BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 87
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By speedracer422:
So obviously this beef price stuff isn't everywhere...it's still sub $10 lb for anything but prime in my area. 89/11 ground beef at Costco is $3.19/lb. Ribeyes are 9.99.

It sounds like more of a distribution issue than a supply shortage or panic. Though I agree in stocking up always

Speed
View Quote

Could be a supply issue. But I know  grains are up as well as I use them to make whiskey.

I also worry when I read the other thread in the last week or two about him harvesting grain and the yields being way down.

Believe me I don't want any issues. I just want to live my life. Hell, I am leaving the country in a month. I am not the type to panic and in fact I am not panicked. Bit I bought food city brand bacon for the first time ever tonight because I just couldn't stomach $12 a pound bacon. It does worry me though that the folks responding in this thread about shortages seem to be from all over.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By akgunwinner:

500lb of salt?!

View Quote

I buy 400 pounds a go for the water softener, that or OP really likes french fries.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about price increases. I'm just seeing more bare shelves thanks to Pooping Pedo Biden.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I just wonder how long, if ever, until the vast herds of Americans realize what's going on, and who's to blame for it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By heavymetal762:
It seems there are two kinds of people in this thread.....

1)   people who live in urban and suburban areas who are noticing much higher food prices

2)   people who live in smaller cities/ towns and more rural areas who aren't seeing much of a difference, mostly because of the way in which they can buy food (cows, half-cows, whole hogs, etc.)

Instead of bragging and insulting the people having to pay more for food (and generally being assholes), people not CURRENTLY seeing price hikes and limited supply should be paying attention to what is probably coming down the road in the next 3-6 months.

Might also be nice if a team thread was created to list farmers who would sell cows and hogs, as well as local butchers. Since that has been put out as a solution by so many, why not help your fellow ARFCOMmers with a bit of knowledge?
View Quote

Just for reference I am very rural.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]

1)   people who live in urban and suburban areas who are noticing much higher food prices

2)   people who live in smaller cities/ towns and more rural areas who aren't seeing much of a difference, mostly because of the way in which they can buy food (cows, half-cows, whole hogs, etc.)

Instead of bragging and insulting the people having to pay more for food (and generally being assholes), people not CURRENTLY seeing price hikes and limited supply should be paying attention to what is probably coming down the road in the next 3-6 months.

Might also be nice if a team thread was created to list farmers who would sell cows and hogs, as well as local butchers. Since that has been put out as a solution by so many, why not help your fellow ARFCOMmers with a bit of knowledge?
View Quote

Be a decent or at least thinking person when you could be a jackass? GTFO with that fag shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Here’s my take as a farmer on the subject.

We are not getting more money for our cattle.  Meat packaging plants are making record profits.  So the meat plants and distributors are causing 99% of the price increases.

Fertilizer costs have skyrocketed. Next year fertilizer costs are going to be 40-50% more than this last year.  Corn and soybeans will cost more to grow.

Number of cattle in the country is decreasing thanks to the drought in the west. Next year it’s predicted that our overall numbers will continue to decrease. This hopefully means farmers will get paid more per head and unfortunately the consumer will pay more.

We are exporting a ridiculous amount of our grain.  Look up and see how much the Chinese have imported this year compared to last year. You’ll be shocked.  Here in my region there is a corn shortage.  I sold corn this week for $1.10 a bushel more than what it’s trading at in Chicago that’s insane.

We get calls daily asking if we have any finished steers to sell to local people.  The butcher shops near us are booked out 18 months!  

Next year there will be shortages. Prices will go up a lot more.  

If you can start growing and raising your own food. If you can’t buy from a local farmer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Pay attention to pharmaceuticals too. Had to get an antibiotic prescription filled for the wife. Three different pharmacies none in stock.
Was told it was on a long term back order, in other words they don't have any idea when they will have it.  I found one with it in stock but a lower
dosage and had to get doc to write a new prescription for it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tsg68:
They hide cost increases with changing portion sizes too
View Quote

Shrinkflation
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Hot dogs are $.16 cheaper this year
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

Laugh all you want. It will cost me about $90 and be worth more than crypto in the near future I am afraid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

500lb of salt?!

Laugh all you want. It will cost me about $90 and be worth more than crypto in the near future I am afraid.

I have no idea where some of you people come up with these ideas.
Oh and...
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#12]
In.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:36:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#13]
Originally Posted By Bass_Assassin:

I have no idea where some of you people come up with these ideas.
Oh and...
View Quote

Believe me when I say you are in no way shaming or embarrassing me. Make fun of me all you want.

Crypto just like everything else non-tangible exists at the governments whim. Or do you honestly believe otherwise? I am not saying it has no value currently but I would suggest that you be cognizant that when the government decides it wants it to end, it will.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:36:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#14]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:

Just bought some ribeyes for $6.99/lb.

Got chuckeye steak and roast for <$5/lb over the weekend.

Picked up 8 pounds of 80/20 ground beef for $1.40/lb.

I pretty regularly get bacon for $1-2.50/lb.  Still have 20+ lbs in the freezer from a month or 2 ago.

Bought several pork shoulder butts for $0.75/lb a couple weeks ago.

I have gotten more and better deals on food this year than I ever have in the past.  It seems like the supply issues are causing some stores to get an overabundance of some items that they just don't have the demand for, so they have to drop the price to move it all before it goes bad.

I do have a lot of stores in my area and try to stop in pretty regularly at some.  For others, I try to watch some of the deal message boards and such to get heads up on deals and jump on them when they pop up.  If I just went to one store at one time each week and bought everything at once, I wouldn't expect to see much savings.  I've learned that sometimes you have to exert a little effort to achieve savings.

View Quote

The prices that you posted is reflective of what I can find in S. Florida. And, I'm not going out of my way to find them.

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I live remotely, have a 1.5hr drive round-trip to go grocery shopping, and only go about once a month. This week was the first time in 10+ years that I had to go to three different large grocery stores instead of one and I still had a couple items on my shopping list that I couldn't find anywhere. Never happened before and I notice how especially meat and vegetables/fruits have been getting more and more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 11:53:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aireyc] [#17]
Everyone! Don't panic!

No need to panic buy as items run out of stock in Triangle-area grocery stores, experts say
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By aireyc:
Everyone! Don't panic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMxr3DvYl0w
View Quote

I plan on eating news people to survive.  They are soft and tender.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 12:52:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jake23l] [#19]
I do quite a bit of our families grocery shopping.  Prices here have been steadily increasing but nothing crazy.  Good sales on meat are getting really hard to find.  But at least shelves are all well stocked and have been for a while now.  I'm in the outskirts of KC.

Scored a few of these at price chopper last month to set back.

Shop deals, buy cheap and stack deep.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
What I find interesting is I live in a rural part of America surrounded by beef cows, yet our per pound  beef prices in the grocery stores have gone up astronomically in the past year, yet my relatives who live in Los Angeles haven't seen grocery prices go up much at all.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 1srelluc:
In before someone claims they bought USDA Prime ribeyes for $4.87 a pound.
View Quote
$2.99 lb
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#22]

Going to pick up my side of beef tomorrow. I think I am going to look for a hog next but there aren't nearly as many hog farmers here.
View Quote
DO NOT buy a half a hog. You pay the hanging weight and there is more waste than with beef. But the primal cut, and the belly for bacon.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Yet not coverage on the news...still let's focus on covid!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By WesJanson:
I just wonder how long, if ever, until the vast herds of Americans realize what's going on, and who's to blame for it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#25]
My kids love the Kroger brand Oat Squares cereal. I would buy 4 boxes every trip, and it's been $1.49/box for at least the last 5 years. Last week, I got some, but it's $1.99 now and the box is 2 oz smaller.  That's a 34% price increase, not factoring in the size reduction.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Went shopping the other day and man prices have gone up, it was very noticeable. Hell, Dr Pepper was about $7 per 12 pack now and no specials at all
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:54:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal_means_bad] [#27]
Nothing to see here, go back to sleep

RARE FARE: Food shortages impacting school meals
A food order for Mt. Vernon High School last week included 54 different items, nearly half of which were out of stock.Similar situations have been unfolding at schools across the county as they experience the effects of food shortages, from provisions including lettuce and meat to materials like the plastics that make up beverage bottles. As the industries of food production and distribution continue starving for workers, school officials are adapting to the resulting supply chain slowdowns by modifying menus as best they can.
Amanda Stout, director of food services for Greenfield-Central schools, said fresh romaine lettuce is one of the items the district is struggling to acquire.
"What we're being told is that there's not even enough farmhands on the farms to help pick the product," she said.
The school corporation is also feeling the effects of a chicken shortage. Stout said chicken was doing well at the beginning of the academic year in Indiana, where schools typically start sooner than much of the rest of the Midwest. That changed, however, as more schools opened elsewhere.
"The supply is just not there to meet the demand," Stout said.
She said when anticipated foods can't be acquired, menus have to be modified, sometimes on the same day as the meals.
Stout added that a plastic bottle shortage is resulting in less sports drinks and soda as well.
A lack of labor throughout the various facets of food production and distribution can lead to the kinds of shortages schools are experiencing, she said.
"If a piece of equipment in the manufacturing process happens to break down, and they can't source the technician to fix the machine or parts, then production is put at a halt or minimum output at that point," she added.
The food shortages started during the 2020-21 school year and have worsened ever since.
"We were struggling a little bit last year, but by no means was it this difficult," Stout said. "Thankfully, we have good partnerships with our vendors, and they let us know ahead of time when products are delayed or halted."

Holt Public Schools limits lunch options due to nationwide food shortage
"In a typical order that may have, let's say, 100 cases, we're now seeing were up to 40 or 50 cases are not coming on the trucks now," he said.
The shortage isn't limited to food. Cutlery and trays are being added to the list. Robertson tells me the school is working on finding a new supplier and adapting the menu.
"Instead of serving a hot steamed vegetable, we're trying to move more towards a raw veggie. So like a celery stick that you just need a hand for," Robertson said.

West Michigan schools face food supply shortage, impacting lunches
Battle Creek Public Schools in Calhoun County and Mattawan Consolidated Schools in Van Buren and Kalamazoo County both announced that a food distribution shortage is causing difficulties for food service teams and impacting school breakfast and lunch.... All households eligible for SNAP receive an increase of at least $95 monthly, even if they are already receiving the maximum payment or are close to that amount.
Northwest Ohio schools making quick adjustments to lunch in the face of food shortages caused by COVID-19
Three northwest Ohio school districts reported food shortages Wednesday,  with leaders stuck making quick changes to their lunch menus.
Sylvania Schools, Tiffin City Schools and Woodmore Local Schools have had to make adjustments as certain food items just aren't available.
However, these three districts aren't alone; school leaders said other districts in the region and across the country are facing similar problems.
"Overall, it's probably the hardest in 31 years in food service that I've ever seen being able to get supplies and food," Sylvania Schools Director of Child Nutrition Ray Holston said.

Green County schools dealing with food shortage
But feeding school-aged children is getting harder in Green Country.
Pearson said, "The manufacturers are choosing to pull the lines that are maybe not making as much money and continue processing those that are."
Meaning the majority of product is being sent to restaurants and grocery stores before making its way into the school system.
"We're struggling getting products in that meet requirements because we are mandated by USDA," Pearson said.
Now Pearson said her staff is having to come up with different ways to feed children while staying within regulations.
Pearson said her staff has even baked bread from scratch, to make sure it was a menu item.
The problem is not limited to Sand Springs schools.
"It's not only just the district, it's nationwide," Pearson said.
Tulsa Public Schools said they are "seeing shortages of food and paper goods."

Food shortages, supply chain delays put strain on school menus
At the St. Paul Public Schools district services center, staff members are tasting and learning to make some of the new student food options this school year.
In St. Paul, many meals offer chicken as a source of protein, but chicken is in short supply right now, along with many other menu necessities.
"We're talking about staple ingredients: flour, wheat, soy, beans, corn," Nutrition Services Director Stacy Koppen said.
"There are more shortages than there are guarantees," she added.
Koppen said food orders normally placed four weeks in advance are going out eight or 12 weeks early with the hope of securing volume, but there are no guarantees.  
Normally the district orders and uses 300 cases of egg patties a month for breakfasts, but yesterday, Koppen says, they only got 38 cases in their delivery.
"Yesterday we had six trucks scheduled for delivery here and only one showed up, so we are working to reschedule things like that," she added.
This district is not alone. Koppen says every district is dealing with shortages and delays on some level.

Gulf Shores city schools impacted by pandemic fueled national food shortage
COVID-19's impact on the national supply chain is affecting food availability for schools on the Alabama Gulf Coast.
The Gulf Shores City School System has been dealing with food shortages since the pandemic began in 2020, but officials said it's gotten much worse, often leaving child nutritionists scrambling to find replacement lunch items.
Tanya Hill, Child Nutrition Coordinator for Gulf Shores City Schools, said the food shortage has forced them to reach out to multiple vendors, shop local grocery stores, and even cook meals themselves.
"We've learned how to adapt on the fly, and just move one day at a time. We can't plan weeks at a time anymore," said Hill, "Chicken is hard to get. Chicken tenders aren't coming this week, French toast is not coming, and tater tots are not coming."
Hill said those items are just a few of the foods being impacted by the pandemic fueled national supply shortage.
"Usually, all the shelves are full. We typically have canned goods stacked up pretty high to the ceiling," Hill added.
Hill said instead of relying on one vendor, she now shops between 4, and must have orders in 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time.
According to Hill, she doesn't know what's available until the day before they arrive.
"Our truck arrives on Wednesday. So, Tuesday morning I get an email that says these are the things that are not coming for each one of our schools. I have to sit down, and within a 3-hour span, find out how to fix those shortages," said Hill.
Hill said that means either finding last minute substitutions, shopping local grocery stores - which are also dealing with supply problems - or preparing food themselves.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By godzillamax:
What I find interesting is I live in a rural part of America surrounded by beef cows, yet our per pound  beef prices in the grocery stores have gone up astronomically in the past year, yet my relatives who live in Los Angeles haven't seen grocery prices go up much at all.
View Quote

A large part of it is also going to be where you are along the logistics paths. If you are close enough to a hub, you won't see problems very often.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Believe me when I say you are in no way shaming or embarrassing me. Make fun of me all you want.

Crypto just like everything else non-tangible exists at the governments whim. Or do you honestly believe otherwise? I am not saying it has no value currently but I would suggest that you be cognizant that when the government decides it wants it to end, it will.
View Quote

Crypto has a few things going for it’s survival
One is that btc is alternative currency for the dark web.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By J_Von_Random:

Be a decent or at least thinking person when you could be a jackass? GTFO with that fag shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By J_Von_Random:

This is the GD (and world) way.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Saw this thread and had food prices come up in conversations with 2 of my friends so I did a drive by through the grocery store last night. I can still get all cuts of pork, chicken, and beef that are normally available. There was also some lamb chops. Tomahawk ribeyes, Porterhouse steaks, packer brisket, all available but like OP said, beef is expensive. There were bone in chicken breast for $.99 a pound and whole pork shoulder was going for $1.38 per pound. This is 20 miles south of KC.

Was in a grocery store in Denver 2 weeks ago and the lunch meat, bread, and soda isles were cleaned out. United Soopers on Tower Rd. Also, new parts of Denver around Tower Rd look kinda like the hood.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:09:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#32]
If you haven't already learned what stores have sales on certain things and different price points for different foods, you had better start learning. If it isn't on sale, I don't buy anything outside of things like milk which I can get for $3 a gallon every day if it's not on sale. [never buy wally world milk, it will go bad twice as fast as other places]

Ribeyes were $6.79 lb this week so didn't buy any, they will go on sale again and I have 30-40 lbs already. Burger WAS on sale for $2.99 lb so I bought 15 lbs of it and packaged it in 1 lb freezer bags. Applewood smoked bacon was $3.99 for 24 oz thick sliced, not too bad for right now. I bought another couple of packages and stashed them. Chunky soup [I just toss in some frozen vegges into it for a quick meal] was $1.25 a can, just about 50% off. I'd rather make my own stew but it's pretty expensive to make and I freeze a lot when I make it and I don't have the room in the deep freeze right now anyways. FWIW, canned soup can be a pretty decent SHTF addition because you can toss a handful of rice and extra water into it and made a pretty easy to heat reasonably nutritious meal with the addition of the rice that is pretty tasty and far cheaper then freeze dried foods.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:15:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Alpharomeojoe:

Crypto has a few things going for it’s survival
One is that btc is alternative currency for the dark web.
View Quote

I agree it has some things going for it. I have made money off of it.

We have to live in two worlds right now if we are smart. The things you can hold and have value like food, tools, and especially land. Then there are the things that seemingly run our societies that are based on jack shit and are simply there because we have no idea what to do otherwise.

And believe me when I say I think the dollar is just as much smoke and mirrors. But when I go on vacation next month that is what I will be using. A piece of paper the government can and does print whenever it feels like it.

Honestly I am starting to have moments where I think about the odds of me living in this moment, watching it happen in real time. It’s almost surreal.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:35:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Looking at it through my narrow perspective of a machine shop.  Our 3 biggest customers build packaging/labeling machines for food, pharmaceuticals, and ammunition amongst others.  But those three are their main areas.
We are dead in the water all of the sudden.  Had a big surge at the beginning of August but then hardly anything since.

Don't know if that means anything but we've been fairly busy throughout all of this with some minor ups and downs but nothing like this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
this is the reason i bought a freeze dryer years ago
View Quote
Name some things that DON'T freeze dry well. I am thinking of getting one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#36]

500lb of salt?!

View Quote

I use at least 100 lbs of salt a year on my handicrap ramp
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Goose IPA is up 1 dollar per 15 pack around here.
Boneless chicken titty is still 1.99 a pound most of the time. Pork is still normal unless it's bacon.
Beef has gone full fucking retard though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

Then you're stuck eating venison instead of beef all year though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
Kill deer.  Im gng to put 4-5 in the freezer this year.

99% of my meat intake is venison.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#39]
We have raised cattle my whole life. We have about 400 pairs and I'll tell you that the cattle prices aren't as high as they were in 2015 but they are trending back up. But the ranchers aren't making that money.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:54:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve been noticing prices ticking up. Still having some shortages as well.

Earlier this year it was mentioned coffee will climb in price due to a big freeze in the Southern Hemisphere. It’s now showing up as I am restocking again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:

Mass deportations of illegal immigrants would be a good start 🧐
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:
This is a very serious problem, and I want to thank OP for bringing it to our attention.

What’s the solution?

Mass deportations of illegal immigrants would be a good start 🧐

This.

How much housing, benefits, and food do 50 million illegals suck up each year ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Never been a better time to go vegan.

In other news, price of elk meat remains stable.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By tetoncounty:
Never been a better time to go vegan.

In other news, price of elk meat remains stable.
View Quote

Shit, that is the most expensive meat!
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#44]
I’m definately focusing more on food right now, I’m basically living in a combination mini Walmart / armory.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#45]
For the first time in my adult life, the price of boneless chicken breasts at Walmart increased from 1.99 to 2.10.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

I haven't eaten beef to any extent for nearly thirty years. It's venison only. In fact, will have venison steak today for lunch.

That said, I probably only eat red meat once or twice a week at most; usually it's an ingredient, not the entree.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

That's how I was brought up, we ate venison pretty much exclusively all year long, hunting season was a big deal, we processed a shit load of deer, one year we did 300 lbs of burger.

Once I was out of the house and could buy my own food, I discovered what I had been missing out on.

Venison is good and all, but nice fatty beef can't be beat for flavor.

I don't think I've shot a deer in 5 or more years.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
DO NOT buy a half a hog. You pay the hanging weight and there is more waste than with beef. But the primal cut, and the belly for bacon.
View Quote

This false. There is much less waste on a hog than there is on a steer.  I have 12 pigs going to the butcher next Tuesday and 4 steers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By KeithU:
Looking at it through my narrow perspective of a machine shop.  Our 3 biggest customers build packaging/labeling machines for food, pharmaceuticals, and ammunition amongst others.  But those three are their main areas.
We are dead in the water all of the sudden.  Had a big surge at the beginning of August but then hardly anything since.

Don't know if that means anything but we've been fairly busy throughout all of this with some minor ups and downs but nothing like this.
View Quote

China supplies virtually ALL the precursors for most major pharmaceuticals
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Sometimes I get Choice Angus ribeyes from WalMart, not sure of the timelines though.. All these changes in maybe 6 months ?

$8.97 a lb for the longest time.

$12.97 maybe 3 months ago.

$22.97 about a month ago.

Costco still has same prices as of last week.

$13.99 a lb for sliced ribeye or roast.

$19.99 for Costco's version of "Prime" grade ribeye.

I think the only reason WalMart is so expensive a sizable portion of their customers are using taxpayer dollars and pay no attention to price. I think WalMart has to be right up there in terms of buying power with Costco.
Page / 87
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top