BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do know that importation of most gun related stuff valued at >$100 requires a form 6
View Quote

The what???

Form 6 is for importing an actual firearm, ammunition, or implements of war.

We all know what a firearm is. And, we all know what ammunition is...

"Implements of war" are defined as "weapons considered collectively."

Nowhere is a "stock" listed. Why would someone need a Form 6 to buy a stock from Ivan??
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The what???

Nowhere is a "stock" listed. Why would someone need a Form 6 to buy a stock from Ivan??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The what???

Articles on the U.S. Munitions Import List will not be imported into the United States except pursuant to a permit under this subpart.
27 CFR 447.41(a)

The following defense articles and defense services, designated pursuant to section 38(a) of the Arms Export Control Act, 22 U.S.C. 2778(a), and E.O. 13637 are subject to controls under this part. For purposes of this part, the list shall be known as the U.S. Munitions Import List (USMIL):
- -
category i—firearms

a. Nonautomatic and semiautomatic firearms, to caliber .50 inclusive, combat shotguns, and shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches in length, and all components and parts for such firearms.
27 CFR 447.21

A permit is not required for the importation of—
Minor components and parts for Category I(a) and I(b) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any single transaction.
27 CFR 447.41(c)
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Again...Why would one need a Form 6 to buy this stock?

An import permit and a Form 6 are 2 entirely different things.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles ATF Form 5330.3A (6 part 1), AKA Form 6

Edit: Look at page 5 section 9(b) of the actual form and then compare to the CFR Part 27 cites above. If the ATF believes a stock is “any component or part” of a firearm, then it is. Until it isn't. Looks like it's pretty much their call either way. And I wouldn't want to be in front of a judge arguing that a stock is not at all a part of a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, they aren't.  A Form 6 IS an import permit.  Even says that right at the top, Application and Permit for Importation of Firearms, Ammunition and Defense Articles

Clearly you haven't read the directions on a Form 6......

General information, #7:
7. An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting type ammunition (excluding tracer or incendiary) and firearm parts (other than frames, receivers, or actions) without engaging the services of a Federal firearms licensee, provided that the importation is for his personal use and not for resale.

General information #9:
9. Under Arms Export Control Act of 1976 regulations in 27 CFR 447.41(c), a permit is not required for the importation of:
a. U.S. Munitions Import List articles from Canada not subject to 27 CFR Part 478 and 479, except articles enumerated in Categories I, II, III, IV, VI(e), VIII(a), XVI, and XX; and nuclear weapons, strategic delivery systems, and all specifically designed components, parts, accessories, attachments, and associated equipment thereof.
b. Minor components and parts of Category I(a) firearms, except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any single transaction.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#6]
In the USSR, State agents were expected to meet certain quotas to prove they were being vigilant in their duties.
It was common in some of the more remote regions, where there was really no anti government sentiment, for commissars to pretty much pick random people to report, just so it looked like they were doing their job.  
Of course getting flagged got you sent to the Gulag, but hey, the commissar met his quota.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It wasnt massive during the days of the founding fathers and the invention of US Customs.
View Quote

Yet here we are.

ETA:

Articles of Confederation >>>>> Constitution
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Was this ordered from the Ivan the Bear website?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:35:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Tell the "investigator" that you are gay, and  that it is a custom order dildo molded to the shape of your anus only available from that Russian company.

You'll get it in 24 hours with a signed apology letter from Brandon.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Received the letter from US customs today.

Item was seized under the provisions of: 19 USC 1595a (c) (1) (C) and 49 USC 80302 (a) (2), firearm imported by an unregistered/untaxed importer
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://ibb.co/xXwHD7S
View Quote
Image not working
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Image not working
View Quote

I gave up and typed out the important info.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Item was seized under the provisions of: 19 USC 1595a (c) (1) (C) and 49 USC 80302 (a) (2), firearm imported by an unregistered/untaxed importer
View Quote

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/19/1595

They went with 1595?

ETA:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/5801

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Just send them a copy of your approved Form 6 (required for importing modern firearms parts exceeding $100.00 in retail value ), and they'll release it to you .....
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Ya I’m not sure they have much basis based on the codes cited. I will need to do more research to be sure.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd say a stock is not a component or part as the it is not needed to make the firearm function. A stock is a luxury aka accessory.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Where was it seized at?
View Quote

At?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

At?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where was it seized at?

At?
I believe they said it was seized at the NY Customs location.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Dear form 6 cry babies, they cited tax code only relevant to firearms, NOT part or accessories.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:13:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where was it seized at?

At?

Jamaica NY customs (JFK)
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'd say a stock is not a component or part as the it is not needed to make the firearm function. A stock is a luxury aka accessory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesale in any single transaction.
Pretty explanatory.

Quoted:
Dear form 6 cry babies, they cited tax code only relevant to firearms, NOT part or accessories.

Scollins post explains everything, pretty easy to comprehend. It’s value is over $100, the shipment’s value is over $100. It got seized.  

OP could try calling his congressman.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:46:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I have been following a similar thread on AKfiles. In that one, the OP claims the CBP also contacted his local PD, who in turn called him to ask him if he was making "ghost guns." If true, this is even more stunning than the CBP stealing the OP's property. Why would the CBP be concerned with state efforts to ban home-built firearms, and why would anyone think that is acceptable?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have been following a similar thread on AKfiles. In that one, the OP claims the CBP also contacted his local PD, who in turn called him to ask him if he was making "ghost guns." If true, this is even more stunning than the CBP stealing the OP's property. Why would the CBP be concerned with state efforts to ban home-built firearms, and why would anyone think that is acceptable?
View Quote

What state is that in?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Monday I received a letter from US Customs and Border Protection that They seized my order from Russian Thunder.

All I ordered was a zenitco B21 and a section of Basis rail. How in the hell can this be classified as a firearm! Since when is a handguard and a rail section illegal according to customs, it says nothing on Russian Thunders website that these are subject to import restrictions.
I am not in the financial position to be able to afford a lawyer and not exactly sure how to proceed on $139 worth of merchandise. I don't know the first thing about filing a petition but abandoning the property does not sit well with me. If you guys were in my position what would you do?

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What state is that in?
View Quote
PA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How in the hell can this be classified as a firearm!
View Quote
The ATF is well into establishing it can declare things that aren't even firearms machine guns, so declaring anything government doesn't want you to have a "firearm" is par for the course.
Leaked Email: The ATF Is Planning On Seizing Items Starting Tomorrow

Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Makes me glad my PERST came from eBay, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about what I'll do if it ever shits the bed on me.

Maybe if I make enough money this year I'll just buy a MAWL
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I am guessing no approved form 6 for importing implements of war?
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Customs shouldn't exist. Our founders goofed terribly there.

Just another alphabet agency that should go away. Now having said that, what's a Zenitco stock?

View Quote

LOL. Customs was quite literally how our Republic  generated income in the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#31]
If Zenitco becomes unobtainable, I think Crook will scratch that itch. Im sure customs would t get triggered by Ukraine exports; hell 4shooters has the in stock.

Attachment Attached File

VS
Attachment Attached File

Paying a premium for something stateside feels cheaper than customs bs/hiring a lawyer to get your shit
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ve got a Zenitco leader rail kit, pic rail, and sling mount ordered from IvanTactical.

I guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it shows up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL. Customs was quite literally how our Republic  generated income in the beginning.
View Quote

Yup.

How’d that work out anyway?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#34]
That's just one instagram Barbi accessory I think I'll do without,  good luck with customs
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you have purchased something from a company with ties to the Russian defense sector, this falls under current economic sanctions by executive order.

ETA: Have Brandon call you.
View Quote

Ship it to mexico and have it walked over the border. (shrug)
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I sent a formal letter appealing the seizure and I cited all the codes relevant supporting this item not being a firearm part and not a regulated item. They received my letter 8 days ago. Will update once I hear back.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I sent a formal letter appealing the seizure and I cited all the codes relevant supporting this item not being a firearm part and not a regulated item. They received my letter 8 days ago. Will update once I hear back.
View Quote

If it isn't a firearm part, what is it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for keeping everyone posted.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If it isn't a firearm part, what is it?
View Quote

An accessory
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

An accessory
View Quote

Interesting distinction ..... good luck!
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Interesting distinction ..... good luck!
View Quote

It’s a very important distinction, and the codes they cited give very specific definitions of a firearm and part.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

An accessory
View Quote

Correct, not needed for the function of a firearm.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top