Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fear we are in for 2014 V2.0:
•MB 150 HP / 2 sec a lap clear of everyone else
•Russel is VB 2.0
?hamstrung to support LH  
?All the Power Unit “reliability Issues” that allow MB to conduct in season PU development
?LH gets the perfect PU and Russel gets the one with the targeted “reliability Issues” for the next upgrade
View Quote

Based on? Happy if you are wrong and right if you are correct?

ETA: The engine formula is ancient as it stands. Aero, suspension, and tires will be the keys.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why isn't there a German race?
View Quote

Because the promoters couldn’t come up with the cash to keep holding a race in Germany.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
So Hammy is waiting on the results of the FIA investigation to decide if he’ll race again.  Guess he’s waiting for the right people to be fired and the FIA to prostrate themselves before him begging for forgiveness for being so unfair to him?  Nothing like leaving your team hanging with testing to start in a few weeks.  Methinks it’s all a giant PR ploy for sympathy and that both Merc and Hammy already know he’ll come back.  If he doesn’t, that’s life.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/995235/1/fia-investigation-outcome-key-hamilton-s-f1-future

And rumors are that Merc agreed to drop their appeal in exchange for having Masi and Tombazis fired.  I get them wanting Masi fired, but what did Tombazis do?  Payback for Hammy getting penalized after the Brazil sprint because his DRS opened a millimeter too much, or the aero changes that slightly hurt the low rake Merc so they couldn’t completely dominate?  Seems like that would want to keep Tombazis since he didn’t say anything about Merc’s “spicy” engines or the flexi-wing.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-michael-masi-fia-deal/
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA: The engine formula is ancient as it stands. Aero, suspension, and tires will be the keys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
•Russel is VB 2.0
?hamstrung to support LH  
?All the Power Unit “reliability Issues” that allow MB to conduct in season PU development
?LH gets the perfect PU and Russel gets the one with the targeted “reliability Issues” for the next upgrade

Mercedes will be running the spicy engine full time this year.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#8]
OFFICIAL
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So Hammy is waiting on the results of the FIA investigation to decide if he’ll race again.  Guess he’s waiting for the right people to be fired and the FIA to prostrate themselves before him begging for forgiveness for being so unfair to him?  Nothing like leaving your team hanging with testing to start in a few weeks.  Methinks it’s all a giant PR ploy for sympathy and that both Merc and Hammy already know he’ll come back.  If he doesn’t, that’s life.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/995235/1/fia-investigation-outcome-key-hamilton-s-f1-future

And rumors are that Merc agreed to drop their appeal in exchange for having Masi and Tombazis fired.  I get them wanting Masi fired, but what did Tombazis do?  Payback for Hammy getting penalized after the Brazil sprint because his DRS opened a millimeter too much, or the aero changes that slightly hurt the low rake Merc so they couldn’t completely dominate?  Seems like that would want to keep Tombazis since he didn’t say anything about Merc’s “spicy” engines or the flexi-wing.

View Quote

How the fuck anyone can root for these people is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Hoping Ham doesn't retire so he can get his ass whooped again in 22.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Just popping back in this thread to say FLH.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Just wanted to say that it is refreshing to see that all of the posters on this thread seem to be F1 fans.

I'm a NASCAR guy (really an all motorsports guy) and on any NASCAR thread it seems like 80% of the posters say how much they hate NASCAR.

"Formula One died for me when Senna died" said no F1 fan ever...

MACE
(started following F1 during the Emmo / JPS Lotus days)
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How the fuck anyone can root for these people is beyond me.
View Quote

Interestingly it’s people I dislike for a lot of other reasons for the most part.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just wanted to say that it is refreshing to see that all of the posters on this thread seem to be F1 fans.

I'm a NASCAR guy (really an all motorsports guy) and on any NASCAR thread it seems like 80% of the posters say how much they hate NASCAR.

MACE
View Quote

It is refreshing that this thread isn't full of GD shit posters.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

so explain where all the speed LH had in the last half of the season came from ..... "spicy PU" but in a "ancient engine formula" that is supposed to be frozen in season, and why was it only 1 PU out of 8 that are supposed to be frozen to the same spec??? some other team had a smaller PU jump and got raped for it a few years ago, nothing to see her IRT MB/LH.. pick up the can and move along
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Massive fail if true

Link Posted: 1/12/2022 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

so explain where all the speed LH had in the last half of the season came from ..... "spicy PU" but in a "ancient engine formula" that is supposed to be frozen in season, and why was it only 1 PU out of 8 that are supposed to be frozen to the same spec??? some other team had a smaller PU jump and got raped for it a few years ago, nothing to see her IRT MB/LH.. pick up the can and move along
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone wants a conspiracy...

The simple answer is that MB turned up the mapping on the engine because they didn't need to stretch out the engine longevity/reliability any longer. The engineers essentially just put Party Mode on a 100% duty cycle.

F1 teams and team principals would kill their loved ones if it meant better performance. They also watch the other teams like a hawk. Everything is monitored, photographed, videotaped, and (audio) recorded. Then all of that data is analyzed by the some of the best engineering minds on the planet.

In 2019 Ferrari figured out a way to add additional fuel into the system without tripping the fuel flow sensors. Not surprisingly - the other teams figured it out and protested. True, Ferrari never copped to it, but they also mysteriously had a power and performance dip after coming to a 'secret' agreement with the FIA.

Do you honestly think MB got away with a new engine in the second half of the season without any other team protesting it? (Here come the FIA consipiracy theorists...)

The reality is that MB out-engineered everyone, sandbagged just enough to win, and the bonus was better reliability than anyone else. When push came to shove... they turned the engine power up to what it was truly capable of.

m
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MACE

Nah, we're still here, just wear the big boy pants around these parts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
•Russel is VB 2.0
?hamstrung to support LH  

Maybe, maybe not. They were allowed a spicy engine to keep it close.

If they are allowed the same spicy engine this year, it might not seem so spicy in comparison. Why? It’s a new formula and a disadvantage in any of the new areas will suck up a power advantage and make a car look average.

Mercedes has done nothing but pump out the propaganda since they lost. A whole shit load of noise. Operation “keep Lewis in the news” (fragile ego), omg! the first team to start the 2022 engine!, the first team to show an image of the car! (we were supposed to run these things last year, every team has a basic tunnel buck -which it was).

We shall see, when we see. Everything else is bullshit and hype.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Massive fail if true

View Quote

What is the fail? This would be the first time they are going to broadcast testing that I am aware of. No?
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What is the fail? This would be the first time they are going to broadcast testing that I am aware of. No?
View Quote

They showed all the testing days last year on F1tv
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I've read that Bahran has the rights to televised testing as well as car reveals, not sure if that comes into it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh…I do now remember the Mercedes having stability issues during testing and spinning on the final day. The COVID years have been a blur.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 12:42:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've read that Bahran has the rights to televised testing as well as car reveals, not sure if that comes into it.
View Quote

Fuck that, how are we going to have these cars unveiled without any information reaching the fans?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Spotted yesterday at the local Walmart

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53395/max_jpg-2238671.JPG
View Quote

Admit it, you did that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Coming along nicely

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Admit it, you did that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53395/max_jpg-2238671.JPG

Admit it, you did that.
On the advice of council......

Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#31]
A billion dollar auto cross
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

FIA has announced they'll announce the results of their investigation on March 18, two days before the opening round in Bahrain. Who knows how well that timeline will go over at MB.

F1 Abu Dhabi Analysis Timeline
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Is there normally a pre season sale on the F1TV subscription? If so I really don't want to miss it. Have you all signed up for F1TV yet?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 1:59:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is there normally a pre season sale on the F1TV subscription? If so I really don't want to miss it. Have you all signed up for F1TV yet?
View Quote

I just have mine set for recurring.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

FIA has announced they'll announce the results of their investigation on March 18, two days before the opening round in Bahrain. Who knows how well that timeline will go over at MB.

View Quote

So basically they’re playing chicken with MB and LH’s threats. Even money says it doesn’t go Merc’s way and LH still stays. If he doesn’t it’ll get entertaining really quick
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So basically they’re playing chicken with MB and LH’s threats. Even money says it doesn’t go Merc’s way and LH still stays. If he doesn’t it’ll get entertaining really quick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is hams backup again? I know Russel stepped in for him last year
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I love it. That is a great way to call his bluff.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Question for you guys. I don’t have F1 tv. I watch all the practices/quali/races on espn channels on YouTube tv. Is the only way to watch preseason testing on the F1 tv app?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

So basically they're playing chicken with MB and LH's threats. Even money says it doesn't go Merc's way and LH still stays. If he doesn't it'll get entertaining really quick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So basically they're playing chicken with MB and LH's threats. Even money says it doesn't go Merc's way and LH still stays. If he doesn't it'll get entertaining really quick
If LH goes, Croft and Brundle won't have anything to talk about, they normally spend the whole race shrieking about how wonderful he is
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#41]
lol

At 37, he's getting close to his expiry date for a premier F1 driver.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If LH goes, Croft and Brundle won't have anything to talk about, they normally spend the whole race shrieking about how wonderful he is
View Quote

Probably just double down on Mr. Saturday!
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#43]
The issue with Hamilton's stance is that his decision is to be based on the results of the FIA investigation.

The results of the investigation are to be released the day before the first race weekend starts.

That means he can't wait until the FIA releases their findings.  He is going to have to shit or get off the pot well before that point if he wants to be a part of the big show.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The issue with Hamilton's stance is that his decision is to be based on the results of the FIA investigation.

The results of the investigation are to be released the day before the first race weekend starts.

That means he can't wait until the FIA releases their findings.  He is going to have to shit or get off the pot well before that point if he wants to be a part of the big show.
View Quote

I'm starting to like this solemani guy. I'll probably eat my words at some point but we needed that Arab mentality of steal and I'll cut your fucking fingers off.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Subscribed. I like things that go fast, and F1 does not seem to have much SJW BS.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm starting to like this solemani guy. I'll probably eat my words at some point but we needed that Arab mentality of steal and I'll cut your fucking fingers off.
View Quote

And, more importantly, they can't call it racism or white supremacy either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Subscribed. I like things that go fast, and F1 does not seem to have much SJW BS.
View Quote

it's still there, but it's not as pervasive as it is in US-based sports.

Last year was my first year following, and I loved it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome to the thread, F1 is a great sport.

But I do want to remind you that at its core it's a mainstream European sport and comes with mainstream European ideas. Not trying to scare you away but you're going to see some of that stuff if you watch English-speaking broadcasts.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I normally get an email with a discount code before the new season starts
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
lol

At 37, he's getting close to his expiry date for a premier F1 driver.
View Quote
Maybe but he is still one of the best drivers currently. Great car or not.
Page / 277
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top