BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And there we go. Actual sticker from a purchase is $36.5k, not $20k.
View Quote

Lariat, Ecoboost, AWD, special edition. Whoever special ordered this loaded it up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A maverick with a real 4wd drive system would be better, even being unibody.
View Quote

You are crazy.

I've drive a mix of "real" 4WD's and AWD's (2 Jeep GC's, a F150 FX4, and 2 Highlander AWD's) over the last 25 years.

Without question the AWD's were vastly better at doing the things a Ford Maverick should actually be doing.......which is driving to and from work or the grocery store in occasionally slippery weather.

It's not now, nor will it ever be, an off road vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Awd+tow package put one I built at $25k
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m so glad I bought a new vehicle in 2019.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
People say they want a basic truck with roll up windows and bench seats, yet nobody actually buys those.
View Quote

Bullshit. I recently paid a stupid amount for a 25yo little truck with low miles, manual trans, crank windows, manual locks, no cc, and no ac. Was happy to finally find one and happy to pay the stupid price. It’s been my daily driver for a few months now. Love it. No way that I’m the only one willing to pay for simplicity.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
They cut off orders for the hybrid a while ago.    This is just for the ecoboost version.    Factory is maxed through the end of the model year's run.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bullshit. I recently paid a stupid amount for a 25yo little truck with low miles, manual trans, crank windows, manual locks, no cc, and no ac. Was happy to finally find one and happy to pay the stupid price. It’s been my daily driver for a few months now. Love it. No way that I’m the only one willing to pay for simplicity.
View Quote

No, there may be as many as 4 or 5 more of you.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://stocks.apple.com/AA7O33vjaTY2lKgm2AHHYDA

Not surprised.

“Auto maker says demand for new truck has surged and it has hit limit on what it can build”

I guess good on ford for building something cheap but it seems it’s just not a realistic price point in todays market.
View Quote

Uh .... they have sold out. That seems like a pretty great price point in today's market
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except you are really are. Someone else in this forum argued years ago that people everywhere wanted manual transmission trucks and his proof was that he bought one. A little tiny bit of research showed that his particular truck had a 1% take rate of the manual transmission and the ones that were on dealer lots were not only deeply discounted but sitting there for a very long time. Amusingly he was in one the previous "manual vs auto" threads singing an entirely different tune now that he replaced that truck.

When people say "no one does" they don't mean that literally no one does. 1% is practically no one one though and it should not really be a shocker to anyone who can spend more than 10 seconds thinking on it as to why manufacturers aren't scrambling to make trucks that target an extreme minority which gives them the least amount of profit per sale.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Except you are really are. Someone else in this forum argued years ago that people everywhere wanted manual transmission trucks and his proof was that he bought one. A little tiny bit of research showed that his particular truck had a 1% take rate of the manual transmission and the ones that were on dealer lots were not only deeply discounted but sitting there for a very long time. Amusingly he was in one the previous "manual vs auto" threads singing an entirely different tune now that he replaced that truck.

When people say "no one does" they don't mean that literally no one does. 1% is practically no one one though and it should not really be a shocker to anyone who can spend more than 10 seconds thinking on it as to why manufacturers aren't scrambling to make trucks that target an extreme minority which gives them the least amount of profit per sale.
View Quote

The part in red.  

There are people who have posted here and elsewhere about the maverick saying that they want a 2 door manual version.  How much could Ford sell it for?  Not anywhere near enough to make it worthwhile for them to re-tool.   What they did instead was make a vehicle that's a competent daily driver that's just enough truck to be useful.   So, haul the kids to the grocery store and throw a few bags of mulch in the bed, with enough creature comforts to make it not be unpleasant while you do so at an affordable price so you can send those kids to college.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough.
Me & those like me, know that we are a minority, but we do exist. I myself, know that those days are long gone, which is why I searched, searched, & searched more, in the era when they were available. Now that I finally found one, it will not be sold until after I die, lol. That said, I get asked “If I want to sell?” almost daily, with offers that would still put me ahead of the stupid price that I paid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope they pump out millions of these little city trucks, and take some buyers out of the "real" truck market.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hope they pump out millions of these little city trucks, and take some buyers out of the "real" truck market.
View Quote

And what would the benefit for you be? Less used "real trucks" for you to buy at a discounted rate?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Another ridgeline
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

What else can you buy nowadays for 25K that's AWD and will handle a 4000 pound trailer?

And yes, eventually, you will be able to buy one at sticker price or less.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When will they realize this is exactly what the market wants? I just want a reliable car that will last. Radio would be nice, a/c is a plus, but Since I can drive I don’t need automatic breaking or lane assist or any of the other BS that comes standard these days.
View Quote

Its too bad auto breaking is required on all new cars in a year or two, I think adaptive cruise is as well.

But I love my adaptive cruise, but I had the option to buy it or not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's more expensive and MSRP $35k if you want an engine that can match the 2.0L ecoboost in the maverick.

The Maverick requires the $3k+ AWD option if you want to get the towing package. Maybe the front drivetrain components can't handle the extra stress from towing on their own?

Most people buying these probably don't need AWD, but may want the extra towing capacity and/or beefed up cooling system.

View Quote

Probably has more to do with traction. Weight on the rear unloads the front tires.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm thinking about buying the turbo/awd one in '23.

Just seems like a great hand me down vehicle to the kids later on while not costing tons in gas/tires/etc and more utility than a econobox.

I wanted Kia to come out with the same concept since they liked to take risks, guess Ford beat them to the punch. I wouldn't be surprised if Chevy/Dodge start bringing in their Mexico UTEs piecemeal and assemble in the states to compete.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Lol fucking manual windows?  You people are out of your minds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol  manual windows?  You people are out of your minds.
View Quote
How dare they not have the same wants as you!  FLAIL THE HERETICS!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just ordered this exact config.  XL 2.0 EB, AWD, 4K tow.  Granger Ford running a nice little deal on em.  $3k off MSRP with a couple hundred in dealer fees.  Think mine came out to $22.5k or so.  Check the Maverick forum for the deal, it actually ends at midnight tonight so they can get orders in before the deadline.  There is a $100 deposit and expect a loooong wait, I dont really need it for anything in particular right now so the wait doesnt bother me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lol.

That is NOT what the market wants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When will they realize this is exactly what the market wants? I just want a reliable car that will last. Radio would be nice, a/c is a plus, but Since I can drive I don’t need automatic breaking or lane assist or any of the other BS that comes standard these days.

Lol.

That is NOT what the market wants.

Them being sold out kind of ruins your point (along with the dealer markup, though the general market could also account for that).

I’d pay extra for a 4Runner with the bulky knobs I can work in gloves and no infotainment system.

Forgot to add 4WD or AWD to my requests. So I guess I am a little high maintenance. Haha.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Just ordered an XLT 2.0 AWD with tow and off road package + a couple odd other things for 25.9 plus tax. Maybe they’ll make it by summer
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#25]
If all of you "muh truck" people would have kept buying Rangers instead of jacked up hambeasts that don't leave the pavement, we wouldn't be here right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Its too bad auto breaking is required on all new cars in a year or two, I think adaptive cruise is as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought about that very fact as I wrote out my initial reply.

Features so popular they have to be mandated by law!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://stocks.apple.com/AA7O33vjaTY2lKgm2AHHYDA

Not surprised.

“Auto maker says demand for new truck has surged and it has hit limit on what it can build”

I guess good on ford for building something cheap but it seems it’s just not a realistic price point in todays market.
View Quote

The demand is so high they can't build enough and OP thinks it's not a realistic price point... seems like they nailed it me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Yeah, fuck affordable transportation.  I wanna pay 60k for a fucking Kia.  No offense.
View Quote

Automobiles are the most unaffordable form of transportation. It’s a fools errand designing our cities around them and subsidizing their use.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Them being sold out kind of ruins your point (along with the dealer markup, though the general market could also account for that).

I’d pay extra for a 4Runner with the bulky knobs I can work in gloves and no infotainment system.

Forgot to add 4WD or AWD to my requests. So I guess I am a little high maintenance. Haha.
View Quote

Even the XL Maverick comes with a bunch of features the GD basic bitch car die hards claim they don't want, so this isn't exactly a huge victory for the "All we want is car with no AC and radio" group. I'd also wager that the majority ordered are mid optioned XLTs like every other vehicle Ford sells.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't understand the hatred for power windows either. I have literally replaced one on a vehicle that had about 175k miles of use at the time and it was the princely sum of a whopping $125...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And what would the benefit for you be? Less used "real trucks" for you to buy at a discounted rate?
View Quote

what discount rate?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Buy Ford stock.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've seen one in the wild.
It's a simple four door pickup that wouldn't haul much but is perfect for my needs.  

Ford has a winner.
View Quote
This.

Though the Santa Cruz also has my eye.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]
I now understand why my grandpa didn't ever have a car that was less than 15 years old.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

what discount rate?
View Quote

The discounted rate of buying a used vehicle with huge surplus because everyone else bought them? Or do you think you'll have your cake and eat it too where you'll be able to buy a used f350 for pennies and gloat that only you get to drive a real truck? Do please tell the class what you think you'll be getting out of people buying these over your "real" trucks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:22:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because it's oNe MoAr tHiNg tO bReAk!  

Fuck that.  Dudes talking about wanting vinyl floors and bench seats and manual transmissions, roll up windows and no A/C.  Fuck all that.  I want my cruise control, my automatic climate control with heated seats, Bluetooth so I can listen to music and talk on my phone hands free, I want my power windows and locks, remote start, gimme all that shit.
View Quote

Outside of Jeep Liberties that are just general piles of shit I think I've had to unjam and fix more manual windows in my lifetime than swap out window regulators. But we can't trust them yet, they still need another thirty years before we'll call them reliable!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Aaaand now every Maverick on every lot in the country just got a $50k sticker bump....
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I’m getting one, but I’ll wait until late this year or early next year. The prices right now are insane!  I know the options and everything. I would look sooner, but I have to have rotator cuff surgery, so as a paraplegic it’s going to be awhile before I’m back in a manual wheelchair and driving a car or truck, so I’m on no hurry. I’ve seen a few and they look great, but no way I hell will I go to my local dealer. He tried to rip me off a few years ago by trying to pass off a surplus fleet Expedition as an XLT, it wasn’t even close.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The discounted rate of buying a used vehicle with huge surplus because everyone else bought them? Or do you think you'll have your cake and eat it too where you'll be able to buy a used f350 for pennies and gloat that only you get to drive a real truck?
View Quote

I don't need an f350, but I wouldn't mind if fewer soccer moms were snatching up used silverados for 40k
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't know much about car manufacturing, but I bet Henry Ford would kick those people in the jimmies
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I’ve seen one in the wild.
It’s a simple four door pickup that wouldn’t haul much but is perfect for my needs.  

Ford has a winner.
View Quote

Yeah they arent much to look at but should do fine for alot of folks.  The payload is 1500lbs, thats more than some F150s Ive seen, be funny to see what it looks like with that much weight in the bed, may have to try it when I get mine.  4k towing not too bad either but wouldnt try anything that catches much wind, prob toss it around like a rag doll.  I got the 4k tow for the lower gearing, bigger radiator and trans cooler, will prob put some bigger AT tires on it, think 245s will fit without any issue.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fuck that.  Dudes talking about wanting vinyl floors and bench seats and manual transmissions, roll up windows and no A/C.  Fuck all that.  I want my cruise control, my automatic climate control with heated seats, Bluetooth so I can listen to music and talk on my phone hands free, I want my power windows and locks, remote start, gimme all that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand the hatred for power windows either. I have literally replaced one on a vehicle that had about 175k miles of use at the time and it was the princely sum of a whopping $125...

I'm upgrading from an old fleet Ranger. Stick, vinyl, roll up windows, sagging headliner, rusty floorholes. Those guys can have it. I love it, but looking forward to starting it up with my phone from my bed when it's below zero.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't need an f350, but I wouldn't mind if fewer soccer moms were snatching up used silverados for 40k
View Quote

Ok, so let's walk through this. Everyone starts buying the Maverick in your situation, right? Which means less people are buying Silverados, right? Which means when those people who were buying Silverados are looking for a new car they are putting in a used Maverick into the market instead of a used Silverado. The amount of used Silverados on the market diminishes, which increases their demand, which increases their price. So there may be less people buying used 40k Silverados, but that 40k Silverado you wanted is now 50k.

Trucks get the depreciation curve they have because there are hundreds of thousands sold a year and you could go onto any used car lot and have your choice of fifty of the things. Take away 40 of those and all of sudden there is a lot more leverage on the dealers side.

Having less cars sold is a net loss to those who are looking at the used market and a minor net gain for those buying new because they can sell it later for a higher price.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Probably has more to do with traction. Weight on the rear unloads the front tires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's more expensive and MSRP $35k if you want an engine that can match the 2.0L ecoboost in the maverick.

The Maverick requires the $3k+ AWD option if you want to get the towing package. Maybe the front drivetrain components can't handle the extra stress from towing on their own?

Most people buying these probably don't need AWD, but may want the extra towing capacity and/or beefed up cooling system.

Maybe right, I've never towed anything with a FWD. But if the weight distribution gets bad enough it can't get going, it's going to have a hard time steering as well.

Too bad it's just not a RWD platform, but I'm sure that would drive the price up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed

Make a cheap reliable car for the average joe and they won't cry broke when the economy gets back to normal and spending isn't as high.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The Maverick is none of that.

Single cab, manual windows and locks don’t sell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was told that the people on here wanting single cab manual window trucks were a minority and no automaker would ever have enough demand to make them.

Huh. Looks like demand actually outpaced supply. Imagine that

The Maverick is none of that.

Single cab, manual windows and locks don’t sell.

It would sell to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lariat, Ecoboost, AWD, special edition. Whoever special ordered this loaded it up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And there we go. Actual sticker from a purchase is $36.5k, not $20k.

That's what I ordered 3 months ago - well not the special (first) edition, but Lariat Luxury, AWD.. basically everything but moonroof and tonneau cover, though I'll add one aftermarket.

At this point I almost wish I'd waited to get a 2023 with the few issues worked out, and maybe Hybrid+AWD. (Can't get 2022 MY with Hybrid & AWD together) I'm no environmentalist, but a 40+ MPG vehicle with minimal truck capability sounds nice. Though roughly 80% of my commute is highway so wouldn't help as much.

I'd also be waiting until middle of 2023 for it; I don't need a new vehicle NOW but did want to trade-in while the value is high.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top