Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In a handshake line after a high school game like I clearly stated?

Yeah, incredibly rare.  You know this is true but are trying to save face by using mockery.  Come on dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fight at a basketball game rare?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
In a handshake line after a high school game like I clearly stated?

Yeah, incredibly rare.  You know this is true but are trying to save face by using mockery.  Come on dude.

I have never seen it and have been involved in a few sports punchups in my day.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yeah, that is a no from me.  

It is incredibly rare for someone to sucker punch someone in a handshake line after a basketball game for trash talking.  

View Quote

It was an unwritten rule in hockey to settle trash talking scores after the game.
In tournaments, the post game handshake was why the spectators never left early. Sometimes it was a generational family affair.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
lol basketball players..... he was  out like a light at first hit
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:50:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sucker punching coward.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That kid is screwed, and rightfully so.
View Quote

Talk shit about disabled kids, and don't be shocked if someone turns you into one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Words are violence now, right?

View Quote

You show up from 1977?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This happened near me.

https://twitter.com/Trackhound11/status/1466082122096066563?s=20

Evidently (*ETA this is as yet unconfirmed*) punchee was talking shit about puncher's mom and sister (who has downs syndrome) during the game.  Got knocked the fuck out for it.

Obviously puncher is going to pay a heavy price, already charged with a felony at 17yo.  But I can't shake the feeling that this is the natural outcome when a society enshrines the false belief that "words are violence".  

lots to discuss here, not sure where to start.  But it's better than the soap opera shit or covid threads, so.
View Quote

Fighting words
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There are no rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sucker punching coward.
There are no rules.

Yup.  

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Not going to lie, it was kind of satisfying to watch (if the backstory checks out).  Revenge is best served cold.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Every man needs to know that punch to the mouth could come.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Class C Felony, arrested and released on bond  

According to what I found.
View Quote

He ain’t played Lawyers and Defendant yet. Probably will get reduced.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#13]
He sure looks pretty pissed about something.

If what was reportedly was said, WAS said, well...

I don't condone it, but I understand. If that was my kid, he wouldn't be punished by me, either.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Punchee talked trash about the handicapped sister? Then he got what he deserved. To bad the puncher didn't wait till the parking lot.
Because sometimes, violence IS the answer.
View Quote

This.
That was some pretty slick moves too. Right in the gut to stun him and then clean to the jaw.
Bravo kid. Don’t sweat that charge it will be reduced to nothing and if it’s not chicks are gonna dig the reason you got it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Very sporting of those chaps, don't you agree?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He ain't played Lawyers and Defendant yet. Probably will get reduced.
View Quote
Too hot of a story at this point.  Parents and the school will push it so the DA will do it.

Regardless, he is done with basketball and will most likely be expelled.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Life lesson punch right there.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#18]
If the story is true and if I was the punchees father I wouldn't press charges.
And when he healed up, I'd whip his ass for A, getting his ass whipped by a small kid, and B, talking shit about the kids retarded sister.
Maybe he'd harden the fuck up and not go down  like a soccer player
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
You have to hand it to the aggressor. If your going to do something go all in.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
If he was talking shit about his down syndrome sister, then he deserved an ass whooping. But sucker punching him was chickenshit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If he was talking shit about his down syndrome sister, then he deserved an ass whooping. But sucker punching him was chickenshit.
View Quote
I'm sure the punchee smirked.  Positively sure.  So it wasn't a sucker punch.  That's my narrative.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#22]
In the old west (supposedly) You have to be real careful with your words or someone was gonna call you out to the street. Now with all the lawyers and stuff anyone can say anything to anyone else without consequences.

I think the pedulum needs to swing back the other way a little bit.

Talking shit about a man's family should have the potential for an ass wippin.

You tell the perpetrator one time to stop it and if he still keeps on its go time.

I know some people have this idea that as a society we should evolve past physical violence, but I don't think it will ever happen as humans we are inherently violent.

Still what's wrong with waiting until after the game and giving him a chance to apologize before you blast him in the face. A sincere apology can uphold your honor just as well
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

sounds like we might actually agree.  Which brings us back around to my comment that fathers really owe it to their sons to teach them discretion and controlling their emotions, as much as they owe teaching them how to throw a punch (defend themselves in general).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

to look at it a different way - the taunting kid that got punched gets the last laugh.  He won.  Puncher is getting charged with a felony, while punchee is getting a few stitches.  Which one is going to have a longer lasting effect do you think?

And again, the content of the taunts are as yet unconfirmed

As an adult doubled his age I completely agree that there are definitely more pragmatic ways to go about getting back at him.  As a 17 year old kid (assuming taunts about the mom and slow sister were true) I would have beaten the shit out of him right then and there.  The taunting kid will definitely think twice before he opens his mouth now.

sounds like we might actually agree.  Which brings us back around to my comment that fathers really owe it to their sons to teach them discretion and controlling their emotions, as much as they owe teaching them how to throw a punch (defend themselves in general).

Yeah, kid should have kept his shit together, but I'm also thinking of the sigline belonging to... some poster here that says "rude assholes seriously need a traumatic life experience" or something like that. Assuming punchee doesn't have permanent brain damage or anything I'll put it in the "don't condone, but understand" file.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Talk shit, get hit. There were all kinds of lessons learned that night…

In America’s not too distant past, when society wasn’t quite as litigious, things like a man’s word & honor meant something, and there were consequences for your actions, an event like this wouldn’t even be a blip. And quite possibly, the boys father would also whoop his ass when they got home for being a disrespectful scumbag and for sullying the family name.

But now we live in woke clown retard world.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The guy who got punched may be sharing crayons and coloring books with the punchers sister after his head bounced off that floor.
View Quote

His team mate was supporting on the way down....it was just that last foot. He is probably alright with his biggest injury being his pride.

Number 4 was not fucking around though. He wanted more, even after nap time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This. If you're gonna punch a guy for talking shit, the time to do it is when he's talking shit, not when he's mandatorily putting his hand out as a gesture of sportsmanship after the game. Fuck that kid.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Two high school kids get into a fight when one starts talking shit?  

This isn't even remotely new or due to current ideologies.  

It's called being a teenage boy.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:35:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I bet it’s plead down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That kid is screwed, and rightfully so.
Class C Felony, arrested and released on bond  

According to what I found.

I bet it’s plead down.

I hope so.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Unacceptable behavior in the state of Iowa. Should be wrestling, not screwing around with sportsball.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It is incredibly rare for someone to sucker punch someone in a handshake line after a basketball game for trash talking.  

View Quote

This.
Number 4 is a pussy and a coward.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I give the kid credit for nicely landed right hands, but what a fucking idiot.  Hope his parents can afford a good lawyer, because they are going to need one.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I bet it’s plead down.
View Quote

I agree. And if the kid has no other history, they might have a pretrial diversion program whereby if he jumps through all the court ordered hoops, it won't show on his record.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#33]
"sucker punching coward"

Lol because there's actually rules to punching someone?

This is the real world. If someone wants to do harm or you need to defend yourself you can't have a fair fight mindset.

But anyways. If what was said is true good punch. Enough bullies get stood up to they might stop bullying others.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone that talks shit about someone's Downs sister or mom deserves whatever ass beating they get. Kid should've just been smarter about it. Should've done it right when the words were rolling out of his mouth, not during the handshake.

Eta: maybe I misunderstood the situation. Was the blue player talking his shit during the handshake? I assumed it was during game play.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People have always been like that. In every country , in every culture...  as long as humans have lived in societies. Talk shit about a man's sister or mother and you can expect him to slug the fuck out of you.  In some cultures if you do nothing to defend the honor of the women in your family you'd be labeled a coward. Stripped of the right to own land or vote.

Why on Earth would you think this is a new phenomenon, unique to our society ?

That is NOT a sucker punch. You started talking shit and you were looking right at the guy. A sucker punch is when you don't see it coming.

Don't run your mouth and expect people to take it. That dipshit learned a valuable lesson.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#36]
A fucking felony? I mean yeah, he deserves something but I don't know if a felony charge is really appropriate here...
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I get the online inclination to declare "good punch" and "talk shit about my special needs *insert whoever* and I'll deck you too" but really from a parenting perspective, young men REALLY need to be taught better about discretion and controlling their emotions.  This kid altered the trajectory of his life downward, over what?  Taunts.  Because he chose the WORST possible time and place to react.  Because he couldn't muster the self control.
View Quote

Every fight starts over words, so what?

Self control? The kid who got punched will learn self control, that's for sure.

But yea if I was gonna punch some dicklick I would not do it so obviously.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This. If you're gonna punch a guy for talking shit, the time to do it is when he's talking shit, not when he's mandatorily putting his hand out as a gesture of sportsmanship after the game. Fuck that kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sucker punching coward.

That's not a sucker punch. You guys are must be sheltered little kittens if you think you can run your suck and then look right at the guy and he can't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's not a sucker punch. You guys are must be sheltered little kittens if you think you can run your suck and then look right at the guy and he can't do anything about it.
View Quote

Exactly, a fucking sucker punch is when someone lights you up out of the blue for no reason.
You give someone a reason and you better be on your toes around that person always afterwards.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That is NOT a sucker punch. You started talking shit and you were looking right at the guy. A sucker punch is when you don't see it coming.

Don't run your mouth and expect people to take it. That dipshit learned a valuable lesson.
View Quote
Again, that is a no from me.

First, we have no idea if trash talk happened at all.  The police report doesn't mention it, that entire story came from a message board.  I believe it is possible that trash talk happened.  I also believe it is possible that getting beat by 25 points triggered the kid just as much since he didn't find it necessary to attack the kid when and if he was talking trash.

Someone is going to learn a lesson from this, I do agree there.  Maybe not a valuable one, but an expensive one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This happened near me.

View Quote

OMG

Are you OK?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Why do people automatically side with the sucker puncher just because he claims he had some good reason for throwing the punch? You do realize that every single time a black person attacks a white person they claim that the white person said some racist remark, right? It’s also complete fucking bullshit about 105% of the time. Sucker punching somebody who’s trying to shake your hand is still a bitch move, and if you didn’t watch till the end of the video the sucker puncher was about to get his fucking ass kicked by the next kid in line who put him right down on the floor. So you guys should probably pick a better hero.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why do people automatically side with the sucker puncher just because he claims he had some good reason for throwing the punch? You do realize that every single time a black person attacks a white person they claim that the white person said some racist remark, right? It’s also complete fucking bullshit about 105% of the time. Sucker punching somebody who’s trying to shake your hand is still a bitch move, and if you didn’t watch till the end of the video the sucker puncher was about to get his fucking ass kicked by the next kid in line who put him right down on the floor. So you guys should probably pick a better hero.
View Quote

Arfcom: "if I talk shit and am looking right at you when you punch me, it's a suckerpunch."

Also Arfcom: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Arfcom: "if I talk shit and am looking right at you when you punch me, it's a suckerpunch."

Also Arfcom: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
View Quote

Thank you for your insightful contribution to this post. I’m sure it’s in keeping with the usual quality of your commentary.

Now that being said, my comment was primarily directed at people who are concluding who was right and who was wrong based on what they have chosen to believe about the sucker punchers motives for throwing the punch. I don’t know much about your beliefs when it comes to a fair fight, but punching somebody who’s trying to shake your hand is a sucker punched by any definition.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You have to hand it to the aggressor. If your going to do something go all in.
View Quote

so, no joke, I teach my kids that if you MUST resort to violence, it better be OVERWHELMING violence
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#46]
#4is a little pissed...
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

OMG

Are you OK?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This happened near me.

OMG

Are you OK?

I'm literally shaking and crying right now.

*I said that it happened near me to explain the relevance and "rumor" nature of most of the info available at this time, JFC
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#48]
You don’t sucker punch the offender. You challenge the offender. Huge difference.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

*I said that it happened near me to explain the relevance and "rumor" nature of most of the info available at this time, JFC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This happened near me.

OMG

Are you OK?

Obviously you suffering from a wave of Hysteria since it was a fucking joke.

Lol.  I'm just giving you a hard time, man.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:sounds like we might actually agree.  Which brings us back around to my comment that fathers really owe it to their sons to teach them discretion and controlling their emotions, as much as they owe teaching them how to throw a punch (defend themselves in general).
View Quote

Stoicism has it's place, for sure.

So does knowing when it's time for payback.

As a former (very) angry young man, I feel this kid's pain. I do - and I empathize.

I just wish he could've seen the other kid in a dark alley and not on the court. That's gonna cost him - and likely in a big way.

Hell, I still harbor malice for shit done to me from '79 to around '82. I've just not been offered the opportunity for payback . . . yet. I can live with never having that opportunity, but if it ever comes, I bet the rage would return in an instant.

Some shit you never forget/forgive.

Just sayin'.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top