BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The details as I understand them:

Then the administrators filed a lawsuit. It is a right to work state. There is no noncompete clause. Judge halts their employment with the new hospital AND the old hospital and says the two hospitals should work it out. Meanwhile there’s a court date set for tomorrow at 10:00 AM

View Quote

Right to work States refer to unions.  Employees in right to work states cannot be required to join a union.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Interventional radiology techs and nurses from one hospital get hired at another for higher pay. The hospital they’re leaving sues the hospital they were hired at saying that care would be adversely impacted if they leave. Before the lawsuit, the employees say “pay us more and we will stay.”

It was leaked that administrators said “it’s not worth the long term cost to pay you more.” So they said bye.

Then the administrators filed a lawsuit. It is a right to work state. There is no noncompete clause. Judge halts their employment with the new hospital AND the old hospital and says the two hospitals should work it out. Meanwhile there’s a court date set for tomorrow at 10:00 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/what-to-know-about-the-battle-over-fox-valley-health-care-workers-now-playing-out-in-court/ar-AAT1za7

“APPLETON - It was unclear whether a group of former ThedaCare employees would be allowed to start their new jobs at Ascension Northeast Wisconsin Monday after lawyers for both health systems made their first appearance in court Friday morning.

The uncertainty is the latest development in a battle over health care employees that began late Thursday and is now playing out in court. It comes as staff shortages strain health systems nationwide — nearly one in five health care workers have quit their jobs since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.  

ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.”

Imagine being these workers. This seems outrageous
View Quote

The judge is ok with indentured servitude it would seem.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
It is a right to work state. There is no noncompete clause
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Judge must be getting a free boob job out of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Judge is a pos
View Quote

Judge should be arrested, convicted and serve the max sentence for felony deprivation of rights (13th amendment) under color of law. Of course, I won’t hold my breath
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Employees should file a federal employment  claim against the judge.
View Quote

That’s an interesting angle legally
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interventional radiology techs and nurses from one hospital get hired at another for higher pay. The hospital they’re leaving sues the hospital they were hired at saying that care would be adversely impacted if they leave. Before the lawsuit, the employees say “pay us more and we will stay.”

It was leaked that administrators said “it’s not worth the long term cost to pay you more.” So they said bye.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/what-to-know-about-the-battle-over-fox-valley-health-care-workers-now-playing-out-in-court/ar-AAT1za7

“APPLETON - It was unclear whether a group of former ThedaCare employees would be allowed to start their new jobs at Ascension Northeast Wisconsin Monday after lawyers for both health systems made their first appearance in court Friday morning.

The uncertainty is the latest development in a battle over health care employees that began late Thursday and is now playing out in court. It comes as staff shortages strain health systems nationwide — nearly one in five health care workers have quit their jobs since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.  

ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.”

View Quote

If I'm the employees and new hospital, Id tell the judge to show up and enforce it. If not, suck my dick, new employees go ahead and come to work.

and if/when judge doubles down on stupid, not only do i have my new higher paying job, i get to watch a higher level judge dick slap the stupid judge and probably get paid for it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

back to my opinion that judges are by and large...stupid, and corrupt.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So they HAVE to work at the old hospital, or else?
View Quote
Didn't we fight a war about forcing people to work where they didn't want to?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]
The minute the government tries to force me to work or says where I can work is the minute I walk out and leave the medical field forever.

Fuck administration and fuck the government. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the "bonuses" they're paying my coworkers to stay and work extra shifts. It's just bleeding the hospital administrators bonuses. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So they HAVE to work at the old hospital, or else?
View Quote

"Work"
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Unreal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Wisconsin is both a right to work and an at will state.

This judge is apparently a moron.

I doubt that the Republican leaning Wisconsin Supreme Court will let this drag on for any extended length of time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I would go ahead and take the new position....
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Remember when everyone thought being an essential worker was a good thing?  People even made up silly ID cards identifying themselves as such.  If seeing non-essential people collect $600 per week for a year wasn’t enough to realize you got screwed now you have a judge trying to set a precedent for what could easily become slavery. “Sorry but you need to work for this employer for whatever they’re offering”
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
“Your honor, I am a free man, I will do as I please.”

Make that fucker hold me in contempt.
That statist fucking loser should be mocked so much that he leaves the state.

How much you wanna bet that the old job was paying them 3/5 of what the new job pays?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Now you know how hospital administrators operate across the spectrum. They are literally this retarded
View Quote

It's why I retired early.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#19]
So can a At Will employee force their employer to keep them on until they can find a new job?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Maximum Clown world engaged….
View Quote

No shit
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This sounds like a really bad plot on that terrible show "Picket Fences".
View Quote
It is LITERALLY right out of "Atlas Shrugged".
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:08:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The hospital suing told the employees who want to leave to ignore the judges order and come back to work stating that it's unenforceable. Not kidding
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would not show up at the now former assholes no matter what unless the police carry me there

The hospital suing told the employees who want to leave to ignore the judges order and come back to work stating that it's unenforceable. Not kidding
Why not just go to work at their new jobs if its unenforceable?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would not show up at the now former assholes no matter what unless the police carry me there

Yep. I'd even show up 15 minutes early.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The hospital suing told the employees who want to leave to ignore the judges order and come back to work stating that it’s unenforceable. Not kidding
View Quote

From Leyto’s video, it appeared that the order was only that they can’t work at the new employer.  Not they they have to work at the old hospital or can’t work at the old hospital.

Judge is a POS and deserves ass cancer along with everyone from the old hospital that is involved with this travesty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck that judge.

Fuck him and his family. And the hospital.

Right to work, at will, no noncompete, no mother fucking problem.

Jesus I would burn that mother fucker down and give the judge’s  wife herpes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Judge should be arrested, convicted and serve the max sentence for felony deprivation of rights (13th amendment) under color of law. Of course, I won’t hold my breath
View Quote

Color of law eh?  13th amendment eh?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

From Leyto’s video, it appeared that the order was only that they can’t work at the new employer.  Not they they have to work at the old hospital or can’t work at the old hospital.

Judge is a POS and deserves ass cancer along with everyone from the old hospital that is involved with this travesty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hospital suing told the employees who want to leave to ignore the judges order and come back to work stating that it’s unenforceable. Not kidding

Lehto says the judge cannot force them to work for their old hospital, something about we ended slavery. He thinks the judge is bluffing and trying to get the two hospitals to come to an agreement.

Hospital Sues At-Will Workers for Getting Better Jobs

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Judge does not have the authority to prevent them from switching employers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Just show up at your new job on Monday and don't worry about it.... paying attention to liberal attention whores just causes frustration.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell Hospital that you quit you are not showing up for work, and see how the judge handles that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just show up at your new job on Monday and don't worry about it.... paying attention to liberal attention whores just causes frustration.
View Quote

The TRO is against the hospital that hired them, not the seven ex employees. The hospital cannot put them to work while their is a TRO forbidding it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:50:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Judge's BMW should get loved tenderly by a baseball bat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Maximum Clown world engaged….
View Quote

Quoted:
Maximum honk!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Forcing you into a place and forcing you to work? When did slavery become legal again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forcing you into a place and forcing you to work? When did slavery become legal again?
When the judge made that ruling. I honestly don't see how any judge would have THAT power.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Some people would take that kinda of treatment from a judge personal.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Actually I think this judge is trying to set a precedent getting it adjudicated rather than just tossing it out. As Lehto said in his video, the judge should have added that the old hospital should have been required to pay a bond covering the wages until the ruling is settled.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:10:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Hospital A is making hiring its employees less appealing to hospital B (or any other competitor).  Its sending the message, if you hire our employees we will delay the hire.  We will also make you eat a bunch of legal fees.  We will make it too costly and time consuming to hire our employees.

Its also sending a message to its current employees, it's too costly, risky, and time consuming for us to just let you quit.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hospital A is making hiring its employees less appealing to hospital B (or any other competitor).  Its sending the message, if you hire our employees we will delay the hire.  We will also make you eat a bunch of legal fees.  We will make it too costly and time consuming to hire our employees.

Its also sending a message to its current employees, it's too costly, risky, and time consuming for us to just let you quit.

View Quote
It's sending a message to potential new hires to stay away.

It's ridiculous that this wasn't thown out.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Unbelievably bad idea. I can't imagine how broken the judge and ThedaCare must be to think this is even remotely acceptable.

On a potentially related note, searching for "longest contempt of court sentence" was illuminating and infuriating.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I read the first part and this must be in Texas, they did legislation about 6 months back.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I read the first part and this must be in Texas, they did legislation about 6 months back.
View Quote

Wisconsin
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:30:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Clown World
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:32:43 AM EDT
[#43]
The employer who does this to me does NOT want me to work for them.  If they think it was going to be hard without me, just wait until I'm pissed at the involuntary servitude and do everything I can to make it not worth their while.

I don't even understand how the court is even entertaining this lawsuit.  Should have been laughed out of court.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#44]
I'd go back to work on Monday and tell every motherfucker I run into in the the hallway how much more I am going to be getting at the new gig. They'd be begging me to fuck off to the new gig before lunchtime.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Slaves have a moral obligation to kill their slavers and cast off their chains, or so I have been told.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:45:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go back, jerk off on your boss' desk (or your boss), get fired, let new hospital know you're available.

The idea of wanting to get fired from a job just let's my imagination run wild.

In the complaint, lawyers for ThedaCare wrote that Ascension had "shockingly" chosen to "poach" the employees during a stressful time for health care.

lol, I was involved in a suit related to that, and the only reason it was cool was because there was literally a contractual agreement between the two employers saying we couldn't poach either way. If they don't have a contract between each other, they can get fucked.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Imagine pissing off people that work with multi-million dollar machines that no longer care about their job or helping others.

That's a nice MRI machine you have there.   Be a shame if somebody threw every metal chair on the dept floor into the fuckin thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:49:48 AM EDT
[#48]
The video (posted 2x) provides an excellent explanation of what is going on.

The judge isn't forcing the employees to work anywhere, he has simply said they can't work at the new company.

One would hope that the judge is forcing the conversation between the old and new company to resolve the problem.

However, make no mistake, he done fucked it all up by not making the first company put some skin in the game like a week of pay for the employees to be held in trust (after all, they just plunked down a boatload of legal fees filing all of this bs)
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wisconsin
View Quote

Interesting
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#50]
I had something similar happen to me in tech.  Several of us left one big tech company for another  but not competitors.  Original company sues to stop new company from hiring anyone else with same “irreparable harm” language but they were not brazen enough to demand we come back.  Newco says you lost fare and square and if you want to stop others from leaving you have to up your game.  Judge agreed.  

After this Austin tech companies start to have back door “understandings” to keep salary’s compressed.  Probably still do.

Bottom line is companies think they own you and it’s good to remind them they don’t.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top