Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I met a lot of murderers in my 20+ years of working in AZ prisons, including Ricky and Raymond Tison up in Florence
View Quote

The Tison Gang. That occurred in '78 shortly after my family moved to Az, I remember it well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes a few. I have an uncle who is still missing and my cousin was murdered at 18 by a lady who stole her baby.
Those are the two closest to me.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Not really, just lots who committed suicide.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wow, that's a piece of AZ history. I remember when they put roadblocks all over for them, a friend of mine
said they called the rod and gun club he belonged to looking for volunteers to man the roadblocks.

For those uninformed, the Tison's escaped and went on a crime rampage all over the state in 1978. Made for an intense couple weeks when they were on the run.
View Quote
My dad worked on that case. It was one of my favorite bedtime stories.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
My paramedic preceptor was shot in the chest in an Olive Garden parking lot with his wife at his side. He was being robbed and was complying and was shot anyway.
He was a VN vet and a noted Brown Bagger trout fisherman with several lake and world records.
He was salty as fuck and my peers thought I was going to get chewed up and spit out as a trainee. He was actually a pretty good teacher.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Also had a high school teacher killed in a murder-suicide by her husband.
She was a sweet lady and students loved her.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the most famous murders of all time.   I'm not telling so ask away.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not that I am aware of, although I did know a murderer.
Kid was a nut job in H.S. and continued after graduation, killed a co-worker after she gave him a lift home.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Neighbor two doors down. Was shot by a pimp because he owed him money. Then later we learned the pimp also killed the ho......
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Hillside Strangler got Cindy Hedgepeth. My wife's brother knew her in high school and my friend was dating her at the time of her death. She was too nice to everyone including strangers.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes. Many, included a couple close friends .

It happens. Sometimes people just need killin', sometimes it's just a tragedy. I highly doubt that will change anytime soon
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Knew a couple in college. He faked her kidnapping but actually killed her with a hatchet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:58:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Also had a high school teacher killed in a murder-suicide by her husband.
She was a sweet lady and students loved her.
View Quote

My Junior high principal from back in the day was recently murdered a couple years ago along with his wife by a local school superintendent who had borrowed money from them at some point and thought they had a lot of silver coins stashed in their house he planned on stealing.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Cousin stabbed to death by some rival. He was 16 or 17 when he got killed. Shared an office with a guy in the Army at Fort Hood that killed his wife. Only kind of knew her but he was a real piece of work.

EtTA: The platoon guide in my OSUT platoon was murdered while on leave after graduation. I did not know about it till like 15-20 years later. .270 to the chest evidently.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#15]
3 guys I went to high school with. 2 got it due to them dealing drugs and screwing over the wrong person. The 3rd guy was visiting them while he was back in town from college. All 3 were found in an abandoned house in Detroit, beaten, tortured, bullets in their knees, elbows, and heads. As far as I know, no arrests were ever made. One of the dealer's sister supposedly tried looking into it(she was a dealer herself) and got told to mind her business before her and the rest of her family ends up and an abandoned house as well.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#16]
One of my wife's friends from when she was younger was killed by his adult son a few years ago. Shot him through his bedroom door, some kind of domestic issue. Kind of a weird situation, the guy's family swears the wife was somehow involved.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I have known quite a few people who have been murdered.  I wasn't very close with many of them.  I have also known a bunch who have committed suicide.  I have also "met" a whole bunch of people that have murdered other people.  You get sort of numb to it after a while.  It really doesn't take anything special to pull the trigger.  Things like knives and strangulation take al little more special kind of person.....

ETA- I graduated with a guy, who stabbed his wife like 60 times and beheaded her.

I know another guy who almost beheaded his mother. Didn’t  have the nerve to get through the spine, just all the soft tissue.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#18]
A good friends brother was killed in cali a couple of months ago.

And i know a former arfcom member serving time for shooting his ex-ish girlfriend during an argument with a G19 that i taught him how to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#19]
We had a few employees that got into bad situations.

A neighbor was stabbed to death when we were kids.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#20]
My "Uncle" Tony was found shot to death, in the trunk of a Buick LeSabre with money shoved in his mouth. This qualifies as natural causes in NJ.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I used to stop at a small suburban gas station in a really redneck, almost rural area, on my way back to college on Sundays and there was a middle-aged manager there who sometimes had his young daughter (10-12) with him and would get gas for the drive back because the prices were consistently low.  The place was held up at some point and the perps (minority) executed him during the robbery (IIRC, the daughter hid and heard the robbers murder her dad).
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#22]
A pilot friend of mine was murdered not too long ago in Signal Mountain, TN.

He was getting ready to go home to Nebraska when the woman he was visiting stabbed him three times.

Oh, and when I was a kid, my friends Dad was supposedly murdered by someone in the Chicago mob.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Two.  Both by the 13%.  Probably killed because they weren't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#24]
My ex was killed by her husband two years ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:40:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not “murdered” per say with what I know, but when this happened it was fucked up

Guy I went to HS with in Maryland was in Ocean City, MD with some friends the summer after we graduated (1995) . Somehow one of them got jumped during the day for trying to hookup with someone’s gf, he (the guy that got jumped) made it back to where they were staying and told all his buds.

So three of them went out at night to look for the dudes that jumped the one friend, they only knew which hotel it was where the dudes were staying. All three were pretty drunk from partying as well.

Anyway they get to this hotel and start loudly banging in the doors, they can’t locate the guys they are looking to fight. Out comes this 60 year old man with a walking stick/cane and a robe…..he tells them to quiet down and leave. Well the guy I went to HS with loudly tells this old guy to STFU, at that point the old man pokes him with the cane, and at the same time lifts up a .22 rifle with his other arm and fires once, hitting him right in the heart, dead.

The guy that shot? The owner of the hotel…..was found not guilty of manslaughter. Man that was fucked up to my 18 yr old self, but knowing what I know now I just shake my head
View Quote

Aggressive drunk found out, I guess.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
11 people in my family were murdered. World famous incident.

Ironically (or not), the murderer is also in my family.
View Quote

Burari?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#27]
A few. The most recent was a cop who was murdered by a suspect he was questioning on Monday afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#28]
My Son….
Only child, no Grandkids ??
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My Son….
Only child, no Grandkids ??
View Quote

Damn. I’m sorry.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Good friend from high school. Iraq war vet, shot by his estranged wife over a heated custody argument. Probably wanted to see his kids and told her she would have to shoot him because he wasn't leaving until he saw his kids.

He was unarmed, AFAIK. She shot him in the driveway. Knowing him, he just stood there, defiant, and took the bullet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#31]
A few. 2 we're no surprise as that's the life they chose.

1 stands out though.

A friend from high school (not super close) tried pulling his step dad off his mom during one of her regular beatings. Step dad stabbed him with a butcher knife and left him to bleed out. We were 15 at the time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Angie's mom.  

She came home to a burglar who stabber her to death.

Angie was a classmate growing up in SW Miami.

Some kid in high school I knew of got his hands chopped off and killed for some kind of drug fiasco.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#33]
While I was in the Air Force, I helped training up a new female airman. A few years down the line, she ended up getting murdered by her husband, who I also knew from work. He ended up suck starting his weapon few days later when they came looking for him. Left an infant kid. That really bummed me out, she was a nice gal and didn't deserve that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes,quite a few,most didn't deserve it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes I did know someone who was brutally murdered in fact it was a triple homicide. A guy I went all the way though grade school with. We weren't good friends but we were good acquaintances, he just wasn't in my group of friends that hung out all the time. He was with two buddies of his and picked up a girl at a local dive in Chicago. Well she brought two of her male friends with her and they all went to his place to get drunk(er) and who knows what after that. Well she slit his throat in the bedroom and her two buddies beat the other two to death with a pipe. I was just going through the Police academy when I heard of it and requested the report but it was denied to me (rightfully so) as I had no actual connection or relation. It was sad to hear of but there are lessons to be learned about loose women in dive bars.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Back when I was still working for the railroad I worked with a husband and wife couple. He was a chef, and she was a sleeping car attendant. Sometime about 2002, their train derailed in Florida, and the dining car fell on its' side. The chef was scalded by hot water in the steam table, and collected $600K from the railroad. Within a year he had blown the entire $600K. Living in a trailer with a $90K Mercedes parked outside.
When his wife found out he had blown all the money, she left him, took their kid, and moved in with her parents in Indiana. Her hubby went out to her parents' house and shot her to death. The cops found him staying in a fleabag motel, but he barricaded himself in his room. When the cops finally got into his room they found that he had blown his brains out.
I hope he burns in hell. His wife wasn't the smartest person I've ever met, but she was a hard worker and just as nice as she could be. Their daughter is being raised by her mom's parents.

EDIT: I nearly forgot. One of my old Commanding Officers, Rear Admiral Wilson F. ("Bud") Flagg, USN. Admiral Flagg was my CO back in 1983 when he was a Captain. He later got his first star, and then went on to be promoted again. He lived in Berryville, VA and on 9/11/2001 was on his way to a family reunion in California with his wife. They were passengers on American Airlines flight 77 that crashed into the pentagon. He was a super guy, and the best CO I ever had. He deserved a better fate than that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#37]
No, but I used to know this guy and hung out with him the day before this incident.  I would have never thought he would do something like this.  He called my other friend to pick him up right after and that friend is the one who turned him in after he confessed what he had just done.

Murder
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes.  Killed in a liquor store robbery.  RIP Scott.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#39]
One co worker...
A nurse who worked at the same correctional centre as I.
She was stalked and murdered by a guy she had rejected.

Several inmates.
Y'know... the ones that get out on Friday and by Monday are found dead and dismembered in a dumpster.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
I know 2 people whose death would qualify as murder.

1) An Italian kid I grew up with named Mario. He was a gangster type. Beat people up for money, drugs, and just looking for trouble in general. Him and 2 of his acquaintances went into NYC supposedly to buy Heroin.
He waited on the sidewalk and the other 2 went upstairs in the building. They came running back out with the dealer screaming out the window that they robbed him. The two ran off while Mario was attacked.
The fatal blow was a knife wound to the inside of his thigh in the femoral artery. He bled out on the sidewalk. He was 40 years old. I'm still close friends with his older brother who is a good guy.

2) Dominic, another Italian guy I was actually friends with. He got into a bar fight and like usual, he won big time.
The loser went outside to his car, retrieved a 5 shot .38 revolver, re-entered the building and shot Dominic in the back with all 5 rounds. He was DOA. Also 40 years old at the time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes, An old, close friend had his aunt murdered. I knew her well, she was abducted from a bar, raped and murdered. The other person was a good friend of mine. He was chopped to pieces with what is to believed to be a kukri or cleaver in a cornfield for something someone else did. Both unsolved
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Debbie Davis...

Attachment Attached File

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341781/Whitey-Bulger-The-tragic-life-gangsters-moll-Bulger-strangled-dismembered-knew-much.html

Two of the brothers were friends of mine (not the one in the article), and met and got to know Debbie through them.

The whole family were small time hoods.
The father ran a service station and engaged in petty shit like selling illegal fireworks, tax free cigarettes, stolen goods, running a chop shop, etc.

One of the brothers served time in prison for something minor and was murdered by another inmate over money (supposedly smashing his face/head in the toilet).
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:05:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I talked to someone a few times who was killed. I say killed because I don't know whether it was a justified shooting or not. He was from suburbia but moved to the city. He may have been a bit of a bully. I was about 14 and he was about 20 or so when he squeezed my neck with one hand, while moving his fingers back and forth while doing so. It hurt.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Debbie Davis...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24334/6C8277432-130715-debra-davis-429p_jpg-2392059.JPG

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2341781/Whitey-Bulger-The-tragic-life-gangsters-moll-Bulger-strangled-dismembered-knew-much.html

Two of the brothers were friends of mine (not the one in the article), and met and got to know Debbie through them.

The whole family were small time hoods.
The father ran a service station and engaged in petty shit like selling illegal fireworks, tax free cigarettes, stolen goods, running a chop shop, etc.

One of the brothers served time in prison for something minor and was murdered by another inmate over money (supposedly smashing his face/head in the toilet).
View Quote

Believe it or not, I read about this years ago. Bulger strangled her to death. I read after he committed a murder, he would take a nap.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#45]
The Cleveland Browns. Fuck you 87 times "Art Modell"

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#46]
My Uncle had discovered that his business partner
had embezzled a few hundred thousand from their
Company.

Murdered a few weeks later.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I've never known anyone well who was murdered.

I knew John Riccardi, the guy who killed Dave Navarro's mother and her friend while he was on the run and living under another name in Houston.  

He was remarkably tight lipped (which makes sense when you are wanted for a double murder) so none of us really knew anything about him or his past.

He got busted after being profiled on America's Most Wanted and is still in prison in California.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My Uncle had discovered that his business partner
had embezzled a few hundred thousand from their
Company.

Murdered a few weeks later.

View Quote

Was the murderer brought to justice?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:21:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes one of my friends from high school who was getting his life together after years of hanging w the wrong crowd .

Apparently someone had one final beef with him .

The other was a friend of my wife’s . She had terrible choices in men and one of them did her in .

Both are sad cases . Hanging with the wrong crowd
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#50]
My 1st cousin Tony.

Stabbed to death on his Moms front porch in 2010.  
They caught his killer 2 years later and then he was found not guilty due to all the evidence being circumstantial.

2 weeks later same guy was "found" chained to a tree in the swamp, partial eaten.. his killers(s) have never been caught.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top