Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same here.  Oversold but we have production interruptions for lack of employees.  Most times if one person calls of the line is down.

Everyone on 12 hour shifts ( instead of 8) for months which had lead to the loss of many employees some in senior positions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My best friend works for a company that makes all sorts of paint products, including spray paint.
Components, chemicals, transportation, lack of workers, it's all hitting their business. The craziest part of it all is their order books are slammed full. They literally can't make enough to fill their orders for all the above reasons.

Same here.  Oversold but we have production interruptions for lack of employees.  Most times if one person calls of the line is down.

Everyone on 12 hour shifts ( instead of 8) for months which had lead to the loss of many employees some in senior positions.

Yeah, I'd bail too at some point.

It's always ''I can't find workers'' instead of management blaming themselves and at some point, they are doing something wrong. Hours, pay, beni's, working conditions. I would bet that if 100% of ALL management and office staff and the owner spent that time at the company [and NOT working ''off site''] they would get a clue that line/factory floor employees will only put up with that for so long before they look elsewhere for work. And right now is the perfect time to do that.

One doesn't usually quit a bad business, they quit a bad boss or incompetent management.

Right now, hiring should be proactive instead of reactive, especially if a business has the work. I seldom see it put into practice.[even where I work]  Mandatory long term OT is the first sign of incompetent upper management. The blame is on them. And the older more senior [and usually the most knowledgeable] employees WILL leave at some point, it will break them physically even if their minds are perfectly fine and they will take what they have learned elsewhere. The snowball effect is very real when it comes to employees, the loss starts as a trickle and ends up a flood.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I know Grainger is sold out of black spray paint.  I was able to get silver and fluorescent green.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a helluva time finding shoelaces yesterday. I went to 3 stores, and they all had 1-2 sets in the middle of a rack of bare hooks.
If you see a guy today with brown boot laces in his reddish/tan leather dress boots, that's probably me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My brother-in-law is a truck driver he says they arent unloading the container ships.
so its being done intentionally.
He told me this weekend that Christmas stuff from China is just now being unloaded and theres now way in hell its going to make the shelves this year.
It has to go through the supply chain.
View Quote

It's not being done intentionally... The ports of LA and Long Beach do not run 24/7 like Euro ports, and they do not have enough drivers to pick up containers to move them, and the Railroads do not have enough to move them to DC's. It's a Systematic issue of JIT and it's magnified by Covid lockdowns, Paying people to stay home and people hoarding shit.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walmart and lowes are both cleared out of spray paint

I can't understand that one

https://www.gunssavelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/tribett.jpg

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Lots of empty holes in the grocery shelves last night, but it was Sunday evening...........
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]
My grocery was stocked well.  I think it depends when you go.  Sunday evenings most people have shopped.  And ebt days and now advanced child tax credit.  The food items for kids’ lunches and breakfasts seem thinner, but that’s about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We did our weekly shopping today and I noticed just a few odd things

One, Wylers beef bullion cubes out of stock.  Store brand?  Yes.  And this is the third grocery chain store that I've searched

Pork Ribs, baby backs

Incredibly expensive

Other pork products at their normal prices

View Quote

I did notice bacon was running low and out under $6 or so.  Mostly the expensive stuff left.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
It seems that over the last year we have turned into East Germany.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the new normal.  It's going to get worse.......much worse.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#11]
The Wal-Mart I shop at has been out of chicken for weeks and yesterday they were out of seafood. The seafood cooler was empty, along with the chicken cooler.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:59:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gatorades were all gone in Texas last week also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every week it’s something different. Last week you couldn’t find Gatorade outside of a gas station and for some reason snack packs are MIA FML

Gatorades were all gone in Texas last week also.

Gatorade around here has been out or short supply for months.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Welcome to the new normal.  It's going to get worse.......much worse.
View Quote

Yup. Gov is bad at fixing problems, in general most problems are caused by government. However,  Democrats are extra, extra bad at fixing problems since their base beliefs are often fantasy based, and the end result is they are simply incapable of fixing problems, any “ solution” they dream up will fuck up the original problem 2x worse as well as fuck up 3 other things which were working fine, not to mention costing billions to implement.

Gonna get WAY, WAY worse.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’ve noticed two weeks ago some bare shelves, at my heb.   this weekend I went to a different heb and didn’t notice anything missing?
View Quote

That could simply be a time of day thing with stockers or a lack of stockers at one location.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#15]
It seems the aisles are getting wider and I’m seeing more open floorspace in the middle near the clothing section at the Wal-Marts near me.  

It’s very noticeable when you can remember when every inch of floorspace was maximized for product placement.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If a person doesn't have 6+ months of food, water, TP, and ammo stocked up at this point then they are irresponsible.
View Quote

thread....
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Government is fabricating part of the panic by stalling shipments in ports too.  

These demons who occupy the WH want us as slaves and have handlers whose aim is globalization through Marxist rule.  Destroy freedom, control media, tech, education, kill supply of basics to bring free people further on their knees.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Just got back from grocery store, shelves were being stocked, didn't see any shortage of anything, did pick up some things that normally would've waited til I'm low, but, by that point might not be available
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Did my grocery shopping yesterday in Austin, nothing was out that I needed, plenty of paper products, meat, etc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Hit walmart in RI Friday, CT on Sunday.

RI - the clothing section was lacking, I went looking for wranglers and every clothing item was spread out.to give the appearance of having "stock"

CT- the toy section was barren. The food areas were also spread out to give.the appearance of stock. I got some pool chemicals on clearance for next year
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Walmart and lowes are both cleared out of spray paint

I can't understand that one
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Fed Reserve's latest Beige Book (seriously...) mentions shortage or short supply 80 times, and predicts the situation is going to get worse going into the Christmas holidays. People are edgy enough, we really don't need the low simmering anger out there now ratcheting up a few more notches.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Nothing my family buys has been out of stock recently. We buy a lot of shit every week. Maybe we don't buy what you all buy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#24]
We went shopping at costco yesterday, everything was there, just a limit of 1, on TP, and paper towels.

My SO buys the paper product evan if we don't need it. I figured out shes a hoarder. I have a lot of spam.  lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had a helluva time finding shoelaces yesterday. I went to 3 stores, and they all had 1-2 sets in the middle of a rack of bare hooks.
If you see a guy today with brown boot laces in his reddish/tan leather dress boots, that's probably me.
View Quote

You obviously failed to lay in a six-month supply of shoelaces.

Food, water, ammo, shoelaces.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Everything was in stock when I hit the store this morning, South Texas. Didn't spot any shortages. Ended up getting bulk beans, lentles, flour, yeast, pasta, etc. and extra TP on top of whatever else was on my list. Bacon, sausage was normal. Ground beef was a bit more than usual at $3.50 a lb. There was some cheaper, on sale, but I expect it was a bit older.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Interesting. Costco on saturday in Nampa, Idaho was packed to the ceiling with everything. TP included. So strange how it seems very localized.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#28]
It's happening!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Sams club had a one toilet paper case limit and were almost out when I got there. It seemed every cart in the store had a case in it, some including myself had two cases since my father was with me. I also bought 100lbs of rice to add to the 25lbs I already had and 10lbs of salt just so I have it in the house if shit go's tits up. Freezers full as well as the pantry so were good for quite a while.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#30]
I stocked up on TP years ago, I have like 20 4-packs of pre-ban TP(ie the ones that fill the width of the holder)
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#31]
My friend runs a snack cart in the middle of the local shopping mall, he has been having problems finding standard Pringles. He also sells little toys from China, his supplier said once his supply is gone, there is no estimate when he will re-stock them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well in positive news the Walmart here local had bulk boxes of .22lr in the case this AM when I stopped for groceries! 16 bulk boxes of 2 varieties! I would have bought them up but I snagged 8 of them 2 weeks ago, so I left these for someone else! Happy hunting out there!
View Quote

Yeah at  $.13 CPR plus tax, yikes!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hit both our local grocery stores for chicken livers, both out. And one said been having trouble getting them.

Now, remember that 2.7 million birds are processed WEEKLY on DelMarVa....
View Quote

Last year a lot of meat products were leaving the country.... https://www.marketplace.org/2020/05/11/covid-19-us-meat-exports-china/

Wonder if that is still going on?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Last year a lot of meat products were leaving the country.... https://www.marketplace.org/2020/05/11/covid-19-us-meat-exports-china/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hit both our local grocery stores for chicken livers, both out. And one said been having trouble getting them.

Now, remember that 2.7 million birds are processed WEEKLY on DelMarVa....

It is. We're the largest food exporter in the world by an enormous margin - the USA exports more food than the next two largest exporters combined.

We're the world's breadbasket.

ETA: Value is in thousands of dollars.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Wow….

I think this is my longest running thread ever !!!!

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
New lockdowns cometh...
View Quote

This time it's not the threat of lockdowns - although honestly, 200 million fucking retards should know to have TP on hand by now - it's the threat of mass-firings.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's not being done intentionally... The ports of LA and Long Beach do not run 24/7 like Euro ports, and they do not have enough drivers to pick up containers to move them, and the Railroads do not have enough to move them to DC's. It's a Systematic issue of JIT and it's magnified by Covid lockdowns, Paying people to stay home and people hoarding shit.

View Quote

The brother in law says drivers are being turned away. It’s the unloading that’s the problem and never has been before.
So whatever is going on it’s being done on purpose.
He was just out there last week to pick up and got turned away.
He stayed n a motel two days before he was sent on another run.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am just not seeing many bare shelves around here in central Florida.
The only thing I have seen that is out was at Lowe's, all of the blue existing work electrical boxes are out.
I go to Home Depot and they have plenty of them.
It just seems like it depends where and when you go, some things might be out one day and in the next.
Went to Costco last week, plenty of TP.
View Quote

Cocoa Walmart had no yellow mustard yesterday. End times are here
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The brother in law says drivers are being turned away. It’s the unloading that’s the problem and never has been before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not on purpose.

There aren't enough containers and that means a lot of things have been shipped as bulk freight. There just aren't anywhere near enough people to unload it and things are backing up worse and worse.

It's not even as bad as it's going to be. Hard to believe how crazy things will be.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#40]
No shortages in my area of either food or paper products.  I did pay $5.50 for a pound of bacon that last month cost me $3.70.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
'
Wow.

I think this is my longest running thread ever !!!!

View Quote

Lock it down, gentlemen.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don’t understand why the pork producers just cut out California.  Don’t conform to the law and eliminate California all together.  Let the higher prices and shortage in state ramp up.  That will make the consumers rethink their vote and pressure the government to change something.
View Quote

Do you actually not understand?

Think very hard about why a business might not want to cut off service to a region with 40 million potential consumers.

Think very, very hard about that. It just might come to you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don’t understand why the pork producers just cut out California.  Don’t conform to the law and eliminate California all together.  Let the higher prices and shortage in state ramp up.  That will make the consumers rethink their vote and pressure the government to change something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My closest Sams was barren of meat, water and toilet paper.

Also, Oscar Meyer bacon went from $5 to $11. Holy Crap!

The bacon shortage has been fortold.
Bacon Shortage

A majority of CA voters likely support the banning of pork products being sold in CA.
Just below a majority are likely fine with the suspension of sales of all meat products, many others would probably just say "oh well, if the government thinks it is a good idea, I will just be a vegetarian now".

Wife and I are already making plans to become bacon smugglers. I have been shopping for a vintage Trans Am and a semi.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#44]
I haven't seen a Lunchable at our local grocery store for over a month now.  I noticed those because I'll grab a couple to throw in my pack when heading out fishing or hunting.  It seems like fresh produce has had a decrease in variety and quantity available, too.  Prices stupid high across the board at every store but I haven't noticed blanket shortages yet.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#45]
I stocked up on TP well before the China Flu. Would buy extra packs with every trip to the store. Kid would tease me, yeah you have a closet full of food and things well never use...

I have enough TP to wipe my ass for the next 20 years. During the coming great undoing, when the normies are dragging their asses across their carpets to get clean, I'll have great value two ply grabbing Klingons.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#46]
I haven't been able to find Lunchables for my boys for their school lunches. They've been out everywhere for months.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Stores have been like that for weeks around here. When I ask, the employee always says they don't have people to stock what they have. Can't get anyone to work, so shelves run bare. YMMV
View Quote

Ditti this. The shortages are more than just being sold out. They are a three pronged issue.

And this is what happens when you pay people not to work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Who has ammo

??

Welcome to Socialism

The United Socialist America
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Just ordered toilet paper for work from Sam's club, no issues. Went shopping yesterday. Gatorade has been out most of the summer. The only thing that struck me is they were out of paper plates.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a can rack system in my home for food rotation. The same brand can, same vegetable, more expensive, now smaller. It doesn't fill the space and falls down the rack.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top