just a casual search on 6R will show many threads of electrical issues.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, it's the Bronco III, so what do you expect?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
What manufacturer of any component, device, or system would spec a critical requirement such as heat treat/hardness and then not implement any sort of process or control to verify and validate that requirement?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

no it's a little gay suv that man sized folks won't fit in that is a disgrace to the 80s ones

View Quote

Bud if you are too fat to fit in a vehicle that’s on you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Focused On Repeated Disassembly
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Eh, I had an 11 F150 with the first year EcoBoost in it. Plugs was the only thing I did to it from 65,000 when I got it to 250,000 when it got totaled in a wreck.
View Quote

hehe this.  I always love these threads.  We've put hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles on our ecoboosts.  They are great motors.   But muh uncle leroy had to git a new mooootor!!!!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top