BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So true. When my son died, his best friend in Peru received a strange phone call that he believes was from my son within about an hour after Matt was gone.  He told me about it, but at the time my mind was so fried I don't remember the details.  My son has been back, once when his sister was in Oklahoma and he has been back to my house in Key West as well as the new one in Lakeland Highlands.  There have been two instances of physical "events" (items being moved) that we are sure were him.  He is not around so much now, but my grandkids (not his children, he had none) have been spitting babies out over the last two years, so he may be back.  If so,I hope he remembers so we can say hi.  I've posted about it before but one of my grandsons when he was about four or so told me about he had died before when his dad was his brother. I believed him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So true. When my son died, his best friend in Peru received a strange phone call that he believes was from my son within about an hour after Matt was gone.  He told me about it, but at the time my mind was so fried I don't remember the details.  My son has been back, once when his sister was in Oklahoma and he has been back to my house in Key West as well as the new one in Lakeland Highlands.  There have been two instances of physical "events" (items being moved) that we are sure were him.  He is not around so much now, but my grandkids (not his children, he had none) have been spitting babies out over the last two years, so he may be back.  If so,I hope he remembers so we can say hi.  I've posted about it before but one of my grandsons when he was about four or so told me about he had died before when his dad was his brother. I believed him.

You might enjoy listening to Dr Brian Weiss.

A lot of people laugh and think you are wacko, but if you have ever had an unexplained event, seen a UFO, or whatever, you will never laugh at the "wackos" again.

Can you imagine trying to explain to a colonial settler about getting invisible beams from space that will let you communicate real-time with someone on the other side of the world?  You'd have been burned at the stake as a witch.

As the Multiverse/Simulation ideas become more mainstream, it's not lost on me that those ideas could be considered very similar to the "soul is the real you, the body is just temporary" ideas.

I'm smart enough to know I don't know what I don't know...
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
My condolences for the loss of your father.

Also, there's a creepy Twilight Zone episode from the 60's that covers this sort of thing.

The Twilight Zone - Night Call
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My mom's phone has received two missed calls from my dad's phone since he died last April.  

She has kept his phone active in case any old friends or businesses call that didn't know he passed.  It is usually in their office on a charger.  She was going through the call history on her phone the other day and found two missed calls from his phone.  One a few weeks ago when she was having an especially hard time with his loss, and one on her birthday.  She checked his phone and found that there were in fact calls placed from his phone at those times.  She lives by herself and does not have visitors besides me.  There is no logical explanation that I can think of.
View Quote

Number spoofing by telemarketing to get her to answer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also, there's a creepy Twilight Zone episode from the 60's that covers this sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlBkAM1lZ_U
View Quote

That sounds like William Shatner.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will often set texts to send in the future.  Can you program calls the same way? The call on her birthday is something I would set a reminder for (but not an auto call).
View Quote

Can someone explain how to send future texts ?   I’ve somehow never known this was possible !!!
(iPhone version)
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlBkAM1lZ_U
View Quote

When I read this thread title I immediately thought of "Long Distance Call" from the Twilight Zone.

Sorry for your loss OP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
while I’m not inclined to believe supernatural events in general, after my mom died roughly 3 months later I had a vivid dream where we bumped into to each other in a crowded stadium and she quickly thanked me for all the help I gave her at the end of her life and quickly vanished in the swirl of the crowd

that dream shook my world, woke up crying, got emotional in the retelling to others.
now it could be just a dream in a grieving sons mind but I swear it was her thanking me from somewhere
View Quote

I have had two very vivid dreams about people who have passed, one my mother and one a man who was like a father to me. the dreams were a comfort to me & I`ve written about them in the Creepy thread. I know it may be my own grief, but I also know it might have each been a visit to comfort me.
no phone calls tho.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#8]
scammers

I get call from my own number sometimes
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Agreed, there's a lot we still don't understand.  

After losing mom years ago, I had a very vivid dream of her, maybe a week later.  It felt like I was having a conversation in real time. A few days later, my cousin called and related a very similar experience.

As an RN with the VA, I have taken care of older vets who, before passing away, would claim that family members had visited them in the nights and days before their passing. Is it all neural type stuff? Maybe, but I like to believe that there's more to it than  that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:10:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have had two very vivid dreams about people who have passed, one my mother and one a man who was like a father to me. the dreams were a comfort to me & I`ve written about them in the Creepy thread. I know it may be my own grief, but I also know it might have each been a visit to comfort me.
no phone calls tho.
View Quote

I literally just posted something similar.  I had a very vivid dream about my mom a few nights after her passing. My cousin did as well. 14 years later it still stays with me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Quoted:
There is a lot we don't know or understand
View Quote

Quoted:
I haven't experienced that particularly, but I've seen enough supernatural events that I believe you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Does your mom take ambien ? Not trying to be a jerk
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Damn. That gives me chills.

Sorry for your loss.
View Quote

It is appointed that human beings die once, and after this the judgment” (Heb 9:27).

so, i dont know who it is, but its not your family.... in my mind its gotta be an evil entity adding confusion to the mix..

and in the story of lazarus and hte rich man, it says "theres a great gulf between us"  meanig you cant get there anyways.... so that kinda implies it cant happen, so its something or sowmeone else... not sure who..
luke 16:26
And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.

27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

its interesting, i dont have an answer for it, and i dont know who would steer ya right, buuuuuuut, in these examples it doesnt apear that folks get t o go haunt folsk.... just my version, with those scriptures to go by
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
His number could have been spoofed.

It sucks.  That happened to a family friend of ours.  Her husband died and some scammer spoofed his cell number.

It messed with her head.

I can't explain how his phone has the call in his log.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There has never in the history of the human race been documented proof there is life after death.

With all of the cameras, phones etc no one has ever done it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There has never in the history of the human race been documented proof there is life after death.

With all of the cameras, phones etc no one has ever done it.

Quoted:

luke 16:26
And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.

God is all-powerful.

That said, don't underestimate Satan. He has powers too. If you think that bastard isn't one step ahead of you if he's got your number, you better think again.

Not everything that seems like a supernatural event is a supernatural event. That doesn't mean there aren't supernatural events.

If we trust the words posted above regarding "the great chasm" and such, the calls did not come from the deceased. Which begs the question, "Then who?" I say beware.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thank you everyone for the condolences.  It's been a tough year.

Another thing to add.  My dad was a heavy smoker, which contributed to his young death.  He never smoked inside their current house.  There are times when my mom feels his presence and smells cigarette smoke.  When this happens, their dog also starts sniffing and gets excited and runs around looking for him.
View Quote

Sorry for your loss OP!

My mom has seen smoke and smelt cigarettes at my house after my grandpa died. No one in the family smokes. He was the only one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can someone explain how to send future texts ?   I've somehow never known this was possible !!!
(iPhone version)
View Quote

It was easy to "schedule" texts on my Android phone.  I think it was a built-in feature of the messaging app I used.  Not been able to find it on the iPhone, though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Tupac keeps putting out new singles……..
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Another thing to add.  My dad was a heavy smoker, which contributed to his young death.  He never smoked inside their current house.  There are times when my mom feels his presence and smells cigarette smoke.  When this happens, their dog also starts sniffing and gets excited and runs around looking for him.
View Quote

My great aunt wore a very particular perfume. My uncle and his significant other have both smelled it from time to time. He has no doubts that it's her.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I've gotten spoof calls with my own name and number.
If you have your dad's phone just look at out going calls and see if a call was made from that phone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've gotten spoof calls with my own name and number.
If you have your dad's phone just look at out going calls and see if a call was made from that phone.
View Quote
LOL know how we know you didnt read the thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:12:50 PM EDT
[#23]
It really sucks that the majority of GD can't read for shit.

OP wrote that the phone that was making the calls SHOWED IT MADE A CALL ON THE SCREEN OF THE PHONE ITSELF ALL ON ITS OWN.

How can that be a scam spoof?

SMH
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So true. When my son died, his best friend in Peru received a strange phone call that he believes was from my son within about an hour after Matt was gone.  He told me about it, but at the time my mind was so fried I don't remember the details.  My son has been back, once when his sister was in Oklahoma and he has been back to my house in Key West as well as the new one in Lakeland Highlands.  There have been two instances of physical "events" (items being moved) that we are sure were him.  He is not around so much now, but my grandkids (not his children, he had none) have been spitting babies out over the last two years, so he may be back.  If so,I hope he remembers so we can say hi.  I've posted about it before but one of my grandsons when he was about four or so told me about he had died before when his dad was his brother.  I believed him.

A lot of people laugh and think you are wacko, but if you have ever had an unexplained event, seen a UFO, or whatever, you will never laugh at the "wackos" again.

OP, I am sorry for your loss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a lot we don't know or understand

So true. When my son died, his best friend in Peru received a strange phone call that he believes was from my son within about an hour after Matt was gone.  He told me about it, but at the time my mind was so fried I don't remember the details.  My son has been back, once when his sister was in Oklahoma and he has been back to my house in Key West as well as the new one in Lakeland Highlands.  There have been two instances of physical "events" (items being moved) that we are sure were him.  He is not around so much now, but my grandkids (not his children, he had none) have been spitting babies out over the last two years, so he may be back.  If so,I hope he remembers so we can say hi.  I've posted about it before but one of my grandsons when he was about four or so told me about he had died before when his dad was his brother.  I believed him.

OP, I am sorry for your loss.

My son, who is 4 now tells us all the time about "when he was a dad." The kid at 2 years old would walk around the house with a nerf gun slowly, checking all corners as he went down the hall and clearing rooms like he spent time in shoot houses.

At 3 he wanted me to play GTA because he likes the all black SWAT outfit I have for my character. I did a maneuver with a motorcycle and said "look I did a loop de loop!" because I didn't think he'd understand what a barrel roll was.

He matter of factly tells me "Dat not a loop de loop." I was like "what's a loop de loop then if you're so damn smart?"
He took his hand and did a perfect went to Top Gun school move and said "a loop de loop like dis".

Little fucker has been around somewhere.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

OP wrote that the phone that was making the calls SHOWED IT MADE A CALL ON THE SCREEN OF THE PHONE ITSELF ALL ON ITS OWN.

SMH
View Quote

It's completely ridiculous. I'm sad that 90 percent of the posters couldn't read and or comprehend the OP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#26]
On the morning that my dad died, I was heading out to work. I made it out to the main road on a clear morning, still mostly dark. At the bottom of the hill there was a small wispy cloud thing in the middle of the road. I felt really weird about it.

A few minutes later my brother called to tell me my dad had just passed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#27]

This is one of the best George Knapp interviews I have listened to

The topic at hand is in the beginning  - He  had something similar happen
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Spammers/scammers using spoofed numbers. It happens all the time.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Could have happened. I received three calls from my mother’s phone and it was turned off. Happened about four months after her passing when I was trying to decide about sell the house and moving.
My phone voice mail box has a transcript function and each call left a message on my phone.

Played them back and heard nothing but the transcripts had “yes” in the message box.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:06:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Could have happened. I received three calls from my mother’s phone and it was turned off. Happened about four months after her passing when I was trying to decide about sell the house and moving.
My phone voice mail box has a transcript function and each call left a message on my phone.

Played them back and heard nothing but the transcripts had “yes” in the message box.
View Quote

Dang!
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Does your mom take ambien ? Not trying to be a jerk
View Quote

That's a perfectly valid question.  No, she doesn't take anything like that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:50:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’ve had phone calls to my cell phone FROM my cell number. Scammers.

I’ve also seen a couple supernatural events. The strangest phone event I heard of was in 1987 when an Air Force A-7 lost its engine, tried to land at Indianapolis International but wasn’t going to make it. The pilot ejected and the aircraft slammed into the Airport Ramada Inn.

The young bell hop phoned his mom from the pay phone in the lobby—10 minutes after the aircraft hit squarely in the lobby. He told her he was ok and would be home soon. Obviously he couldn’t have made the call. The phone company verified the number of the pay phone and the time of the call. Weird.

Too much strange stuff like that out there for there not to be other dimensions, IMO.

TC
View Quote

Alternate time lines.  I caught a glimpse of myself in one of mine some years ago.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

God is all-powerful.

That said, don't underestimate Satan. He has powers too. If you think that bastard isn't one step ahead of you if he's got your number, you better think again.

Not everything that seems like a supernatural event is a supernatural event. That doesn't mean there aren't supernatural events.

If we trust the words posted above regarding "the great chasm" and such, the calls did not come from the deceased. Which begs the question, "Then who?" I say beware.
View Quote

How do you live every day worrying about shit like that.  It’s got to get old.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's completely ridiculous. I'm sad that 90 percent of the posters couldn't read and or comprehend the OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SMH

I've come to expect it here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:14:35 PM EDT
[#35]
OP so very sorry for the loss of your dad.....

Being a very spiritual person, I believe there are higher powers at work here...If you get a chance, read about Padre Pio, he is now a saint and his life is full of the unexplained

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:16:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Exorcists say they have received texts from the demons they are working on.

Could happen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Spam calls. I've been called by my own number 3 times.
View Quote

If you read the rest you’ll see there were calls placed from his dads phone as well, spoofers cant do that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SMH

Don't forget: They vote.

God only knows who for, since I doubt they can read a ballot.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm smart enough to know I don't know what I don't know...
View Quote

Ha, I was going to post that verbatim.

One has to be either naive, egotistical, plain ol' dumb, or a combination of those to think that they know every secret that our universe and existence holds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:29:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Ha, I was going to post that verbatim.

One has to be either naive, egotistical, plain ol' dumb, or a combination of those to think that they know every secret that our universe and existence holds.
View Quote

Agreed.

Another naive attitude commonly expressed by so many is that while planet Earth is like comparing just one grain of sand at the beach to a single star in the endless universe, it is the ONLY form of intelligent life. (ok, semi-intelligent ?? )
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Eli, I remember you clearly.  We met once under less than desirable circumstances on my end. I'm clearly
late, but i am so very sorry for your loss.
I don't have an exact answer for this, and I'm not huge on the supernatural either. However, I'm certain it exists. I hope you can find an acceptable answer to this.......

I still can't thank you enough for what you did for me.....it made such a huge impact on where I am at today. I am miles away now, but if you ever need something from me, I will do what ever I can in my power to return the favor...

Sorry to hijack...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Sorry for your loss OP.
I also believe that if somebody is happy with their death, they move on.
Others, not so much.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry for your loss...

My dad was a cigar smoker... there have been times when I've been talking to him, mostly while driving,  and have smelled cigar smoke... middle of the interstate and moving...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:12:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’ve had phone calls to my cell phone FROM my cell number. Scammers.

I’ve also seen a couple supernatural events. The strangest phone event I heard of was in 1987 when an Air Force A-7 lost its engine, tried to land at Indianapolis International but wasn’t going to make it. The pilot ejected and the aircraft slammed into the Airport Ramada Inn.

The young bell hop phoned his mom from the pay phone in the lobby—10 minutes after the aircraft hit squarely in the lobby. He told her he was ok and would be home soon. Obviously he couldn’t have made the call. The phone company verified the number of the pay phone and the time of the call. Weird.

Too much strange stuff like that out there for there not to be other dimensions, IMO.

TC
View Quote

IIRC Michael Murphy’s parents reported getting a text message from him, stating that he had arrived safely. (It’s in “Murph the Protector”.)

Only thing is the message had come after the events of Operation Red Wing.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#45]
I've experienced this phenomenon.  I don't think the dead go far, and I think the veil is pretty thin for those not in denial about it.

One person who talks about this a lot is psychic medium Laura Lynn Jackson.  

"Phantom Phone Calls" as they are called are apparently not uncommon:

https://www.liveabout.com/phantom-phone-call-stories-2593179
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top