Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 3:09:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
[beer] GREAT!!!!!!!!

But they still require you to register them here and I don't know if you can REGISTER more than two handguns a month here.

I suppose *some* people won't do that, uh hmm, but don't get caught with one thats unregistered.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
CCW applies to Nevada only.  And you can only purchase within the state of residence.  If you were to live in Nevada long enough to obtain residency (8 hours for marriage license, who knows how long for whatever else), then you are close...

CA law requires that you REGISTER all guns that you import into California as a California resident.  DOH!  

Cool enough though...  I'll likely be taking the coursework to CCW soon enough.  Woohoo!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome... Now move here and help us prove to Kommiefornia that freedom really does work, and that you cannot legislate away crime.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
All pro-gun Californians PLEASE move to Nevada!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I think if you have a CA COE you are exempt from one gun a month.

If you plan to establish residency in CA you are required to report ownership of all handguns to DOJ within 60 days of moving here. AFAIK, there is no requirement for long guns.

Good for Nevada! If they had more computer geek jobs, I'd move there immediately. :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Mostly correct. You still can't buy more than one handgun a month if you are a CA resident. Under Federal laws any purchases you make out of state you must follow the laws of your state of residency.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]
That's why God invented telecommuting.  You can live in Reno (home of the world's best gun shows) yet work for a BA company... except that the scum-sucking marxists in PRK collect state income taxes from out of state residents employed in PRK.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's why God invented telecommuting.  You can live in Reno (home of the world's best gun shows) yet work for a BA company... except that the scum-sucking marxists in PRK collect state income taxes from out of state residents employed in PRK.
View Quote

We can't get any sleep around here either...that damn non-stop (tax collecting) sucking noise.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#9]
RYANG:
You're welcome... Now move here and help us prove to Kommiefornia that freedom really does work, and that you cannot legislate away crime.  

Different:
All pro-gun Californians PLEASE move to Nevada!  
View Quote

Amen.  We need to increase the density of *free* citizens here.  I see too much Kalifornia bleedover of people who think they're free, and who think they can legislate away human nature at everyone's expense.

At the very least, store you weapons at Front Sight nevada for a few bucks a month. I think they'll even do it for free if you take a course.  www.frontsight.com
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
NV residents... Help!,

What does it take to purchase firearms in NV?  The last LV gun store clerk I spoke to claims all you need is a NV Drivers Liscense.  But, others here claim that you need a minimum residence term.

-Red-

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the advise Troy,

The reason I ask is that I may apply for a sales transfer that would put me in NV for at least 1-2years.  If it goes through, I may look to establish residency.

-Red-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top