Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2001 11:16:41 PM EDT
Anyone have input on the USP 45? Im thinking about trading a SW99 40 cal in on one. Are they accurate/reliable? any info is appreciated...
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
BEST PISTOL I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. Very accurate,very reliable, quality, quality, quality. I would be very surprised to hear anyone badmouth a USP. Buy it. If you don't buy it now the price will only go up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a SOCOM and did not balance well. I shot a friends USP 45 and it was better than a Socom in the balance and "practical" accuracy. If you go benchresting that will be a different game.

I like them, but a 1911 is so much better. Je je je. [uzi]
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a compact model and its my favorie non 1911 .45.

Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 40C, 45C, 45F, and Mark 23. These things are works of art. In some ways I like the Glocks because of the consistent trigger pull (even though the stock trigger is crappy), but the HKs are truely state of the art for lack of a better term.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:02:51 AM EDT
[#6]
For out of the box quality, reliability, and accuracy, I would rate the Sig 220 #1, quality 1911 (eg. Springfield or Kimber) #2, Glock .45 #3, and Smith & Wesson 4506 #4... oh, what gun were you originally talking about?
***ptp
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Tested one a couple of years ago, the safety broke in my hands, the grip girth is way too big, and other than uniformed duty, it's size makes it too impractical.
H&K makes a fine weapon, and if you like their stuff, stick with the high-end pistols such as the P7's.  While conducting a law enforcement expo back in '97, a H&K rep actually told me that the USP was designed for Americans that couldn't afford P7's.  Also, my cousin is in the Corp down in Pendleton (CA), and he says that the SEALs that he's met stick with the M9's, 226's, and on rare occasion 1911's.
Sorry to disappoint a few AR15.comers...
***ptp
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Part-time must have gotten a freak anomaly if the safety broke (if the HKPro and HK Forum forums are any indication). He does have a valid point about the grip being large--and if you're not LE, you don't even get the benefit of the 2 extra rounds that make the grip large (not without paying $100+ per mag).

I have a Fullsize, and have not had one FTF/FTE/Jam or any other malfunction of any kind. None. It has fed and fired everything from South African PMP to Federal American Eagle with the utmost style and grace. I am the limiting factor in this weapon system, and as I feed more rounds through it, I become less of one.

So there you go, if you can handle the size of the grip on the fullsize, go for it. You will never regret the purchase. If the grip is too large, you can try the 45 Compact--it may be the perfect fit.

As with any weapon purchase, try the weapon before you trade for it, or buy it.

My USP is the best handgun I have ever purchased, and the only one I will stake my life on.

"Great occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to the eyes of men.  Silently and imperceptibly, as we wake or sleep, we grow strong or weak; and at last some crisis shows what we have become."---Brook Foss Westcott
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#9]
It is the best pistol I have ever shot and that I own.  It is a close tie with the sig220, beats the hell out of a glock.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a HK USP45 compact and a HK USP45 Tactical. They both have the UTL attached. I am planning on getting 1 more of each. I LOVE THESE GUNS. Stay away from the Mark23, its an anchor. Tactical is a much better choice. GET THE TACTICAL and a UTL for it. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Ditto to the above (except the pork) I have full size and compacts in .45 and have fed them every kind of ammo you can think of - GREAT WEAPON !!!  [x]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
back around 93 i bought my first usp in 9mm  shot it liked it the got the 40 cal then the 45 came out well i just had to have it to get the whole set.

i later still put on the factory HK scope mount and slapped on a c-more sight. Now I cant shoot that thing enough enough. GET THAT USP NOW, DO NOT LOOK BACK!!!!!!

its an excellent piece on top of everything else too
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#13]
H&K USP .45 fullsize is the way to go.  Got one.  Got plans for the UTL and tritium sights. Those weapons are more forgiving that a priest.  You will be able to fire ANY .45 round with ease.  They are very durable inside and out.  My weapon is currently on loan to a friend of mine who is training in law enforcement.  The .45 USP will be his weapon of choice during duty and he needs a "loaner" to qualify with.

"Manstopper"  That is the first word that came to mind after firing the first rounds from it.

An ear to ear grin is in your future witha purchase of this firarm.  And if you buy it new you receive a lifetime warranty from Heckler & Koch.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Make some room for me on that H&K USP bandwagon! [:)]

I have never had a failure in any of the 1/2 dozen USPs I've fired extensively. A USP.45 compact has taken the place of my Wilson Combat CQB and Wilson tuned Colt Combat Commander for everyday carry.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#15]
My USP .45 compact is the best pistol I have ever fired.
It is comfortable in the hand sights well and with some 200grn+p Gold Dot will just about do the job.
The mags are best for me with the finger extension. You get one with and one without usually whe you buy a NIB but they are readily available at an HK dealer. Get the HK night sights too for carry they are superb
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I traded my son-in-law (stinking fed)(just kidding) for my Glock 21. sorriest trade I ever made. My Glock will out perform this USP any day of the week and is WAAY more accurate. Also, the single action is too light on the USP for self-protection, it is almost as light as my 1911A1, which I prefer over both of these.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#17]
NOT ACCURATE??? Whatcha feedin it,cheap commie reloads?I see that it's savoy not savvy!!!      glock vs HK  - VW vs BMW !!  [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I own a USP 45 and a Glock 21.  I've put over 8000 rounds through it without any problems with the pistol (the magazines are another story).  As far as I am concerned the Glock doesn't hold a candle to the USP.

In hindsight, I wish I had bought another USP rather than the Glock.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top