Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2001 4:16:57 PM EDT
I have just completed my first memorial day weekend activity of counting the number of holes in the ceiling tiles at the library. I had to count over about 10 times (I did take a break for lunch) because I kept losing place but it appears that there are about 435-527 per tile. Lots of people stared at me and some stupid little kid asked if there was something wrong with my neck.

Tomorrow I am continuing my fun filled plans and will stare at that blank wall around the corner which was just repainted to cover up gang grafitti.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
holes??????????????????????[;)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I find your count to be misleading as a reliable source has informed me that in the counting of holes in ceiling tiles, some guys include the after market holes made by the throwing of sharpened pencils into the ceiling.
I consider these "post-ban" holes and they can't count.
Paid for by the (PFAHCTC)
"PEOPLE FOR AN HONEST CEILING TILE COUNT"
Eric the ammoman and chairman of the (PFAHCTC)
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I was kinda wondering how many of the holes were put there by Imbrog|io and his legendary gun saftey record.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:45:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Imbro, you can also watch NASCAR for kicks. It`s a car race where all the cars are hampered by lame rules and they make only left turns, 250-500 times, it`s a real hoot. Watching paint dry is also fun, the hard part is finding someone to do the painting.
You can also put elmers glue on the palm of your hand and let it dry, then peel it off. Fun, fun, fun till your daddy takes your T-Bird away.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I have just completed my first memorial day weekend activity of counting the number of holes in the ceiling tiles at the library. I had to count over about 10 times (I did take a break for lunch) because I kept losing place but it appears that there are about 435-527 per tile. Lots of people stared at me and some stupid little kid asked if there was something wrong with my neck.

Tomorrow I am continuing my fun filled plans and will stare at that blank wall around the corner which was just repainted to cover up gang grafitti.
View Quote

CAN'T YOU DO ANYTHING RIGHT.

Total hole count, NOT average line count.  Now get that one butt cheek (has only one) back in there and count!
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Holes?

BANG!

One...

[pistol]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
counting ceiling holes is fun... but compared to counting the "e" in an encyclopedia, it is nothing. you should try it!

aim for something more challenging, go for the 32 pc set Brittanica
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
One night, when I was stoned, I watched a lightning bug walk back and forth across the screen on my window for 4 hours. Every few inches his butt would light up and the entire spectacle had me entranced like a freakin' zombie.

I was convinced at the time that the bug was trying to communicate with me. Probably trying to tell me to stay off of drugs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Man............where have the good old days gone when lightning bugs used to just come right out and tell you what was on their mind?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got back from watching a city pot-hole repair job.  They were going to a second one, but the pace of the first one got me too jiggy & I wasn't sure I could handle another one.

1.  Picked loose chunks from hole.
2.  Several shovels full of alphalt-like patching stuff (not hot) tossed from truck to general vicinity of hole
3.  Drove off to next site, leaving untamped mound (not even by backing the truck over it) to be discovered by motorcylists.

Tomorrow I think it will be a trip to watch the Safeway truck unload.

[red]PRK
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...You can also put elmers glue on the palm of your hand and let it dry, then peel it off...
View Quote

Uh, that might interfere with his other recreational activity...

[red]PRK
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#15]
X--Kill:
ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]
You think you've got problems? I shoot people on the railroad tracks at night.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Imbrog|io,
You should spend yout time doing something worthwhile.
I suggest that you find out the number of bumps in a 24 foot by 38 foot ceiling that is covered with that spray on texture stuff.
No counting of one or two square feet and then averaging is allowed.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top