User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WTF is a Branca?
View Quote
In case there was any doubt you didn't read the thread.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Black shirt ex wife is a judge (most ex wife's don't help you out when you are the one who dumped them).  All that the state does is bring in another judge from a different county to preside over the case. It isn't a big deal. It would be Black shirt's motion to move the case to a different county.

Lubbock PD will be involved if there is a trial because they were the original investigator and report writers.  Anything the state investigators do isn't original source material. They will just validate the existing reports to insure accuracy and if there is sufficient evidence to bring it in front of a grand jury.
View Quote

iirc, black shirt is still married to that judge and was cheating her
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF is a Branca?

I never said that I read the thread. I only watched the same videos that everyone else watched.

But I did read your recap of Brancas personal opinion. Just like every other post here, it makes some pretty great leaps and assumptions to get to a very specific conclusion.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Branca gets it wrong because he doesn't read TX definition of a burglary close enough. By coming on the porch Chad legally is in the act of committing a burglary. Use of deadly force is legal in TX to immediately stop a burglary.  Chad dies on the porch, still committing the burglary.

Kyle will walk.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Every LTC class says otherwise.  Hell even Law Shield covers warning shots under their three myths of self defense in TX and says they are a no go.  Now I have no idea how this case will go but warning shots are not a thing you should do.
View Quote

Fear and Hearsay are more digestible to those that don't have time read and arm themselves with knowledge which esplains why Texas LTC instructors are hell bent on shilling it:

Firearms instructors clash over whether Texans should be able to carry handguns without license

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Branca gets it wrong because he doesn't read TX definition of a burglary close enough. By coming on the porch Chad legally is in the act of committing

a burglary. Use of deadly force is legal in TX to immediately stop a burglary.  Chad dies on the porch, still committing the burglary.

Kyle will walk.
View Quote
I think Branca justifies it up to black shirt being thrown off the porch. Branca states the threat was over after the porch throw*.

*As far as he can see in the video. If their was any further 'activity\gesture' it would be justified.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

iirc, black shirt is still married to that judge and was cheating her
View Quote

Their divorce was finalized 2 days after the shooting if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Branca gets it wrong because he doesn't read TX definition of a burglary close enough. By coming on the porch Chad legally is in the act of committing a burglary. Use of deadly force is legal in TX to immediately stop a burglary.  Chad dies on the porch, still committing the burglary.

Kyle will walk.

View Quote

Only Texas would have that dumb ass view of what a burglary is
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any structure attached to the house combined with an assault meets the definition of a burglary in TX. Chest bumping on the porch makes it burglary.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kyle will walk.

View Quote

Does a non enclosed porch count as entering the building?  Building is defined as an enclosed structure in the statute.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any structure attached to the house combined with an assault meets the definition of a burglary in TX. Chest bumping on the porch makes it burglary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cite?  Because the statute says enclosed.  Using that definition of burglary, a driveway could be considered burglary.  I seriously doubt the state would consider being in someone’s driveway as entering a structure.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like I said; only Texas would have something that stupid
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Does a non enclosed porch count as entering the building?  Building is defined as an enclosed structure in the statute.
View Quote
I think section B expands that and includes any attached structure.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle will walk.

Sounds similar to MI's Castle Doctrine statute.

In MI, if the porch has a roof, it counts, if it doesn't have a roof, it doesn't count.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]

$50m, where do these retard come up with these crazy lawsuit amounts?

Kyle should counter-sue.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Kyle should counter-sue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kyle should counter-sue.

For what? It's not the dead guy's fault that his peepee is small.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
wait, so now this happened outside of the ex wife's business and not black shirt's house?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

In MI, if the porch has a roof, it counts, if it doesn't have a roof, it doesn't count.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle will walk.

There’s no roof on that porch.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:32:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
wait, so now this happened outside of the ex wife's business and not black shirt's house?
View Quote

Hmmmm; if she was running a business out the house does that mean black shirt dosesnt have the authority to order green shirt to leave (along the lines of what I asked earlier)
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It could be black shirts home business,her being an employee. Don't know. Previous post say black shirt's parents are the property owners.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Take it with a grain of saltit's just an allegation made by an attorney. It may or may not be true.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is that curtilage argument that was discussed several times by the various lawyer videos linked.  I’m not buying that stepping on an open front porch with no roof or even a railing is entering a building when building is specifically defined as enclosed.  Driveways are often poured as part of a house’s slab.  I doubt you could claim your driveway is part of the curtilage, and someone is burglarizing your home for walking on it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is that curtilage argument that was discussed several times by the various lawyer videos linked.  I'm not buying that stepping on an open front porch with no roof or even a railing is entering a building when building is specifically defined as enclosed.  Driveways are often poured as part of a house's slab.  I doubt you could claim your driveway is part of the curtilage, and someone is burglarizing your home for walking on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is that curtilage argument that was discussed several times by the various lawyer videos linked.  I'm not buying that stepping on an open front porch with no roof or even a railing is entering a building when building is specifically defined as enclosed.  Driveways are often poured as part of a house's slab.  I doubt you could claim your driveway is part of the curtilage, and someone is burglarizing your home for walking on it.
Sec. 30.01.  DEFINITIONS.  In this chapter:

(1)  "Habitation" means a structure or vehicle that is adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons, and includes:
(A)  each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle;  and
(B)  each structure appurtenant to or connected with the structure or vehicle.
(2)  "Building" means any enclosed structure intended for use or occupation as a habitation or for some purpose of trade, manufacture, ornament, or use.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Imagine if guy shot was black.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

(1)  "Habitation" means a structure or vehicle that is adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons, and includes:
(A)  each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle;  and
(2)  "Building" means any enclosed structure intended for use or occupation as a habitation or for some purpose of trade, manufacture, ornament, or use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I read the statute.  I think we’re talking sheds, garages, out houses, pool houses, gazebos, etc.  The 6 foot open air porch with no roof in front of the house is really stretching the definition to the point of breaking.  I found Supreme Court rulings where convictions were vacated based on that kind of definition.  Unless you’re going to dig up some case law where people were convicted based on such a definition, I’m not buying it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle will walk.

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have read most posts and "Branca" means nothing to me.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:46:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope this ends soon.   What nonsensical laws.   Chad grabbed his crotch after the gun swing (defensive maneuver).  That justifies killing him.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#30]

"Jennifer Marie Read filed the lawsuit saying she and Chad went to his ex-wife’s place of business in an attempt to find the whereabouts of Chad’s youngest son, the lawsuit said."

Interesting if true.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm just throwing this out there. I'm guessing that these two knew each other and obviously do not get along.

Is it possible that even if he is now trespassing, going inside to retrieve a firearm when no deadly (or bodily harm) force is shown could be intent to commit murder?

Things did not escalate until the firearm was brought into the scene.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

There's no roof on that porch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle will walk.

It's also not in MI.

Half the porch is covered by roof. There is also a brick patio. Case law or sets it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"Jennifer Marie Read filed the lawsuit saying she and Chad went to his ex-wife’s place of business in an attempt to find the whereabouts of Chad’s youngest son, the lawsuit said."

Interesting if true.
View Quote

I think it means Chad's whore ex-wife worked for Kyle.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:24:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm just throwing this out there. I'm guessing that these two knew each other and obviously do not get along.

Is it possible that even if he is now trespassing, going inside to retrieve a firearm when no deadly (or bodily harm) force is shown could be intent to commit murder?

View Quote

Sure, anything could be argued as showing intent. See Binger in the Rittenhouse trial.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:57:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In Texas your front porch is, apparently, the same as your bedroom according to law.  So the shooter might get off.
View Quote

I believe that the reason the Lubbock DA punted to the Texas AG was because of the political fall out of ruling Black shirt guy was within his rights to cap Green shirt guy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's also not in MI.

Half the porch is covered by roof. There is also a brick patio. Case law or sets it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kyle will walk.

It's also not in MI.

Unless someone can produce some case law that a half covered unenclosed porch is considered inside the habitation, I don’t believe it.  Texas just passed a law in 2019 that made stealing packages off people’s porches a state crime instead of mail theft.  According to everyone with the burglary theory, cops could have been prosecuting porch pirates under the burglary statute.  Instead, they couldn’t do anything and punted it to the feds, which meant package theft wasn’t really punished at all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Jennifer Marie Read filed the lawsuit saying she and Chad went to his ex-wife's place of business in an attempt to find the whereabouts of Chad's youngest son, the lawsuit said."

Interesting if true.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I believe that the reason the Lubbock DA punted to the Texas AG was because of the political fall out of ruling Black shirt guy was within his rights to cap Green shirt guy.
View Quote

DA punted because Black shirt’s ex wife is a State Judge in Lubbuck.  He was married to her when he shot Green shirt
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I doubt it will happen in Lubbock.
With Black Shirt's wife being a judge, and the state taking everything over; look for a significant change in venue.  
Locals are all out of this.
States investigation, state prosecutor (think Austin), Grand Jury (Austin !!!!!, that would be bad for Black Shirt)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The case will still potentially go to a grand jury in Lubbock, and if goes to trial it will be in Lubbock, TX

0.0% chance of conviction IMHO.

Now ya'll can jump in and tell me why my opinion is wrong and ya'lls are right

I doubt it will happen in Lubbock.
With Black Shirt's wife being a judge, and the state taking everything over; look for a significant change in venue.  
Locals are all out of this.
States investigation, state prosecutor (think Austin), Grand Jury (Austin !!!!!, that would be bad for Black Shirt)

0.0% chance of that.  Trying a crime 300 miles away isn't a thing
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You keep saying this without thinking through the fact that the State AG has this whole case now.  
Lubbock no longer matters here.
No Lubbock PD, No Lubbock Prosecutor, likely no Lubbock GJ.
The decisions will be made In Austin for reasons that make sense in Austin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's literally maybe the worst example possible to use.  

Luckily ya'lls opinions matter as much as mine.  

Citizens in Lubbock Texas will decide this, and yes I know them better than anyone posting in this thread.

You keep saying this without thinking through the fact that the State AG has this whole case now.  
Lubbock no longer matters here.
No Lubbock PD, No Lubbock Prosecutor, likely no Lubbock GJ.
The decisions will be made In Austin for reasons that make sense in Austin.

Trial will be in Lubbock unless the defendant cannot receive a fair jury trial there.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’d be curious to know the make up of people who are one other side of the discussion as to their experience in deadly force confrontations or gunfights.  

The shooter was never in jeopardy in my opinion….which is based of actual experience.  

I believe manslaughter at a minimum is appropriate if not second degree murder.  

Being stupid is not justification for killing someone.  If it were the USA would have a population of right around 900k……China would have thousands of residents and the Middle East would be a barren wasteland.
View Quote

He intentionally shot him, in TX its murder or justified murder (self defense)
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That was a warning shot.

I am not sure why so many posters are changing the event to defend the guy in the black shirt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I googled warning shots in Texas and I found many lawyers saying they are illegal, and that was definitely a warning shot. You either need to use deadly force or you don’t.

Shooting at someone and missing hitting them is deadly force also.

That was a warning shot.

I am not sure why so many posters are changing the event to defend the guy in the black shirt.

Show me the penal code for warning shot

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Having a gun does not prove intent.  You can open carry any gun on your own property
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:20:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In Texas your front porch is, apparently, the same as your bedroom according to law.  So the shooter might get off.

Nope.

They recused themselves as their colleague would be called to testify and that's a reason to let another district Court deal with it
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, lawyers say not to do it and ccw instructors also.  Doesn't have to be in the penal code.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I googled warning shots in Texas and I found many lawyers saying they are illegal, and that was definitely a warning shot. You either need to use deadly force or you don’t.

Shooting at someone and missing hitting them is deadly force also.

That was a warning shot.

Penal code?  People are arguing it was a miss. It wasn’t, it was a warning shot.

Lots of people here are misrepresenting the events that are clearly shown in the videos.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Having a gun does not prove intent.  You can open carry any gun on your own property
View Quote

Geez; the mental gymnastics
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Dude, lawyers say not to do it and ccw instructors also.  Doesn't have to be in the penal code.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except black shirt was attacked by green shirt and lethal force was legal for self defense at that instance.
The fact the shot he fired missed does not make that shot meet the defination of a "warning shot".
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry I'm new to guns
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top