Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 8:24:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I am on my third pair of Arcadias..and dont lace them all the way up..logged in them and hunted/hiked in them..to me the Ft Lewis/Go Devils are too high ...(and in RVN I was a Go-Devil /2/39th 9th Inf Div)
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Go light. I have the Ft.Lewis boots and they are great when its real cold and you get to ride around and freeze your as off in a M998 with no heater. If I was a ground pounder I would get the Arcadia.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
usmco3
ive had a pair of ft. lewis boots since the early 90's. these things are unbelievable. i have a few friends of mine who have bought cheaper ones and can't believe the shape these things are in. they've been everywhere from hunting in maine to playing paintball..and they are comfortable as hell......
nemo
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, the Acadia's were optional SEAL team issue.  The Ft. Lewis is harder on your calves, particularly if your legs are short.  The Acadias are light enough to run in them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had the Ft. Lewis boots for years and they are great boots. I wear them for hunting everything from birds to deer. I've had no problems with them bothering my calves, but it may depend upon your physique. In below freezing temperatures, I can sit for about 3 hours before my feet start to get cold. I'll pick up some boot blankets for the all - day tree stand hunts, but the Danners are great for those long hikes in the mountains to get to my spot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top