Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont really have a dog in this fight but i know I would be pissed if I couldn't hunt in my state so some people who don't care anything about the place can come in and hunt from 1000 miles away
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont really have a dog in this fight but i know I would be pissed if I couldn't hunt in my state so some people who don't care anything about the place can come in and hunt from 1000 miles away
View Quote

In the case of MT, they absolutely can hunt their own state. They can go buy a general tag at any time and hunt millions of public acres, much of which is federally owned. They're pissed they have to share federal and state owned public land with other people not from their state. That same tag they can buy over the counter I may have to wait 3 years to get.

Heres my compromise. Non residents get to only hunt federally owned public land(after all, it's all of ours) and private with permission.  Residents can hunt all state owned lands and only have to share that land with other residents. They can also hunt federal land with the lepers(non residents) or private with permission. But we all pay the same price for tags. Number of tags doesn't change. It just gets cheaper for non residents and more expensive for residents. After all, they get to hunt land exclusively with other residents that all the non residents can't hunt anymore.

Fair deal?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did those elk you saw look like these “non-resident” elk?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64501/F7BCDC49-6A9A-41CA-AFF6-0A4C01AB0516_jpe-2399037.JPG
View Quote

Nah they looked like this…Attachment Attached File

And more importantly like this…
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The idea that non-resident hunters are responsible for residents not getting tags or for residents lack of success is a fricking joke. There isn't a state out there that residents don't already get the VAST MAJORITY of tags (as they should!) and yet somehow curtailing the 10 or 20% of tags that NR's actually have a shot at would fix it all?? Wake up, it's not 1980!

Here's a novel idea, take responsibility for your own success! Stop pointing fingers at the big bad non-residents and take a look in the fricking mirror!

I hunt OTC or no point units every year that I'm continually told by residents are all but unhuntable due to crowding and lack of animals but somehow seem to get into animals every year without a problem. Residents bitch about not being able to draw tags, guess what, a resident could have drawn or purchased over the counter every single tag I've ever hunted if they wanted it.

Yes, I'll run into other hunters sometimes but it's never been an issue and its rare. Meanwhile, almost every resident hunter I see is driving around or set up in their huge roadside camp bitching about how there are no more animals around and everything's been ruined. How about change the spot/unit you've been hunting for the last 20 years! Do you think the habitat in the area is the same as it was when you started? There are millions of acres to hunt in every state get off your lazy entitled ass and find a better spot. Maybe hike further than 500 yds from the road? But wait, I guess that would take some actual effort so better off to just stay at the old family camp and drink another case of bud light.....just like last year....."fuckin non residents ruin everything".
View Quote

This has been my EXACT experience.

Unfortunately the DIY NR tags are low hanging fruit with very little political sway. Good management is a lot more difficult, which is going to get a lot harder when all that NR cash goes away.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread DELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

True but that’s not really what’s happening with OP and I don’t think he deserved the dog pile he received.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m 3 weeks in waiting on a check from Progressive
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:16:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Great, send me a refund check for all the money I’ve paid for your precious public federal land, then an exemption for future payments.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.  We don't want you here.

Sorry, not sorry.  Stay the fuck out and let the MT residents have their state back.

As a former WY resident too, stay out there as well.

Great, send me a refund check for all the money I’ve paid for your precious public federal land, then an exemption for future payments.

Sure thing! It's in the mail.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This has been my EXACT experience.

Unfortunately the DIY NR tags are low hanging fruit with very little political sway. Good management is a lot more difficult, which is going to get a lot harder when all that NR cash goes away.
View Quote

Bingo! NR's are the easy scapegoat for politicians to use to placate residents without fear of losing votes.

What's really sickening is the little bit of political pressure that politicians get from the NR side has been coming from outfitters who use it to carve out outfitter tag allocations for NR's and further squeeze out the DIY guy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#12]
@BuckeyeRifleman…I haven’t got my MT no-draw refund check either.

As a 10-yr MT resident, I am pretty ashamed of the responses you got from folks right out of the gate.  I didn’t like how things are getting crowded either.  But the self-guided, seasoned outdoorsman on forums like this aren’t the people to be dicks to.  My beef was with the good-old-boy giveaway of Guaranteed Tags to the Outfitters.  Those are the folks that lock up the prime real estate and chauffeur around corporate lawyers from NYC so they can take a few shots at a 7x7 bull that most of us will never see.

I get it, MT is getting crowded.  More places have No Hunting signs going up.  Californians are moving in like crazy.  But it isn’t the 2nd amendment supporting folks on this forum that need to be told to f@ck off when they pay through the nose at a slim chance to come hunt some National Forest in your great state.  Your wildlife management program is supported by these folks and their wallet.

ETA: I write that big check every year so I can go back to MT and hunt with my life-long resident friends.  In years I don’t get an elk tag, I tag along anyway.  Get a bird license.  Maybe an OTC WT doe tag…
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As a 10-yr MT resident, I am pretty ashamed of the responses you got from folks right out of the gate.  I didn’t like how things are getting crowded either.  But the self-guided, seasoned outdoorsman on forums like this aren’t the people to be dicks to.  My beef was with the good-old-boy giveaway of Guaranteed Tags to the Outfitters.  Those are the folks that lock up the prime real estate and chauffeur around corporate lawyers from NYC so they can take a few shots at a 7x7 bull that most of us will never see.

I get it, MT is getting crowded.  More places have No Hunting signs going up.  Californians are moving in like crazy.  But it isn’t the 2nd amendment supporting folks on this forum that need to be told to f@ck off when they pay through the nose at a slim chance to come hunt some National Forest in your great state.  Your wildlife management program is supported by these folks and their wallet.

ETA: I write that big check every year so I can go back to MT and hunt with my life-long resident friends.  In years I don’t get an elk tag, I tag along anyway.  Get a bird license.  Maybe an OTC WT doe tag…
View Quote

A fucking men. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I sent an email to every Montana state rep last year opposing the recent changes to the nonresident draw allowing outfitted clients to buy two points going into the draw. I called it what it was, outfitter welfare.

All those Republicans who claim to hate welfare didn’t care and voted for it anyway. Not that I as a nonresident had any sway to begin with, despite buying about $3000 worth of tags in the state over the last three years.

Gotta keep those wealthy out of staters that can afford an outfitter every year happy I guess.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Just wait, charge back a government agency and they'll never take your credit card again.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nailed it.

Also, some of those “outfitters” pull some shady things, like hazing elk off of surrounding public land down onto their property so their guests can step out of a truck in the morning and shoot one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sorry, not sorry.  Stay the fuck out and let the MT residents have their state back.

View Quote

This and the others like it make no sense.   NR hunters aren't coming to live there and are vastly more likely to be the kind of people you'd want if they did.

Plus, aren't resident tags OTC? If not, the price is so cheap it's not much of a factor.  Multiply the small NR hunter numbers by the lower NR success rate and it's still a minor factor.

The problem with most Western hunting is that a lot of the public land either has low game population or is difficult (or impossible) to access.  MT has a noticeable class system: people who own or can access large tracts of bottom land and those who don't/can't.  

The have nots mistakenly believe out-of-staters create their woes but they are wrong.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

HAHAHAHA

Complains about out of staters

Is from out of state

God, I love this place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
But the self-guided, seasoned outdoorsman on forums like this aren’t the people to be dicks to.  My beef was with the good-old-boy giveaway of Guaranteed Tags to the Outfitters.  Those are the folks that lock up the prime real estate and chauffeur around corporate lawyers from NYC so they can take a few shots at a 7x7 bull that most of us will never see.
View Quote

Yeah, this is the problem.

You can say, "well there's plenty of public land to hunt" and there is. But for individual hunters, the odds of filling a tag on public land are lower than they were 40 years ago when I started hunting.  Elk migration patterns are different.... big herds tend to collect on private lands because there's less pressure, and big private landowners often have the type of habitat that elk like to move into in the late fall (e.g. willow creek bottoms surrounded by rolling sagebrush with thick timber pockets close by, etc.).    Really good public hunting areas are managed with an emphasis on outfitter tags, because those guys have clout in the legislature and let's face it - they tend to bring in more $$$ than the self-guided non-resident guys like the OP.
And - there's a just a lot more hunters out and about, whether it's on a closed road 1/2 mile behind a gate, or 20 miles back up in the wilderness.

IMHO we need to push the general rifle hunting season a week or two later. Lots of guys like me tend to hunt areas where the elk come down out of the high country as the snow falls and the weather change. But any more, that's happening later in the year, like around the 1st of December - right after the season closes. My view is that moving the season will bring about a more predictable harvest (with higher success for some hunters). If harvest numbers end up too high in an area, then it can be managed accordingly.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Also, some of those “outfitters” pull some shady things, like hazing elk off of surrounding public land down onto their property so their guests can step out of a truck in the morning and shoot one.
View Quote

Or putting out dozens of game cameras so you can track individual animals all year.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow.  Just wow.

That is all I will say to not violate the CoC.  

OP, I understand your frustrations and it's valid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I sent an email to every Montana state rep last year opposing the recent changes to the nonresident draw allowing outfitted clients to buy two points going into the draw. I called it what it was, outfitter welfare.

All those Republicans who claim to hate welfare didn’t care and voted for it anyway. Not that I as a nonresident had any sway to begin with, despite buying about $3000 worth of tags in the state over the last three years.

Gotta keep those wealthy out of staters that can afford an outfitter every year happy I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe one of these days they will get it right.  When I first got to MT, outfitters got guaranteed tags.  With the advent of it the internet, folks hearing about this critter called an “elk”, and all the hunting shows on cable and YouTube, it got out of hand.  The Outfitters locked down EVERYTHING.  Resident and self-guide Non-Residents got so fed up that the State and Fish and Wildlife had a mutiny on their hands.  So, they did away with the guaranteed tags and said out of staters would have to get a tag in the lottery like everyone else BEFORE getting an outfitter.  As such, the Outfitting business cratered.  So of course they started the politicking and palm-greasing and here we are again….
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Bingo! NR's are the easy scapegoat for politicians to use to placate residents without fear of losing votes.

What's really sickening is the little bit of political pressure that politicians get from the NR side has been coming from outfitters who use it to carve out outfitter tag allocations for NR's and further squeeze out the DIY guy.
View Quote

Kind of like any "white tail" hot spots. Out of state consortiums/"hunt clubs" buy up leases.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This and the others like it make no sense.   NR hunters aren't coming to live there and are vastly more likely to be the kind of people you'd want if they did.

Plus, aren't resident tags OTC? If not, the price is so cheap it's not much of a factor.  Multiply the small NR hunter numbers by the lower NR success rate and it's still a minor factor.

The problem with most Western hunting is that a lot of the public land either has low game population or is difficult (or impossible) to access.  MT has a noticeable class system: people who own or can access large tracts of bottom land and those who don't/can't.  

The have nots mistakenly believe out-of-staters create their woes but they are wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wilks Brothers.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys should really take up Arkansas duck hunting.  

It’s really peaceful and friendly.  

It’s not like they call duck season the “season of hate” or anything…and nobody shoots at you in the dark and drives off…or stabs all your tires…or loosens the lug nuts on your boat trailer…or steals drain plugs out of all the boats at hotels…or smashes your windows while you are parked at a public boat ramp…or have 12 grown men violently assembled a couple of teenagers who dared be in. “Their” public land spot before they arrived…or get to meet “hole runners” whose job it is to speed to all the known hunting spots and block them, often not even hunting them.  

It’s awesome.  I once had a truckload of drunk idiots at 4am try to fight me on a boat ramp because I “wasn’t from round there”…as I was from a neighboring county 45 min away and these were their ducks…

I am no fan of government licensing, but I think American hunters would have a better experience if we adopted a much harder hunter safety course with game wardens doing real checks for sobriety, behavior, gun safety, trespassing, and so on.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:17:38 PM EDT
[#25]
There's definitely bad apples in every state... MT hunters are generally pretty good but we definitely have a small number of miscreants.

Assuming the OP is an ethical dude who respects the land and wildlife, I'd much rather hunt with his Ohioan ass any day, than any of the various local dipshits I see each season.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Or putting out dozens of game cameras so you can track individual animals all year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

I know of one ranch where the foreman bought a DJI drone so that he could "inspect fence line".

Coincidentally, the ranch has an exclusive deal with an outfitter who brings in rich guys from CO and TX.

It's against the law to use aircraft or electronics devices to spot or harass game, of course. But if the guy's 'inspecting the fence line' and just happens to pass over a herd of elk, oh well....

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You guys should really take up Arkansas duck hunting.  

It’s really peaceful and friendly.  

It’s not like they call duck season the “season of hate” or anything…and nobody shoots at you in the dark and drives off…or stabs all your tires…or loosens the lug nuts on your boat trailer…or steals drain plugs out of all the boats at hotels…or smashes your windows while you are parked at a public boat ramp…or have 12 grown men violently assembled a couple of teenagers who dared be in. “Their” public land spot before they arrived…or get to meet “hole runners” whose job it is to speed to all the known hunting spots and block them, often not even hunting them.  

It’s awesome.  I once had a truckload of drunk idiots at 4am try to fight me on a boat ramp because I “wasn’t from round there”…as I was from a neighboring county 45 min away and these were their ducks…

I am no fan of government licensing, but I think American hunters would have a better experience if we adopted a much harder hunter safety course with game wardens doing real checks for sobriety, behavior, gun safety, trespassing, and so on.
View Quote

Okay, now we’re getting to the heart of the matter….too many damn people in the United States.  Been to one of our National Parks lately?  You have to make reservations and wait in line to get in, if you can get in.  Article on FOXNews about it today matter of fact.  Yet, we’re importing 10+ million folks every year now and FJB doing his best to set records (don’t get me started, I built Trump Wall).  Californians fleeing their state, driving up prices and crowding into AZ, NV, UT, ID, MT and WY.  At this rate, it won’t matter whether you are Resident or NR, their won’t be open land to hunt or visit ANYWHERE.  We are watching that fundamental part of life in America disappear….
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Wow......is this one of those big bulls you were blowing about earlier in this rant. Got news for you I've shot a 7x6, 6x6, 6x5 & a bunch of rag horn bulls. I'm having a hard time seeing the rack on this one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#29]
People who spend $1k plus for an elk tag are registered retards
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Can’t be worst than the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks. They sold 22,000 Non-Resident deer tags this year.

Our deer herd is being destroyed, as are most of our other game animals like turkeys, waterfowl, quail and pheasants. It’s all about the money.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was for deer and elk. Yeah it ain’t cheap, but if you like hunting elk in the mountains, and you live in a place without elk or mountains, it’s the game you play.

It all goes to wildlife, maybe a mismanaged wildlife agency at that, but it’s what I tell myself to feel better about it.

Bottom line there are worse ways to waste money. That said it’s not as bad when you actually get the tag.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe one of these days they will get it right.  When I first got to MT, outfitters got guaranteed tags.  With the advent of it the internet, folks hearing about this critter called an “elk”, and all the hunting shows on cable and YouTube, it got out of hand.  The Outfitters locked down EVERYTHING.  Resident and self-guide Non-Residents got so fed up that the State and Fish and Wildlife had a mutiny on their hands.  So, they did away with the guaranteed tags and said out of staters would have to get a tag in the lottery like everyone else BEFORE getting an outfitter.  As such, the Outfitting business cratered.  So of course they started the politicking and palm-greasing and here we are again….
View Quote

Yup, it’s sad that Montanans already voted down outfitter welfare via ballot initiative once, only to have the legislature pass it again.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That was for deer and elk. Yeah it ain't cheap, but if you like hunting elk in the mountains, and you live in a place without elk or mountains, it's the game you play.

It all goes to wildlife, maybe a mismanaged wildlife agency at that, but it's what I tell myself to feel better about it.

Bottom line there are worse ways to waste money. That said it's not as bad when you actually get the tag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was for deer and elk. Yeah it ain't cheap, but if you like hunting elk in the mountains, and you live in a place without elk or mountains, it's the game you play.

It all goes to wildlife, maybe a mismanaged wildlife agency at that, but it's what I tell myself to feel better about it.

Bottom line there are worse ways to waste money. That said it's not as bad when you actually get the tag.

No elk tags in texas.
Free game
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Do you all have this same attitude for folks from neighboring states during over the counter spring seasons?

My state is one of the few where residents get no preferential  treatment in draws (other than a lower cost anyway). That contributes to our odds for anything good being absolute shit, even for people with a lot of points. Thankfully the fact that our department is worse than any of the others mentioned in the thread means that we don't get as many nonresident hunters as some of the other states in the region. And then we have our shitty outright anti hunting wildlife commission to fuck it up even more.
View Quote

No kidding. It’s truly remarkable how one state agency can be as incompetent as the WDFW.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#35]
With all due respect, fuck Outfitters and States that require them. It's nothing more than extortion. And tags should be the same price for everybody. No special snowflake seasons for gimps or youths either. Just hunt!
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:15:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
With all due respect, fuck Outfitters and States that require them. It's nothing more than extortion. And tags should be the same price for everybody. No special snowflake seasons for gimps or youths either. Just hunt!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol. Fuck paying 1k for an elk tag when I can just kill it and grill it for nearly free here.
No tag.

I say nearly free because its a decent haul for me to ge there
View Quote

Where do you have Elk in Texas?  Do your Elk die like your whitetails when it gets a little chilly?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Where do you have Elk in Texas?  Do your Elk die like your whitetails when it gets a little chilly?
View Quote

West texas.
And yes probably. When it starts getting a little chilly outside, its deer season
Although elk here, there is no season
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That’s why the Wyoming wilderness rule pisses me off so much. I’m ok with nonresident tags being limited or expensive, it keeps the experience the way it should be. But having to hire a guide to hunt federal land is absolute horseshit. WY should lose their federal PR wildlife funds over it.
View Quote

I understand feeling that way, because part of me does as well, but when you hear about the cost & frequency of people who thought they could handle it needing to be rescued off a mountain then it kinda makes sense.

The cost of that has to be covered somehow, and I'm guessing more than a few of the people getting rescued couldn't afford it. Safer/cheaper/easier to force babysitters on everyone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Holy Shit.....

the number of jerks in this thread makes me ashamed to be a lifelong hunter.

I have hunted all over America for the last 34 years.  I really hope I don't ever meet people as unpleasant as the ones in this thread.

We are way better sticking together to ensure that the rights/access that we have is maintained rather than infighting
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

No shit. This thread is pathetic coming from the hunting community.

New Mexico has amazing hunting opportunities. I’ll welcome any out of state hunter to my state with open arms as long as they treat the land and the hunt with respect and don't leave trash or ruin anything.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The tears in this thread have inspired me to plan a hunting trip to MT.

View Quote

Group buy?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm more pissed off that I only get a tag every other year. I miss the days of buying A tags as surplus OTC.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I understand feeling that way, because part of me does as well, but when you hear about the cost & frequency of people who thought they could handle it needing to be rescued off a mountain then it kinda makes sense.

The cost of that has to be covered somehow, and I'm guessing more than a few of the people getting rescued couldn't afford it. Safer/cheaper/easier to force babysitters on everyone.
View Quote

Absolutely bullshit.
WY is the only state that you "need" an outfitter for wilderness areas.
Wilderness areas exist in several other states.
People aren't hitting the SOS button out there any more often.
That WY outfitter rule is just bullshit.
I break it every chance I get.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Catwithnewspaper.jpg

I need to go on an elk hunt out west.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Absolutely bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely bullshit.

Crony Capitalism is a thing...in WY...by outfitters
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

West texas.
And yes probably. When it starts getting a little chilly outside, its deer season
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

West texas.

To clarify, you can hunt elk year round in Texas and there is no bag limit.
Friend of mine caught one on a game camera in San Saba, TX.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:17:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Best Hunting

Seriously, you will never look at hunting the same.  I lost interest in 99% of US hunting after my first time.  Packages are cheap too, just look at AH forum for deals.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've had some very enjoyable days on public land. It's just that, in the end, the whole system gets convoluted and isn't 'fair'. At the end of the day I'd rather pay a rancher for access to good hunting.

Also, as others have mentioned, going to Africa looks better every day.

Best Hunting

Seriously, you will never look at hunting the same.  I lost interest in 99% of US hunting after my first time.  Packages are cheap too, just look at AH forum for deals.
Tag for when I check my lottery tickets.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

West texas.
View Quote

Livestock?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Crony Capitalism is a thing...in WY...by outfitters
View Quote

It’s only gonna get worse. Apparently the Wyoming wilderness rule isn’t enough welfare to keep their industry afloat.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/wyoming-90-10-for-elk.265131/

Crony capitalism is exactly what it is….

As for the wilderness rule, your telling me an 18 year old girl from downtown Cheyenne who just completed hunter safety is ok to hunt the wilderness, but me, a guy with multiple DIY elk hunts under my belt, SERE-C trained, a paramedic, etc with an InReach in hand isn’t?

I’d love a chance to be the test case.

I’d support an effort to deny permits for every outfitter operating in wilderness areas until the law changes. Commercial activity in wilderness areas shouldn’t be happening anyway.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Idaho Fish and Game says "Hold my beer".
The most mismanaged incompetent piece of shit government shitshow that has been fucking wildlife and Idahoans since 1939.

View Quote
ODFW says "Hold my beer"
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top