Looks like an RH25.
@cook1
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I kind of am leaning towards people who are so unhappy with themselves they only exist to talk shit over the internet or disrupt actual dialog, as they would never say a word to anyone in real life, in fear of facing actual consequences for their big mouths..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What happened to everyone on this site.

Some dude puts out info that he was trained on in SERE school, that I can only imagine civilians in war torn shitholes would have paid everything to absorb before conflict happened, and everyone shits on it. Calls it larping etc etc.

If that's the thought process then almost every CCW person is a John Wick larping wanna be.

I've had to stop myself from being so negative the last 24months. Things are weird and the world is full of negativity on display 24/7. Who knows what will happen, I go back and forth but man the nihilism in this place is real.
Long question, short answer: they're fat and never shoot.

I kind of am leaning towards people who are so unhappy with themselves they only exist to talk shit over the internet or disrupt actual dialog, as they would never say a word to anyone in real life, in fear of facing actual consequences for their big mouths..
Yeah you're probably right. Lots of people feel powerless in real life but can play mommy's big man on the internet, "That SERE instructor is a larper lol."

And yep, they'd never dream of saying that shit to his face. It's why I'm off all social media except arf and why I took an 8 or 9 month break from this place. I browse for a little bit of news now, but mostly here for the tech forums and EE with occasional glances at GD for the rare firearms-related thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been watching his videos on the treadmill for a few months. It helps with the boredom and I'm not just staring out how much farther I have to go. At the end of the day, it's entertainment that you occasionally pick up some knowledge from or find some new gear that you didn't know you needed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That was always weird to me. How some people will own multiple AR15's but a sturdy belt to carry mags and a med kit is going too far.
View Quote

Because having guns is ok, buying other stuff makes you a LARPer and the object of ridicule around here.
We are often our own worst enemy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm uncomfortable with the knowledge that my peaceful existence and sedentary lifestyle has me woefully unprepared for the coming tumult.
Although I have attended no formal training programs, I can't run to my mailbox without getting winded, my body fat percentage has given my dermis the texture of a golf ball, and I get cranky if I forget my CPAP; this kid obviously doesn't know as much as I do.
Therefore, I will declare that (despite his training, education, experience, and current state of the world) he is a larper and post a gif.

/GD
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Other than the Thermal, what was so outrageous with his gear in this video?   Seemed his 1st aid kit was a ziplock bag, everything else seemed standard.  

Is his water filtration gtg?  Haven't been following the new filters for about 15 years now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Other than the Thermal, what was so outrageous with his gear in this video?   Seemed his 1st aid kit was a ziplock bag, everything else seemed standard.  

Is his water filtration gtg?  Haven't been following the new filters for about 15 years now.
View Quote

His first aid kit was a boo-boo kit, not a full IFAK.  One presumes he has an IFAK on his belt or in the pack somewhere.

That's the same water setup I have for camping.  It's a great idea.  Get water, hang, filter into smaller pouches or even into a cup.

It's not cheap, though, especially if you buy a spare filter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

His first aid kit was a boo-boo kit, not a full IFAK.  One presumes he has an IFAK on his belt or in the pack somewhere.

That's the same water setup I have for camping.  It's a great idea.  Get water, hang, filter into smaller pouches or even into a cup.

It's not cheap, though, especially if you buy a spare filter.
View Quote

One thing I'd add is water purification tablets.  They don't take up much space and you can just drop em in a nalgene.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some dude puts out info that he was trained on in SERE school, that I can only imagine civilians in war torn shitholes would have paid everything to absorb before conflict happened, and everyone shits on it. Calls it larping etc etc.

If that’s the thought process then almost every CCW person is a John Wick larping wanna be.

I’ve had to stop myself from being so negative the last 24months. Things are weird and the world is full of negativity on display 24/7. Who knows what will happen, I go back and forth but man the nihilism in this place is real.
View Quote

I’m right there with you. The world is strange right now and people are dealing with it very poorly, the wife and I are just making the best of what we have and being as happy as possible. It’s working pretty good, and I get a laugh at the miserable little shits here whenever I log in.

Garand thumb makes some extremely entertaining and informative videos.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It isn’t just here, it is everywhere. Anonymity often brings out the worst in people and attempts at humor often come out obnoxious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that’s the thought process then almost every CCW person is a John Wick larping wanna be.

I’ve had to stop myself from being so negative the last 24months. Things are weird and the world is full of negativity on display 24/7. Who knows what will happen, I go back and forth but man the nihilism in this place is real.

It isn’t just here, it is everywhere. Anonymity often brings out the worst in people and attempts at humor often come out obnoxious.

we used to have shared values....now we can be torn apart like warm bread.

Fridge is full..netflix is on...
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those mini/micro sawyers are good to go. $20-$30. Most thru hikers now use them with smart water bottles. Sawyer started making them where they would thread right on.

You can also run them in line off of a bladder so you can drink and filter simultaneously on the move, though that set up has its drawbacks of course.

I used them on my AT thru hike along with aquamira, and boiling, so I had 3 options for drinkable water.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Great video.
Let the haters hate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The sawyer mini filter is cheap…..like $20.   Cut a section of your hose on bladder between the bladder and mouth piece, tie in the filter and your done.  You can filter all your water while it’s on your plate carrier, pack, whatever
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that the Mystery Ranch 3 DAP pack?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Great vid. I’m literally operating in my basement…..since it’s fucking snowing. Attachment Attached File

??
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great vid. I’m literally operating in my basement…..since it’s fucking snowing. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/39329/AA5A85CE-7521-4805-B3EA-A7BF8CE226CA_jpe-2352786.JPG

??
View Quote

Tell the truth. Are you wearing a plate carrier right now?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I just watched it. It was an informative video filled with gear I can’t really afford.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I plan on dying at the beginning so I don’t have to deal with the bullshit.
View Quote

Tell someone you lived during the cold war without telling them you lived during the cold war?

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The thermal screen was neat. I'd never heard of it.
View Quote

I had not either.

It's on the list now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I kind of am leaning towards people who are so unhappy with themselves they only exist to talk shit over the internet or disrupt actual dialog, as they would never say a word to anyone in real life, in fear of facing actual consequences for their big mouths…..
View Quote

Who's unhappy?

I see lots of lazy piece of shit comments to be funny but not too many unhappy posts. Not trying to argue but I feel like I missed a couple comments.

Edit
It's the haters

Carry on
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had not either.

It's on the list now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had not either.

It's on the list now.

Where are you finding these?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First step to surviving urban combat is don't live in an urban environment
View Quote

Die early, be fit, live rural…

So much great advice here.

I’m in great shape, live in the sticks and still plan on getting clapped by Tyrone’s high-point and donating all my gucciest gear to his noble cause.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Where are you finding these?
View Quote

https://relvcamo.com/relv-eclipse/
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I had not either.

It's on the list now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had not either.

It's on the list now.

I’m thinking some simple plastic wrap or sheet would provide the same thermal barrier concealment against thermal scans. Just don’t let it touch you. If I get a chance tonight, I’ll try to see if it works well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Great videos. I'm guessing the haters on page 1 are fat and unfit and will die. So they take it out on me, a LARPing ARFCOMMER.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Tell the truth. Are you wearing a plate carrier right now?
View Quote

Nope. A pair of carhartt pants and a gray hoodie.

What are you wearing? ??

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you don’t have rite-in-rain…fuck you.

I enjoy his stuff, I’m a subscriber
View Quote

This, his honest reactions crack me up!
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Last I saw, he only released two videos in the planned series. I'm disappointed, I'm no stranger to being out in the woods with a pack and rifle but additional/different opinions and experience are welcome. At best it challenges assumptions and drives improvements, at worst it cements existing decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought he released them?

Last I saw, he only released two videos in the planned series. I'm disappointed, I'm no stranger to being out in the woods with a pack and rifle but additional/different opinions and experience are welcome. At best it challenges assumptions and drives improvements, at worst it cements existing decisions.

I think theyre just supposedto be released on a staggered schedule. There will still be more mountain videos.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Wtf $400?

I thought someone posted a vid where a woobie and space blanket did the same.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:23:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude talks like a fuckin weatherman.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Great vid. I’m literally operating in my basement…..since it’s fucking snowing. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/39329/AA5A85CE-7521-4805-B3EA-A7BF8CE226CA_jpe-2352786.JPG

??
View Quote

I'm operating a cold cut turkey sandwich too while waiting for shit to kick off

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Terrible observation. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think theyre just supposedto be released on a staggered schedule. There will still be more mountain videos.
View Quote

Excellent.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Great video.
Let the haters hate.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You’re probably right. Oh well. I’m gonna go bang my pregnant wife and smile because life is pretty freaking cool if you want it to be
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re probably right. Oh well. I’m gonna go bang my pregnant wife and smile because life is pretty freaking cool if you want it to be

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Those mini/micro sawyers are good to go. $20-$30. Most thru hikers now use them with smart water bottles.

I used them on my AT thru hike along with aquamira, and boiling, so I had 3 options for drinkable water.
View Quote

This right here, shows this man is neither fat nor a LARPer. Listen to him.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#38]
An anti-thermal poncho?  Link?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll have to watch it, as he's a good watch on topics at times.  Before I even do so though; I have to say, if shit's going down that you need urban combat kit - I can't think of a brighter beacon flag to indicate you're the first guy to put rounds into, if you go around dressed and kitted out like he seems to demonstrate from my quick 10 second snap-through.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Wtf $400?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wtf $400?

For the “just as gud” crowd.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll have to watch it, as he's a good watch on topics at times.  Before I even do so though; I have to say, if shit's going down that you need urban combat kit - I can't think of a brighter beacon flag to indicate you're the first guy to put rounds into, if you go around dressed and kitted out like he seems to demonstrate from my quick 10 second snap-through.
View Quote

It's covered.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#42]
ARFCOM hates everything so I start from the standpoint that if ARFCOM hates it, it might just be good.
I’ll check out anything that could be beneficial.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Spent three days hiking in the Ozarks.

I found a naturally occurring toilet with a built in bidet.

This is where we will meet.

Attachment Attached File

Aka, a losing stream.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's everywhere. It's easier to criticize than to do.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's covered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's covered.

Yep.  And it is simultaneously depressing and encouraging that gun culture is shifting more and more towards “ we might actually have to know what we’re doing and protect our rights” from “haha fun gun go bang”

Glad people like him are putting info out and glad some folks are listening.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

??
View Quote

Same here on all accounts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#48]
The realdoll factory is 2500 miles from me.  I’m never going to make the trek.  Might as well make a hard push to the local liquor store and go out with a deep blackout on
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Good video, watched it on the treadmill as I’m making an effort to be more fit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah.
GD is a fucking shithole nowadays full of tacticool jack wagons who shit on everything they didn't originate.

Fucking can't stand what this place has become.

It's cool though.

Most of these snowflake pieces of shit will off themselves within 20 minutes of SHTF out of fear,  then we can take their wives for our harems.

H
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top