Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the p365 now for almost 3 years, it definitely travels with me the most.

I have a Glock 48 that I LOVE, but still the p365 is the choice 80% of the time

Everyone should have the regular p365 by this point
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which 3m tape ?
That sounds like so sticky stuff and could come in handy.  
I’ve been making my own leather holsters for years.  I’ve come up with some designs that work well for me, but that clip setup could be useful.
  I made a strong side high riding tuckable that’s worked best for me.   It’s 5-6oz Herman oaks leather so very slim but keeps its form
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The p365 has been great for us slimmer guys.
I’m 5”10 195lbs with a 32 waist.  I’ve carried all of the Glocks and they may not be hard to conceal, but they are hard to do it comfortably for me.
I carry everyday and normally it needs to be with a tucked in shirt.  What works for one doesn’t the other.  
The smaller the pistol the easier to conceal.

Yep, I'm 5'10" 158, 32 waist and have no problem carrying a G33 or P365 tucked into my pants, and driving all day comfortably.  It's also why I want to buy the new S&W CSX. Same size micro gun with 2 more rounds @ 12+1 (planning to buy it after they fix the trigger reset issue)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52900/P365__clip_draw___kydex__300x169__jpg-2388663.JPG

Photo below is a $25 Clipdraw. Screws do NOT go into the gun. Clip is held onto gun slide by 3M tape. Tape has NEVER come loose in 20 years I've carried! Unscrew the 2 screws to remove the top half of the clip and then you can slip the gun back into a holster if you desire to revert back to holster carry.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52900/clip_draw__300x125__jpg-2388677.JPG

I wear an athletic "wife-beater" shirt on my belly to prevent direct sweating on the gun in Houston. Any kind of polo T-shirt covers my guns with the clipdraw method.
As long as the gun grip you carry isn't banana-long with some kind of ridiculously long extended mags, there's no print issues whatsoever.

Which 3m tape ?
That sounds like so sticky stuff and could come in handy.  
I’ve been making my own leather holsters for years.  I’ve come up with some designs that work well for me, but that clip setup could be useful.
  I made a strong side high riding tuckable that’s worked best for me.   It’s 5-6oz Herman oaks leather so very slim but keeps its form

The 3M "aircraft" VHB tape is supplied with the clip when you buy it. It adheres to steel & polymer surfaces. The strip is 5/16" x 3 1/2" long and holds 25lbs, and resistant to "oil, solvents, heat & vibration". I've bought 5 of these Clipdraws. They are on my Glock 27, 33 as well as my P365. Clipdraw provides an extra 2 adhesive strips with each purchase, but I have NEVER had problems with the tape on any 5 clips requiring me to replace it with the spare adhesive strips they provide. The original tapes have stayed on each clip from day one. Been carrying my Glocks and P365 this way for many years.

Attachment Attached File

Just for the benefit of other members who didn't see my photo & post on page 4, I'll mention again that the two screws on the clip are removable just so the top of the clip can be removed and the gun slipped into a holster if desired.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Those are some bigass pockets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel the same about the P365 in configurations that make it too big to pocket (XL).

Only if you wear little boy skinny jeans. I pocket carry the P365X all the time

Those are some bigass pockets.
I've got some Duluth cargo pants you can pocket carry a g17 in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#4]
This is such a weird discussion

I remember when the 43, 365, and 43x rolled out.

For those whose memory is short the 365 had all the right stuff.

But there were a number of poor reviews and concerns when shooting revealed elongated dents on primers and reports of broken firing pins.

The 43 was a late answer to the rise of the single stack 9mm pistols like the ruger lcr/lcp/lc9.

The 43x was billed as an answer to the 365 but due to glocks use of ploy steel lined mags it had lesser capacity for the size of the grip.

I went to the LGS and held them all.

Settled on the 43x. It can't always be about favorable numbers and smallest possible.

The G43x is advertised as a right sized pistol now and I think that is perfect for me.

It's small and concealable but not too small for my hands.  it's as thin as older single stacks like the Kahr pistols and lighter than an all steel model.

Sure the grip is longer but I've found the grip in all pistols to be a problem area regardless of the size. So I prefer one I can get all my fingers on.

The 365 is just too small I think a 365XL would be better for me but I already bought the 43X and am satisfied enough not to worry about buying another carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But there were a number of poor reviews and concerns when shooting revealed elongated dents on primers and reports of broken firing pins.

The 43 was a late answer to the rise of the single stack 9mm pistols like the ruger lcr/lcp/lc9.

The 43x was billed as an answer to the 365 but due to glocks use of ploy steel lined mags it had lesser capacity for the size of the grip.

Settled on the 43x. It can't always be about favorable numbers and smallest possible.

The G43x is advertised as a right sized pistol now and I think that is perfect for me.

It's small and concealable but not too small for my hands.  it's as thin as older single stacks like the Kahr pistols and lighter than an all steel model.

Sure the grip is longer but I've found the grip in all pistols to be a problem area regardless of the size. So I prefer one I can get all my fingers on.

The 365 is just too small I think a 365XL would be better for me but I already bought the 43X and am satisfied enough not to worry about buying another carry gun.
View Quote

That's a very fair assessment of the various pros & cons of the features of  some of the most popular micro pistols and compacts being sought today.The initial purchase is really based on personal preference and how each gun feels in your hand. As I already mentioned, for a micro pistol the S&W CSX fits my hand better then the P365, and a single action trigger appeals to me. The 12 + 1 standard capacity is the deal sealer for me. But I will wait a year for the bugs with the reset to be fixed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Laughs at all this with his Hellcat.
View Quote

Smith Shield Plus. FIFY
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I always thought glocks were ugly but the p365 has to be the ugliest pistol just behind s&w sigma.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The thing that irritates me about the 43x is that they could've provided something that stacks up a lot closer to the 365 but deliberately just provided something not as effective as a micro CCW on account of the grip. All they had to do was shorten it to match the 365 and provide mags with an extended base, so you could get the current capacity and form factor or have an option to lose a round or two and have a flush mag with a two-finger grip that'd be the same height as the Sig. If they had done that, my familiarity with the G26 and 43 probably would've led me to pick a 43x over the 365 even if it couldn't quite match the mag capacity. Do that and offer OEM mags to provide 12-15 rounds like the competitors who came to market before and after your pistol right out of the gate with those options readily available and I'll consider it.

Meanwhile, in reality, they gave us less rounds in more space and the whole reason for excitement in the OP is that the aftermarket finally gave us what Glock themselves still hasn't. I'm sure it's a perfectly fine little pistol that fits well in-hand and works like you'd expect it to, but all I can see looking at it is a collection of missed opportunities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I really need to shoot my P365XL more. I’ve got a Holosun on it. Maybe I should get the tlr7 sub as well.
View Quote

I’ve just bought the same setup. Hopefully it will shoot well enough for me to trust it tomorrow and will replace my g43
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The thing that irritates me about the 43x is that they could've provided something that stacks up a lot closer to the 365 but deliberately just provided something not as effective as a micro CCW on account of the grip. All they had to do was shorten it to match the 365 and provide mags......
View Quote

Yep. Some guys here consider just about any gun with a donkey-dong's long grip as "concealable" as long as it has a short barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Eye roll on that bullshit. People make WAY too much of an issue of the size of the gun. I carried a Beretta Centurion for six years in a belt slide under a shirt and was only made once- when I was cleaning the wheels of my car at the car wash.

You can conceal almost anything with little effort.
View Quote

Yep, I carried a G17 OWB all week with a black button down and nobody said a thing.

People don’t notice that stuff at all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That and plus the 15rd shield mags are a great combo
View Quote

This thread should have ended with this post. Right on the money!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep, I carried a G17 OWB all week with a black button down and nobody said a thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eye roll on that bullshit. People make WAY too much of an issue of the size of the gun. I carried a Beretta Centurion for six years in a belt slide under a shirt and was only made once- when I was cleaning the wheels of my car at the car wash.

There's a big difference between people not saying anything at the supermarket vs a NPE in business casual taking vital signs, giving shots, responding to medical codes while being very close to coworkers while bending down, reaching, leaning, etc.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep. Some guys here consider just about any gun with a donkey-dong's long grip as "concealable" as long as it has a short barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52900/long_grip_pistol__275x183__jpg-2390880.JPG
View Quote

Things that don't exist for $500.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool story, meanwhile concealed means also not printing for some. This actually matters.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Still have a 43. Never really interested in the slightly larger options. This might be a worthwhile upgrade after a year of beta testing real world experience.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife wanted a CCW, so we bought the Shield when they first came out. In fact, bought two.   Worst gun money I ever spent.  And at one point, i had one handgun for every year I was alive.   3rd Gen S&W are great.  The M&P was a nice shooting 40.  But with the Shield, I’d rather carry my Makarov.  She hated the Shield too.

Tried a G43, nothing to see there.  I like my 19s just fine, but you can keep the 43.

Picked up two 365s at a show.  Seem very promising, so we’ll hit the range with these.

I’ve a 239 on my hip right now.   The 365 might be a nice change, but I’m not inclined to go G43 again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I completely agree. I think the other guns are just fads. Eventually sig will release a 365 "double-wide" or some shit thats compatible with 320 mags and everyone is going to lose their minds and buy them in droves.

I edc a 26 with 2 17rd mags and have a couple 33rd mags in my car because why not.
View Quote

That would be the P320sc, they've been out for years
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cool story, meanwhile concealed means also not printing for some. This actually matters.
View Quote

Cool story, I didn’t say anything to the contrary, my comment references people walking around in white.  

Try to follow, ain’t that hard.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There's a big difference between people not saying anything at the supermarket vs a NPE in business casual taking vital signs, giving shots, responding to medical codes while being very close to coworkers while bending down, reaching, leaning, etc.
View Quote

I agree but I spend most of the day continually bending and twisting.  There are typically people in the vicinity on a constant basis.

I can see the grip printing in reflections of windows or mirrors.  Most people aren’t going to notice it.  

Obviously YMMV and situationally dependent.

But the fact remains, the average person isn’t looking for a gun and wouldn’t even recognize it if it printed right in front of them.  If the carrier is worried then carry a gun and in a manner that reduces or eliminates printing.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't waddle around shaped like a bowling pin and you guys can conceal a full sized pistol.
View Quote
This right here.

I CC'd a G23/G19 for years.  Then a G34.  Then a 43.  Now a 43X MOS with RMRcc.

Never got call out for any of them.  G43X wit 15+1 is the best so far.  (actually use in my pistol league too)
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Why is this thread still here?

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#23]
My 26 has a better trigger with factory parts and does not need aftermarket mags it's happy with 10rds to 33rds. The 43 is the Glock I could not wait to use as a trade. The Sig P365 imho is a much better gun than the 43. With the 43 the trigger sucks, finish sucks and capacity sucks. Having to sand the molding burr on the face of the trigger was the first thing that set off my hate. The second thing was the Big front sight which eclipses the target. I bought a 19 which people rave about. It does nothing better than my 26. To me the Sig was the carry gun I've been looking for.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cool story, I didn’t say anything to the contrary, my comment references people walking around in white.  

Try to follow, ain’t that hard.
View Quote

Cool story in return, but I follow my own path, not the one being lead by fools oblivious to the fact that not all people are oblivious.

Being complacent is stupid. And thinking that there's an unwritten rule of what consists of being concealed is just as dumb.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:52:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree but I spend most of the day continually bending and twisting.  There are typically people in the vicinity on a constant basis.

I can see the grip printing in reflections of windows or mirrors.  Most people aren’t going to notice it.  

Obviously YMMV and situationally dependent.

But the fact remains, the average person isn’t looking for a gun and wouldn’t even recognize it if it printed right in front of them.  If the carrier is worried then carry a gun and in a manner that reduces or eliminates printing.  
View Quote

Your absolutes are wrong, YMMV as well.

If what you have is thought to be adequate despite your complacent thinking, then you continue to do you. It matters not to me, nor the concerns some of you have for those you disagree with.

And I already do carry a gun that gives me the edge in concealment that also doesn't print. Which may not matter to you, but here where I live not all gun people are in the middle or to the right, and actually do look for it just as we look for it ourselves in those we detest just as much as they detest in us.

I know that you truly believe that you're trying to help, but you really aren't.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 4:37:33 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top