BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The american economy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#2]
RIP Tony… gunned down in his basement over an ounce of weed while his family was upstairs. A guy I knew told me he knew who did it. After mulling it over for a couple days I called the cops and told them what he told me… I don’t think an arrest was ever made. He was a really good guy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:34:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep,

One was shot in the back of the head at approx 12PM in the middle of the day at an ATM by a black guy who was never caught.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a nutty lesbian room mate back in the '80's, I eventually moved out and later found that she'd stabbed her father to death.

Crazy bitch, that Sheri. I think she's out of prison by now though, from what I remember she got 23 years to life.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 3:23:23 AM EDT
[#5]
A guy in my unit at Bragg. He was obsessed with the wife of a guy in the Signal Battalion behind us. She would drop her husband off. He finally found out where they lived off post.
The couple got a restraining order against him.
When time when the husband was gone to the field for a training exercise,  he kidnapped and killed the wife. Stuffed her body behind one of the conex boxes outside our barracks. Then when back and killed the couples daughter.
The husband got back from the field about a week later and found his daughter dead and wife missing.
Don't know what made CID zero in on the guy in my company. He was taken away and finally confessed.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, friend of friends. Wasn't close to the kid, but we'd hang out when we all had a get together. Not sure the details, but suspicions are around money tied to drugs. Kid was barely starting out in life, around 18ish, with two kids and a wife. Got picked up, roughed up, then shot and dumped on someone's yard.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes. 3 that I can recall. Possibly more.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#9]
A good friend if mine in Highschool in the 90s we went off to college, him to Vermont me to Conn. We always hung out when we were home. He smoked a fair amount of weed and would bring it from Vermont down to where we lived to sell it to the people he knew. Typical hippie, not a thug at all

His then girlfriends friend had some thug friends that wanted some so he met them. From the police report the guy hopped in the back seat with he and his girlfriend in the front and shot them both through the seats. Girlfriend survived.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Molly Dattilo.

No one has ever been charged.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#11]
A couple, most recent was a guy I went to high school with. Dude was holding a 90's shitbox Ford Explorer for someone while the guy was in jail. Guy came to get it, found someone cut the catalytic converter off it. Grabbed a Ruger .22 pistol and shot him in the face over it.

Getting smoked over a catalytic converter is a pretty fuckin sad way to go.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 5:05:21 AM EDT
[#12]
A few suicides but nobody I have known has been murdered.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#13]
A contractor I knew came home to find his wife had lost $80,000 on betting that day.  They had a "little" argument, then he went to sleep.  She shot him and called 911.  She got 17 years.  I was called for jury duty that week, but she settled for the 17 years.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:35:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Yup
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#15]
My friend's brother was murdered before I met him. I know they were into some shady stuff, but the official story is that a guy he did business with at a scrapyard shot him.

Also I knew a murderer, this guy worked in my department for a few months before this. He was a real POS worker, and apparently just a real POS in general. Tried to kill his pregnant ex girlfriend, but her new boyfriend ended up shielding her and dying.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6998717/Wisconsin-shooting-victim-killed-protecting-pregnant-girlfriend-unborn-childs-father.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes, someone knocked on his door, when he opened it they shot him multiple times. It’s still unsolved.

Happened in a small town, not somewhere that you would expect this sort of thing.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes, a coworker.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:06:06 AM EDT
[#18]
3 that I know of. A gal I knew since junior high was brutally killed by her jealous husband, he slashed her throat and set their place on fire in an attempt to conceal his crime.

Robby was working the graveyard shift at a 24 hour convenience store when 2 armed robbers hit the place. After he gave them everything in the till, one of them shot him in the face at point blank range.

A high school classmate messed with the wrong people down in Mexico, he was found buried in a shallow grave out in the desert.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes a few people.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I know a few unfortunately.
There is a common denominator and it's making poor life choices.
The first was a high school friend.
He was the muscle for a local drug dealer.
He went along on a large scale drug deal and there was an argument and he was shot in a shoot out by someone else on his team.

The second was someone I did some HVAC work for.
He was shot in the head several years ago.
It is rumored that he was connected to the Italian Mafia.
His brother which was his business partner was murdered just a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes, three come to mind.
One owned a gun store and was killed in a robbery, he was a good person. Bad guys caught next day in a motel with stolen guns still in the car.
Tow truck driver witnessed them leaving the store, got the tag.

One was a guy I knew from the neighborhood. IIRC he was killed by his girlfriend after being released from prison.
IRRC he had been in for manslaughter for getting into a gun fight with a off duty cop and winning. It was over some road rage kind of thing.  

One was the father of friend of mine, killed in a robbery at his company for his watch, that's what I remember anyway. Unsolved as far as I know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes. My nextdoor neighbor in our old house. He got a flat tire on the interstate & pulled off at an exit in South Georgia to change the tire. It was early in the morning around 4:30am, he was shot in the head, executed for his wallet. They never found the killer. A couple years later his son committed suicide, glad we were out of time when that happened

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/crime/2016/09/13/10000-reward-still-place-find-whoever-killed-jacksonville-man-2012-glynn/15724150007/
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Knew one guy that committed suicide. Shot himself holding the gun with his right hand. He was left handed. I'm not sure what he knew about the Clintons.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Knew one guy that committed suicide. Shot himself holding the gun with his right hand. He was left handed. I'm not sure what he knew about the Clintons.
View Quote

A lot of us lefties shoot right-handed, just sayin'.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#26]
A few. Here's a couple.

Earliest was in 4th grade, one classmate shot another between the eyes with his fathers pistol because he laughed at him the day before while playing hockey.

Most at one time: A girl I met while going to UMASS who introduced me to her best friend (my wife) was shot point blank in the face with a 12 ga. by her younger brother. The brother got the shotgun from their fathers closet after he murdered the father in his sleep by stabbing him through the eye with a kitchen knife. The girls sister heard the shot go off and tried to make it out the front but he plugged her square in the back of the head. The mother had died the year before.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I've know a few, none were completely innocent but they didn't deserve death.

They were all into things they shouldn't have been.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A Marine in my barracks at NAS Millington was murdered in Memphis.
View Quote

I was a Marine going to school at NAS Millington back in 1970.  A Marine in our class was murdered in Memphis during a robbery.  Memphis is a shit hole.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I've known a murderer.
View Quote
I know/knew 3 murderers. 2 murdered their wives by stabbing. One murderer I went to school with burned a car with the Mansfield Massachusetts Mayors wife in the trunk.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah I’ve known both the murdered and murderer. DV related murder suicide. She was 9 months pregnant. Still got me fucked up….
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#31]
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geKaOo3ohiEAYAxjJXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzMEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1653165865/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fthecinemaholic.com%2frick-beery-and-deborah-rehor-murders-where-is-paul-stavenjord-now%2f/RK=2/RS=ShuH5RoQkBktj9ISeoJUqu1tJt8-

I don't know how to make it hot.  Yeah, I know.  I'm a dumbass.  But Long story short, Rick (Carl) and Debbie were friends who were murdered by a crazy SOB at a remote area near their cabin in Chulitna, Alaska.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#32]
I've known several people who were murdered. And my best friend from HS and Freshman college room mate murdered his wife. I lost track of him when he dropped out of college. One day I was with my siblings visiting my Dad's grave in my home town and was walking back and saw my friend's headstone. He killed himself after he killed his wife.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I didn't know the vicitm well, but many of my friends were very close with him. I'm 87% sure I had a class with the killer. If that is the guy I'm thinking of, his IQ was also about 87.

https://www.eastvalleytribune.com/news/family-talks-of-slain-boy-who-had-a-good-heart/article_3b70be62-df24-5a54-b3ff-4969757c5180.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Close family friend. Murdered in his country store during a robbery.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#35]
A guy who ran with a few of us in elementary school.
He and his family moved to Vegas and lost touch but I would hear stories every now and then from other family members.

When he was early 40s he was at some big party and challenged some dude who was mistreating some girl. Words were had and the guy who I had known reportedly said "what are you going to do , shoot me ? " So the guy did.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#36]
wow, i’ve read every post in this thread. some eye opening shit (& some fucked up stories as well).
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I've worked in a jail nearly 15 years. My nephew was here for capital murder, but signed for 50 years. Know a lot of murderers over my time here.

My brothers MIL was murdered on main street in St. Croix Falls WI, no one ever arrested for that, but my niece recently got it reopened and has the police investigating the nearly 30 year old murder of Yvonne Menke.

My ex girlfriends cousin Lonnie was murdered by a friend of his because he wanted his muscle car. Bludgeoned him and then crashed the car to make it look like he died from that.

Very troublesome ex inmate who got out of this jail recently was just found in a bayou by Houston with a bullet in the back of his head. I knew him. Well by Chester.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#38]
My cousin
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I know/knew 3 murderers. 2 murdered their wives by stabbing. One murderer I went to school with burned a car with the Mansfield Massachusetts Mayors wife in the trunk.
View Quote

Quoted:
Yeah I've known both the murdered and murderer. DV related murder suicide. She was 9 months pregnant. Still got me fucked up.
View Quote

Murderers we know could be its own thread.  I know one.  He shot a biker dead outside of a bar after the guy hit the murderer's friend with a bar stool.  He served nine years, and doesn't dare come to this area because the dead biker's friends are still presumably after him.

He got a job with Cirque du Soleil and has been all over North America.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve known both. A girl in high school was raped and murdered. Sad deal. The guy is still on death row 21 years later.

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/in-supreme-court/1190878.html

Met a guy in AK that killed a man in a bar fight. Served his time for manslaughter. Nice old man really, just a little on the creepy side.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#42]
yes.

the first was the worst 15 year old kid buying some weed from a guy who ran a convenience store. He was a pedo... raped and killed him then hung himself...

the second was a girl I was friendly with... beautiful from a good family. coming back from the airport, got into a cab, and gone...

third was a double. two people, a couple, ran into some trouble with a junior affiliate of Hells Angels. Howie was a bad ass, Tina was a sweetheart. Taken out to deserted spot and executed. Guys who did it walked and are still walking around...

those take me through high school... I grew up in an interesting area and was lucky to get out myself... so much evil in people

ETA: reading some of the posts, it seems MA is the common denominator for a lot of fucked up shit...
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#43]
A girl I dated, her, her mother and her mother's boyfriend stabbed to death. Pretty fucked up

I know someone from my wife family that killed a shot a scout master walking down a walkway minding his own business. Wish the cops would've killed his dumbass.

My brother almost killed my father last year, thank God my dad has a hard head and fought back like he did
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#44]
No, none.  I must thang with the "right" crowd.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#45]
https://www.ktts.com/2019/12/11/man-from-greenfield-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-murder/

this guy and his son killed a guy that had been dating the daughter. she broke up with the boyfriend and he threatened to tell the sheriff that they had been selling prescription drugs. the son's IQ is so low that he was not tried but doing his time in the nut house.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Co worker and his wife. He shot her in bed and told the cops that it was an accident during kinky sex. He only got 4 years.

I worked with the wife too and she had transferred to another state to get rid of him. Then she came back
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
...snip...
I met a lot of murderers in my 20+ years of working in AZ prisons, including Ricky and Raymond Tison up in Florence and the Baseline Killer, Mark Goudeau.
View Quote

Wow, that's a piece of AZ history. I remember when they put roadblocks all over for them, a friend of mine
said they called the rod and gun club he belonged to looking for volunteers to man the roadblocks.

For those uninformed, the Tison's escaped and went on a crime rampage all over the state in 1978. Made for an intense couple weeks when they were on the run.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Yup, my grandfather
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Just one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes, and there was ZERO surprise when it happened.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top