Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2001 8:46:49 PM EDT
...and woooooooooooo sh*t.  That thing is a damn hand cannon!  I was hitting pizza boxes at 100 yards with the thing w/o even trying (well, besides trying to hold the damn thing up).

For those who aren't disturbed by a mental picture, I think I felt my penis actually grow a few inches between my legs after just holding the damn thing.  Next hottest thing I've fired so far has been an HK91, but that doesn't even come close to this sweet baby.  Seriously people, why didn't I do this "shooting" this years ago?

[i]This...is my BOOM-stick![/i]
Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that's more information about you than I [b]really[/b] needed to know.

I like the Desert Eagle, but the tow dolly and trailer hitch always seem to get in the way.

Try it out at an IHMSA (International Handgun Metallic Silhouette) match some time.  The .44 Mag is enough gun for the 200m rams.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Heh, I TOLD YOU, I took that scope off of my rifle; I'm shooting optic-less now.  Some guy on the boards was showing interest in them, I gave them a good recommendation, and offered to sell it to him.  Good scope, but it DESPERATELY needs a flattop for a home.

Oh yeah, I fired an AK-74 and a Sig P229 today too.  And yes, a Sig P22x will be my first pistol, thank you very much.

Anything else I can scare you with today?  Just trying to do my job [:D]

Jewbroni~

P.S. Woodworth - How does that scope suit you on a [i]supportive[/i], sturdy railing system?  That was the reason mine was less-than-perfect...does it do pretty good for you?  Kinda re-thinking selling now if it is :)
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot the DE .44 mag. for the first time a couple of months ago.  I liked it so much, one found its way into the collection!!!  It is a pure joy to shoot.--Sorry, no growth remembered, but certainly a large smile.  

It was easier to shoot than my S&W 629.  It is real easy to go through that inexpensive ammo too!?:-)

Real growth was a result of shooting the Barrett 82A1 .50 cal.  I think I had a perm-a-grin for atleast a day.  Those darn things are a real hoot to shoot.  Was out at the 1000 meter range the other day.  We were hiting the 2'X 2' steel plate all day long.  Sure put alot of holes in the steel.  AP rounds really do work.

Anyways, the DE .44 mag. is a cool gun, as long as you have your son around to pack it for you. :-)

fuatos

Link Posted: 5/28/2001 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know how much a DE 44mag costs?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone know how much a DE 44mag costs?
View Quote

Under 700 at CDNN for a Mark 7 model.
Rick
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:43:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a few rounds through a friend's DE 44, and I was surprised at how tame the recoil was.  I've shot a Ruger .44 revolver, and it kicked MUCH harder.  It was actually painful after a few shots.  The DE kicked on roughly the same level as my S&W 357.  The extra weight of the DE probably had a bit to do with it.  [:)]

And yes, it is damn accurate.  The longer sight radius probably helps quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, a slide that beefy and you'd expect recoil to be a lot milder.  The MP's carry them in Israel.  A friend of mine was pistol whipped by one in a bar fight and ended up in a hospital.

Anyone not seen the movie "Snatch" here?  One of the thugs uses a .50 DE, and there's a really cool and funny scene where he talks down other thugs threatening him with replica handguns (takes place in London).
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#9]
IMHO think the isralie mp's carying desert eagles story is another urban legend.
Sombody might actualy cary one but i doubt seriously its a standard issue side arm.

It would be more likely that they are carying as standard issue, somthing nato compliant  in 9mm. Perhaps a browning high power or a beretta model 92.

just throwing in my 2 cents [:\]

now that being said wanna buy my nickel plated 50 AE desert eagle?

Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#10]
A buddy has Mark 7 that's bright stainless steel.  Shoots great.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Raven,

you got more than 3rd hand knowledge of Israelis carry the DE?  I am not trying to bait you or anything, but it seems like if they had to carry 4 pounds of firearm, they'd be best adding a couple more pounds by carrying an M16A1.  

If I were in that area, I'd sure appreciate the rifle over the pistol!
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#12]
True Story time.
When I was buying my .44 Desert Pig quite a number of years ago, there was a paramedic who was trying to haggle with me over buying the extra 16" barrel that was included in the deal I was working out. I didn't really want to sell it, since I wanted to use it for deer hunting. While we were talking, I asked him about his pistol somewhere during the conversation and he proceeds to open up his blue paramedic jacket and show me this Brush Stainless/Blued Desert Eagle riding in a shoulder holster with an extra mag pouch. Now, this guy was only about 5'2"-5'4" and you could not tell he was toting. His blue blazer was big enough that you couldn't tell it was there. He proceeded to tell me that he carries everywhere he goes. I asked him about carrying in hospitals and police stations and he laughed and said that it is a big private joke between him and security in the hospital and that sometimes his cop buddies would kid with him too.

BTW: What's your record for spent brass in the air using the Desert Pig?
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#13]
i think the israllies police carry jericos which are baby eagles in 9mm.
yes i must add a desert eagle to my collection.they are just too cool..44 mag seems like the right one for me.i thought about the .50 ae but i hear tell its very expensive to shoot.i can get boxes of .44 mag (50) for 15-20 bucks depending on breand etc..... the action express in .50 is ,well i dont know but im sure its up there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#14]
i think the israllies police carry jericos which are baby eagles in 9mm.
yes i must add a desert eagle to my collection.they are just too cool..44 mag seems like the right one for me.i thought about the .50 ae but i hear tell its very expensive to shoot.i can get boxes of .44 mag (50) for 15-20 bucks depending on brand, etc..... the action express in .50 is ,well i dont know but im sure its up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top