Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 'smart' Vizio TV turns itself on randomly from time to time.

I don't think its anything paranormal though.

I was going to post the same thing. Lol!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/B926BC70-2451-4EC1-A889-3A3C070B9F9D-404.gif

I've had all sorts of tvs, all sorts of tech, all sorts of cheap chicom shit. None of it has ever ever turned itself on. I've been through probably 15 smart phones. Five different smart TVs, tablets, laptops, desktop pcs, none of them ever just turned on.

The only reason I think this is all just coincidental and in my imagination is because my dog hasnt gone ape shit crazy yet. Granted she is 12 years old and slow. But usually she can tell when things are getting weird and will alert us.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We live in a very small house for the past five years. I know this house like the back of my hand. Every inch. I've never heard this many noises before at night.

I'm bed now. We sleep with a table fan running and I usually have headphones in listening to a podcast or learning something. I'll see how the rest of the night goes.

Nothing I posted is humor. I don't think I need to start praying, yet. There is nothing sinister going on as far as I can tell. We are not threatened or in danger. There is just some spooky stuff going on, that is likely coincidental, or not.
View Quote

Correct.  It IS probably coincidental.

Be Blessed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If your anus is sore tomorrow you were visited by the ghost of Freddy Mercury.

Get his autograph.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:43:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If your anus is sore tomorrow you were visited by the ghost of Freddy Mercury.

Get his autograph.
View Quote

This is good advice.  A Dead Freddy Mercury autograph is worth some big bucks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just finished watching The Conjuring because it's almost Halloween and that's what one does. Head into the bathroom to draw my shower. All of the sudden I hear a loud video being played. Figured it was my wife on her phone, but it's odd for her to be playing a video that loud as our sons asleep across the hall. Wait a minute and the loud video doesn't stop playing. I venture out into the hallway and the children's video is coming from the office. It's my son's tablet that just randomly began playing on the highest volume. Out of the blue. Coincidental?
View Quote

There are only two rational and plausible explanations:

1.  You are suffering from a psychotic break that manifests as auditory and visual hallucinations.
2.  You are making things up out of whole cloth.

There is no paranormal. There are no ghosts. There are no spooks, haunts, demons, spirits, pixies, imps or lost souls wandering around moaning and saying "BOO!".  The sooner you realize this, the less supernatural bullshit you will find hiding under the bed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t believe in ghosts/spirits but I was at home in our old house we rented and while in the shower I distinctly heard someone open a cabinet door and slam it. I just thought my wife had come home from work pissed off and finished up, when I got out of the shower I found out I was the only one home. A few months later when talking to the old woman across the street I found out that an older couple lived in the home and their son committed suicide in the home also the older gentleman died there as well. Kind of sent a tingle up my spine when I heard that!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Be Blessed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Be Blessed.
No! don't reassure him.

OP, that ghost is spreading cheeks tonight. I'll pray for your sphincter integrity.

Quoted:
I don't believe in ghosts/spirits but I was at home in our old house we rented and while in the shower I distinctly heard someone open a cabinet door and slam it.
Things happen. I never immediately jump to spooks pulling hijinks. Sometimes I can explain it in my head immediately and sometimes I can't (figured out recently that a loud pop from my closet months ago were some batteries that exploded). Like sashquach, mothman, and AIDS, ghosts aren't real. There have been no conclusively proven cases of paranormal activity and nothing remotely close to evidence of such in the internet age. The places where the body counts are the highest seem to have the least amount of ghost encounters. If they were real, you'd get a new video every week out of Chiraq or baltimore of some guy screaming "WIRRRRRRRRRRRLSTAR! YO MUH N WORD RAY RAY BACK FROM THE DEAD! OH SHIT HE JUST THREW A PLATE AGAINST DA WALL! OOOOOH BABY HE MAD HIS ASS GOT CLIPPED IN A DRIVE BY! OOOOH! OOOOOOOOOOH! HE SLAMMIN' THE DOORS NOW! DATS RIGHT RAY RAY! GO OFF KING!"

How often do you see that? Never. It's always scam artists in the piss end of nowhere that try to scam others monetarily in one way or another.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken, you've posted a couple of these in the recent past.

Is a fixation with the occult becoming a more prominent theme in your consciousness?

ETA:  Is it something that you are eager to expereince--and if so, why?  

What are you looking for, exactly?  Proof of something larger than the what you routinely encounter in your personal day-to-day existence?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Congrats OP!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

A ghost's love is very different from that of a square
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just finished watching The Conjuring because it's almost Halloween and that's what one does. Head into the bathroom to draw my shower. All of the sudden I hear a loud video being played. Figured it was my wife on her phone, but it's odd for her to be playing a video that loud as our sons asleep across the hall. Wait a minute and the loud video doesn't stop playing. I venture out into the hallway and the children's video is coming from the office. It's my son's tablet that just randomly began playing on the highest volume. Out of the blue. Coincidental?
View Quote

Yes!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#14]
My 11-year-old knows that ghosts are a bunch of bullshit.

Scary that there are adults here that believe in this fucking nonsense.

Truly scary.

OH NO, JUST HEARD A THUMP!

Must be paranormal, not my daughter slamming the refrigerator door!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Damn you got a better memory than I do. You're right I think I posted one a few years back. This was super weird. We've had that tablet since the beginning of the year and it's never just started a video by itself on the highest volume. And certainly not after watching a movie about paranormal activity. I think I'm screwed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken, you've posted a couple of these in the recent past.

Is a fixation with the occult becoming a more prominent theme in your consciousness?

ETA:  Is it something that you are eager to expereince--and if so, why?  

What are you looking for, exactly?  Proof of something larger than the what you routinely encounter in your personal day-to-day existence?

Damn you got a better memory than I do. You're right I think I posted one a few years back. This was super weird. We've had that tablet since the beginning of the year and it's never just started a video by itself on the highest volume. And certainly not after watching a movie about paranormal activity. I think I'm screwed.

The conjuring almost made me shit my pants. Did all these events happen in the same house???
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:44:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Worse than a haunting ... you've been hacked
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:45:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Protect your anus, dude.

No one admits to getting anally violated by ghosts in their sleep.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:50:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've had grown men say that. Then they come out and camp at my place (country living).

They re-fucking-fuse to ever camp out here again. Some of them flat out won't come back to the property. My own brother REFUSES to spend the night (he helped me a lot with renovation/construction) because "no fucking way."

There ain't shit until your eyes get as big as saucers and then you turn and say "DID YOU SEE THAT!!!!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 11-year-old knows that ghosts are a bunch of bullshit.

Scary that there are adults here that believe in this fucking nonsense.

That's truly scary.
I've had grown men say that. Then they come out and camp at my place (country living).

They re-fucking-fuse to ever camp out here again. Some of them flat out won't come back to the property. My own brother REFUSES to spend the night (he helped me a lot with renovation/construction) because "no fucking way."

There ain't shit until your eyes get as big as saucers and then you turn and say "DID YOU SEE THAT!!!!!"
I've seen shit that will turn your hair white but there has never some "ethereal ghost" BS associated with it.
If I can see it I can burn it down. Ain't shit in this world that scares me. It's the shit I'll face in the next that gives me pause...
Just sayin'
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Was it on YouTube? Those fucking guys somehow push ads that wake up my sleeping computer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:31:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Very rare we notice anything in the new house, maybe 1-2 times per year a quick "event" of some sort.

Quiet is nice

The Indian drums we have *somewhere* on recording from one night with the recorder outside is cool.

I should try to find all those files of evidence we collected over the years. Lots of voices and noises recorded. Also had video of stuff being moved, but that hard drive crashed
View Quote

@Rat_Patrol you should put a thread together with all of that stuff! I would love see it and/or read about your experiences!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Tablet probably did a previously set/timed update and turned on to whatever was on in a background app or something.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:40:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't believe in ghosts/spirits but I was at home in our old house we rented and while in the shower I distinctly heard someone open a cabinet door and slam it. I just thought my wife had come home from work pissed off and finished up, when I got out of the shower I found out I was the only one home. A few months later when talking to the old woman across the street I found out that an older couple lived in the home and their son committed suicide in the home also the older gentleman died there as well. Kind of sent a tingle up my spine when I heard that!
View Quote
Oh hell no
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:42:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@Rat_Patrol you should put a thread together with all of that stuff! I would love see it and/or read about your experiences!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#26]
well username checks out
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#27]
ITT, I find out people living in a first world country in 2021 still believe in ghosts.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wrong.  Wrong, Wrong. Wrong.

Ghosts are resonant sounds or images impressed upon a particular section of space time by causation unknown.  That causation will NEVER be understood in our lifetime.  Ghosts are nothing to fear.

Spirits are a different matter.  Unlike what Christians would like you to believe, there seems to be various kinds of spirits; some of which are, without ANY doubt, malevolent and dangerous as all get out.

Others seem to just be ambivalent with unknown motivations.

Some seem to be good but aren't very easy to understand as to their motivations, either.

The best advice I can give someone concerning spiritual creatures of any kind is this:  "FOOLS SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH THINGS THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!!"

View Quote

That sounds like something a demon would say.  

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU TO LEAVE

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

WRONG!

The indicated procedure is to whip it out and start fapping, to drive the ghost away.

Bro, do you even GD?
View Quote

This is the second time in two days I’ve read here in GD about self pleasuring being used to ward off evil spirits. What in the heck is that all about?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is the second time in two days I’ve read here in GD about self pleasuring being used to ward off evil spirits. What in the heck is that all about?
View Quote

If you where a ghost, would you stick around if an overweight, sweaty oaf started pulling his pud in your general direction?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#31]
No word from the OP yet, huh?  I am freaking out!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Who “draws a shower” in the 21st century?

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That sounds like something a demon would say.  

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU TO LEAVE

View Quote
Nah, I'm cool. I'm not a belieber.  I find a hilarious dichotomy in being an atheist who has had the fortune (or MISfortune) of having multiple types of paranormal experiences....which is damn odd because...I'M AN ATHEIST!!!!  I don't even believe in or mess around with the things I have seen.  I did see a death metal band in concert once...but it was Aether Realm.  They're not exactly Satanic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 6:43:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm down for a camping weekend.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:27:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s just your FBI agent fucking with you. Call them up and ask for a quieter one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

*snort*
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#38]
So howzabout an update?

Has your kid levitated above the bed or anything?

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#39]
It's probably scabies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Yup, this is how it starts. At first it's just random electronics or lights turning on and off, then within a day you have ghost cock in your mouth.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

1.  You are suffering from a psychotic break that manifests as auditory and visual hallucinations.

There is no paranormal. There are no ghosts. There are no spooks, haunts, demons, spirits, pixies, imps or lost souls wandering around moaning and saying "BOO!".  The sooner you realize this, the less supernatural bullshit you will find hiding under the bed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#43]
My kid left the riding mower outside and I didn’t realize it till it started up by itself yesterday.
I’m guessing since it was raining some water trickled down and completed a circuit somewhere.
Could be a ghost wanted to mow some lawn though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Really?  And how exactly did you come to know everything that can (and cannot) happen in this world?  Seriously--I'd like you to explain it to me.  It must be pretty awesome, knowing so much.

This woman (link below) and her family began displaying paranormal phenomena.  The case was investigated by the Catholic church, and she underwent the Rite of Exorcism in 2014.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/27/family-possessed-seeks-exorcism/4939953/

At one point when they were being treated at the hospital her son walked backwards up the wall.  This was witnessed by a nurse at the hospital.

From the article:

...According to Washington's original DCS report— an account corroborated by Walker, the nurse — the 9-year-old had a "weird grin" and walked backward up a wall to the ceiling. He then flipped over Campbell, landing on his feet. He never let go of his grandmother's hand.

"He walked up the wall, flipped over her and stood there," Walker told The Star. "There's no way he could've done that."
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
probably the FBI AI designd to turn on the mike thought it would be funny to turn on the video instead.

View Quote
Probable,been to any school board meetings??
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#46]
In.

I don't believe in ghosts or paranormal, but my brother and I had a weird unexplained event happen when we were kids.

My brother was 12 I was 8, we went downstairs in my grandparents house to shoot some pool, they had a fireplace, a record player and a pool table down there. All of a sudden my brother and I both heard a grand piano playing extremely loud in the basement. I mean I shit you not it's like we were standing right next to someone playing the piano. My brother and I stopped dead in our tracks, looked at each other and took off sprinting upstairs.

None of the adults heard the music. Still to this day cannot explain it. There was no record in the record player, no speakers or anything plugged in.

Still to this day when my brother and I talk about it the hair on my neck stands up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ITT, I find out people living in a first world country in 2021 still believe in ghosts.
View Quote
AFTER watching The Conjuring.

Overheated imagination? Nah. Gotta be the "supernatural"

I need to start selling my shares of the Brooklyn bridge in the EE.

Link Posted: 10/16/2021 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say OP was just freaked out by the movie.

Whether or not the supernatural exists is a totally separate issue.

If his house filled with black flies and his kid walked backwards up the wall--OK, that might deserve a closer look.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Not a ghost of a chance.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 3:51:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Also in for this thread.

I'm not a 100% believer in the paranormal, but I've seen some extremely disconcerting stuff that I cannot find a rational explanation for. Now, that doesn't necessarily imply paranormal, just that I couldn't find any rational explanation for the things I experienced, and they scared the shit out of me.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top