Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
School shooting suspect’s grandfather: ‘It still hasn’t sunk in’ l ABC News
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw this floating around:

"Suspect killed Grandma then lead Uvalde PD on pursuit, wrecked in irrigation ditch and ran into school.

Suspect barricaded in a “two room classroom” and engaged LE continually through the windows of the class room. Suspect was consistently firing out of and inside class room.

BorTac responded and found classroom: couldn’t gain entrance because of steel door/steel frame/cinder block construction. Tried mechanical breaching but it would not work. Suspect engaged BorTac through the door and tried to shoot at them through the walls.

BorTac got a master key from a principal and then was able to make entry. #1 had rifle shield and took rounds in the shield, #2 killed suspect. Another BorTac took shrapnel and possibly grazed by rounds to neck/face.

Deceased children were in multiple piles. They think suspect might have made them all get into a corner and then shot into the crowd of them (maybe). They think total dead will be over 20."
View Quote

I'm wondering how much of this will be true.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shattering moment sheriff's deputy responding to Texas school massacre is told his daughter, 10, was killed just hours after she posed proudly with parents on receiving honor roll award

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58296853-10855273-image-m-3_1653536290855.jpg

Felix Rubio is snapped cradling his wife Kimberly after learning their daughter Lexi was among 10 children killed at Robb Elementary School in Texas Tuesday

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58293661-10855273-During_a_press_conference_following_the_shooting_Texas_Governor_-a-22_1653534090258.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58293473-10855273-Felix_and_Kimberly_Ramos_pictured_with_their_daughter_just_hours-a-25_1653534090260.jpg

Felix and Kimberly Ramos pictured with their daughter just hours before the shooting

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58296603-10855273-Lexi_s_mother_wrote_in_a_Facebook_post_My_sweet_Lexi_Love_of_my_-a-31_1653534090310.jpg

More
View Quote

Just… damn.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm wondering how much of this will be true.
View Quote

Sounds like someone with a rifle with an optic could have shot him if he was shooting out the windows, or someone could have run along the side of the building and breached/shot him through a window. None of that makes much sense. If you have a guy in a room with an exposed row of windows and you can't breach the door use the fucking windows for entry.

Eta: an entire group of people watched him wreck out. If he was part of a police chase someone would have probably mentioned that to the media by now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Uvalde, Texas (CNN)The gunman who killed 19 students and two teachers at a Texas elementary school Tuesday was on the premises for up to an hour before law enforcement forcibly entered a classroom and killed him, officials said Wednesday.
"It's going to be within, like 40 minutes or something, (within) an hour," Texas Department of Public Safety director Steven McCraw told CNN's Ed Lavandera at a news conference.
The 18-year-old shooter, Salvador Ramos, was in a standoff with law enforcement officers for about a half-hour after firing on students and teachers, Rep. Tony Gonzales, whose district includes Uvalde, told CNN's Jake Tapper, citing a briefing he was given.

"And then (the shooting) stops, and he barricades himself in. That's where there's kind of a lull in the action," Gonzales said. "All of it, I understand, lasted about an hour, but this is where there's kind of a 30-minute lull. They feel as if they've got him barricaded in. The rest of the students in the school are now leaving."..........

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/uvalde-texas-elementary-school-shooting-wednesday/index.html
View Quote

This might unfortunately turn into a repeat of Pulse.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Grandpa can't own guns? Interesting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:12:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The friend wasn't a cop.  I think he lived across the street from the school.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The friend is a useless piece of shit if he sat around telling people to 'stay back' while a gunman murdered children inside.

They can take their badge fetish and shove it.

The friend wasn't a cop.  I think he lived across the street from the school.

Apologies for misreading as your 'friend'.

The fucker certainly deserves to be shot in the gut and bleed out, though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shattering moment sheriff's deputy responding to Texas school massacre is told his daughter, 10, was killed just hours after she posed proudly with parents on receiving honor roll award

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58296853-10855273-image-m-3_1653536290855.jpg

Felix Rubio is snapped cradling his wife Kimberly after learning their daughter Lexi was among 10 children killed at Robb Elementary School in Texas Tuesday

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58293661-10855273-During_a_press_conference_following_the_shooting_Texas_Governor_-a-22_1653534090258.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58293473-10855273-Felix_and_Kimberly_Ramos_pictured_with_their_daughter_just_hours-a-25_1653534090260.jpg

Felix and Kimberly Ramos pictured with their daughter just hours before the shooting

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/26/04/58296603-10855273-Lexi_s_mother_wrote_in_a_Facebook_post_My_sweet_Lexi_Love_of_my_-a-31_1653534090310.jpg

More
View Quote

Some photos should not be taken. May those who trade in the misery of others rot in Hell.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#9]
(Removed, CoC-6 ~guns762)
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Oof

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I knew the deputy’s wife from my time working in Uvalde. Nice people.

The local funeral homes have offered to perform the services at no cost.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oof

View Quote

At least the useless tax-dollar leeches had cool tactical vests.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oof

View Quote

Fuck. I've done some mass casualty drills and you have to keep a perimeter for a whole host of reasons from possible secondary devices to preventing perps from leaving in a crowd to preventing destruction of a crime scene. That scene combined with reports that a gaggle of folks didn't make entry to kill the shooter come hell or high water though....fuck.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oof

The ultimate larp.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oof

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Cop has an M4, plate carrier & pistol and instead of doing something useful he's ready to tase any parents who interfere with the other 5 cops are subduing a dad who wouldn't take no for an answer.

I want to believe that's not possible.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fuck. I've done some mass casualty drills and you have to keep a perimeter for a whole host of reasons from possible secondary devices to preventing perps from leaving in a crowd to preventing destruction of a crime scene. That scene combined with reports that a gaggle of folks didn't make entry to kill the shooter come hell or high water though....fuck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oof

The problem with this perimeter is it sounds like all the cops were on perimeter duty.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cop has an M4, plate carrier & pistol and instead of doing something useful he's ready to tase any parents who interfere with the other 5 cops who are subduing a dad who wouldn't take no for an answer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oof

Cop has an M4, plate carrier & pistol and instead of doing something useful he's ready to tase any parents who interfere with the other 5 cops who are subduing a dad who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Were said parents respecting lawful orders!?

ACAB. Other than the awesome BP agent. But this is at least the second school shooting where we've seen LEO place their own well being over that of children.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The problem with this perimeter is it sounds like all the cops were on perimeter duty.
View Quote

It sounds bad, it looks bad, and I've read enough different stories from different sources that it probably is bad. I'm holding out hope that most people didn't interpret what they saw because they don't understand how a LE perimeter works and were in a considerable emotional state but the 30 minutes of not shooting the guy in the face just doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oof

View Quote

Damn.  Never thought I’d see that in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It sounds bad, it looks bad, and I've read enough different stories from different sources that it probably is bad. I'm holding out hope that most people didn't interpret what they saw because they don't understand how a LE perimeter works and were in a considerable emotional state but the 30 minutes of not shooting the guy in the face just doesn't look good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is Grade A bullshit. If you have enough tax leeches to form a 'LE Perimeter', then you have enough warm bodies to get in the school.

Stop excusing bureaucracy and cowardice.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#21]
It’s becoming pretty clear that “dial 911 and die” happened here.

Police are great at writing tickets, are tough when dealing with some drunk, but when the SHTF they routinely stand outside and wait to conduct investigations and paperwork.

The idea that civilians don’t need firearms and they should just call 911 and let the professionals handle it was debunked twice in a weeks time.

The average LEO is a paperwork shuffler, not a direct action expert.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That is Grade A bullshit. If you have enough tax leeches to form a 'LE Perimeter', then you have enough warm bodies to get in the school.

Stop excusing bureaucracy and cowardice.
View Quote

It's possible everything was already over when that video was taken. Sandy Hook had a perimeter for days after the shooting, as does any other major crime scene like this. I'm obviously not cheering for the response of LE as being reported, but I've seen first hand of both sides of the equation and final opinions can wait until we actually know what the hell happened.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Oof

View Quote

a tweet from a left wing, anti-gun, media hack?  so gulliable....
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:50:26 AM EDT
[#24]
The more comes out the more pissed off I get.

If that video is in context and I were one of those parents the death toll would have been higher.

It’s hard to understand context in videos like this because if it were an hour or two after if get it.

If it were during….
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:51:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It’s becoming pretty clear that “dial 911 and die” happened here.

Police are great at writing tickets, are tough when dealing with some drunk, but when the SHTF they routinely stand outside and wait to conduct investigations and paperwork.

The idea that civilians don’t need firearms and they should just call 911 and let the professionals handle it was debunked twice in a weeks time.

The average LEO is a paperwork shuffler, not a direct action expert.
View Quote

Tasking LE with a job better suited to a militia or counter terrorism type force is stupid. SROs should be shooters hoping to never have to flip the switch vs the last stop before the couch and fishing boat.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#27]
I was having this conversation with my buddy last night. I told him the reason I carry a gun is because cops don’t stop bad things from happening. They show up after it’s over and pick up the pieces and try to figure out what happened. I’m very pro law enforcement but the task of protecting myself and my family rests with me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That picture of the three of them tells the story of what's wrong with the nation if the quotes from the news story are true.

Mom puts all her effort into acting like she's still 17, partying and posting duck lip selfies on Facebook and Snapchat while proclaiming "my kids are the most important thing in my life".  Grandparents who don't have a clue what they did wrong with their kids and repeat the mistakes with more apathy on the grandkid.  That story is being repeated millions of times all over the US.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/25/20/58284573-0-image-m-45_1653507335903.jpg

Mother of Texas elementary school shooter claims her son, 18, was NOT a violent person but was a loner - as she keeps vigil at HER mother's side after he shot her in face at start of rampage

More

That picture of the three of them tells the story of what's wrong with the nation if the quotes from the news story are true.

Mom puts all her effort into acting like she's still 17, partying and posting duck lip selfies on Facebook and Snapchat while proclaiming "my kids are the most important thing in my life".  Grandparents who don't have a clue what they did wrong with their kids and repeat the mistakes with more apathy on the grandkid.  That story is being repeated millions of times all over the US.

There was a serial rapist/murderer here 15 years back (baseline rapist) that did all sorts of sick shit including young teenage girls. He's been convicted and is on death row. His wife is adamant that he is an angel and has never done anything wrong.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I was having this conversation with my buddy last night. I told him the reason I carry a gun is because cops don’t stop bad things from happening. They show up after it’s over and pick up the pieces and try to figure out what happened. I’m very pro law enforcement but the task of protecting myself and my family rests with me.
View Quote

Direct response can never be the mission of a reactive force. Outside of high risk warrant teams and a handful of other taskings LE is not geared towards anything but self preservation at best. Nor should they be. Direct action activities are not congruent with investigating crimes and community policing.

If only there was a provision in our Consitution for local military aged males to well regulate and arm themselves to be able to defend their community at a moment's notice....
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
AP with an article on the wait too

View Quote
Unreal.

Didn't this happen in Parkland?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:00:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Tasking LE with a job better suited to a militia or counter terrorism type force is stupid. SROs should be shooters hoping to never have to flip the switch vs the last stop before the couch and fishing boat.
View Quote

Totally agree about SRO’s. 300lb females as SRO’s or week men riding out their last days till retirement need to end.

If Biden or politicians wanted to truly act like they have a set, they should have said that anyone wearing body armor and a carrying a firearm walking towards a school will be shot on site, no questions asked. As a country we need to stop this weak ass bullshit and approach threats head on
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Direct response can never be the mission of a reactive force. Outside of high risk warrant teams and a handful of other taskings LE is not geared towards anything but self preservation at best. Nor should they be. Direct action activities are not congruent with investigating crimes and community policing.

If only there was a provision in our Consitution for local military aged males to well regulate and arm themselves to be able to defend their community at a moment's notice....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is cockless beta garbage. Any reasonable sane adult would risk their lives to save little kids, even if they didn’t have a great dental plan to do so.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

i have gotten some unofficial conversations today and honestly i am about as confused as everyone.

what i have been told, for what it's worth, was the sro engaged him in gunfire inside the facility and was wounded. i have also heard he engaged outside and continued inside so at this point who knows. none of that is sensitive info at this point.

the officers generally are not going to get interviewed for a statement for 24-48hrs so they may not have formal statements from those on the inside yet, who knows if they will release them or when.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@The_Beer_Slayer

Any detail/confirmation on whether the SRO was injured inside or outside?

In a nutshell;
A) was the earlier info inaccurate, and the SRO actually engaged the shooter outside, and was hit in the engagement but caused the shooter to drop the bag with extra ammo before the shooter entered the building?

Or

B) the SRO 'engaged' the shooter outside the building. No shots were fired at that time, but the shooter had dropped the ammo bag before entering the building. The SRO then reengaged the shooter inside the building where shots WERE exchanged and the SRO was injured?

i have gotten some unofficial conversations today and honestly i am about as confused as everyone.

what i have been told, for what it's worth, was the sro engaged him in gunfire inside the facility and was wounded. i have also heard he engaged outside and continued inside so at this point who knows. none of that is sensitive info at this point.

the officers generally are not going to get interviewed for a statement for 24-48hrs so they may not have formal statements from those on the inside yet, who knows if they will release them or when.

Understood.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Totally agree about SRO’s. 300lb females as SRO’s or week men riding out their last days till retirement need to end.

If Biden or politicians wanted to truly act like they have a set, they should have said that anyone wearing body armor and a carrying a firearm walking towards a school will be shot on site, no questions asked. As a country we need to stop this weak ass bullshit and approach threats head on
View Quote

If we had an actual culture of community we could IFF our populations properly. Instead nobody knows anybody and "that's not my business" has replaced knowing and caring for those in your local community. Even the right has embraced it pretending that a hands off government equals complete absence of internal community moral enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That is cockless beta garbage. Any reasonable sane adult would risk their lives to save little kids, even if they didn’t have a great dental plan to do so.  

View Quote

Then where are all the people rushing into the school? You present a hypothesis the observed facts don't support.

The people that watched him get out of the truck ran away instead of rushing him.

The people across the street ran away instead of rushing him.

The other teachers ran away instead of rushing him.

And on and on.

Most people just don't run to gunfire. It's a trained response instead of a natural one for the vast majority of the population.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:09:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Fully training volunteer teachers to shoot to the state's police standard would help. Keep firearm in a lockbox in classroom or a concealed holster with retention features for those that can shoot to the standard from concealment while wearing it.

Benefit to teacher would be the obvious plus expenses related to training, equipment and ammo would be tax deductible. A small benefit likely only a person previously interested in firearms would value.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm thinking a lot of parents who realize this truth are probably considering if it's worth the risk to have kids in the school system right now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
AP with an article on the wait too

View Quote

WOW
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#39]
The word "engaged" has been reduced to meaninglessness.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#40]
wait.

cops were on perimeter duty while the shooter was in the school shooting kids?    Were they waiting for BORTAC to arrive?   FUCK THAT!!!

if true, heads better roll!!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:13:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Then where are all the people rushing into the school? You present a hypothesis the observed facts don't support.

The people that watched him get out of the truck ran away instead of rushing him.

And on and on.

Most people just don't run to gunfire. It's a trained response instead of a natural one for the vast majority of the population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And on and on.

No, badge bunny. I present an opinion formed by reported facts.

If LEOs aren’t willing to rush into gunfire to protect children in a school, then said LEO are useless wastes of oxygen.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
wait.

cops were on perimeter duty while the shooter was in the school shooting kids?    Were they waiting for BORTAC to arrive?   FUCK THAT!!!

if true, heads better roll!!!!
View Quote

"Pat/BeerSlayer, I'd like to solve the (it is "worse" than previously released) puzzle."
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:16:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Is this gonna end up being parkland and pulse v3?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit!!

if you're a cop and a shooter is in a school killing kids, you rush in!!!  Backup be damned!!!

that's your fucking job!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Were said parents respecting lawful orders!?

ACAB. Other than the awesome BP agent. But this is at least the second school shooting where we've seen LEO place their own well being over that of children.
View Quote

Lets be honest with ourselves. Any abdication of the safety of a child by the father, or the acquiescence of a mother to declarations of safety by men and women who have no experience with violence in the defense of others...and in fact shun such things... is a gross fucking failure on the parents' part.

To expect feckless men and women to love your child and risk their lives to save your child is the height of fucking arrogance and the lowest valley of parenthood.

No one is coming to save you, or your children. It's up to you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84345/Cop_with_taser_jpg-2397429.JPG

Cop has an M4, plate carrier & pistol and instead of doing something useful he's ready to tase any parents who interfere with the other 5 cops are subduing a dad who wouldn't take no for an answer.

View Quote

Unforgivable.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If LEOs aren’t willing to rush into gunfire to protect children in a school, then said LEO are useless wastes of oxygen.
View Quote

You stated: "Any reasonable sane adult would risk their lives to save little kids" and I pointed out that almost nobody at the scene did.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:20:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
if you're a cop and a shooter is in a school killing kids, you rush in!!!  Backup be damned!!!

that's your fucking job!!
View Quote

I agree, but not according to Warren v. District of Columbia.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:21:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You stated: "Any reasonable sane adult would risk their lives to save little kids" and I pointed out that almost nobody at the scene did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe because as the video shows, they were held back by the tacticool responding officers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:23:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Armed teachers in a mass shooting are like the pilots on a possibly doomed aircraft, cops outside are like Steven Seagal having to volunteer to board a doomed aircraft they aren't already on. Executive Decision reference.

One is a MUCH larger group than the other.

Too somber a thread for video link.
Page / 186
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top