Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2001 1:58:43 AM EDT
Do you guys have any recommendations for good gunsmiths in the So.CA area?  Looking to get some custom rifle work done, and maybe some 1911 work down the road.  Someone without an attitude...
thanks,
ptp
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Try this link to Evan Gun World. It's in Orange CA. It's clost to the Arrowhead Pond.

[url]http://www.egsw.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Entreprise Arms has a gunsmithing service although they are a FAL Mfg. They specialize in 1911 and AW's, They are in Irwindale.

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know much about Enterprise, but I've been to Evans... no thanks.  I met him a couple of years ago.  He has a little attitude.  His prices are outrageous, and I've seen his work which is nothing to brag about.  I was looking for a fake suppressor to screw on my pre-ban AR, and he said it would cost between $450-$600.
I thought I misheard him.  Had it done at a machine shop for $50.
Anyone else got a solid recommendation for rifle work (hunting, shotgun, or precision rifle work)?
***ptp
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Evan has a little attitude, yes, if you give him attitude.  But you asked for a good gunsmith in the So Cal area.  If you want a good one, that's what you got in Orange County.  Evan scuffed up the bluing on my son's gun, and when I noticed it, he apologized, and offered to [b]replace the gun[/b].  Can you honestly say that is what anyone else would have done... rebluing yes, but replacing?  

Besides, if you want AR work done, you're screwed anyways.  You've got to take it to a licensed CA AW repair facility.  Good luck finding another one in the area.  I hear there is one up in the Hollywood area, and heck, Evan might even give you the name and number if you are polite to him.

His pricing is slightly higher, as it is with all non-chain stores that are interested in your business for the long term, instead of the quick buck for tomorrow.  He's also flexible on his prices, and will wheel and deal with people who are polite and recognize that he's got a business to run as well.  

As far as the fake suppressor, man, he was obviously doing something I've seen him, and other business owners do, even myself.  He didn't want to do it for whatever reason, and he priced it sky high instead of telling you no.  Why?  Because if you had said yes, he would have laughed his way to the bank, and wouldn't care about having to do something against his previous reasoning.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#6]
For a good 1911 smith, I would recomend Eric Ganac at Gunex, a master at Limited Guns.
Dave as mentioned above is also highly talked about. I`ve had lawrence at Entreprise fix and tune my AR and it was done cheap and correctly in a timely manner. And he`s a nice guy, Ditto for Gunex.
Kings Gunworks in Glendale is renowned in the 1911 world esp for Paras.
Email me if you need any of these links  
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 12:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
got my 1911 back from Kings last week and it ROCKS!!!
[url]www.kingsgunworks.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Shameless plug;
June 2nd shoot/bbq/meet/comp.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=19416#lastPost[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top