Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah man, you tell that woman what to do with her body. Who the hell are they to think they have their own life choices.

She is certainly in a good position to raise a child if she is considering terminating her own pregnancy, in her own body. She will love some guy she doesn't know telling her what to do.

But us men love our personal freedom and accountability. Women, not so much.
View Quote

The anti abortion contingent on the right are nothing more than useful idiots pushing the Cloward Piven plan repackaged for rightwing consumption.

Infamous Tampa mother back in court, facing eviction; demands once again 'somebody needs to pay'

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Isn’t there a word for that? Where you get someone to become complicit in your crimes, and they end up joining your side in order to justify to themselves that they weren’t wrong? The word I’m thinking of is Bloody Shirt, but I don’t think that’s correct.
View Quote

Stockholm Syndrome?  I'm not sure that quite fits either.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't care, op. Emotional appeals and appealing to exceptions are a terrible way to base policy. Abortion is a losing issue for conservatives that will remain a single issue for some voters. Voters who otherwise could be attracted to support smaller government and more American focused policies. Bitching about abortion just gives the left more power and nothing else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The anti abortion contingent on the right are nothing more than useful idiots pushing the Cloward Piven plan repackaged for rightwing consumption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_Gk4uXMo0
View Quote

Arguing that it's economically beneficial to murder people sidesteps the issue of murdering people.  Assuming the argument is correct, economic growth won't matter when nihilism destroys civilization itself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Abortion should be illegal as long as child support is legal.

If you can abort it without his say, then you can support it without his pay.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't care, op. Emotional appeals and appealing to exceptions are a terrible way to base policy. Abortion is a losing issue for conservatives that will remain a single issue for some voters. Voters who otherwise could be attracted to support smaller government and more American focused policies. Bitching about abortion just gives the left more power and nothing else.
View Quote

Not really arguing that issue, I'm talking about whether it is right to murder the most completely innocent person there could ever be because of what might, even probably, happen in the future. Realpolitik be damned.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lowered have mercy!

You don't realize illegals are coming over the border to fill in for all those Americans murdered in the womb.
View Quote

People act like there would still be a million pregnancies if abortion was outlawed.

The reason women are sluts and don't use any pregnancy protection is because there are no consequences.

If they get pregnant, they just kill it. Some women kill multiple babies a year, it's no big deal to them.

If they are not allowed to have an abortion, there are consequences for their actions and one way or another they will be held accountable for their lifestyle choices.

If anything it will make people do more to prevent the pregnancy in the first place, which is much better than killing a living human being.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Abortion should be illegal as long as child support is legal.

If you can abort it without his say, then you can support it without his pay.
View Quote

Absolutely. Which of course is an issue that is secondary to the primary issue of legal murder. I have never seen an argument to the contrary that does not stem from redefining what a person is and then proceeding from that assumption. I have not seen all pro abortion arguments, however, if anyone has one that isn't based on that concept?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not saying let the floodgates of progeny loose, but if a baby is made, God wants that baby to be, and let the chips fall where they may kind of thing. If 99% of them seem like they are are a waste of oxygen from our perspective, so be it. It's that 1% that should be the concern of rational people, because they're the ones that matter.
View Quote

An honest "rational" person can likely see that the negative impact from that 99% will almost certainly outweigh the positive impact from the 1%.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Murder is a legal term, defined as the unjustified killing of a an innocent person illegally. Homicide is the term that does not carry legal or moral implications.

Killing Jews in the third Reich was not murder, because it was not defined as such in the law, nor were Jews defined as persons, so it was as perfectly legal under that system as abortion is here now.

What makes a baby less of a person who should not be murdered than a young man in a coma from an auto accident that he will eventually recover from, so long as he stays hooked up to all the support apparatus that keeps him alive until then? He has no self awareness, his quality  of life sucks currently, he's completely dependent on others, and he isn't contributing anything to society.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#11]
For that matter, how is an unborn baby different than a six month old baby in substance? How long would a six month old healthy baby survive on it's own?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Stop making taxpayers pay for killing unborn children.
Want an abortion = YOU PAY FOR IT!

No .government money should be linked to those clinics  - ever.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For that matter, how is an unborn baby different than a six month old baby in substance? How long would a six month old healthy baby survive on it's own?
View Quote

Be careful. The pro-aborts are already arguing for infanticide. They have created an artificial distinction between humanity and person-hood. They say an infant has humanity but lacks person-hood until it can contribute to society. Of course, their inability to ever contribute to society was why Hitler had retarded people murdered, but apparently pro-lifers are the Nazis.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Even if she didn't, exactly, like the rape&incest pretence, how does that justify the death penalty for the baby?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She made her life choice when she engaged in an act that could lead to pregnancy...

Even if she didn't, exactly, like the rape&incest pretence, how does that justify the death penalty for the baby?
It doesn't at all.  But I'd take the win of ending 99% of abortions and focus on 1% of abortions that are from rape and incest later.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Arguing that it's economically beneficial to murder people sidesteps the issue of murdering people.  Assuming the argument is correct, economic growth won't matter when nihilism destroys civilization itself.
View Quote

I'm not interested in your emotion based evaluation. I am however interested in the real world effects of forcing people to do a bad job raising children they do not want and/or are incapable of caring for. We aren't talking about murder, we are talking about ending unwanted pregnancies. Your need to see the world burn so you can feel pious is why your ilk should never be allowed to hold positions of authority.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It doesn't at all.  But I'd take the win of ending 99% of abortions and focus on 1% of abortions that are from rape and incest later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She made her life choice when she engaged in an act that could lead to pregnancy...

Well reasoned. You are obviously Ravenclaw.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Even if the government funded abortions 100% it would still be way cheaper then paying for all the extra people who would be born into impoverished family’s

That’s like bitching about paying for an oil change to prevent your engine from blowing up
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's not her body completely because there's a whole other body living in it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am adopted, at birth. 1970. Sealed records, although my similarly adopted in 1966 sister apparently hunted up her gamete donors, some years ago. Personally, I never gave a shit about them. Thanks and goodbye, my parents are the ones that were there.

That's not my point. My point is, I could be a rape baby, a nephson, pooped out of some junkie's twat that tricked on the street to score a fix, or just some dumbass teen's lovechild from getting knocked up at the prom in the backseat of a jalopy.
I'm pretty sure, given the circumstances of a mother giving up a baby for adoption, the statisticians would have predicted for that infant, me, a very poor future. Good thing abortion wasn't legal yet, at least for me, huh?
View Quote

Glad you went to a good family.

Abortion is a big departure point for me from most people, to include libertarians (who I generally agree with in principle)

I am unabashedly pro-life and I cannot - in this day and age - understand why women have chosen abortion as their last line in the sand when there are dozens of better options that don’t even include abstinence to prevent a baby.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yeah man, you tell that woman what to do with her body. Who the hell are they to think they have their own life choices.

She is certainly in a good position to raise a child if she is considering terminating her own pregnancy, in her own body. She will love some guy she doesn't know telling her what to do.

View Quote

What a tragic take. Pathetic
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm not interested in your emotion based evaluation. I am however interested in the real world effects of forcing people to do a bad job raising children they do not want and/or are incapable of caring for. We aren't talking about murder, we are talking about ending unwanted pregnancies. Your need to see the world burn so you can feel pious is why your ilk should never be allowed to hold positions of authority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it's weird that it that has gotten exponentially worse about that sort of thing, parents doing a bad job raising children, since the advent of legal abortion, huh? Does that seem at all like a sort of lefty backsplanation for government bullshit at all to you, create a problem offer the solution, and when it gets worse, claim the problem is not doing what didn't work hard enough?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't particularly care if women want to flush their kids. It's really none of my business.

However, as long as a woman has the legal right to roto-root out a kid regardless of what the father wants, then there should be a legal framework in place for men to legally and financially opt out of a pregnancy that they don't want, if both parties are agreeable. Sort of like a dissolution for parenthood.

It's only fair.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

You would gladly kill children to see your worldview enacted (funnily enough it wouldn’t lead to your worldview coming to fruition) and that tells me all I need to know about you
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. In any debate about abortion, they will bring up rape, incest, and genetic deformities. You MUST get them to admit that if they go there, they have to concede that 95+% of abortions are not justifiable under their logic. Then you can continue arguing about the fringe cases from a place of strength.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize anybody was forced to be a bad parent.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Nick, I'm glad to be sharing this rock with you!

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Question: Is legal abortion better than it was before it was legal? Has there been a consequent reduction in problem pregnancies, child abuse, children living in shitty circumstances and poverty? Not if everything was the same as now, but without abortion how would it be, because that's an invalid comparison. We got here with legal abortion, and we didn't get here up until abortion was legal, so what changed? Obviously it wasn't perfect at any time before, but after, did things get better or worse, and is abortion a relevant factor?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nick, I'm glad to be sharing this rock with you!

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would agree to this if we would also agree to stop paying for the born ones too. If we would actually go back to letting the weak and stupid starve, this could all iron itself out very quickly, but every emotional idiot screaming about "they're murdering babies" also throws a fit if you propose getting rid of the "safety nets" outright.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, what is the point?
View Quote

According to the Guttmacher Institute, in 2008, 70% of all pregnancies among black women were "unintended".  57% for hispanic women, and 42% for white women.  In 2004, 73% of women reported their reason for having an abortion was "inconvenience", financial or otherwise.  If we say a million abortions are performed in the US each year (yes the number is now lower than that, and is at its lowest since abortion was legalized, which is a good thing), that means 730,000 abortions were performed not due to medical necessity, rape, incest, health of the mother, etc, but because "oops!  we created a human being...that's inconvenient, let's kill it so we can move on with life."

We're a country of 331 million people, of which roughly 120 million are in the 15 to 44 age group (the "child bearing years", generally speaking).  With approximately 50% of those 120 million people being female, and with ~ 1 million abortions performed a year, that means 1 in 48 child-bearing age women will have an abortion out of convenience each year.  

Sex has become transactional, and taking the precautions necessary to prevent having to commit murder after the fact (and there are many available) seem to be too inconvenient to take seriously.  And I'm not pointing the finger at just women.  There's a definite man problem going on here as well.  Even for births that DO occur from unintended pregnancies, fatherless children are a huge problem, particularly in the black communities.

I don't think abortion should be illegal.  Black markets would fill the demand if they were made illegal.  The problem is that so many abortions are needed, not that they're being performed.  Call it moral decay or whatever you want, but women are far too willing to spread their legs, and men are far too willing to saddle up, and between them they're not taking the necessary precautions to prevent life.  That's the point.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

At what point exactly would ending an unwanted pregnancy become inappropriate and become murder?  At what stage of the pregnancy does it become unreasonable for me to object?  Yes I know that's cliche but at the same time you have to admit the statement that it's simply an "unwanted pregnancy" is at least an oversimplification of a complex issue, even from the "pro choice" side.

At some point all of this advocacy starts to sound a lot like eugenics.  

I am arguing that the world is burning due to the rise of moral relativism, not because of unwanted pregnancies.  People do not want (or are "incapable" of taking care of) children because they choose to focus on the accumulation of material wealth instead.  

Politically, abortion in this country will always remain legal due to reasons outlined above.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Question: Is legal abortion better than it was before it was legal? Has there been a consequent reduction in problem pregnancies, child abuse, children living in shitty circumstances and poverty? Not if everything was the same as now, but without abortion how would it be, because that's an invalid comparison. We got here with legal abortion, and we didn't get here up until abortion was legal, so what changed? Obviously it wasn't perfect at any time before, but after, did things get better or worse, and is abortion a relevant factor?
View Quote

Are there more babies growing up in shitty homes now that could have been legally aborted than there were kids being raised in shitty homes when abortion was illegal?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody is forcing anyone to be a bad parent.  There are ~2 million families waiting to adopt, and thats just the ones who qualify against the overly strict policies.  I'd be willing to bet, that given the chance, an aborted child will choose to grow up in "not the absolute best environment" over being violently murdered 100 out 100 times.  Relax the regulations on who can adopt and you'd find even more willing families.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like your carrying a bit of a chip on your shoulder. Your egg and sperm donor parents may not be the junkie, thot, terrible persons you make them out to be... how would you know?
I suggest moving on.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Women have personal freedom and accountability.  They can use birth control or abstain.

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Are there more babies growing up in shitty homes now that could have been legally aborted than there were kids being raised in shitty homes when abortion was illegal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask some of the adults who grew up in shitty situations if they'd rather be dead than live through that.  Vast majority of people like to live, even if it's hard at times.  

Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I would agree to this if we would also agree to stop paying for the born ones too. If we would actually go back to letting the weak and stupid starve, this could all iron itself out very quickly, but every emotional idiot screaming about "they're murdering babies" also throws a fit if you propose getting rid of the "safety nets" outright.
View Quote

They didn't starve.  What they did to avoid starvation, and the freedom they had to enable their survival, made this country very-very strong.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They didn't starve.  What they did to avoid starvation, and the freedom they had to enable their survival, made this country very-very strong.
View Quote

Some did.  Some became criminals.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sounds like your carrying a bit of a chip on your shoulder. Your egg and sperm donor parents may not be the junkie, thot, terrible persons you make them out to be... how would you know?
I suggest moving on.
View Quote

I am completely moron. My biorents have all the emotional impact that a 'stay off the grass' sign seen in passing from a car window has to me. But it's sobering to think that had I been conceived three years later, I could have been legally murdered before I could even learn to control my own bowels. The wielding of the arbitrary of power of life  and death because you think you have a pretty good idea of what's likely to happen, statistically, to that infant if let to live, strikes me as the archetypical example of hubris and arrogance.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suppose we killed the criminals after they did the crime, instead of killing children that might do crime someday?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Well, we're obviously not going to kill those that deserve it apparently, so I guess the best option is murdering babies before they have the opportunity to maybe do crime someday, is that your argument? If not, what is?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and the rest were handily alive to fight back-to-back world wars.  A whole lotta 'merican kids who went off the war in the 20th century gladly went.  Not only because of their bravery and patriotism, but also because their quality of life VASTLY improved in service; and it gave them a chance to make something of themselves.  

The above doesn't nearly explain the whole detail of my opinion on the matter, but, in addition to abortion being murder in my mind (I'm an atheist FWIW), I'm also strongly against it for national security reasons.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Suppose we killed the criminals after they did the crime, instead of killing children that might do crime someday?
View Quote

Totally on board with that.  My statement was not intended to be an argument  for abortion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When you are literally quoting Hitler's Mein Kampf, might want to dial it back a bit.
View Quote

Wasn't long until one of you libs pulled the Nazi card.  

Go back to DU with the rest of the blue haired tarts.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Abortion is murder, prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I am adopted, at birth. 1970. Sealed records, although my similarly adopted in 1966 sister apparently hunted up her gamete donors, some years ago. Personally, I never gave a shit about them. Thanks and goodbye, my parents are the ones that were there.

That's not my point. My point is, I could be a rape baby, a nephson, pooped out of some junkie's twat that tricked on the street to score a fix, or just some dumbass teen's lovechild from getting knocked up at the prom in the backseat of a jalopy.
I'm pretty sure, given the circumstances of a mother giving up a baby for adoption, the statisticians would have predicted for that infant, me, a very poor future. Good thing abortion wasn't legal yet, at least for me, huh?
View Quote

God bless you OP and thank you for sharing your story.  I turned ant abortion years ago when a man came to our church and had a similar story.  I'll never forget what I learned.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#47]
CSB
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Women tell men what to do with their bodies all the time too so don't get too excited about that leftist story.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Bitching about abortion" is protecting the vulnerable children who have no choice but have a life to lose.  If we allow child murder what does it actually mean to be"conservative'?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Abortion is not something the government should have a say in.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top