BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trailer almost made it look like a bit of a soft reboot/remake of the original Matrix movie … in the same way that Force Awakens was like a soft reboot of A New Hope.
View Quote

I thought the same thing….I wonder if it ties back to the conversation with the Architect when he said there had been many iterations of Neo.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing….I wonder if it ties back to the conversation with the Architect when he said there had been many iterations of Neo.
View Quote

No, because our Neo was the only one who's human attachment was love for Trinity and not humanity as a whole
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Tranny mentally ill twins make yet another movie.

No thanks, I love western civilization too much to participate in its destruction
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm excited about it.
Can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I am trying to prepare for dissapointment.  If I set the bar low enough, I might be happily surprised.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am trying to prepare for dissapointment.  If I set the bar low enough, I might be happily surprised.
View Quote

I am fighting this urge as well. If I get really drunk and watch the first one again maybe it'll go away.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#10]
In for disappointment!
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wasn't The Matrix a comic book first ?

Edit: Nope, thought wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At this point I’m convinced The Matrix was a fluke , and the Wachowski…siblings…are hacks that got lucky.

Wasn't The Matrix a comic book first ?

Edit: Nope, thought wrong.

It's based heavily on Neuromancer by William Gibson. Not necessarily the specific plot, but the imagry and characters are too similar to be coincidence.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A "talking head" video I saw said it was because the Morpheus we know wasn't put back into the Matrix. So we get a younger version that is/was in the Matrix.

It's looking to b MUCH better than DUNE and I had good hopes for Dune.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still confused about why Lawrence Fishburne isn't in it. They seem to have brought back other members of the cast from the trilogy. It's distracting having another actor play Morpheus.

I have to assume it is because he saw it was a steaming pile and decided the money wasn't worth it.

No, they didn't ask him to return
A "talking head" video I saw said it was because the Morpheus we know wasn't put back into the Matrix. So we get a younger version that is/was in the Matrix.

It's looking to b MUCH better than DUNE and I had good hopes for Dune.

I've pondered whether cloning would be used by the robots.

In any case Neo and Trinity are obviously back in the Matrix because what happened at the end of Revolutions, so that part is logical.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Those things have a Y chromospme, just saying.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Awesome, my body is ready!
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Not with the Wachcoski brothers  I mean Wachcoski sisters making it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#16]
They're going straight from 1 to 4?  Is this a Naked Gun thing?  

Because there was no 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like the cut of your jib
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anything coming out of WOKE HOLLYWOOD is gonna suck.

In the extreme unlikely event that it doesn't suck, there is still zero chance I will see it.

When patriots and normies stop paying aid to the enemy, this shit will end.

Hollywood can eat shit and die. That's the last I have to say about it.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm excited about it.
Can't wait to see it.
View Quote

Same

But I’m prepared to be let down
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, the first one was good, the second one was terrible, and the third one was worse, so mathematically it doesn't look promising.

The filmakers are WAY more woke and transgendered now, so it's got that going for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no spoon
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm hearing a lot of talk that Matrix 4 will have a disappointing box office opening weekend of around $30mm.

The primary culprit may be scheduling since it's opening only 1 week after Spiderman and the ticket sales for that thing are already crashing sites.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Oh. No.

Keanu Reeves said studio heads 'weren't ready' for a trans character in the first installment of 'The Matrix'.

Keanu Reeves said studio heads 'weren't ready' for a trans character in the first installment of 'The Matrix'
Canela Lpez Dec 1, 2021, 4:58 PM

Keanu Reeves said studio heads weren't "ready" for a trans character when "The Matrix" premiered in 1999.
In 2020, director Lilly Wachowski confirmed the films were intended as an allegory for the closeted trans experience.
It is unclear whether the upcoming film "The Matrix Resurrections" will feature trans characters.
In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, actor Keanu Reeves said an openly trans character was cut from an earlier script he received while working on "The Matrix."

An androgynous character named Switch was originally intended to be played by a woman in the matrix, and a man in the real world.

In a 2020 interview with Netflix, the film's co-director, Lilly Wachowski, said this plot line would have symbolized a transmasculine experience, had it come to fruition.

"I think the studio wasn't ready for that," Keanu Reeves told EW.

Ultimately, Switch was played by a woman in both worlds. Wachowski said while Switch wasn't featured as intended, the films' deeper meaning as an allegory for a closeted trans experience still holds true.

"The corporate world wasn't ready for it," Wachowski said in 2020. "'The Matrix' stuff was all about a desire for transformation but it was all coming from a closeted point of view."

Since the original trilogy premiered, Wachowski and her co-director and sister, Lana Wachowski, have both come out as trans and discussed how "The Matrix" helped them process their transness.

It's unclear whether or not the upcoming film "The Matrix Resurrections," which premieres December 22, will allude more heavily to transness or feature a trans character.

https://www.insider.com/matrix-actor-keanu-reeves-studio-wasnt-ready-for-trans-character-2021-12?amp

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#24]
It will be ok/good if you don’t have expectations that are to high.  The original was a trend setter and a original concept.  When I first saw it it blew my mind was thought provoking. This version we already know what the storyline is.  At best we can hope for a well executed plot twist, however there will be no OMG moments.
I expect it to be woke.
Any bets on who will be trans/bi etc ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It will be ok/good if you don't have expectations that are to high.  The original was a trend setter and a original concept.  When I first saw it it blew my mind was thought provoking. This version we already know what the storyline is.  At best we can hope for a well executed plot twist, however there will be no OMG moments.
I expect it to be woke.
View Quote

Neo.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Neo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It will be ok/good if you don't have expectations that are to high.  The original was a trend setter and a original concept.  When I first saw it it blew my mind was thought provoking. This version we already know what the storyline is.  At best we can hope for a well executed plot twist, however there will be no OMG moments.
I expect it to be woke.

Neo.

That would be so f—ked up
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Did the wachoski brothers turn Neo into a Tranny?

Carie Anne Moss is still a semi-hot MILF.

I feel triggered by their use of Trigger in the opening scene.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Unless Fishburne said something unsavory about cross-dressing men pretending to be women?
View Quote

Put money on it.

Blacks and Latinos are far less "tolerant " than Whites of freaks with mental issues.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
no chance
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#30]
There better be a pencil .. A FUCKING PENCIL
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Not gonna lie. Their final trailer is awesome.

The Matrix Resurrections - Official Trailer (2021) Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82W9KmyI04M
View Quote

Man, that trailer looks really good to me.
I must try hard to lower my expectations so I am pleased when I watch it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly, that's where I am with this too.  I hope I am wrong...
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It’s going to destroy the legacy.
View Quote

Reloaded and Revolutions ensured there was no legacy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Probably not
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#36]
John Wick is a Matrix sequel.....fight me!
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#37]
*doubt*
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
no chance
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#39]
I hope The Merovingian comes back.

ETA

I see that he will be back...
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#41]
No chance. Reeves is just going thru and rebooting series for money grabs.   I submit the latest Bill and Ted as exhibit A.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh. No.

Keanu Reeves said studio heads 'weren't ready' for a trans character in the first installment of 'The Matrix'.

Keanu Reeves said studio heads 'weren't ready' for a trans character in the first installment of 'The Matrix'
Canela Lpez Dec 1, 2021, 4:58 PM

Keanu Reeves said studio heads weren't "ready" for a trans character when "The Matrix" premiered in 1999.
In 2020, director Lilly Wachowski confirmed the films were intended as an allegory for the closeted trans experience.
It is unclear whether the upcoming film "The Matrix Resurrections" will feature trans characters.
In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, actor Keanu Reeves said an openly trans character was cut from an earlier script he received while working on "The Matrix."

An androgynous character named Switch was originally intended to be played by a woman in the matrix, and a man in the real world.

In a 2020 interview with Netflix, the film's co-director, Lilly Wachowski, said this plot line would have symbolized a transmasculine experience, had it come to fruition.

"I think the studio wasn't ready for that," Keanu Reeves told EW.

Ultimately, Switch was played by a woman in both worlds. Wachowski said while Switch wasn't featured as intended, the films' deeper meaning as an allegory for a closeted trans experience still holds true.

"The corporate world wasn't ready for it," Wachowski said in 2020. "'The Matrix' stuff was all about a desire for transformation but it was all coming from a closeted point of view."

Since the original trilogy premiered, Wachowski and her co-director and sister, Lana Wachowski, have both come out as trans and discussed how "The Matrix" helped them process their transness.

It's unclear whether or not the upcoming film "The Matrix Resurrections," which premieres December 22, will allude more heavily to transness or feature a trans character.

https://www.insider.com/matrix-actor-keanu-reeves-studio-wasnt-ready-for-trans-character-2021-12?amp

View Quote

Hollywood has run out of ideas so they are merging The Matrix with Transformers.  Got it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82W9KmyI04M
View Quote

Super Bigoted.  It says  that black people all look alike and are replaceable.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#45]
You cant do a reboot/sequel of movies like The Matrix this many years later and expect it to be good.  The magic of the series is gone and the originals should be left as they are
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Dunno but I’ll watch.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hope so. We went to the new Resident Evil movie and it sucked.
View Quote

It's even worse than the originals and that's not a high bar to cross.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks pretty bad and I liked the first one a lot.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top