Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Isnt the mil supposed to protect all US embassies though?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Biden might as well fuck this up too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well if we have an embassy open we probably should at least protect it.

Maybe the real question is why are we operating an embassy in a active war zone and are special forces the best option. Maybe marines well dug in would be just as effective.
View Quote

40 billion dollars isn't going to embezzle itself
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
So they will be running secret op’s out of there?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Throwing high octane on the fire
View Quote
More like chlorine trifluoride
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This meme was never more appropriate
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif
When the troops are injured or worse, killed then that will be this administration’s excuse to enter the fight.
View Quote

A Russian attack on them wouldn't even be needed. The attack would likely be made using one of our own black ops agencies wearing Russian gear. They want this that much
Think about the 13 that were so easily sacrificed for absolutely no reason. Imagine what they would be willing to "sacrifice" for something this lucrative for the elite (and for the "big guy").
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
fjb and the warmonger uniparty nwo fucks that control him

FUCK
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I am sure we are just thinking about sending special forces over there.

All these Ukrainians probably just read the user manuals for our weapon systems and started hunting tanks/birds.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That seems like a waste of resources when Marines do it just fine and traditionally State wouldn't let them shoot anybody anyway.
View Quote

FPNI.

There are Marines who do this sort of thing.  If it's so dire that you need more specialized troops, perhaps it's too soon to reopen the Embassy.

jmho
ymmv
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe the real question is why are we operating an embassy in a active war zone and are special forces the best option. Maybe marines well dug in would be just as effective.
View Quote

This is the 40 billion dollar question!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck it. Bring on Fallout world. Maybe the radiation will make me immortal, minus some skin issues.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it 1963? First trainers.....Then troops.... next thing you know we're in an actual War.

View Quote

I bet we had people there from at least 1945 on. And probably before the war. Ww2
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Gonna send they to KEY-EV?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not sure of what was that went on in Libya, but they don't want to be accused of not been pro active. But this is how we can start a war. IMHO
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, I am sure we are just thinking about sending special forces over there.

All these Ukrainians probably just read the user manuals for our weapon systems and started hunting tanks/birds.
View Quote

They have been watching videos on YouTube, or something.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Money laundering operation
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far the First Lady, Speaker of the House and various Senators and Representatives have visited Ukraine. I am pretty sure their money laundering scheme and the embassy are secure.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah, but that’s most every Embassy, so…
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Embassy Marines are trained for the defense of US Embassies, but has a Marine guard force ever successfully repulsed an attack on an Embassy?

I cannot think of a case where it happened in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#20]
That Patriot missile battery on the roof ain't gonna operate itself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Does it feel like we're being set up too any one else ?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Marine Embassy Security Group has an expeditionary force for this exact mission
View Quote

My nephew was on one of them expeditionary units
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq and Anna Nicole married for love.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Not a good idea with Russian rocket and missile logistics…accident waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fucking weirdo.

You will not think for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So now we are protecting embassies?
View Quote

Bengazi remark? Sarcasm
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Our embassy's already open and the diplomats back in residence, guys, since last week. A bunch of other countries were already back.

The State Department's Diplomatic Security Service is providing a guard force. No mil there (yet).

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This right here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This meme was never more appropriate
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif
When the troops are injured or worse, killed then that will be this administration's excuse to enter the fight.

This right here.
Do you even Gulf of Tonkin bro?  

Something something Democrats starting wars something something
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#29]
They are already there anyways protecting Zelensky since rhe beggining
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Special operations guys at the embassy? Do they even know which fork is for salad and which one is for dessert? Do they know a sherry glass from a wine glass? Sounds risky.
View Quote

This.

Besides having to know how to kill people and break things Marine embassy guard have to know all sorts of social grace shit.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Embassy Marines are trained for the defense of US Embassies, but has a Marine guard force ever successfully repulsed an attack on an Embassy?

I cannot think of a case where it happened in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.  
View Quote

There was the big Iranian-backed go at the US embassy in Bagdad a couple of years ago after Salami got deaded where the Marines and contractors held the compound against "peaceful crowds of protestors" armed with RPGs, mortars and AKs.  Big thread about it on Arfcom with live commentary from our guys there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:22:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The last time major combat occurred was Vietnam, in the 2004 attack on the consulate in Jeddah, the MSGs strong pointed the facility, while under fire from both terrorist and the DS who locked themselves in and open fired at them when they tried to tie in with them. While not MSGs, Security Force Marines deployed to support DoS in Yemen, they opened fire on attackers coming over the wall including machine gunning three intruders which ended the riot.  It was the only embassy during 9-11 2012, that was attacked but not damaged.

Most people don’t realize that  MSG are assigned to Dept of State under Title 32 and work for the DSS agent in charge of security
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Bengazi remark? Sarcasm
View Quote

Bengazi wasn’t a Embassy, hence no Marine guards.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#34]
See if Russia will accidentally send one of their inaccurate hypersonic missiles
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Been saying....this is why i wouldn't want my kids joining....evil assholes sending good men to die for nothing

Theres nothing in our interest for our people to die there
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Fucking waste of highly trained and skilled men.

Marines guard embassies.  

Team guys do Team stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:12:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sure the Biden administration will give this as much care and consideration as they did the Afghanistan withdrawal. I'd love to see a Commander try to sell this to an SOF group. I imagine a rash of accidental foot shooting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This.

Embassy security in dangerous places is usually the RSO, DSS if available for PSD (maybe DSS contractors), Marines for "at the embassy" and local security for the outer perimeter (host government or HN or TCN contractors).

Put SOF in there and (1) it's a major Russian propaganda coup (they're there to fight, etc.) and (2) some good idea idiot will try to have them get stuck in and, Bob's your uncle, WWIII.
View Quote

I would think that SOF would be deployed in a HUMINT intelligence reporting role. Perhaps along the lines the model used in Kabul, also working with host nation Intel services.  Not for targeting but rather early warning.

That's about the only role that I could see SOF performing in that environment…..

Unless FJB's puppet masters are planning on US driven kinetics which if that's the case then it would be AFO and OPE mission sets.   If that's the situation we're fucked and are going dragged into another mess.

Edit: the real question is why are SOF deployments being leaked to the fucking press? Clown world.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think this Administration has the balls for it.
Biden has no say in it. He just reads the prompter.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not that spooks and SoF aren't already crawling around Ukraine, but this would give plausible deniability to a certain extent if SoF was known to be deployed to the area to guard US assets.

You know....just in case.
View Quote
Putting SOF in the embassy would place a real focus on it and allow the Russians to accuse us of helping when someone inevitably gets caught going in/out.

Seems if you want to keep it black, you keep it far away from the embassy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sure the Azov Batt has some missle arty all tuned up for that embassy as plan B.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Not sure if it still happens.

But at one point part of Delta’s mission was supplementing security for embassies in high risk areas.  Basically the places DSS didn’t want to send agents to protect in large numbers.

Part of the deal worked out to get them trained in VIP protection from DSS when Delta started out.

That may not happen anymore though.

Sounds to me like an excuse for why those assets might already be in country though.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Putting SOF in the embassy would place a real focus on it and allow the Russians to accuse us of helping when someone inevitably gets caught going in/out.

View Quote

Without firsthand knowledge of what the ground situation is in the Ukraine I'd assume that the US individuals currently operating there are doing so under the invitation of the host nation and are "Declared" using Dip cover vice using non official cover.

Their primary role would be strategic Intel; collection to feed the DCI and NCA.  Will they stumble on tactical intel? Of course but that's not what they're hunting for.

The ODA's on the other hand are well suited to develop the tactical intel picture, supporting Embassy ops.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
An attack on a U.S. embassy is considered an attack on U.S. soil. Opening up one in a war zone when accidents can and do happen could be seen as an attack on the U.S. and invoke article IV.

Seems stupid.
View Quote

Have you seen Argo? Okay, it was the Carter administration, and he did roll over like a fat kid on over-inflated pool float, but still...

Maybe we learned a lesson from that fiasco, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:56:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Without firsthand knowledge of what the ground situation is in the Ukraine I'd assume that the US individuals currently operating there are doing so under the invitation of the host nation and are "Declared" using Dip cover vice using non official cover.

Their primary role would be strategic Intel; collection to feed the DCI and NCA.  Will they stumble on tactical intel? Of course but that's not what they're hunting for.

The ODA's on the other hand are well suited to develop the tactical intel picture, supporting Embassy ops.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they need to be in the embassy in a contested city in a war we need to stay out of to get strategic intel?

From an outsiders POV what kind of strategic intel would spec ops guys gather at the embassy? They could probably consult on strategic intel from Eglin or Bragg, unless they are planning on going out into the war to take a look for themselves which seems like a potential flashpoint.

I can understand the reasons but it just seems that everything the current administration touches turns to shit and this could have broader implications than number of gender reassignment surgeries do.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#46]
This sounds like a bad idea to me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Do they need to be in the embassy in a contested city in a war we need to stay out of to get strategic intel?

From an outsiders POV what kind of strategic intel would spec ops guys gather at the embassy? They could probably consult on strategic intel from Eglin or Bragg, unless they are planning on going out into the war to take a look for themselves which seems like a potential flashpoint.

I can understand the reasons but it just seems that everything the current administration touches turns to shit and this could have broader implications than number of gender reassignment surgeries do.
View Quote

The strategic intel I was was referencing would be generated by certain units and agencies that have that responsibility.  Normally that wouldn't be SOF units, such as SF or SEALs,  per se…..it may be SOF individuals but they would be assigned to and working for these other units and agencies.

I can 100% guarantee that these folks I'm referring to above have been there operating well before festivities started.  Platforms and sigint can certainly provide robust intel and I'm sure the unblinking eye is watching but that being said human intelligence, both from our guys on the ground as well as leveraging foreign national human assets really round out the intel picture.

Additionally, to some extent they can also confirm or deny info/intel in almost real time which is vital when you're playing with a nuke capable country being led by a guy that seems to be losing his marbles.

Important to note the Ukraine isn't unique in terms of these types of folks working on the ground. It happens all over the world, all the time. Honestly this is just SOP and most capable nations do something similar.

So the mention of SOF in the leaked reportr is something different.  I believe what they referring to is traditional SF who posses different capabilities and would be filling a different role.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That seems like a waste of resources when Marines do it just fine and traditionally State wouldn't let them shoot anybody anyway.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:10:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So now we are protecting embassies?
View Quote
The Crayon Eaters always have.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Wouldn’t we already have advisors, trainers and intel troops on the ground over there?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top