Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 6:38:51 PM EDT
Currently, military retirees must fund their own disibility compensation by forfeiting one dollar of earned retirement pay for one dollar of disibility pay received from the VA.  Good example, I receive disibility from an aircraft ground accident while in the USMC, the VA gives me 20% so my retirement pay is lowered 20%.  Seem fair?  There are 2 bills that have been sitting in Congress the last 5 years to rectify this issue, they are HR.303 and S.170.  If anyone of you can spare a few minutes, please write your representives for support of these bills.  There are alot of us who would appreciate your help in this injustice.  Our government sure gives alot of money to other countries, maybe they could hold just a little back for the vets.  

Semper Fi    
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
No that is not FAIR. It is a rip off!
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#4]
There is only one solution:
Become an alcoholic.  You will get $513 a month until retirement age.  Then you get a full retirement.  You also get food stamps and housing assistance.  You get to watch from the window of the local saloon while the suckers work.  [;D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 11:06:52 PM EDT
[#5]
>>Currently, military retirees must fund their own disibility compensation by forfeiting one dollar of earned retirement pay for one dollar of disibility pay received from the VA. Good example, I receive disibility from an aircraft ground accident while in the USMC, the VA gives me 20% so my retirement pay is lowered 20%.<<
I'm not sure I'm following you here.  Do you mean that you think you should get full retirement pay plus the 20% disability pay?
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll call Senator Little (someone of my own name) and ask him about it, or leave a note for his secretary.  I'll support this issue, my one vote is a start.

Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top