View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
Originally Posted By TripleC:
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llu-ckEe5cQ

Interesting....
Spark plugs break windows has been common knowledge for decades

Not by everyone.  It’s only been a few years for me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The Musk nut-garglers got pretty quiet in this thread after he stated he supports "common sense gun control", i.e. a near total ban on AR's.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 1:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geralt55] [#4]
Originally Posted By JuanPing:
The Musk nut-garglers got pretty quiet in this thread after he stated he supports "common sense gun control", i.e. a near total ban on AR's.
View Quote

I don't like EVs
I had harsh words for Musk once upon a time
I still support him buying Twitter and running it as he would prefer to run it.
He's not running for the GOP nomination, if he did this would be something I would be against and would want to see him "Cave" on and "evolve" (as he has on a BUNCH of other issues in just the past few months).

HOWEVER, Elon Musk buying twitter is 1000% preferable to the SF Tech oligarchs running it for their buddies and to enhance the reach of their Gospel, and their Psy-Op machine.
That's still true.

IMHO if he's talking about cutting the deal down 25%, I think he smells them stalling.
Putting on a tinfoil hat for a moment, I wonder if the Twitterati really wants to maintain control during what could be a leftie legislative push.
They have incentive to drag this out (to hide their wrongdoings amongst other things).

One does not have to fantasize about the dimensions and particulars of Elon's junk, to think him purchasing Twitter and running it more fairly is a net positive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

They shouldn't have been so surprised. His comments were pretty tame for someone who doesn't know a damn thing about guns.

That's why outreach and education is so important. Most of the anti-gun left's bullshit will, to someone who doesn't know or care about guns, sound reasonable enough. Only solution is to get people informed enough to make the face when they hear about extra regulation for "supersonic weapons".
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I hadn't seen he said that, but I would expect no different. People in the public eye almost always support gun control. Reason being that if you're the one in the spotlight, anyone in the crowd could be your end. And famous people attract the wackos. While Trump may not support such things officially, he probably feels the same way in private. Didn't he previously support such things before he ran for President?

I think the real reason for this thread slowing down is because there simply just hasn't been much news on the twitter acquisition.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-28/musk-says-gates-has-multi-billion-dollar-tesla-short-position
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-28/musk-says-gates-has-multi-billion-dollar-tesla-short-position
View Quote

Heh.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
I don't need Elon to be a supporter of gun rights. I need him to buy Twitter and not be able to ban me for supporting gun rights or manipulate trends make it look like gun laws are more popular than they really are .
That's all

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 1:52:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I don't need Elon to be a supporter of gun rights. I need him to buy Twitter and not be able to ban me for supporting gun rights or manipulate trends make it look like gun laws are more popular than they really are .
That's all

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
That's all

Exactly. All or nothing is what loses ground when it comes to stuff like this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

View All Quotes
That's all

Its why our side consistently loses.  They insist upon "perfect" candidates, and "perfect" agreement with doctrine.   So nobody is ever good enough to vote for.  Meanwhile, the Dems incrementally inch forward because they take little nibbles of our freedom and nobody puts up a good fight.  They have new laws crafted and ready to go, and when they engineer the right crisis/incident whammo, out comes the "solution" to a problem they created, and people fall all over themselves agreeing to it.

All you have to do is ask yourself "does voting for this person increase freedom, even if only a little bit?".  If so, vote for them, if not, don't.  Its not hard.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#13]
That's all

View Quote

Yup, to paraphrase our enemies, no enemies on the right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
That's all

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Some people are blind. You can’t make them understand.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By billclo:

Its why our side consistently loses.  They insist upon "perfect" candidates, and "perfect" agreement with doctrine.   So nobody is ever good enough to vote for.  Meanwhile, the Dems incrementally inch forward because they take little nibbles of our freedom and nobody puts up a good fight.  They have new laws crafted and ready to go, and when they engineer the right crisis/incident whammo, out comes the "solution" to a problem they created, and people fall all over themselves agreeing to it.

All you have to do is ask yourself "does voting for this person increase freedom, even if only a little bit?".  If so, vote for them, if not, don't.  It's not hard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By billclo:
That's all

All you have to do is ask yourself "does voting for this person increase freedom, even if only a little bit?".  If so, vote for them, if not, don't.  It's not hard.

We're losing because we aren't willing to play dirty, lie, and cheat... for starters.

We're also losing because good men in positions of capability are doing NOTHING.

We're losing because we're letting child-like minds and the corrupt establish the narrative and we aren't willing to take the fight to them by organizing and going on the offense.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:15:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#17]
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Some people are blind. You can't make them understand.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Some people are blind. You can't make them understand.
Yes, keep voting for and supporting the capitulating candidates...that has worked great for us!  

Meanwhile the other side has their platform that never waivers and all that we get is a slow slide to their position because we have said that "good enough" is our gold standard for politicians and we just need to do enough to keep the slide at a slow pace.

But yeah, I'm the blind one.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#18]
That's all

View Quote

Yep, we all need to support the removal of the left's information operation tool that acts as an agent of the state.

That does not mean we need to hitch our wagons to EV's and gun control.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

View Quote

Isn't TSLA something like 40% off all time highs?
If one needs money to close out a position, it's a losing position, and in this case one which was a much much bigger loss not very long ago.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#20]
That's all

View All Quotes
That's all

This.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#21]

We're losing because we aren't willing to play dirty, lie, and cheat... for starters.

We're also losing because good men in positions of capability are doing NOTHING.

We're losing because we're letting child-like minds and the corrupt establish the narrative and we aren't willing to take the fight to them by organizing and going on the offense.
View Quote

They aren’t good men if they are in positions of capability and doing nothing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:52:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tree-hugger] [#22]
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chadjetlag:

No argument there, my Man!!!

None.

Now.  If our Military and Police have a front-row seat to what’s going on, and they’re doing nothing…

ETA:  EVERYONE in .gov has a front-row seat.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Bullshit.

If you really believe that you have to hate everyone that has a disagreement then you will find the world a lonely place.

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

Bullshit.

If you really believe that you have to hate everyone that has a disagreement then you will find the world a lonely place.

View Quote
Why wouldn't I believe it?  He literally said it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

Bullshit.

Respectfully, I don't think you're correctly reading Timeflies' post. He's saying (if you really believe) (that you have to hate everyone...)

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By RSG:

View Quote

Elon’s posts no long show in my feed and I have to set the most recent as he suggested.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Elon’s posts no long show in my feed and I have to set the most recent as he suggested.
View Quote

Awhile ago I said that the way things are going that people either have to take the red pill. Or rip their own eyes out.

Why do I get the feeling that is going to become less metaphorical in the future?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Andrew Torba is 100% right in the need to build parallel tech and a parallel economy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I think the Twitter folks are trying to drag this out because they need their platform in order to push policy things like the gun stuff right now.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

I think the Twitter folks are trying to drag this out because they need their platform in order to push policy things like the gun stuff right now.
View All Quotes

Elon pretty much agrees with them, so I doubt that is the driving force.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
View All Quotes

Regardless of his position, Elon wants there to be open discussion about controversial topics.  Open discussion would help our side, which is why Twitter suppresses it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By kill-9:
Regardless of his position, Elon wants there to be open discussion about controversial topics.  Open discussion would help our side, which is why Twitter suppresses it.
View All Quotes

This. Regardless of the musk haters and attempt to distract and divide, Elon taking over Twitter will become one of the biggest wins for free speech in decades.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bohr_Adam] [#34]
View All Quotes

This.

There's a world of difference between agreeing with a stance and agreeing that bots and manipulative algorithms should be used to suppress dissent and advance an agenda.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:

This.

There's a world of difference between agreeing with a stance and agreeing that bots and manipulative algorithms should be used to suppress dissent and advance an agenda.
View Quote
True, it would be much better if Musk was in charge, but I still don't trust him.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By spidey07:

This. Regardless of the musk haters and attempt to distract and divide, Elon taking over Twitter will become one of the biggest wins for free speech in decades.
View Quote

Probably the biggest win for free speech since the mid-90s when the liberals shut down the religious conservatives in their desire to rid the internet of porn.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By transplanted:

Probably the biggest win for free speech since the mid-90s when the liberals shut down the religious conservatives in their desire to rid the internet of porn.
View All Quotes

There is no "win" yet. He doesn't own anything but a big chunk of shares.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

lol

reading is hard

"Elon taking over Twitter will become one"
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#39]

He's not called "Elon the Con" for nothing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#40]

lol

reading is hard

View All Quotes

lol

reading is hard

Well, when and if he does, we can toot his horn.  Until then, he has thoroughly pissed me off with his gun rhetoric.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:10:18 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

Wow. You have so not been paying attention.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:20:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spidey07] [#42]
Well, when and if he does, we can toot his horn.  Until then, he has thoroughly pissed me off with his gun rhetoric.
View All Quotes

lol

reading is hard

You chopped your nose off, but hey you saved your face.

But you still have no nose

Look at the table at your nose you chopped off, with your own blade.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#43]
in on 69?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:36:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theodoric] [#44]

View Quote
No, I don't think I did.  He's right on the one issue of Twitter and he's a phenomenal visionary when it comes to space, and most of his other corporate endeavors.  I don't trust him on policy issues when it comes to the constitution, or freedom in general.  At best, he is a 1990s Democrat pragmatist, and he's admitted as much. That doesn't make him a friend, and it certainly doesn't make him a savior.  If he buys Twitter and follows through with what he said, I'll be happy about it. Until then, I'm a skeptic.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#45]
No, I don't think I did.  He's right on the one issue of Twitter and he's a phenomenal visionary when it comes to space, and most of his other corporate endeavors.  I don't trust him on policy issues when it comes to the constitution, or freedom in general.  At best, he is a 1990s Democrat pragmatist, and he's admitted as much. That doesn't make him a friend, and it certainly doesn't make him a savior.  If he buys Twitter and follows through with what he said, I'll be happy about it. Until then, I'm a skeptic.
View All Quotes

He’s no savior, he’s just a man.

But for me, on this single issue, he is a friend of liberty and being able to speak freely without censorship on one of the primary “public square” internet platforms that exist.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#46]

He's no savior, he's just a man.

But for me, on this single issue, he is a friend of liberty and being able to speak freely without censorship on one of the primary "public square" internet platforms that exist.

View Quote
I agree with you. I just wish he would STFU about guns.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#47]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/398889/Image-153031-2405249.jpg

View Quote

Weird.
I have been involved in many Musk/Tesla/SpaceX threads over the years.  Some stretching of for dozens of pages.
Even with my dislike of his role in many taxpayer funded projects I have never seen, nor used this pejorative.

Was this on todays talking point list?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Yup, he should know better.
Likely he has family in South Africa who fear daily due to their ever tightening gun restriction/laws.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

You realize those two tweets don’t necessarily contradict one another right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:29:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Photosarv:

You realize those two tweets don't necessarily contradict one another right?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Photosarv:

You realize those two tweets don't necessarily contradict one another right?

Page / 270
Elon Musk's Twitter/X. (Page 69 of 270)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top