BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you aren't at all attracted to a woman's appearance and only care about her personality?
View Quote
I didn't say that at all.  Expensive items have nothing to do with looks.

Let's flip it around.  You know how lots of times here on arfcom when someone shares a pic of super hot woman and there is something crazy happening in the background, but someone says they didn't see it?  Ya know, because the woman is so hot, they didn't even notice the crazy shit going on in the rest of the picture?

A woman that doesn't notice what car I got out of..."I am sorry....he got out of a nice car?  There was car?".  Now I am interested.

Again, my views don't have to be everyone else's.  I am ok with that.  There are plenty of women in the world who will only start talking to a guy because he has some flashy shit.  If that's what that guy wants, I am ok with that, too.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:44:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Most younger guys are the same way nowadays.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
My car could have a wheel missing and wifey wouldn’t realize it until she drove it to her destination, shopped, and then come out of the store to see that the other side of the car didn’t look right.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Guaranteed my wife knows more about cars than some of my friends.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here is what most know, put gas in it and go.
View Quote

One of my 20 y/o nieces at Washington State called her mom/my sister to ask how to put gas in the car……

Growing up & learning to drive in Oregon is a large part of that problem.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Let's flip it around.  You know how lots of times here on arfcom when someone shares a pic of super hot woman and there is something crazy happening in the background, but someone says they didn't see it?  Ya know, because the woman is so hot, they didn't even notice the crazy shit going on in the rest of the picture?

A woman that doesn't notice what car I got out of..."I am sorry....he got out of a nice car?  There was car?".  Now I am interested.

Again, my views don't have to be everyone else's.  I am ok with that.  There are plenty of women in the world who will only start talking to a guy because he has some flashy shit.  If that's what that guy wants, I am ok with that, too.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you aren't at all attracted to a woman's appearance and only care about her personality?

That’s a long running joke.  It’s not meant to be taken literally.  

In your hypothetical, what is the woman supposed to be so enamored by?     Devilish good looks?    Sixpack?       Wit and witticisms rapier sharp repartee’?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife has a Masters degree but calls everything in her car a "thingy".
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's a long running joke.  It's not meant to be taken literally.  

In your hypothetical, what is the woman supposed to be so enamored by?     Devilish good looks?    Sixpack?       Wit and witticisms rapier sharp repartee'?
View Quote
Me.

I don't want that come across the wrong way.  I am not full of myself or conceited. I don't think that I am God's gift to women or expect anything.

I am simply not interested in a woman who is interested in me, for the car that I drive or the money in my bank account.  I get to decide that, for myself.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]
My niece thought someone "cut" her tire.  The sidewall was split from driving on it while flat.  
"When did this low tire pressure warning come on?"  "Three days ago."  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

In your hypothetical, what is the woman supposed to be so enamored by?     Devilish good looks?    Sixpack?       Wit and witticisms rapier sharp repartee’?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Pro tip- Drive your wife’s car every couple of weeks.

She is not going to tell you her car is starting hard and her brakes are squeaking until Sunday night when the parts store is closed and she is driving 2 hours to her sisters in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Expanding on the subject, the nastiest trade ins I appraised over the years belonged to young single women and soccer moms minivans. Filthy without fail, and always needing something mechanical.
View Quote

I like clean cars.

My wife cleans her own and I help.  

My oldest daughter, if left to her own devices, would have a car filled with trash, dried coffee everywhere, and a smell of rotting food if I did not make her clean it or simply OCD and clean it myself.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Men should go on strike for a few weeks just so society knows where we stand.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#15]
And let me just add that not only don't they give a f@ck about anything that has to do with cars. But also anything mechanical and any blue collar skill set (plumbing, electrical),

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Wife calls me one day in a panic saying "it started blowing smoke and the fountain light is on"

...the fucking what?!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pro tip- Drive your wife’s car every couple of weeks.

She is not going to tell you her car is starting hard and her brakes are squeaking until Sunday night when the parts store is closed and she is driving 2 hours to her sisters in the morning.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't think I'd make such a broad and general statement.
Before my wifey was disabled she could change oil, lube the suspension, change tires/brakes, do tune ups (yes even on older cars with points), etc. She worked on bikes too.
She couldn't pull a motor and rebuild it, change a clutch or rebuild a rear-end or transmission by herself but she's always been pretty good with cars and other mechanical things.
And yeah she was a Southern California Newport Beach baby 10. What the hell she was ever doing with me I'll never know.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea. But so are a lot of guys.

I routinely drive my wife's car (maybe once or twice a month) just to make sure everything seems ok.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Adam Carolla did this Loveline bit about how women don't know anything about world wars and threw up some softball questions to his callers to prove his point.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey babe, the watering can icon is lighting up on my dashboard. Does that mean I'm out of washer fluid?

Me: Watering can? Would you show me?

Goes around the block, her low oil light is glowing patiently and steadily

Me: How long has it been like that?

Her: Oh, not long! Just since my last oil change ... five months ago.

She was a wonderful cook, was always honest, loyal, and a very fulfilling, generous lover.

If it wasn't for that there would have been a freaking bounty on her head.

And she knew it.
View Quote
My mom did that circa 1995 but called it the "Aladdin's lamp" light.

"It started when I was going around corners, but its been on solid for the last couple of weeks...
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They just don't give a fuck.

carry on.
View Quote

I leaned that the hard way as a kid when my mom called home saying her caravan quit. Turned out, the oil light was on for a few days. When dad and I opened the engine, it was grenaded.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Me.

I don't want that come across the wrong way.  I am not full of myself or conceited. I don't think that I am God's gift to women or expect anything.

I am simply not interested in a woman who is interested in me, for the car that I drive or the money in my bank account.  I get to decide that, for myself.
View Quote

Most girls don't care about FLASHY things. In fact most women hate the flashy shit. That said, almost all women are attracted to guys who are put together and nice things help your case. It's not that they are attracted to the items you possess but what the items tell the girl about you. Nice material things can tell a woman things like:

1) You have worked hard and are stable enough to provide those things for yourself.
2) Others trust you and are willing to give you a nice paying job or hire you for your services.
3) You're an adult, have goals, and not just some kid living on a couch.

Let's also be real here - Most girls aren't going to see your car, your house, your toys before you actually start a conversation with them. The idea of "I don't want a girl who likes me for my material possessions" is kind of silly because them seeing those things first is often not the case.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm glad I married my wife.  She's very low maintenance and very smart.  Her first real job was at Champion Auto so she could get parts at cost for her Datsun 310.  She has a more knowledge and ability than 99% people in America when it comes to automobiles.  

She's also scraped the rims of every new vehicle we've purchased.  It seems to happen within 2 weeks of owning it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like clean cars.

My wife cleans her own and I help.  

My oldest daughter, if left to her own devices, would have a car filled with trash, dried coffee everywhere, and a smell of rotting food if I did not make her clean it or simply OCD and clean it myself.

View Quote

The owner of the most disgusting trash infested car amongst all my friends & family is a 50 y/o white male farmer…..  When his teenage kids start driving they will most likely take over that title - with the son being the leading candidate.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Most girls don't care about FLASHY things. In fact most women hate the flashy shit. That said, almost all women are attracted to guys who are put together and nice things help your case. It's not that they are attracted to the items you possess but what the items tell the girl about you. Nice material things can tell a woman things like:

1) You have worked hard and are stable enough to provide those things for yourself.
2) Others trust you and are willing to give you a nice paying job or hire you for your services.

Let's also be real here - Most girls aren't going to see your car, your house, your toys before you actually start a conversation with them. The idea of "I don't want a girl who likes me for my material possessions" is kind of silly because them seeing those things first is often not the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Important viewing for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5hu7o2Q62k

This is what you told me was important viewing for me.  "Men have nice cars, not because they like nice cars, but because they know, that women like nice cars".

I disagree.  This is not important viewing for me and I feel that for me, it is horrible advice.  I would not own a particular vehicle, because women like it. You don't need to feel the same way or agree, people are not all the same.  You get to decide what is important, for you.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#29]
There actually ARE girls who know about cars and like to F*ck... they're fun!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#30]
[Tim enters from the garage]
Jill: Tim! You still here?
Tim: Oh yeah. [Tim washes his hands at the sink] How long has the oil light been on, Jill?
Jill: [Puzzled] Oil light?
Tim: The oil light. Uh, next to the spedometer. Little red light with an oil can on it.
Jill: Oh! That thing! I don't know. Two or three days.
Tim: Two or three days?! It's a warning light! Didn't it occur to you that there might be a little problem?
Jill: I thought if there was a problem with the car that the light would get brighter, or there would be a buzzer!
Tim: A buzzer?! It's a car not a game show!
Jill: Tim! The car is running fine.
Tim: It used to be running fine. Inside of a car is an internal combustion engine composed of many precision parts running at a high rpm. High rpm. produces friction. Friction produces heat. Heat is dissipated by lubrication: oil! When the car didn't get the oil that it needs, it tends to seize up into a rock!
Jill: Are you saying the car's not running?
Tim: [Exasperated] We now own a four thousand pound, four-door boulder!
Jill: You mean I can't drive it?
Tim: Not unless you're Wilma Flintstone!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They just don't give a fuck.

carry on.
View Quote

That's not fair. I watch Sarah -n- tuned on youtube and she can fix anything; hot too.
(that's the joke.jpg)
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#32]
my wife bought a brand new 2007 mazda 3 without ABS, lol

also she never, ever waxed it. didn't know you had to wax cars

190k miles later, the car looks like dogshit and i've been trying to kill it. bounce that baby off the revlimiter every shift.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
If you actually ventured out among the general public, you'd find that this is a valid statement about most people, both men and women. It's not limited by sex.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#35]
This statement is generally true.  My ex-wife put exactly zero effort into learning anything about cars beyond how to put gas in it.  However, she was very good at noticing when any little thing felt "off" and could articulate it to me fairly well for diagnosis.

My mom is the same.  Zero knowledge but good at detecting it when something wasn't right.

My sister in law is far worse.  Knows how to put gas in her vehicle, but notices and says nothing until the fucking thing WILL NOT MOVE any more.  My dad loaned them a 1968 Cub Cadet garden tractor when they needed a mower.  She mowed the grass with it three times and grenades the engine because she didn't check the oil.  Damn tractor made it 50 years and she blew it up within a few months.

Which brings me to the exception that proves the rule...  My now wife and I met and hung out due to a common interest in diesel performance.  Both of us were dating other people at the time we met, but would wrench on trucks together.  Both our own and those of friends.  Our specialty was/is Ford 7.3 diesels, both IDIs and Powerstrokes, with her PSD knowledge exceeding my own.  She is an electrical genius, and can chase down an intermittent shorting rubbed wire or failed sensor like no one else I've known.  My expertise is more on the mechanical side.  We still take on repair work as side hustles even today.  They ARE out there, but pretty rare.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If you actually ventured out among the general public, you'd find that this is a valid statement about most people, both men and women. It's not limited by sex.
View Quote
It sometimes parallels income.  "My time isn't worth it to fix this, so I'll pay someone else $100/hr to do it."  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
This statement is generally true.  My ex-wife put exactly zero effort into learning anything about cars beyond how to put gas in it.  However, she was very good at noticing when any little thing felt "off" and could articulate it to me fairly well for diagnosis.

My mom is the same.  Zero knowledge but good at detecting it when something wasn't right.

My sister in law is far worse.  Knows how to put gas in her vehicle, but notices and says nothing until the fucking thing WILL NOT MOVE any more.  My dad loaned them a 1968 Cub Cadet garden tractor when they needed a mower.  She mowed the grass with it three times and grenades the engine because she didn't check the oil.  Damn tractor made it 50 years and she blew it up within a few months.

Which brings me to the exception that proves the rule...  My now wife and I met and hung out due to a common interest in diesel performance.  Both of us were dating other people at the time we met, but would wrench on trucks together.  Both our own and those of friends.  Our specialty was/is Ford 7.3 diesels, both IDIs and Powerstrokes, with her PSD knowledge exceeding my own.  She is an electrical genius, and can chase down an intermittent shorting rubbed wire or failed sensor like no one else I've known.  My expertise is more on the mechanical side.  We still take on repair work as side hustles even today.  They ARE out there, but pretty rare.
View Quote
So she knows what the "wiggle test" is, huh?  
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Yup, my ex was driving around with 3 tires that were down to 20 psi with the low tire pressure light on.  Asked her did she not see that and her reply was "Oh yeah, I was hoping it would go away"
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#39]
It’s simple. They don’t car unless it affects them directly.

Then they care A LOT.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's simple. They don't car unless it affects them directly.

Then they care A LOT.
View Quote
just like when they can't find their phone or purse.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#41]
They have 100% of the pussy.  Why the f--- to they need to know anything about cars?  That's what horny men are for.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Yup, by the time a girl goes to a guy and says they think there’s a problem with their car it’s usually beyond fucked and fixing is 87x harder than it should have been if they just told someone when they should have.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

they can't navigate either
View Quote
My wife has a far better sense of direction than I do
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Sarah-n-Tuned would disagree.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#45]
meh..    as long as she continues to be hot i dont care.

its that simple

if she put diesel in the radiator...  it would be my fault
  not hers

just the way the world works

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My car could have a wheel missing and wifey wouldn’t realize it until she drove it to her destination, shopped, and then come out of the store to see that the other side of the car didn’t look right.
View Quote

My sister literally drove home from work one day with a rear tire so flat it was ragged and smoking/smoldering.

How did you notice?!?
She was like, “yeah, it was driving weird.”
So you kept driving 15 minutes?

My wife ran the new car out of gas this year twice so far because she “doesn’t know how to change the HUD to show miles remaining” and cant tell how to easily read the gas gauge...

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Mine buys me parts and helps install them. She can also drive a manual better than most fellas
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It isn’t just women.
View Quote

You got that right. Both of my gurls know how to check fluids, change or repair a flat and do brakes. The smallest one made me proud of her when having a hard time breaking loose lugs on her wheel during her first  practice. She said: "I need a cheater pipe to break it." She still keeps that pipe i cut her in her trunk now.

I've observed her male friends since. I honestly suspect half would not know how to put on a spare tire.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top