Link Posted: 5/26/2001 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Mines up!
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2001 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes, and God bless our Veterans, living and dead.  Thank you all.  Some of us understand and don't forget.
View Quote
                                           Well said...............[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 5:39:20 AM EDT
[#4]

DVD....   Nice Touch..  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#6]
It's flyin' proudly!

Uncle Al
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#7]
"First call. First call to Colors"

We proudly raise the Ensign every morning 08:00, rain or shine.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#8]
The volunteer fire company I serve with has members that have never, ever entered a burning building (they are always missing).  They consistently show up for public displays and parades, which makes me ashamed of the uniform.

What good is a flag if there is no "heart" behind the man raising it......

The problem with the US today has very little to do with Jack booted thugs or a loss of "GOD", it has everything to do with personal accountability.  

What kind of person can get up in the morning and raise a flag that represents the very cause they moved to Canada to avoid defending?

I watched a documentary on the treatment of POWs in SEA.. it made me sick.  Men beaten to death so as to not give info that might hurt their brother flyers.  We simply cannot do enough to ever pay back that kind of honor and integrity.

1,100,000+ men and women have given their lives to give meaning to that symbol.  Maybe if we all just spent a little more time before entering the election booth, and maybe spent one hour a month writing our senators, or maybe spent one day a year asking questions at the local municipal building...we could change things back for these men that gave everything....

Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:39:56 AM EDT
[#9]
What bothers me is how few of my neighbors bothered to fly a flag this weekend.  I live in a relatively good neighborhood, and there was only 1 other house on my street with a flag.  The guy across the street is a paramedic/firefighter, and he flew a 50-Star flag.  I fear our future as a nation is sad.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:09:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the same complaint, about 1 in 20 homes displays a flag.

In younger years, every home in the neighborhood would have a flag flying.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top