Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you don't have a system and tools in place to make rotation easy, simple and nearly automatic it becomes a dreaded chore that eventually doesn't get done and you start wasting food to expiration.

Tilted shelves is one way. Feed in the back, take from the front. Standard shelves work too, but you have to shove in from the back toward the front. Need access to both sides of the shelves, obviously. The storebought serpentine can dispensers are nice but not cost effective.

We're still working on how to rotate through the freezer. We basically try to use from one end and when that's getting low, we shove everything down to that space and fill in the back when we get deals on meats.
View Quote

A can roller/shelf rack has been an idea on the back of my mind for awhile now.   Load from the top, cans fall down and roll to the front.   First in, first used.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:03:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wouldn’t rely on frozen food. Electricity can fail and than you have nothing.
View Quote

Depends on what you're freezing.

Two weeks after the power fails, a packet of corn meal mix that has been frozen for 10 years is still going to be indistinguishable from a packet that was purchased last month.

Basically, freezing most items indefinitely postpones their expiration dates. The clock doesn't start ticking on their spoilage until after they are thawed out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don’t know how good this is but it’s on clearance.

https://i.imgur.com/nClX5v3.png
View Quote

Wise/Readywise is shit.  Made with TVP.  Textured vegetable protein.  No meat in them.  Tastes like shit. Their stated calorie count is way off.  They had a huge class action lawsuit against them.  Wise rolled over and turned over all of their customer info to the feds.  Not a company I would ever do business with.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Wise/Readywise is shit.  Made with TVP.  Textured vegetable protein.  No meat in them.  Tastes like shit. Their stated calorie count is way off.  They had a huge class action lawsuit against them.  Wise rolled over and turned over all of their customer info to the feds.  Not a company I would ever do business with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t know how good this is but it’s on clearance.

https://i.imgur.com/nClX5v3.png

Yup. Wasting money on Wise is unWise (which is what anyone with a clue calls that garbage company).
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We're working on that part. Right now I just tell her not to put certain foods away herself, I'll do it. Looking at buying a rack for cans like the stores have, contemplating just building one myself.

We have a long way to go to get to where I want to be (our house is small as is the power panel, built in 1958), but we do with what we have and sometimes we have to get creative with space.
View Quote

I built these can rotators. They fit behind the pantry door
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Beans and oats is indeed a popular dish.

I think it’s good to store a variety of beans, rice, and grains.

But particularly I like how versatile beans and rice are. Soups, salads, together or separate. You can make bean patties, soups, or dare I say…chili. Rice can be eaten as a dish or in soups, tacos, even deserts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would go with oat groats or rolled oats instead of rice.  Bit more calories and nutrition in them.

Instead of beans you might want to look at lentils as they are easier to cook and you don't have to soak them.

Azurestandard is good for grains along with honeyville.

The best place I've found for lentils is surprisingly Walmart, but you might be able to find them at a local Indian market if you have one nearby.

Beans and oats is indeed a popular dish.

I think it’s good to store a variety of beans, rice, and grains.

But particularly I like how versatile beans and rice are. Soups, salads, together or separate. You can make bean patties, soups, or dare I say…chili. Rice can be eaten as a dish or in soups, tacos, even deserts.

Variety is the ticket.

Don't forget grits. They are made from hominy and can be further ground into masa for tortillas.

Oats have been used to stretch meat for centuries.

Beans DO get old to the point of not cooking well. Here, again, use and rotation are part of the deal. Get different kinds.

Get out of the mindset of "storage food" and into the mindset of "food reserve". This amount can be up to the amount you would use within the expiration dates of the given food. i.e. If canned beef is good for a year, you could have up to one year's supply. Use one, replace one.

Another aspect is to learn to cook with different techniques. As in places where fuel is rare, use presoak and insulated cooking. When you have ability, you can use colonial America techniques of having a stew on simmer, all day, so refrigeration of leftovers isn't necessary.

Obviously this subject is deep and wide. So many facets apply only to small segments of the population. One can go so far down the path of self reliance that you have a subsistence farm and no time to live because of all the chores.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 8:50:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/B977E6A9-4644-48D0-B37C-7364C3FD53F5_jpe-2035549.JPG
View Quote

That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/B977E6A9-4644-48D0-B37C-7364C3FD53F5_jpe-2035549.JPG
View Quote

Me likey!

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Me likey!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me likey!

Nice, practicing FIFO,,   FEFO (first expire first out) is another approach
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty cool.

Yep.

There are a bunch of good ideas for this sort of thing on Google images.

My first go around. Going to expand on this concept when I get time. Pushing them forward on thr top is more space efficient but less convenient than the slanted shelves. This was experimental.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This.

OP, you can go buy what you need right off of the shelf in Utah.

Just add more fats/oils to your stored food.
Everyone overlooks just how much oil/butter/shortening they will need for hundreds of lbs of starches.

Speed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Living in Utah you have the best resources in the country. Every Walmart, Reams, etc., have a freeze dried food section already stored in #10 cans. Wheat, beans, rice, and more can be bought at LDS distribution centers.
This.

OP, you can go buy what you need right off of the shelf in Utah.

Just add more fats/oils to your stored food.
Everyone overlooks just how much oil/butter/shortening they will need for hundreds of lbs of starches.

Speed

Yes, the calories through oils and butter, and flavor add items, are key to those rice bags getting much more value.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A(nother) freezer, filled to the brim with vacuum-packed meat.
View Quote
Excellent choice. Nothing like decades old freezer burned meat.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:59:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So...carbs, carbs and more carbs?
View Quote

At the point you're opening cans to provide the calories to survive on....I doubt most people are going to be tracking macros.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don’t waste your money.

This country will never have a food shortage.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Buy 42 food grade buckets and lids, a bunch of mylar bags and oxygen absorbers, and then then fill 35 with white rice and 7 with beans of your choice.
View Quote

Put a length of decent rope to hang yourself with in one of the barrels. You're gonna need it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
100 cans of spam.
View Quote

Now we’re talking...
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#18]
"Set it and forget it" (props to Ron) food storage = freeze dried.

TVP = soy protein. Up side is you'll grow a decent rack. Stay away from anything that lists soy in the in label.

Mountain House and Honeyville are gtg. LDS used to have a mail order for dried staples in #10 cans, beans, rice, oatmeal, milk etc.

Sample before stocking.

eta- https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/usa/en/food-storage-3074457345616678849-1?catalogId=3074457345616676768&langId=-1&storeId=10151&krypto=QZVwftAYEpTsg5QLyv8HKYfVp5CeKCBvs42qvTfawDUWVvFHfKmRICvvYLODfTupltx8wK9lMKZ81KjEQ4eOzU%2BiVQ%2FZQ3L83vNf4cDpdphrnSDzJ%2BcI5FyW%2FIteHgfuLp4XGL4QMr7qxdpu948AZvbypJ2srHfZyr6uysC%2FZO5OUKz8dqEqQnuD%2BlYi6av0b2QoRsVr9TXETwYmOGmFHQ%3D%3D&ddkey=https%3ASetCurrencyPreference
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd like to recommend buckwheat as an alternative, or supplement to bean/rice storage. You can buy it canned, or store long term with the methods mentioned already.

More nutrition than white rice, and also contains your amino acids. It's also nice to just have options. I keep buckwheat, and barley both on hand.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:27:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would take 10 years to eat the contents of a freezer?

Ours rotates through about twice a year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Kind of wondering what to get to go with rice and beans.

Canned vegetables?

What about fruit? How do you store that long term?
View Quote

Concerning rice, go with parboiled. It has a slightly better nutrition factor, and doesn’t boil down to a sticky mush like long grain rice. Canned chicken, salmon and beef. Canned chicken can be most any brand sold in the local grocery store, but stay away from canned chicken and dumplings as it usually has more starchy dumplings and very little chicken. Canned beef, the best brand is Keystone for quality. Just a few cans of Spam, more for seasoning and variety, not as the main protein source

For canned vegetables look for low or no sodium added, as the canned meat will have more than enough salt content. Peas, carrots, pre-seasoned diced tomatoes.

Another thought: rice cooks in about 20 to 25 minutes. Dried beans, after soaking overnight, still take two or three hours of simmering to become tender. Pre-made rice and bean kits like Zatarain’s only take 25 minutes or so, and are pre-seasoned. And is often on BOGO sale at local store. Store them in sealed buckets. Add an extra half cup of rice at the beginning and it stretches the meal and reduces salt per serving.

Kraft Mac and cheese kits that have the creamy sauce packs only need water to boil the noodles, so milk and butter are not needed, also a regular BOGO store item. And Bear Creek soup mixes. Great to add drained canned chicken and low sodium canned vegetables to.

A gas grill with a side burner for cooking, or a small stand alone propane burner that will take both 1# and 20# tanks. Propane is easier to obtain than Coleman type white gas, and the burner systems are simpler.

Chlorine and iodine tablets to treat any questionable water supply. I keep a jug swimming pool chlorine as it has a known chemical provenance compared laundry bleach, which may have additives not compatible with human consumption.

A stock of multivitamins, paper plates and plastic utensils

And rotate stock. MREs have a finite shelf life and not good for long term healthy reliance after eating them continuously for over a week. The 20 year plus storage food was more of a government civil defense requirement, and stocking for the ‘last ditch option’ for the masses.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#22]
For rotating canned goods I like Shelf reliance .  They are more space efficient than most store bought rotators and can be combined length wise and stack on top. I cut a couple to make a perfect fit in the bottom of our pantry.  I now don't have to worry about rotation at all for anything in the pantry
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And vacuum-packed stuff doesn't freezer burn.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don’t waste your money.

View Quote

As long as you submit to the "authorities" and get all your shots, like a good boy. Don't forget to rat out your neighbors for hoarding that extra bag of potato chips to be eligible for the bonus round- an extra loaf of bread!
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As long as you submit to the "authorities" and get all your shots, like a good boy. Don't forget to rat out your neighbors for hoarding that extra bag of potato chips to be eligible for the bonus round- an extra loaf of bread!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don’t waste your money.

He coulda meant, "There will always be long pork".

So, technically, we will never have a food shortage, depending on what you're willing to call "food".

As an aside, my grandpa used to talk about the depression. They lived on a subsistence farm in Eastern KY. He was 14 when it hit. He said, "We didn't really know what the depression was about other than some things were harder to come by and we just relied more on what we could do at the home stead. We never went hungry. Supper was corn meal mush sometimes, but we never went hungry".

So, anybody turning their nose up at rice and beans, now, may be in for a rude awakening at some point in the future. Many places in the world, rice AND beans would be considered good rations.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#26]
You don't need to get everything that's good for 25 year storage.  The way things are going, you will need it sooner rather than later.  Actually, the way things are going, you could probably buy fresh vegetables.

Buy more canned goods (meat, fruit, vegetables), rice, pasta, powdered milk, cooking oils, etc. that you would normally enjoy eating. Fill your freezer, but don't count on continuous electricity.  Don't overlook spices, snacks, and other things that make eating more enjoyable.

ETA: Don't forget about water
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Whatever you do, make sure you protect it from both insects and rodents.

We learned the hard way that moths and mice can get into sealed plastic packaging.

A freezer and some large military aluminum containers are what we used to solve that problem.

(The freezer is for things like brown rice, which is more nutritious than white rice, but doesn't store well. So we keep a couple buckets of it in a freezer. The clock doesn't start until you take it out.)

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL. A NON issue hiccup nearly brought the country to its knees last summer.

Imagine what happens when the issue is not largely fabricated.

OP, here is what works for us and style of management for this area that I've come to after trying other means.

Layers.

You want every day food to be the "Eat what you store and store what you eat" as much as is healthy,  convenient and possible. This larder allows buying on sale, only. It produces no shock to the system by "switching to my survival stash" when grocery becomes unavailable because you're already using it.

Also included in everyday food would be fresh meat and veg, preferably at least some from garden, fishing, hunting if feasible.

To augment  every day food is longer term foods that mimic every day food that can be regularly incorporated. Dehydrated veggies, canned meats, etc.

A given amount of grab and go/ immediate disaster meals. MRE/ freeze dried.

A deep stash of affordable staples. Wheat berries, rice, beans, sugar, salt, yeast, oats, corn, etc. These should also be used regularly not for rotation purposes but to be accustom to eating and preparing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don’t waste your money.

LOL. A NON issue hiccup nearly brought the country to its knees last summer.

Imagine what happens when the issue is not largely fabricated.

OP, here is what works for us and style of management for this area that I've come to after trying other means.

Layers.

You want every day food to be the "Eat what you store and store what you eat" as much as is healthy,  convenient and possible. This larder allows buying on sale, only. It produces no shock to the system by "switching to my survival stash" when grocery becomes unavailable because you're already using it.

Also included in everyday food would be fresh meat and veg, preferably at least some from garden, fishing, hunting if feasible.

To augment  every day food is longer term foods that mimic every day food that can be regularly incorporated. Dehydrated veggies, canned meats, etc.

A given amount of grab and go/ immediate disaster meals. MRE/ freeze dried.

A deep stash of affordable staples. Wheat berries, rice, beans, sugar, salt, yeast, oats, corn, etc. These should also be used regularly not for rotation purposes but to be accustom to eating and preparing.

+1
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#29]
One thing to add for the food preps.

You need to figure out how to cook it all also and have a backup method and a backup to the backup method .

For mine, it would be the below and they aren't in order as circumstances may change on a daily/hourly basis.

1:  Grid power
2:  Solar oven
3:  Solar generator with solar panels
4:  Propane
5:  Wood with a rocket stove
6:  Thermos cooking
7:  Eat a lot of cold stuff which will suck

Then you need to think about water, medical, entertainment, tools, etc.

The survival forums have a lot of information (https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Some stuff you can store forever, like salt.

Some stuff needs to be rotated, like canned goods, so buy what you use when it's on sale, and use what you buy.

Some stuff is good for decades, like properly-packaged rice, beans and wheat. We don't use them very often, I think of them as an insurance policy. We did dip into the rice - and passed some out to neighbors - when it became unavailable in stores at the beginning of the 'rona pandemic.

Freeze-dried stuff like Mountain House lasts for decades. Try a few samples, find what you like, and stock up on the big cans when it goes on sale.

Keep a couple laying hens or ducks for every member of the family - they turn your kitchen scraps and bugs into breakfast. You can also "rotate" your stored bulk grains by feeding it to them every decade or two.

Learn to forage and process wild foods. It's healthy fun for the whole family, and storage is only a temporary solution.

Figure out now where you can find and how you can transport potable water when the lights go out.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
One thing to add for the food preps.

You need to figure out how to cook it all also and have a backup method and a backup to the backup method .

For mine, it would be the below and they aren't in order as circumstances may change on a daily/hourly basis.

1:  Grid power
2:  Solar oven
3:  Solar generator with solar panels
4:  Propane
5:  Wood with a rocket stove
6:  Thermos cooking
7:  Eat a lot of cold stuff which will suck

Then you need to think about water, medical, entertainment, tools, etc.

The survival forums have a lot of information (https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/
View Quote

This is one area where we may be able to learn something from Africa's desperation. Some pretty neat innovation is being developed for those people.

180pg pdf of clean and low/no fuel cooking methods.

https://documents1.worldbank.org/curated/en/164241468178757464/pdf/98664-REVISED-WP-P146621-PUBLIC-Box393185B.pdf
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Dry cat food is the best… pound for pound, it is nutritious and delicious.  I like meow mix but Purina is pretty good.  Repack and vacuum seal.  Ssshhhh. It’s the best kept secret out there.

Cats like it too… and in a pinch, roasted cat is deerishruss
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Here is a good video on DIY .

Survival Food Storage: How to store food long term for emergencies with A American Tactical Rifleman
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjPGBXenK4
View Quote

That's a pretty good video

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Lots of great posts so far...

I'd like to add, Dollar stores, 99 cent stores have some good items:

Spices, salt, sea salt, toiletries, cleaning supplies, paper towels...

Canned tuna, canned chicken, foil packaged tuna, packages of tuna or chicken spread with crackers...

Bags of nuts, seeds, trail mix, instant coffee, instant sports drink mix...

All kinds of good stuff, stores vary.

Check it out, you won't be sorry, and the bill is gonna be really friendly.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lots of great posts so far...

I'd like to add, Dollar stores, 99 cent stores have some good items:

Spices, salt, sea salt, toiletries, cleaning supplies, paper towels...

Canned tuna, canned chicken, foil packaged tuna, packages of tuna or chicken spread with crackers...

Bags of nuts, seeds, trail mix, instant coffee, instant sports drink mix...

All kinds of good stuff, stores vary.

Check it out, you won't be sorry, and the bill is gonna be really friendly.

View Quote

+1

Just found Starkist Thai Green Curry Tuna 4.5 oz pouches. Has rice and veg in there. 1 dollar. They're 28 bucks for 12 on amazon. They're delicious. I don't care for the Mexican Fiesta version but some may.

I haven't seen these in Kroger.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Kind of wondering what to get to go with rice and beans.

Canned vegetables?

What about fruit? How do you store that long term?
View Quote
I have stocked up on canned fruit from augason farms and rainy day foods
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah I’ll admit it’s a pain in the ass with chest freezers but I can confidently say nothing ever sits in my freezers for more than 18 months. It’s all vacuum sealed and I’ve never had anything freezer burnt. I have one that is just beef, and one that is chicken and pork. I really want to get into deer hunting this season and get a 3rd for venison, but I’ve honestly never been hunting before so I’m not sure how it’s going to go.

Great thread, lots of good ideas in here. I also have a family of 7 and I’m trying to figure out the delicate balance of having at least 6 months of food on hand, while also doing it with stuff that we will actually eat so it’s not just sitting around going bad. Oh and also do it all on a budget, haha. We’re getting there but definitely not there yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjPGBXenK4
View Quote

Our own @Lowdown03 is a SME on long term food storage.  I don't think he's stepped into this thread yet.

@Lowdown3, @Lowdown - help me out here guys.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I’m thinking 6 months worth for 7 people.  

We already have a decent stash of what we eat…I’m thinking with this stuff have it be the kind you stick in your basement and forget about it until SHTF.

thoughts?

View Quote

I'd do mountain house #10 cans.  Shelf life is measured in 10s of years.  They go on sale occasionally.  Buy big within your budget when they go on sale.  Be sure to check for promo codes too.

Augason farms also does some good miscellaneous stuff, (freeze dried fruits, milk, etc.)  This helps keep some variety in there so you won't go insane.  Keep some multivitamins in reserve and rotate through them as you use them.  Freeze dried has calories, but isn't very good for vitamins.

Add to this a few 50lb bags of rice and beans in food grade buckets with oxygen absorbers.  Use mylar bags and put them into the buckets. They will last a long time if stored properly (be sure to date everything).  

Freeze dried coffee (cheap and always has a place in prepping)

Salt/Pepper/Sugar/Spices

Don't forget 55 gallon barrels of water and reliable heating sources (wood/kerosene/propane).
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
100 cans of spam.
View Quote

Be careful with SPAM.

It does NOT store well long-term.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So...carbs, carbs and more carbs?
View Quote

We’ll….yeah. In a survival situation you’re going to want some energy. Supplement with proteins you can scavenge or hunt/fish for. If you’re stationary laying hens can provide that protein.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

when we got together, my GF kind of rolled her eyes at my food preps.

that lasted until we spent 2 weeks living on them during the february icepocalypse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don’t waste your money.

when we got together, my GF kind of rolled her eyes at my food preps.

that lasted until we spent 2 weeks living on them during the february icepocalypse.

I have found that behind every woman who takes prepping seriously lies an "emergency" in the past.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If the beans and rice will be in sealed mylar with 02 absorbers, why do you need the food grade buckets?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/DFG_jpg-2034813.JPG
View Quote

To protect the mylar.  The mylar's job is to protect your food from oxygen.  The bucket protects the mylar.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Buy one of these if you're OCD like me.

Storage
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Should I stay on Keto during apacolypse?
View Quote

Your neighbors on the plumper side? Just don't eat the brain.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A can roller/shelf rack has been an idea on the back of my mind for awhile now.   Load from the top, cans fall down and roll to the front.   First in, first used.
View Quote

@1Andy2
https://www.thrivelife.com/pantry-can-systems.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:53:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I can tell that those of you recommending living solely off rice, beans, spam, ect, have not ever done a very extensive summer cut.

Food fatigue/eating the same shit day in and day out will result in you not wanting to eat or not eating. 12 weeks of chicken, broccoli, and rice will give you just a little bite of what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can tell that those of you recommending living solely off rice, beans, spam, ect, have not ever done a very extensive summer cut.

Food fatigue/eating the same shit day in and day out will result in you not wanting to eat or not eating. 12 weeks of chicken, broccoli, and rice will give you just a little bite of what I am talking about.
View Quote

That isn't true for everyone.  You just need to train yourself to see food as fuel.

I eat the exact same meal plan day after day, week after week, for the last 2 years and don't have any issues with eating it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#50]

Yeah, something like that.  I was going to just make it out of scraps, tho.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top