BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kim going back to Albuquerque and making a confession statement served no purpose. Howard Hamlin by all evidence had no kids and a bitch wife that was in the process of divorcing him when he got killed so there was no reason to restore his honor to anybody. Like all the other shit in Kim's life, she just needed to tamp down and keep down any guilt and took it to her grave. Both her and Jimmy are just the worst on not leaving shit alone and letting sleeping dogs lie.
View Quote

My take was that she did it to screw over Saul.

Saul was flippant over the divorce and bragging about the Sandpiper settlement when she last saw him. She moved on and six years later he calls her up and she says he needs to turn himself in and he chews her head off and belittles her.

By confessing publicly, she puts Saul back on the radar with new crimes and new connections to the cartel that they may not have had before. She knows they’ll investigate and find the call to her workplace and track him down.

She doesn’t know it won’t matter because at the same time, Saul screws up in Omaha and tips the local authorities that he’s there so he’s screwed anyways.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn is it me or has Kim been hitting the gym? Her arms looked jacked. Definitely not a life I saw for her. Almost thought for a second with her living in Titusville FL she might have been working for KAC.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damn is it me or has Kim been hitting the gym? Her arms looked jacked. Definitely not a life I saw for her. Almost thought for a second with her living in Titusville FL she might have been working for KAC.
View Quote

She's been hitting the headboard
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep!
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Saul was flippant over the divorce and bragging about the Sandpiper settlement when she last saw him. She moved on and six years later he calls her up and she says he needs to turn himself in and he chews her head off and belittles her.

By confessing publicly, she puts Saul back on the radar with new crimes and new connections to the cartel that they may not have had before. She knows they’ll investigate and find the call to her workplace and track him down.

She doesn’t know it won’t matter because at the same time, Saul screws up in Omaha and tips the local authorities that he’s there so he’s screwed anyways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kim going back to Albuquerque and making a confession statement served no purpose. Howard Hamlin by all evidence had no kids and a bitch wife that was in the process of divorcing him when he got killed so there was no reason to restore his honor to anybody. Like all the other shit in Kim's life, she just needed to tamp down and keep down any guilt and took it to her grave. Both her and Jimmy are just the worst on not leaving shit alone and letting sleeping dogs lie.

if you have been paying attention to breaking bad and better call saul, all major characters have closure. most die, some escape to a new life (pinkman). kim going back to albuquerque and confessing is that characters closure. in the end, its the only one that makes sense for kim. if she had stayed with jimmy she would have gone down like jimmy in the last episode.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

if you have been paying attention to breaking bad and better call saul, all major characters have closure. most die, some escape to a new life (pinkman). kim going back to albuquerque and confessing is that characters closure. in the end, its the only one that makes sense for kim. if she had stayed with jimmy she would have gone down like jimmy in the last episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like some people didn't see her breakdown scene on the airport bus.  (I usually tune out emotion like that too, but this was too good, like a real person crying, not a hollywood droid)  That's 6+ years of angst being released at once, perfect ending for the character.  Breaking good, the best she can.

Interesting thought it how is it going to work out with Yup Yup back home.  If newly freed, she could drop him like a hot potato...or she could turn into a firecracker and tradwife them both to greatness.  Kim has rebuilt herself a couple times now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I think there might me another spin-off.

Saul will change identity again.

We may not have seen the last of Kim neither.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:34:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we think there was only one phone call from Saul to Kim, because it looks like the one we saw the other week could be a second call where Kim informs Saul about her confession.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do we think there was only one phone call from Saul to Kim, because it looks like the one we saw the other week could be a second call where Kim informs Saul about her confession.
View Quote

I thought it was the same call. Last week we saw Saul on a payphone, this week we heard the same call from Kim's perspective. Right now, Saul doesn't yet know about the confession.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Saul screwed himself with the latest scam. If he had just walked out the door and got into his crime partners cab he would be fine. But he had to be greedy and act like he was above it all.  Cab driver freaked out with the police behind him and with his failed get away Saul sealed his own fate.  The phone call to the old lady set off her Spidey senses and she did some digging and up popped "Better call Saul".
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The phone call to the old lady set off her Spidey senses and she did some digging and up popped "Better call Saul".
View Quote
The exact moment he screwed up was when he told her something like "here you just show up with cash, it's nothing like Albuquerque".  I believe he told her earlier that he'd never been to Albuquerque when she was telling him about the trouble her son got into there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Saul screwed himself with the latest scam. If he had just walked out the door and got into his crime partners cab he would be fine. But he had to be greedy and act like he was above it all.  Cab driver freaked out with the police behind him and with his failed get away Saul sealed his own fate.  The phone call to the old lady set off her Spidey senses and she did some digging and up popped "Better call Saul".
View Quote

I think he screwed up taking an active role in a scam to just score some watches and documents for identity fraud. Saul's strengths are that he knows how the game is played and has the contacts in the criminal underworld to play it. He's essentially at his best when he's doing back-office admin work.

There's no way I'd be doing any of this breaking and entering work if I was in his shoes. I'd be teach the crew the scams, fencing the goods to the right people, and laundering our profits. It isn't a laser tag or carwash business, but $2k can get you a refurbished vending machine business that's scalable. Actually now that I think about it,  if they had gone that route it would be a pretty hilarious outro to see Bill Oakley fight with a vending machine before representing his new client, Jimmy McGill.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Saul is broken. He's lost it all. His shell companies got rolled up and everybody he knew as Jimmy or Saul has turned their back on him. Kim told him to fuck off during that call. He snapped and went full self-destruct. Well, almost. As broken as he is, he still pulled back from hurting Jeff's mom when she told him she trusted him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cab driver freaked out with the police behind him and with his failed get away Saul sealed his own fate.
View Quote

Seemed to me the cab driver did it to distract the cops so saul could walk away from the house unseen.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Seemed to me the cab driver did it to distract the cops so saul could walk away from the house unseen.

View Quote

100%

It’s been very predictable. The moment he showed the old bag the cat videos I told my wife exactly what would happen.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Monday can’t get here quick enough!
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will be bittersweet for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cab driver freaked out with the police behind him and with his failed get away Saul sealed his own fate.

Go back and watch it again. Can driver freaked out when the cops showed up. He was nervous as all get out. He tried to make an amazing escape but was to reckless. At least that's the way I see it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep Yep Yep
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Jimmy/Saul/Gene slips away again and the last we see of him, he’s running the cash register in a neighborhood store on the south side of Chicago, in his own personal hell.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Jimmy/Saul/Gene slips away again and the last we see of him, he’s running the cash register in a neighborhood store on the south side of Chicago, in his own personal hell.
View Quote

I don't think he's that lucky. There will be an APB out on him with description. He'll try and call the hoover vacuum sales guy to try and get an exfil but he won't get one. He's burnt and too toxic to touch.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Even if the vac salesman is alive (I know the actor passed away) would you want to disappear someone again that was this stupid in getting back on the radar?

Would be hilarious if they're trying to set up a better call Saul reboot from within prison.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Saul the prison lawyer series would be a hoot!
I’m going to send that suggestion to Vince.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Even if the vac salesman is alive (I know the actor passed away) would you want to disappear someone again that was this stupid in getting back on the radar?

Would be hilarious if they're trying to set up a better call Saul reboot from within prison.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Prison Saul sketch comedy
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't think he's that lucky. There will be an APB out on him with description. He'll try and call the hoover vacuum sales guy to try and get an exfil but he won't get one. He's burnt and too toxic to touch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s small potatoes compared to Heisenberg and the heat that was on him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

the SaulGoodman Redemption.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Did anyone else notice that his diploma from the University of American Samoa said Saul Goodman
and not James McGill?

Screw up from the set designers or when a person changes their name they can get a new diploma to reflect that?
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Did anyone else notice that his diploma from the University of American Samoa said Saul Goodman
and not James McGill?

Screw up from the set designers or when a person changes their name they can get a new diploma to reflect that?
View Quote
Saw that.   I assumed he made a new one.  Probably a fake even though he had one as Jimmy
Window dressing on his criminal lawyer office
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Chain of Command: Madrigal Electromotive Security Training | Better Call Saul
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Correction, Titsville, FL at least that is what I read once. I thought Jessie’s acting was weak and forced the last two episodes and I think Walt just reminds me of his real libtard self so it is hard to appreciate him…yeah, I know, so is the rest of Hollywood
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 10:15:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
and not James McGill?

View Quote

The degree actually said "Master of Arts" which would imply it was a follow on post graduate degree that he probably would have completed under the Saul Goodman name. Most law schools would have given a "Juris Doctor" degree and is probably what would have been issued under the Jimmy McGill name prior to him getting his Masters of Arts.

That being said, the whole "University of America Samoa" was a made up institution for the show and not real. The Saul Goodman "Master of Arts" degree showed up in Breaking Bad first. To my knowledge, nothing has been seen of a "Juris Doctor" degree in either of his names in either show timeline.

One can get memorabilia stylized diploma certificates with Saul Goodman's name with a either Master of Arts or Juris Doctor on the internet but the Juris Doctor degree has no real reference seen in either BB or BCS universe.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:33:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Entire thread of stories of people not understanding the show: https://old.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/wkwmo5/please_explain_the_entire_show_to_me_this_sub/
View Quote

I understand breaking bad and Saul is being a piece of shit(but I like that)

BCS was supposed to be Saul during BB, before, BB, and after. What we got was an entire different perspective which I also like depending on how everything goes the last episode.

Kim fucked jimmy up so he broke bad with Walt and egos going to vacume man was Purgatory for both of them. Kim was better then Saul in every way good or bad.

Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't think Saul lives. ymmv
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:08:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The exact moment he screwed up was when he told her something like "here you just show up with cash, it's nothing like Albuquerque".  I believe he told her earlier that he'd never been to Albuquerque when she was telling him about the trouble her son got into there.
View Quote

Saul is a silver tongued shyster and I don’t think his character would of made that mistake.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#41]
https://propstoreauction.com/auctions/info/id/342

Better call Saul props.
Not much to see except for featured items unless you register to bid.
Which I am not interested in doing.
After it’s over it looks like the list will show up though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

BCS was supposed to be Saul during BB, before, BB, and after. What we got was an entire different perspective which I also like depending on how everything goes the last episode.

Kim fucked jimmy up so he broke bad with Walt and egos going to vacume man was Purgatory for both of them. Kim was better then Saul in every way good or bad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Entire thread of stories of people not understanding the show: https://old.reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/wkwmo5/please_explain_the_entire_show_to_me_this_sub/

Kim didn't fuck him up, she wanted to save herself. She stepped over when she thought it was doing [a little] bad to bad people, or in practice and application to help people (this was a Jimmy thing to giving the possiblity of redemption to other wayward souls), the ends justifying the means. But the Howard murder shot that down when she realized the implications of the direction she was going.

Yeah, Saul just went all don't give a fuck. Saul had his moments. During BB, and most of BCS, he was a sympathetic character, a lifeline to some questionable characters. But the last two episodes of BCS aren't reflecting well on him at all. The culture Jimmy was accustomed to, familiar with and comfortable in is his downfall.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't think Saul lives. ymmv
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Saul is a silver tongued shyster and I don’t think his character would of made that mistake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it slipped out. Jimmy was just so caught up in the hustle that he forgets others are not like him (if he associates with them). He's leading them to light. She doesn't see it that way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Kim didn't fuck him up, she wanted to save herself. She stepped over when she thought it was doing [a little] bad to bad people, or in practice and application to help people (this was a Jimmy thing to giving the possiblity of redemption to other wayward souls), the ends justifying the means. But the Howard murder shot that down when she realized the implications of the direction she was going.

Yeah, Saul just went all don't give a fuck. Saul had his moments. During BB, and most of BCS, he was a sympathetic character, a lifeline to some questionable characters. But the last two episodes of BCS aren't reflecting well on him at all. The culture Jimmy was accustomed to, familiar with and comfortable in is his downfall.
View Quote

I think Kim definitely broke him. When she left him he went full Saul that we knew in BB. The last 3 interactions with her it was clearly showing how she fucked his head up.

I never liked how they portrayed Saul so different in both shows until now that I realize why Saul became that way.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#46]
bump for the other saul thread
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Have not been following it the past 2 seasons, I'll order them and binge watch them when they become available.
That being said, I guess some of the show was filmed in town here. A scene popped up in Twitter with Kim driving around Port Canaveral, apparently she had a carwash business here (in the show).
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Where can I watch Season 6 Part 1?  I bought AMC+ to watch Season 6, but they only have Part 2.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#49]
There’s going to be a post series movie like “El Camino” covering Jimmy McGill’s trial where he represents himself as Saul Goodman.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top