Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine in high school was shot in the back with a 12ga.
Turns out, another classmate-acquaintance of mine (really nice guy, ROTC, everyone expected him to be the clean cut Marine-to-be) was the one who did it. Supposedly over a girl, teen jealousy. Ironically, she wasn't the type of girl you had to fight over, you just had to wait your turn, if you know what I mean...

But the killer pre-planned the whole event, baited my buddy out into the woods on a fake story, cold-blooded set the whole plan up. He and an accomplice choked another witness out, thought they killed that kid too, but the kid recovered and called police.
Classmate-acquaintance was quickly arrested, shocking those that knew him. He really slam-dunked his innocent act when he tried to hire a contract killer to kill the witness while he was in jail. That pretty much sealed his sentencing to the max.
Someone wrote a book about it, it was a pretty intriguing true-crime situation.
Classmate-acquaintance went to prison the same year I went off to college. Since that date, I've lived a life, married, had kids, my kids went to college and grew up, I had careers, etc.... the freakin' internet wasn't invented when he went into jail... no one had cellphones, etc.
He just got out a year or so ago. Must have been like Rip Van Winkle coming out of time travel to see how the world changed since 1989 to today all of a sudden.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
An old math teacher of mine was murdered by a crazy foster kid.

Also went to high school with someone who later murdered his step dad for not enabling his drug habit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, by someone really close to me. Recent enough that I can’t discuss the case. Still really hard to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Jackie - really cute girl I knew in school.   We were not close, but she was always the nice girl that was kind to everyone - even if she hung out with the cool kids.   One of those "could have been" girls.

She was apparently beaten to death on Christmas eve by an estranged boyfriend.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, yeah and a guy I grew up and hung out with all through high school killed his roomie a few years ago over rent money. WTF

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_police/article_ac70c87f-6093-5858-8184-e94cd8712f7a.html
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:47:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep.  A week ago here in a few hours.  Confrontation with his neighbor in an apartment complex.  Neighbor looks like MS-13 or some shit.  Murderer shot the guy once, guy goes for refuge in his apartment, tells girlfriend to hide in the bathroom, murderer busts in and finishes the guy off with three more shots.  Was arrested during a high speed chase in Alabama.  Spike strips stopped the vehicle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Student where I worked. Popular kid, involved with everything. bright and funny. Got a full scholarship to KSU. Came out of a bar and a van pulled up and the door opened and a guy pointed a gun and told him and his buddy to toss in their wallets. His buddy broke and ran and they shot the kid I knew.

My friends roommate started taking roids. Got jacked and angry. Started dating a stripper. He shot and killed her in her apartment hallway in front of her kid. Landlord came out and shot him in the back. He got life and is in a wheelchair paralyzed from the chest down
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife's best friend was murdered last year.  Her husband killed her.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
5 cops that I worked with and knew well.
Probably 20 or so thugs I knew well(middle name, nickname,birthdays memorized, mama's address etc)
3 citizens I got to know on beats I worked (one guy I held his hand while he died) A few days prior I could have smoked the guy who ended up murdering him, but I let him surrender.
I regret that.
A half dozen murdered hookers. One of those was haunting.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I had a cousin who I was very close to. One day he was at a friend’s house who didn’t appreciate firearm safety rules. He thought he was being funny when he shot my cousin in the head with a 16 gauge shotgun. He was never charged.

I don’t recommend the experience of being a 17 year old pallbearer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Guy I worked with(Firefighter) had a condo in Baja, Mexico. Met a chick online, he went for dinner and drinks in Rosarito with her. He asked her back to his place. Her boyfriend jumped him as they were getting into his truck. They killed him, burned his body and cleaned out his Condo. They were caught a few weeks later. I'm not really sure what happened to them. It's kind of weird on my job, the murders and suicides just come and go.

Related to murderers:
I had called a Captain about coming to his shift, he was stoked I wanted to put in and work with him. We knew each other from when he worked on Skid Row and I was one district over. I didn't get the spot. 2 months later he shot his wife in the neighbors garage(he chased her there) then he killed himself. Funny thing is, there are 2 FFL's on my  job, he went to the other guy. He was looking for a CA compliant AK-47, he told him was too high-strung for an AK. We talked about him/it afterward, he just had a bad feeling and declined to sell to him.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
10 cop funerals in 34 years. Knew them all. A few were good friends.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Marine instructor I had at a joint service school. After I graduated I wwnt back by his unit to say hello and tell him I made it. Found out he had come home, found his wife in bed with some other dude and he was the one who got shot and killed.

Col I worked for killed his wife after he retired. Buried her in the backyard and reported her missing. When he realized they weren't buying it he killed himself.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunately, yes. Douchebag even tried to kill their infant child at the same time, but she miraculously lived and was adopted
by the victims sister.
Fucking loser then put the gun to his own head. He should have started there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I've known more that a few people who were murdered, and more than a few murderers.

The one that stands out in my mind, because it effected(affected?) me so much was Christie and Michele Rogers. I rode the school bus with them, they were in high-school and I was in grade school and I used to be friends with them and sit on their lap on the bus.

A serial killer named Oba Chandler killed them, and their mother Joan, while on vacation in Florida. They made an Unsolved Mysteries episode about them before their killer was eventually caught and executed (thank God).

Terror by Sea: The Murders of Joan, Michelle, & Christe Rogers
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few unfortunately

They ALL fell into the trap of doing stupid things with stupid people in stupid places
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Several. High School friend was outed as being an undercover drug informant for the local P.D. It didn't take long before he was found just outside of town on a dirt road with 10 bullets in him. Guy in my unit when I was AD was killed in a parking lot at a grocery store. Last I heard it was a suspected car-jacking gone wrong. Last one was another High School friend (female). She was discovered dead in her car in front of some random house. Someone strangled her to death in the early a.m. over drugs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Knew a kid in HS that killed his adoptive parents and sister early one morning back in the 80's.
I told that story here in a thread very similar to this one a few years ago, and another member was familiar with the story, and knew exactly who I was referring to. Small world.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Grew up with this guy, played ball and his Dad and mine are friends, I’d like a few minutes with the guy that killed him because Alex didn’t have a violent bone in his body

https://amp.kentucky.com/news/local/counties/fayette-county/article91225582.html
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I’ve known a murder and a couple that were murder.

Murderer worked with me as my alternate. I was the day shift supervisor he was the night shift supervisor. He went home for lunch and caught the old lady taking the dick, he broke her neck. He has confided a month prior he knew she was cheating. He’s serving a life sentence.

Another co-worker, was murdered by two youth just turning their lives around for a $40 cell phone. They beat him to death.

A girl I knew from high school. She joined the navy, got married and came back to her apartment after the honeymoon. Killed by her roommate who then fled with her body to another state. Tried burning her body. Didn’t work and was arrested. He was in the navy too but if memory serves me right.

Another guy I knew from high school. Joined the police force. He was killed by a guy trying not to stop at a speed trap. Intentionally swerved into him. Guy had a wife and 2 kids. I was close friends with his sister.

I think that’s all I know.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I know one person murdered. Stabbed to death in a closet at a house party. I know several murderers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#23]
No. Three different people I grew up with and knew as friends at one point or the other went to jail for killing someone though. All before 21 I think. Now deceased old brother-in-law killed a guy in a drug deal once. No jail time because he was shot in the neck first.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]
A few, but the usual mundane domestic shit or drugs. Or both.

A co worker of mine was shot to death on his own porch by the ex husband of his wife over a child dispute. Ruled self defense for the ex because Billy was also armed with a shotgun.

What is really messed up is that a couple of years later, this asshole was in another domestic dispute and he ended up shooting both of his children in the head then turning the gun on himself. Little boy and little girl. Billy should have blown him away from the porch and then those kids would still be alive.

Another one was a guy named Forrest Mills, who lived in a trailer enclave with his crippled wife and a bunch of white trash ne'er do wells. She and them stupidly murdered him with a shotgun because he wouldn't share his pills with them. Dumped his body in Patoka Lake. The wife then told the detectives a crazy story about masturbating with a piece of Forrest's jawbone that had been blown off in the shooting. Stupid bitch was just trying to cop an insanity plea.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#25]
My father and my niece's father.

I've also known two murderers.  The state executed one of them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#26]
11 people in my family were murdered. World famous incident.

Ironically (or not), the murderer is also in my family.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#27]
No. I did meet murderers, before they murdered though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#28]
My mom's coworker was. Never solved
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Yep. But also knew the murderer.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Primetime/story?id=131993&page=1

Well known gynecologist in OKC. Tried to blame it on antiabortion groups.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Good friend from high school was shot 17 times in a faked home invasion, his older brother was hiding in a closet and listened to them prop his body up and put more shots into his chest to make sure he was dead. It was an ordered hit, he had gotten popped for some bs and the big boys though he might rat.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Had one friend murdered by a guy he befriended at work.
My friend was a character and just a funny, giving guy.  Had a coworker over to his house one day fishing and hanging out.
Guy went back and killed him, stole a bunch of hunting gear and tried to sell it.

Simple as that.  Damn miscreant just looking for shit to fence for a few dollars.
My buddy just made himself a victim trying to be a good guy.

This is one large reason I don’t believe in karma bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:59:59 PM EDT
[#33]
nope but a kid that used to hang out across the street from my house was convicted of 4 murders just a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I didn’t know her, but she was the mom of my daughter’s friend in late elementary school.  Some scum follows her home from the grocery and burger into her home and killed her.  My daughter’s friend and her older sister were there.  Amish scum. Nice neighborhood, random selection.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#35]
A class mate from middle school about 92 or 93.  He was a goofy kid, not a trouble maker at all as I remember.  He was walking down the sidewalk and apparently was wearing the wrong color clothes that gang bangers didn’t like, he may have done some gang sign with his hands but I’m not sure.  They turned their car around, and stabbed him to death on the sidewalk in broad daylight.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#36]
No victims but did know a couple of murderers, not counting abortions. Both really nice guys, up to a point I guess.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Guy in my Co. in Iraq is home on leave and gets killed by Jody. Jody flees to Mexico and is caught and extradited several months later.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#38]
A few murder victims and a few people that shot other people. Living in the per capita murder capitol of the country will do that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes. Several. 32 years in LE and you get to know a lot of people who live a risky lifestyle.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Just a couple of months ago out of rhe ue I googled a girl I went to school with.  Turns out her own son shot and killed her several years ago.  It's crazy because of all the things you might have imagined about a person's future back in school, being shot dead at 40 something by your own kid is not one of them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#41]
A few unfortunately. A girl I grew up with beat to death with a ball bat by I think her BF. I had a family friend I worked for on occasion. Went by to pick up a truck and load of produce. Little known to me a few minutes later he walked into his inlaws house. Shot and basically killed his current wife but not instantly then shot his self only to die maybe 10 minutes later. No way I could have known ahead of and able to stop it. He did leave a note with my first name and I am sorry, nothing to his kids. Guessing his original plans were for me to come pick up the truck and find their bodies. Went to school with the kids. They had a lot of resentment towards me due to that note. It's been over 20 years now.

A  few other possible homicides but can't prove it when I was a cop.

Eta:

Back when I was in BLET a member of my community that had a place maybe 100 yards from where I sit right now was working the over night shift at a c store. He and a customer were killed by a teenager from SC that I believe shot others around the same crime spry.

I also worked with a serial killer years ago. He drove a truck back then used to go up in the NE to deliver. Found out later he killed several women up off I 95.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep, when he was 17 and I was 15 or 16. He played keep away with the wrong guy's hat at a convenience store. The other guy took out a knife and stabbed him in the heart.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#43]
A guy I went to college with got his head cut off and a crucifix carved in his chest. Dumped out on a dirt rd. Never solved.  Tacoma wa,

Another was hung on a huge religious cross on a hillside vineyard.  He knew to much about a hash deal.  3 guys did it. All was caught and convicted.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes. I attended church with the victims of the Iowa State Fair murders back in the '90s. Daughter got involved with drugs and a couple of shitbags and had her parents killed for the supposed life insurance, of which it turned out there was none. Her siblings were supposed to be killed as well. Probably the most fucked up story I've ever heard. Fuck Jamie Blewer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My dad was killed by a drunk driver at 2 in the afternoon. Bright sunny day the drunk target fixated on dad and drove diagonal across 3 lanes to hit him. Dad by the same token killed a few people. He was a D-Day and Market Garden get. He also fought for Israel and the CIA in the 50's . He also killed a guy one night bringing me home from the boyscouts.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#46]
At least two that I can think of immediately. My cousin was shot and killed as a teenager. Later in life a guy I know was shot and killed by a drunk family member. He was on the phone with his wife when it happened. We hadn't spoke in years but when we were younger we had done some drinking and smoking together.

I know a couple people who have killed others in self defense and walked. Jury's agreed, self defense.

I met a guy who had one eye from being in a drive by shooting.

Interesting thing is, none of these experiences come even close to me thinking anything negative towards firearms or firearm ownership. Not even the slightest.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes.  He was working behind the counter at a convenience market, when a moron walked in, pointed a gun at him, and demanded his wallet, his cellphone, and his car keys (HELLO? cash register right there, with store policy being to hand over everything in the register without resisting).  He replied that he didn't have a cellphone (true), didn't have his wallet on him (is it some sort of secret that some companies don't allow employees to have their purse or wallet with them, while working a register?), and wasn't going to turn over his car keys (he had no other way to get to work).  Moron took that as challenging his authority, put a bullet between his eyes, then leaned over the counter and emptied the gun into the corpse (total of at least four hits that would have been fatal on their own).  Then the moron and his accomplice went through the dead guy's pockets and found out he was telling the truth.

Next step was realizing that they didn't know how to open the register, followed by realizing they didn't know where the dead guy had parked his car (they found his car keys, when they went through his pockets).  The accomplice shoplifted some drinks and snacks, as they went out the door.

Cops had them within 24 hours, with security video of the whole thing.  Moron was in his twenties when it happened but will be in his seventies before he will be eligible for release from prison.

Over 20 years ago, I spent a week or so working at a place where there was this one guy that was 'off'.  First or second day, I figured out you couldn't believe anything he said.  Few days after that, I realized he got all excited about some odd things.  Maybe a year later, he made the local news, and I found out that he had been on work release when I worked with him.  He made the news because he had been driving around trying to talk kids into getting into his car, apparently succeeded with one of them, then later dumped the body in the river.

My ex-wife's second husband and fifth husband (I was her first husband) each tried to kill her around the time their divorces started.  Neither of the incompetent bastards succeeded.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
a few, one that was a victim of a home evasion.
Tied to a chair and throat cut.

Brought a girl home from a club and that with the help of her boyfriend set him up.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I've known 5 people who were murdered.  One was a school teacher who didn't show up for school. Found her body in trunk a few days later. Never solved. I occasionally look it up. Still unsolved.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes a few one just a few day ago, young joe killed in Mississippi.

We still don't know what happened to him other than he was murdered.

Really nice kid too.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top