User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The filing made by Ascention's lawyers today was pure artwork. Rarely are legal submissions written like this.  It utterly slams Theda Care.

PDF: Ascention Brief Jan 24
View Quote

That brief is brutal! And spot on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a whole lot of judges that should be removed
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like HR dropped the ball with the help of the accountants, and then the legal dept went full retard.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The filing made by Ascention's lawyers today was pure artwork. Rarely are legal submissions written like this.  It utterly slams Theda Care.

View Quote
Damn, glad I read that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like HR dropped the ball with the help of the accountants, and then the legal dept went full retard.
View Quote
It sounds like leadership has been in full retard mode do of a while and only knew how to turn the dial up to 11.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:51:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is now a Covid thread according to the complaint.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255543/5416172D-686A-4634-837C-63AE50FA51A7_jpe-2253162.JPG
UnCivil law went through the filed court documents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yv7myyweqs
View Quote
Oh shit... they cited COVID as the reason for doing this? Well nevermind then!

Lets put SHACKLES on their necks! Lets go after all the retired nurses and doctors, and tech and threaten upon penalty of death... to report to work ASAP!

I totally forgot, all norms basic human rights go right out the window if you just cite Covid!

Cops: "You're under arrest for raping that young woman"
Fauxi: "I had a perfectly good reason for raping that woman!"
Cops: "...Try me."
Fauxi: "Two words... COVID NINETEEN!"
Cops: "OH SHIT! IM SO SORRY! You're doing Gods work! Let me get those cuffs off of you. Please please forgive us for the mixup. We didn't know you did it because Covid!"
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If the forced the folks to go back to the old company - it is not slavery - but a kin to indentured servitude.  
Don't get me wrong, that would be wrong for this case in so many ways.

As long as there is no continuing employment contract the employees have not requirement to stay.  

View Quote
Indentured servants, correct me if I'm wrong, are in that situation because they agreed to it in the first place. Granted, oftentimes the deal is changed after the fact... or the "employer" lied.
In this case, these people were under no contract. They were at-will employees.

This is just more proof of how so many hospitals have administrators that are literal spawns of satan.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
More on the story. The case is still pending as Thedacare is asserting Ascension poached the employees.

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2022/01/24/thedacare-ascension-court-over-health-care-worker-employment/6635683001/

ETA: however the employees are reporting to work at their new place of employment
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
More on the story. The case is still pending as Thedacare is asserting Ascension poached the employees.

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/news/2022/01/24/thedacare-ascension-court-over-health-care-worker-employment/6635683001/

ETA: however the employees are reporting to work at their new place of employment
View Quote
Is poaching employees even a crime!? Its not, as far as I can tell.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That brief was so brutal it needs the Randy Savage meme.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Case dismissed

On Monday, Outagamie County Circuit Court Judge Mark McGinnis held a hearing on a case that involves staff who were part of ThedaCare’s radiology and cardiovascular team, deciding the employer can't force workers who had resigned to stay until replacements were hired.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 4:12:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is poaching employees even a crime!? Its not, as far as I can tell.

View Quote

Not in an at-will state.

They’re people. Not hospital property.

Kinda makes me think of a Reddit story I listened to on YT. Asshat arranges to buy a convenience store, goes in for “walkthroughs” before hand and treats people like crap. Then when he takes over he’s shocked that he has no employees… he bought the store, not the employees.

I imagine the hospital admin had the same mentality… “you’re not allowed to leave, despite how we treat you!”
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:12:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lets put SHACKLES on their necks! Lets go after all the retired nurses and doctors, and tech and threaten upon penalty of death... to report to work ASAP!

I totally forgot, all norms basic human rights go right out the window if you just cite Covid!

Cops: "OH SHIT! IM SO SORRY! You're doing Gods work! Let me get those cuffs off of you. Please please forgive us for the mixup. We didn't know you did it because Covid!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is now a Covid thread according to the complaint.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/255543/5416172D-686A-4634-837C-63AE50FA51A7_jpe-2253162.JPG
UnCivil law went through the filed court documents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yv7myyweqs

@PatriotAr15

Lol, did you watch the movie The Death of Stalin?  When Stalin has a brain bleed, they did exactly that!  They went out to find a retired doctor because they had sent so many doctors to the gulags because of the Doctor’s Plot that they didn’t have any to attend to Stalin!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Now when do the civil suits start?  Because now they need to be sued out of business.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Appears to me that the judge initially bought the plaintiff's line of BS and issued the TRO. But, after seeing the irrefutable logic presented in the defendant's brief, he quashed the TRO as requested by the defendant.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Appears to me that the judge initially bought the plaintiff's line of BS and issued the TRO. But, after seeing the irrefutable logic presented in the defendant's brief, he quashed the TRO as requested by the defendant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm with Krink.  What could be the desired end states that the judge would hope would happen even if you accepted ThedaCare's position?

That the employees would stay in lower paying jobs out of fear for their ability to continue to work in their profession?

That Ascension would somehow quit hiring from the same local labor pool that ThedaCare does?

That ThedaCare and Ascension would form a cabal to limit churn by coordinating salaries?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm with Krink.  What could be the desired end states that the judge would hope would happen even if you accepted ThedaCare's position?

That the employees would stay in lower paying jobs out of fear for their ability to continue to work in their profession?

That Ascension would somehow quit hiring from the same local labor pool that ThedaCare does?

That ThedaCare and Ascension would form a cabal to limit churn by coordinating salaries?
View Quote

Exactly. Was this judge appointed or elected? Is he a leftist activist or a principled capitalist conservative like so many myopic members here? The fact that the piece of shit even put in a TRO and heard this case is a slippery slope.

All the talk from the troll about how "overpaid" nurses and doctors are, but never any mention of the pay the administrators get, the bonuses, et. al. of these self serving self important insufferable assholes. Like most other businesses, a few good ole boys and girls at the top raid the coffers and ensure they are well paid while shitting on the employees then having the gall to sue thinking that will help their cause. Goes to show how utterly out of touch and disconnected these shit head executives and senior management are. Doesn't matter for them though, because once they run one company into the ground their buddies on the BOD of another company hire them on and the cycle repeats.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The rest of the world's payment to nurses just proves what salary we should expect.  In most industries - they're relatively aligned.

In any case, what does matter is the overwhelming public-sector compensation to the healthcare industry and the declared pandemic...  exactly why the Republican Texas legislature changed their laws to prevent taxpayer abuse by Nurse Sally Ratchet & Co.
View Quote

Holy shit, I get it. You hate nurses.

Why don't you become one, rack in those big overpaid bucks. Like you said, any idiot can do it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Dupe
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Health care wages are artificially inflated in America by limits placed on the total amount of workers in the profession through their own industry players like the AMA.

Grandma will be fine;  she doesn't need someone with a four year nursing degree to wipe her asshole for $50/hr of your and my tax money.
View Quote
 I don't know where you get the idea that the number of workers is because there are limits. Every hospital I've worked at has never been fully staffed, there's always been openings.

Nurses don't wipe buttholes, there are other people for that. But you probably know that, seeing as how you know so much about how hospitals are run.

If you think nurses are overpaid you would shit if you knew how much CEOs and other administrators are paid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"Privately held" - yet funded by hundreds of billions of state money and your and my tax dollars which lead to vastly higher wages then every other nation on the planet.  Let me know what other industry I am required by law to financially support and I'll show you how they have similar labor controls (e.g. military)
View Quote

Do you get paid by how many times you use the word "tax"?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Which of course might be the case if they hadn't been in cahoots with politicians to make artificially high barriers to entry into the profession for generations.

I guess you're okay with them taking more and more of your tax dollars while espousing "muh free market" but some of us are not.
View Quote

The next time you are sick go to another country for help, you know, where they aren't so overpaid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:49:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you a doctor or is "SkepticalDoc" just a term of affection?

Why be so butthurt that Doctor's in America are vastly overpaid?  Just own it and carry on.  Every doctor the world-over knows it to be true; that's why many of them would like to come to America and work but needing to redo every certification and residency prevents it.  You can thank your industry special-interest groups for driving that.

I guess you feel like $30 for band-aids is okay because like you said - they're in shock or in a coma anyways so 'fuck-em' right?
View Quote

Drs from other countries need to redo those things because depending on where they are from, education and background isn't the same.

But not to worry, third world help is on the way. The savings won't be passed on to you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Na. I'm a born and raised American that served in two deployments in the Middle East.

You're apparently an overpaid doctor who seems to think it's okay to fuck people over for $30 band-aids while they're in a coma and is butthurt that some of us well-to-do Americans have caught on to your industry's scheme.

"EVERY FUCKING AMERICAN" doesn't have triple the salary of their first world counterparts.  In fact, outside of the Medical industry, I'm not sure a comparable example exists.  It's funny that you have to use Africa as your example to show how another industry is overpaid.  A surgeon that needs to resort to comparing apples to oranges to prove their point  If that doesn't prove that even you know how silly your argument is - what will?
View Quote

While in the military maybe you should have gotten paid what the military in other countries get paid.

Talk about using tax dollars holy shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Cool.  So you weren't overpaid but now you are.  I'm not telling you you're wrong for taking the salary you're being offered - it's common sense on the individual level to take the best deal.

I'm simply saying you're wrong for thinking that American healthcare salaries are set by any sort of true 'free market' and that any assertion of such about your compensation in America is laughable.  The fact that all you can offer up personal attacks and telling the rest of the first world peers to ask for more simply proves that beyond them knowing it - deep down - you know it too.
View Quote

Thank you for helping me to realize why Wisconsin is the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ah, it all makes sense now.

An expat is here to tell us how much better they do it in Europe.
View Quote

I had my suspicions when the misleading ranting started.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not an expat.  I officially reside in America and own properties in both places. I don't have any residency in Europe.  My wife is a European and that's great because on the whole - they're much more feminine than (most) 2021 American women are.

Of course the vast majority of America is far superior to anything in Europe.   ...but the highways vs the autobahn, lack of castles, and $30 band-aids are three things that are not.
View Quote

I'm thinking you're one of the many pathological liars that flock to GD.

The disproportional rage and jealousy of one industry segment usually points to some kind of compensation for something else.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I saw this case in the news this weekend

Pretty ashamed its taking place in WI.

A surprising number of folks seem to think that because the gov puts tax dollars in healthcare, that the gov has some sort of right to dictate where people are allowed to work or how much the can negotiate to be paid.

Fucking ridiculous. The gov doesnt have a right to dictate where free Americans work even if the have nursi g degrees and doesnt have a right to dictate how much private companies pay their employees. If the gov doesnt like it the can cut subsidies to that bussines.

This idea of gov control of the market for the public good is both communistic and facist. As has been pointed out.

*Snip*
View Quote
The slippery slope to single payer healthcare
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#29]
If any RN is interested, it appears Thedacare will now be paying big dollars for three IR qualified nurses:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is why you never, ever, ever, ever tell coworkers or employers where your new job is before you’re already on the new company’s payroll.
View Quote

Good advice for any and all cases that I can imagine.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool.  So you weren't overpaid but now you are.  I'm not telling you you're wrong for taking the salary you're being offered - it's common sense on the individual level to take the best deal.

I'm simply saying you're wrong for thinking that American healthcare salaries are set by any sort of true 'free market' and that any assertion of such about your compensation in America is laughable.  The fact that all you can offer up personal attacks and telling the rest of the first world peers to ask for more simply proves that beyond them knowing it - deep down - you know it too.

It is not just here in WI.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And if I were a current employee there, I'd be looking elsewhere right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ThedaCare:  We won't pay you as much as Ascension, but you can't leave us.  

If I were one of the workers; it'd be a cold day in hell before I'd go back to ThedaCare.  

And if I were a current employee there, I'd be looking elsewhere right now.

"*cough cough* "ive got the covid despite my mandated vaccines, id better not come to work.... *cough cough*..." *click*

*Ring* " ill be there for orientation at 8 am tommorow"
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I am surgeon, and I'm pretty sure I've earned every fucking penny.  And you're a fucking idiot if you think that Foreign Medical Grads should make up the windfall of physician shortages in America.  Being a doctor in America is a fucking haze.  The renumeration reflects the bullshit that I have to deal with on a daily basis and the sacrifices I made in the best years of my life and everyday I'm on fucking call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why be so butthurt that Doctor's in America are vastly overpaid?  Just own it and carry on.  Every doctor the world-over knows it to be true; that's why many of them would like to come to America and work but needing to redo every certification and residency prevents it.  You can thank your industry special-interest groups for driving that.

I guess you feel like $30 for band-aids is okay because like you said - they're in shock or in a coma anyways so 'fuck-em' right?

I am surgeon, and I'm pretty sure I've earned every fucking penny.  And you're a fucking idiot if you think that Foreign Medical Grads should make up the windfall of physician shortages in America.  Being a doctor in America is a fucking haze.  The renumeration reflects the bullshit that I have to deal with on a daily basis and the sacrifices I made in the best years of my life and everyday I'm on fucking call.

When my dad got sick and needed a surgeon, post surgery he showed up twice a day during the week (7am and 7pm IIRC) and at least once a day on the weekend.  I personally could / would not do those hours.

Also, my late stepfather was an ER doc.  He worked 80-100 hours per week. Granted there was down time, but fuck all that.   RIP Gordon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When my dad got sick and needed a surgeon, post surgery he showed up twice a day during the week (7am and 7pm IIRC) and at least once a day on the weekend.  I personally could / would not do those hours.

Also, my late stepfather was an ER doc.  He worked 80-100 hours per week. Granted there was down time, but fuck all that.   RIP Gordon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did a job for an ER surgeon. The guy's schedule was nuts.

He was on contract so he basically went with the highest bidder each work cycle, he was all over the country.

He would do 30 days of on call work, all hours, sleeping on a cot type stuff.

Then 30 days off, that's when he would come back, pay his contractors and continue building his house.

Really cool guy, but his sense of humor was out there after working on murder victims and other fucked up shit constantly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 11:18:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Losing Hospital Dismisses Suit in At-Will Case
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top