Good old DJ
<snip>
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good old DJ

View Quote

That post may make Deej look sad, but it makes you look like an internet stalker...
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The original bear pit, with basically no rules.

Rule The Seas- pirate game a lot of us joined, SP1 clan.

Aquabumping

The well know member who posted a screenshot of his computer- one of his open tabs was the NAMBLA website.

cyanide- OG troll.

Dave_A- OG troll

The sound a mag lite makes against a skull

Rick-Rolling in every thread

A lot of you joining the military and deploying to Afghanistan and Iraq.

We used to welcome new members, and answer basic questions without ridiculing them.

Pay It Forward threads

etc

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That post may make Deej look sad, but it makes you look like an internet stalker...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.  That's pretty fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
SGTAR15's posable figure shows were epic.

I was sad that SteyrAUG got banned, he and his white tile floor.

Who was the guy that slapped together a new AR every week or so for a while and posed them on a shitty striped blue couch?

MarkM.  I still say "these things happen" to this day.  Didn't he start 87?
View Quote

MarkM is the only banned member that I actually miss.
Froot!

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Was it Heilo with the 5000 sq ft bathroom?

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I miss RBAD and TBK1, Rich and Mike were good people.
The AZ crew and our get together shoots were great times, NSFJojo and the CAV crew attended.
The German news crew shoot in Casa Grande was awesome. . There used to be a YouTube video of the German news story with lots of us in it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#10]
A cookie and a shower....
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@JT_26.

I went ahead and removed this (no warning or anything ). His brother in law is still a member here, and we really don't need to cyber stalk the dude to find and share all of his embarrassing stuff.
View Quote
@Subnet sorry I did not know that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#13]
We should have a bracketed tournament of all the infamous banned members from over the years. Let the current membership vote one round at a time and the final winner gets to come back. Sort of like “Survivor” but in reverse.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I remember all the satirical pakastani bro accounts and the whole paki tape fad.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We should have a bracketed tournament of all the infamous banned members from over the years. Let the current membership vote one round at a time and the final winner gets to come back. Sort of like “Survivor” but in reverse.
View Quote

A "Jesus or Barabbas" type pardon, right before Christmas?

How fitting.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How fitting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fitting.

It would be more of a tournament format with maybe 32 names, seeeded 1-8. #1 seed MarkM vs #8 seed GSeriesFal, #2 seed Sylvan vs #7 seed Dave_A and so forth.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Some good memories brought back here in this thread. And a few I could have skipped, too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:10:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It would be more of a tournament format with maybe 32 names, seeeded 1-8. #1 seed MarkM vs #8 seed GSeriesFal, #2 seed Sylvan vs #7 seed Dave_A and so forth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fitting.

Yet it would quickly devolve into a "Jesus or Barabbas" type scenario.

How many would vote for the member who contributes the most, versus those who would vote for the member that trolls the most?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:11:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Is it possible to find posts by username anymore?  Id love to reread the ronman threads lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:15:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Froot!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SGTAR15's posable figure shows were epic.

I was sad that SteyrAUG got banned, he and his white tile floor.

Who was the guy that slapped together a new AR every week or so for a while and posed them on a shitty striped blue couch?

MarkM.  I still say "these things happen" to this day.  Didn't he start 87?

Froot!

MarkM is good people.  When he would go on his rants about carbeeeeeeeens lol
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Another member (2003 joint date) was my best friend and roommate at the time.  JosephR/SuicideHZ.  He posted a lot in tech and on the other site.  He had his demons and after an ugly divorce took his own life back in 2011.  He's the one that got me to join up here.  He was pretty "in the know" when Larue paid for that one member's court/attorney fees when the member was getting sued by a certain suppressor company.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think you are right, and believe there was some drama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone remember a guy named QuietShootwr or something like that? He was a pretty prolific poster who was also banned I believe.

I believe his wife was a member as well.

I think you are right, and believe there was some drama.

Banned for a kill ‘em all post after he or his wife was in a car accident involving another driver of middle eastern descent.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I built my first AR using FALARAK's step-by-step instructions tacked in the build forum back around 2005. I wonder how long that thread's been gone
View Quote

@82ND-ABN

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Assemble-your-own-LOWER-UPPER-FREE-FLOAT-TRIGGER-GAS-BLOCK-Step-by-step-instructions-/4-226782/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I had some good conversations with donne3, Persephone, and SP1Grl, among others. Some I stayed in touch with on Facebook, until I canceled my account there. (One year ago today).
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#24]
It was the best of times, it was the flurst of times.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:37:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

One of two warnings I believe I have on my account are because of this.

I posted a picture hotlinked elsewhere before I learned the dangers of doing so. Went to work for the day and when I checked on the thread that night holy hell had broken loose, my posted was edited by a mod, there were 870 "WHAT THE FUCK BRO" posts and a warning waiting for me in my inbox. That's when I learned that hotlinking pics was a dangerous mistress.

It's funny now but I about shit then.

The other warning was someone posted a incomprehensible, classic frontier gibberish world salad opening post to a thread. The first few replies were sorta along the lines of "what are you talking about bro". I responded with a picture along the lines of "I don't give a shit" or something. Turns out, the OP was a poorly written but topical commentary on the wellbeing of the spouse of a member who had recently passed. I wasn't aware of the member, his passing or what the fuck the OP was talking about but I felt like a total ass about it.

I'm more careful with picture replies now.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another guy who posted a bunch of image links from a website and the webmaster noticed and changed all the images to a giant picture of a Black tranny hung like a fireplace log with huge fake boobs and the caption "I like to steal bandwidth from other sites".

I believe that was SomethingAwful.

Got me a timeout once.

I posted a picture hotlinked elsewhere before I learned the dangers of doing so. Went to work for the day and when I checked on the thread that night holy hell had broken loose, my posted was edited by a mod, there were 870 "WHAT THE FUCK BRO" posts and a warning waiting for me in my inbox. That's when I learned that hotlinking pics was a dangerous mistress.

The other warning was someone posted a incomprehensible, classic frontier gibberish world salad opening post to a thread. The first few replies were sorta along the lines of "what are you talking about bro". I responded with a picture along the lines of "I don't give a shit" or something. Turns out, the OP was a poorly written but topical commentary on the wellbeing of the spouse of a member who had recently passed. I wasn't aware of the member, his passing or what the fuck the OP was talking about but I felt like a total ass about it.

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:39:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I built my first AR using FALARAK's step-by-step instructions tacked in the build forum back around 2005. I wonder how long that thread's been gone
View Quote

The Ammo Oracle, along with Molon's accuracy threads and the RIBZ instructions, were very influential for me.

I think a great many of us started in Tech before finally venturing into GD, which is why I'm always innately suspicious of new accounts that are obvious retreads.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The Ammo Oracle, along with Molon's accuracy threads and the RIBZ instructions, were very influential for me.

I think a great many of us started in Tech before finally venturing into GD, which is why I'm always innately suspicious of new accounts that are obvious retreads.
View Quote
 My first post was in tech. My rifle barrel didn't have the twist rate marked.  Someone suggested I call the manufacturer and I felt like an idiot and called them.  Doh
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 1:58:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I miss the survival forum hiking trips.

Came home from the last one, and I had an email waiting for me from the local U.S. Marshall's office (IIRC) near where the event occurred.  "Welcome to town".
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:04:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

SteyrAUG

SgtAR15's doll scenes will forever be missed.
View Quote

SteyrAUG's class 3 collection was impressive. And that was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:09:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Not sure if mentioned, but Box O' Truth.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:17:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#32]
I didn't read this whole thread. I had an old account, and took my time re-registering after the switch.

Gourami
Fire on a plane
The Herbie Curbie debacle
That dude that posted with GI Joe Dolls all the time
C*ckpocalypse thread
Kenmac pissing off the HOA
The 9/11/01 thread was ahead of anything on the news.

I don't post much, but I'm here all the time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#33]
We’ve had some fun Gents
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I enjoyed the fighting, particularly with Garandman and Zaphod.  

Epic threads too.

On the good end there were Ryan's Steakhouse and the 'back rub' threads.The back rub thread is much lesser known.  Some poster started  a thread where somewhere in the body he said something like: "We were hanging around giving each other back rubs like  guys typically do".   It exploded from there.

On the bad side,, there was Lordtraders thread of: "A plane just flew into the World Trade Center" IMO, that's when arfcom became a live news outlet for many.
View Quote

That was a rough day. I've never seen a thread move so fast.

I reread it a few years back and it made me sick

Other things I remember

Napoleon Tannerite
The I Am Legend bathtub picture thread
Lord Trader

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#35]
I was young and thought you were all weird old dudes.

Now im a weird old dude.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:44:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh man, 20 years seem such a long time ago and just a blink of an eye all at the same time.

In my early years, I spent more time on Glocktalk than GD, so I barely remember just some of the hilarity here.  

ETA: ARFCOM 101 thread
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Dusty_C the tranny trucker made me lol.
Opie Opossum
Vepr mafia
Zitiforbreakfast
Snowleopard
Dantsx
Heavy6 and sgtsugarcookie stuff was fun.

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Hielo's bathroom
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm mostly a lurker, but remember the good times and bad here.

GD as a new service def started with 911 thread...
Lootie
Herby
ETH
Smiley
A MO specific EE
I took a break from the whole internet for a while and came back to the brother F*er thread...
Chase45s threads were hilarious as well then he has to grow up and get married
XCRs drawings too

Miss the good ol days...
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 2:42:53 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm on my phone right now so I don't have access to the funny pics of me, 4xDawn, Mojo, Ilikelegs, et al, at Lord Trader's apartment in Dallas for a PPV fight. I lost a bet so 4xDawn wrote on my forehead and posted it in GD. Dang, I miss those days with my friends.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 3:24:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm just thrilled to see you active again.
View Quote

Thanks, brother. I, of course, remember your original screen name. You were always an asset to this community.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another guy who posted a bunch of image links from a website and the webmaster noticed and changed all the images to a giant picture of a Black tranny hung like a fireplace log with huge fake boobs and the caption "I like to steal bandwidth from other sites".

I believe that was SomethingAwful.

Got me a timeout once.

I also had to write "I shall not hotlink pictures" 100 times on the board Bart Simpson style.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#48]
OMG it spins
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Sameshot and Jess, pre-Y2K.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Can we talk about how creepy grown men encouraging another grown man to play with and pose action figures and taking photos of it was?

Especially when Barbie got involved.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top