Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Tom Brady’s last career game was him being dominated by the Cowboys and being SIGNIFICANTLY outplayed by Dak in a playoff game.

I think that was so bizarre and unpredictable that it used up whatever voodoo was making the 2022 season the most bizarre, unpredictable, and exciting NFL season ever.  Ever since that the NFL postseason has been boring and predictable.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Arizona Cardinals went 1-7 at State Farm Stadium this season.

Whether it is the Eagles or the Chiefs, whoever wins the Super Bowl will be 2-0 at State Farm Stadium this season.

The winner of the Super Bowl will have more wins in Glendale than the Cardinals.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tom Brady's last career game was him being dominated by the Cowboys and being SIGNIFICANTLY outplayed by Dak in a playoff game.

I think that was so bizarre and unpredictable that it used up whatever voodoo was making the 2022 season the most bizarre, unpredictable, and exciting NFL season ever.  Ever since that the NFL postseason has been boring and predictable.
View Quote
Hey, I'm just glad he retired after one shitty season, rather than half a decade like Big Ben.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
The greatest player in the history of the NFL retires and this is the headline at ESPN.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The greatest player in the history of the NFL retires and this is the headline at ESPN.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/AF1FE5BA-5579-4479-83B0-4BAF8743C889_jpe-2693872.JPG
View Quote

ESPN is full of wokeness....nobody pushes the WNBA like they do. And nobody asked for it...
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey, I'm just glad he retired after one shitty season, rather than half a decade like Big Ben.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tom Brady's last career game was him being dominated by the Cowboys and being SIGNIFICANTLY outplayed by Dak in a playoff game.

It kind of sucks that people think of it as a "shitty season" for Brady considering what he was asked to do and how badly the Bucs offense was hindered by injuries.

Being 45 years old and being asked to throw the ball more than anyone else in the NFL (setting a new attempts and completions record), behind a busted makeshift offensive line, with no run game, with receivers dropping the 2nd most passes in the NFL (1 behind GB).

In spite of it all, Brady, at one point, came up just 3 attempts short of the new record for attempts without an interception (399 vs 402). Brady not only threw the ball more than anyone, but he also led the league in the quickest release time (2.33 seconds).

It's one thing to see a quarterback retire after becoming ass themselves (Ben & Manning).
It's another to see one go out failing due to the team falling apart around them.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw where the jackasses on Good Morning Football compared Tom Brady announcing his retirement to 9/11.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Time for the annual "The NFL is racist and Eric Bieniemy is proof" news. Via DeadSpin this time.

These white offensive assistants became NFL head coaches since Eric Bieniemy's 1st AFC Championship Game
Over the last few years, Bieniemy has been interviewed close to 20 times for head coaching jobs but has yet to receive an offer. It's mind-blowing given that the Chiefs took off on this historic run once he and Mahomes became the architects of one of the most electrifying offensives in the league's history.

But, instead of telling you just how unfair this has been to Bieniemy, I'm going to show you. Here's a look at the white offensive assistants that have been hired as head coaches since Bieniemy and the Chiefs started their run in 2018.
View Quote
More bullshit and the names at the link if you really care.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Time for the annual "The NFL is racist and Eric Bieniemy is proof" news. Via DeadSpin this time.

These white offensive assistants became NFL head coaches since Eric Bieniemy's 1st AFC Championship Game
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Over the last few years, Bieniemy has been interviewed close to 20 times for head coaching jobs but has yet to receive an offer. It's mind-blowing given that the Chiefs took off on this historic run once he and Mahomes became the architects of one of the most electrifying offensives in the league's history.

But, instead of telling you just how unfair this has been to Bieniemy, I'm going to show you. Here's a look at the white offensive assistants that have been hired as head coaches since Bieniemy and the Chiefs started their run in 2018.

It’s Deadspin.

Name a further left wing sports media site…
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Brady to the Raiders is one of the dumber ideas floated.

That franchise has nothing to offer him, and he doesn't fit the... character... of the team/fanbase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, no more Brady. I was looking forward to Raiders Brady.

Brady to the Raiders is one of the dumber ideas floated.

That franchise has nothing to offer him, and he doesn't fit the... character... of the team/fanbase.

Lol, I know you love disagreeing with everything I post, but for once just take raider Brady for its face value. It would be entertaining as hell. Of course him on the niners or another team would be better, but nothing would be more entertaining than Brady on the raiders.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It’s Deadspin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s Deadspin.

It’s rumored the skins want bieniemy for OC.

I don’t know why he’d wanna go to DC unless he was given tons of money, but who knows.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe he is a bad interview, or he just isn't head coach material? I doubt his skin color has anything to do with it. Anyone who thinks otherwise would seem to be racist at heart.
24 hour sports news, cable and the internet along with gaming kind of suck the fun out of it for me.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's rumored the skins want bieniemy for OC.
I don't know why he'd wanna go to DC unless he was given tons of money, but who knows.
View Quote
Ravens have asked for an interview as well. Both WTF and the Ravens have said it would be a play calling OC position vs Andy calling the plays in KC. If he wants to prove himself for a HC position, becoming a successful play caller would be a start. In this instance, Baltimore (if they extend Lamar) would probably be the better of the two options.

Also, it is worth noting, OC's behind the absolute elite top tier QBs have NOT made for good head coaches over the last 10 years or so. How many of Brady's, Manning's, Rodgers' offensive coordinators have gone on to be decent head coaches? Adam Gase. Josh McDaniels. Nathaniel Hacket...

Just saying. Maybe the guys who are behind MVP/HOF caliber quarterbacks might not be as good as they appear. And Bieniemy is behind both Mahomes and Reid.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/AF1FE5BA-5579-4479-83B0-4BAF8743C889_jpe-2693872.JPG
View Quote

Is that photoshopped?  How did they get a picture of a WNBA game with fans in the background?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It kind of sucks that people think of it as a "shitty season" for Brady considering what he was asked to do and how badly the Bucs offense was hindered by injuries.

Being 45 years old and being asked to throw the ball more than anyone else in the NFL (setting a new attempts and completions record), behind a busted makeshift offensive line, with no run game, with receivers dropping the 2nd most passes in the NFL (1 behind GB).

In spite of it all, Brady, at one point, came up just 3 attempts short of the new record for attempts without an interception (399 vs 402). Brady not only threw the ball more than anyone, but he also led the league in the quickest release time (2.33 seconds).

It's one thing to see a quarterback retire after becoming ass themselves (Ben & Manning).
It's another to see one go out failing due to the team falling apart around them.
View Quote
Oh I agree, hence the smiley face.  I still had Tom in my Top 5 QBs.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Jane Thiesmanned on the first snap of the 2023 season.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The Shanahans are constitutionally incapable of keeping a QB healthy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Shanahans are constitutionally incapable of keeping a QB healthy.

What a flat brimmed hat wearing jackass. How many times did they try to block Reddick one on one with a tight end?
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What a flat brimmed hat wearing jackass. How many times did they try to block Reddick one on one with a tight end?
View Quote

Only Redick thats blocking is JJ
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It’s Deadspin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s Deadspin.

ESPN
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mannnnnn...Brady on that team would be incredible.

Andy Dalton will most likely be available, if they just need a solid game manager-type QB
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Andy Dalton will most likely be available, if they just need a solid game manager-type QB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mannnnnn...Brady on that team would be incredible.

Seems like Lance would just step back into the starter role.

Unless of course the 49ers are lying about being confident in his abilities and they know he's not going to be the guy.  They MIGHT have been able to trade him for a first this offseason, but with Purdy out all of 2023 if they tried to trade Lance everyone would know the team that knows him best and has no QB for the upcoming season thinks he is shit.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By David_ESM

View Quote

This one is going to trigger the guy who popped in the thread to remind us that it is the Kansas City Missouri Chiefs that are playing in the Superbowl.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This one is going to trigger the guy who popped in the thread to remind us that it is the Kansas City Missouri Chiefs that are playing in the Superbowl.
View Quote

Well it is KANSAS City, not Missouri City.
Whatever.
IDGAF as long as the Philly fans are not celebrating another Superbowl win.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm sure somebody will give Purdy another shot, but this was probably his best opportunity to be a starter...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shitttt.

I'm sure somebody will give Purdy another shot, but this was probably his best opportunity to be a starter...

I feel bad for Purdy.  Hope he comes back and gets another chance.

I guess it’s Trey Lance time in San Fran.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/dbenavides808/status/1620870970952286208?s=46&t=FwQJiTWY0ACZ2n9slsk8BQ[/tweet]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think with a decent QB coach and even just 1 really good WR, Dak would make tremendous progress.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:04:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, I comment earlier in the season about how good Olsen is announcing the games and it wasn't received very well by the crowd here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#33]
With the right Team and right amount of money, Brady will be back for 1 more year.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I feel bad for Purdy.  Hope he comes back and gets another chance.
View Quote

Same.

This was his Tom Brady or Matt Cassel moment.  From a lame backup to a starter somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ravens have asked for an interview as well. Both WTF and the Ravens have said it would be a play calling OC position vs Andy calling the plays in KC. If he wants to prove himself for a HC position, becoming a successful play caller would be a start. In this instance, Baltimore (if they extend Lamar) would probably be the better of the two options.

Also, it is worth noting, OC's behind the absolute elite top tier QBs have NOT made for good head coaches over the last 10 years or so. How many of Brady's, Manning's, Rodgers' offensive coordinators have gone on to be decent head coaches? Adam Gase. Josh McDaniels. Nathaniel Hacket...

Just saying. Maybe the guys who are behind MVP/HOF caliber quarterbacks might not be as good as they appear. And Bieniemy is behind both Mahomes and Reid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's rumored the skins want bieniemy for OC.
I don't know why he'd wanna go to DC unless he was given tons of money, but who knows.

It has been interesting to see the narrative change about Bieniemy (and his involvement) over the last few years.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It has been interesting to see the narrative change about Bieniemy (and his involvement) over the last few years.
View Quote

Lots of talk around KC sports folks that Mahomes and some others don’t care for him at all. Last year there was supposedly quite a bit of tension in the locker room. You saw Mahomes and him get into it one game. Lesean McCoy also said as much as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Damn, I comment earlier in the season about how good Olsen is announcing the games and it wasn't received very well by the crowd here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's improved a lot as a commentator now that he has some experience under his belt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:45:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Have to add this here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
With the right Team and right amount of money, Brady will be back for 1 more year.
View Quote

How much would a team want to pay a 46 year old QB? Brady already had that problem when he left New England. For all the talk of putting him on the Niners, they’ve passed on him twice. He’s probably have 9 Super Bowl wins had they taken him instead of Jimmy G.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Not female and lesbian enough.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Eagles fans: what is your official fan message board? Every one I found is either a blog style or only has old topics and not many posts..

I thought every team had official tapatalk type board, maybe sanctioned by the nfl?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#43]

3-1
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Eagles fans: what is your official fan message board? Every one I found is either a blog style or only has old topics and not many posts..

I thought every team had official tapatalk type board, maybe sanctioned by the nfl?
View Quote

Check out r/eagles on Reddit
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Check out r/eagles on Reddit
View Quote

Will do. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think with a decent QB coach and even just 1 really good WR, Dak would make tremendous progress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking a shock collar similar to those used for training dogs.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:08:42 PM EDT
[#48]
The Super Bowl will be Mahomes' first post season game wearing white. He has worn red for 13 straight.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#49]

When asked this..

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

When asked this..

View Quote

Good luck with that...
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top